Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New digital single 'Mask' out November 18th, 2022 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125596)

kotora 19th November 2022 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foyuki (Post 3354511)
Prefer higher quality coz I watch it on TV
4K HDR is super better
Such as this one
https://youtu.be/ijS_orLb6VU

LMAO THE LEVEL OF SHADE USING THAT SONG TO REPLY THAT

Ate that.

Larisa-chan 19th November 2022 05:00 AM

Google Translate seems to have come a long ways:

MASK

As the night deepened, I reflected in the window glass
With a tired face, a big sigh at the end of the day
Losing sight of the value of speaking the truth
I'm not surprised to see someone's dyed eyes

Since then, we've overcome many pains
Pretend, just scars new scars cold
Emotions I let go of because of the times

Even so, the meaning of advancing is in the future
Thinking of that person who said that, I stand up again

Line up all the things that can't be done and give a reason
Since when did you start making smiles for the time being?

Even though I cried, I told you
How long have you been able to face someone like that?

The wind is getting cold
Winter is already so close

I only want to listen to gentle songs
Are you imagining hiding your wounds with scars again?

LOONAppears 19th November 2022 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPL (Post 3354515)
Can someone take out the synth from the chorus? I think that will make the song a lot better. Think about monochrome - you don’t need the synth to repeat the chorus melody to have an impact

i definitely second this... imagine if she pulls a beyoncé and goes back and changes some of the song elements even after the song has come out LMAO

KPL 19th November 2022 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOONAppears (Post 3354522)
i definitely second this... imagine if she pulls a beyoncé and goes back and changes some of the song elements even after the song has come out LMAO

In the past there were album versions! But those are no longer nowadays :(

adrtwb 19th November 2022 06:29 AM

I just went to TeamLab Tokyo and seems like ayu filmed the PV there?

~angel*ayumi~ 19th November 2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrtwb (Post 3354525)
I just went to TeamLab Tokyo and seems like ayu filmed the PV there?

Yes

kotora 19th November 2022 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrtwb (Post 3354525)
I just went to TeamLab Tokyo and seems like ayu filmed the PV there?

Yes

https://planets.teamlab.art/tokyo/ew/ffgarden_planets/
Floating Flower Garden

tenshi no hane 19th November 2022 09:54 AM

I made a translation. It's quick one so I'm not giving its own thread. These lyrics are quite difficult to turn into sensible English.

Mask

At midnight, my reflection in the window glass
looks exhausted and I heave a heavy sigh that today is over
I'm no longer surprised when I see someone's cold eyes,
having lost sight of the importance of telling the truth

Since then we've overcome so much pain
or pretended to, simply covering scars with new wounds

Blaming the times, we let go of our feelings

"Even so, in the future there'll be meaning to moving forward now"
I remember that person's words and get back up

Making excuses by lining up all the things I can't do anymore
and just putting on a smile for the time being, when did I start doing that?

Communicating even in tears, yelling until I was understood,
when was the last time I was able to face someone like that?

The wind has gotten colder, right?
Winter is just around the corner

I've started to feel like listening to only soft songs
Imagining, hiding my wounds with other wounds again?

Foyuki 19th November 2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3354516)
LMAO THE LEVEL OF SHADE USING THAT SONG TO REPLY THAT

Ate that.

lol most of her mvs looks cheap
4K (HDR) streaming average is 20-40Mbps on YouTube
VP9 for 1080p is only 2-4Mbps looks horrible on higher resolution devices
BD4K is 60-100Mbps x265

Foyuki 19th November 2022 10:57 AM

omg YouTube ayu channel finally updated multi language subs !!!
But cannot find the options on iPhone
Only on TV

Sim' 19th November 2022 11:17 AM

Digital charts are out for the first day :

#4 on Oricon Daily Digital Singles Charts (#3 is at 3,110DL)
#5 on Recochoku Daily Single Charts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenshi no hane (Post 3354530)
I made a translation. It's quick one so I'm not giving its own thread. These lyrics are quite difficult to turn into sensible English.

Mask

At midnight, my reflection in the window glass
looks exhausted and I heave a heavy sigh that today is over
I'm no longer surprised when I see someone's dyed eyes*,
having lost sight of the importance of telling the truth

Since then we've overcome so much pain
or pretended to, simply covering scars with new wounds

Blaming the times, we let go of our feelings

"Even so, in the future there'll be meaning to moving forward now"
I remember that person's words and get back up

Making excuses by lining up all the things I can't do anymore
and just putting on a smile for the time being, when did I start doing that?

Communicating even in tears, yelling until I was understood,
when was the last time I was able to face someone like that?

The wind has gotten colder, right?
Winter is just around the corner

I've started to feel like listening to only soft songs
Imagining, hiding my wounds with other wounds again?


---

* T/N: No clue what she means with "someone's dyed eyes". The literal translation is "eyes that someone has colored/dyed".

Thanks for taking the time to translate the lyrics.
I don't have much to say about the "sad yet powerful message" though...

Aderianu 19th November 2022 11:32 AM

The lyrics didn't match the sound for me
Thanks for translation

koumori 19th November 2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenshi no hane (Post 3354530)
I made a translation. It's quick one so I'm not giving its own thread. These lyrics are quite difficult to turn into sensible English.

Mask

At midnight, my reflection in the window glass
looks exhausted and I heave a heavy sigh that today is over
I'm no longer surprised when I see someone's dyed eyes*,
having lost sight of the importance of telling the truth

Since then we've overcome so much pain
or pretended to, simply covering scars with new wounds

Blaming the times, we let go of our feelings

"Even so, in the future there'll be meaning to moving forward now"
I remember that person's words and get back up

Making excuses by lining up all the things I can't do anymore
and just putting on a smile for the time being, when did I start doing that?

Communicating even in tears, yelling until I was understood,
when was the last time I was able to face someone like that?

The wind has gotten colder, right?
Winter is just around the corner

I've started to feel like listening to only soft songs
Imagining, hiding my wounds with other wounds again?


---

* T/N: No clue what she means with "someone's dyed eyes". The literal translation is "eyes that someone has colored/dyed".

Thank you so much for the translation :shughug

Uknow! 19th November 2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3354516)
LMAO THE LEVEL OF SHADE USING THAT SONG TO REPLY THAT

Ate that.

eh ok... can't even make a question anymore, now I remember why I left this forum xd

@foyuki thank you for answering

tokyoxjapanxfan 19th November 2022 12:12 PM

It might be “sameta” (grow cold) not “someta” (dye)?

kotora 19th November 2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foyuki (Post 3354531)
lol most of her mvs looks cheap
4K (HDR) streaming average is 20-40Mbps on YouTube
VP9 for 1080p is only 2-4Mbps looks horrible on higher resolution devices
BD4K is 60-100Mbps x265

Can't blame ayu for that. Blame for avex production house. But for making a music video in Teamlab all the flowers. It needs to be 4K.

Foyuki 19th November 2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3354539)
Can't blame ayu for that. Blame for avex production house. But for making a music video in Teamlab all the flowers. It needs to be 4K.

of coz and even koda kumi released pv in 4K 60FPS
I think some TA staff are useless such as Summer Again PV cut and retouch
PIA ARENA BD is even not 1080
I dont know what the hell is wrong with avex

Zeke. 19th November 2022 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPL (Post 3354515)
Can someone take out the synth from the chorus? I think that will make the song a lot better. Think about monochrome - you don’t need the synth to repeat the chorus melody to have an impact

This is what I recognized immediately. The fact the synth is emulating the exact melody of ayus vocal rather than being a separate yet harmonic one altogether is really dragging the song down. Take JEWEL for example, Ayu has her own melody and the piano that accompanies her had another. They work amazing together and makes the song feel fuller.

Didz-19 19th November 2022 02:19 PM

i was listening to "MASK" and didn't even realize that it ended so quickly...i think something was missing..but can't seem to identify what..hmmm...

YakuSoku 19th November 2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenshi no hane (Post 3354530)
I made a translation. It's quick one so I'm not giving its own thread. These lyrics are quite difficult to turn into sensible English.

Mask

At midnight, my reflection in the window glass
looks exhausted and I heave a heavy sigh that today is over
I'm no longer surprised when I see someone's dyed eyes*,
having lost sight of the importance of telling the truth

Since then we've overcome so much pain
or pretended to, simply covering scars with new wounds

Blaming the times, we let go of our feelings

"Even so, in the future there'll be meaning to moving forward now"
I remember that person's words and get back up

Making excuses by lining up all the things I can't do anymore
and just putting on a smile for the time being, when did I start doing that?

Communicating even in tears, yelling until I was understood,
when was the last time I was able to face someone like that?

The wind has gotten colder, right?
Winter is just around the corner

I've started to feel like listening to only soft songs
Imagining, hiding my wounds with other wounds again?


---

* T/N: No clue what she means with "someone's dyed eyes". The literal translation is "eyes that someone has colored/dyed".


It’s 冷た from 冷たい つめたい cold


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.