Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [VI] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105824)

Kogepan_19 5th December 2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 2572305)
Has Ayu ever done the connected song thing after doing it in P.S II? I know that had a chorus from POWDER SNOW, but that's about all I can remember. I think she's also quoted her older songs at some point too, but I can't remember which songs~

Even though it seems like a far stretch, the HANABIs may be connected musically as well but through contrast. The first HANABI is in the minor key whereas episode II is in major. Throughout episode II are un-exact inversions of motives of pitch in the first one. It can discussed in detail, but generally it feels as if episode II is a consequent or response to the first. I would be very surprised if an episode III is ever produced.

Otherwise, I love how it appears that Ayu really thought of the general cohesiveness to Love songs. It could be one of the good factors to "rushing" as all her ideas for singles and the album would be connected, in comparison to what happened of the singles leading up to NEXT LEVEL.

njanjayrp 5th December 2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiko (Post 2572525)
^I know, an interlude is a song, technically lol a lot of them even have vocals...not for ayu...but yeah.

that would be great if it was true though.

Ayu's interludes are sometimes longer than kpop songs xD

ownsarai 5th December 2010 12:22 PM

I wonder when Dream ON PV will reach us...I am excited to see it. ayu looks totally fierce in the shots from the news.

Heavenly 5th December 2010 12:37 PM

Oh My god i ♥ Love Song... This song is pure perfection X____X
Love the lyrics, love the music, love Ayu's voice, love the composition (sounds like Last angel), love the YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !

♥

isthisLOL? 5th December 2010 12:39 PM

On the connected songs discussion: Microphone and Sexy Little Things got some very similar sounds. I always saw them as connected, but not as strongly as Last Angel and Love Song.

njanjayrp 5th December 2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2572606)
On the connected songs discussion: Microphone and Sexy Little Things got some very similar sounds. I always saw them as connected, but not as strongly as Last Angel and Love Song.

Microphone and Sexy Little Things were only connected thru their PVs, the songs had no relation whatsoever, as one was about her love for music and the other one was about women...

Mirrorcle Monster 5th December 2010 12:57 PM

I dont see any connection between Love Song and Last Angel...

Kogepan_19 5th December 2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 2572613)
Microphone and Sexy Little Things were only connected thru their PVs, the songs had no relation whatsoever, as one was about her love for music and the other one was about women...

The only musical correlation I can find between Microphone and Sexy Little Things is the chromaticism that's present in the verses of Microphone and the chorus of Sexy Little Things. That being said, I personally don't find any reason for a meaningful relation between the two songs.

@ Heaven Zerase - The borrowed melody in Love song is during the bridges when Ayu goes "la la la" around 1:35 is from the beginning melody of Last angel, as well as the framework melody of the chorus in Last angel which is elaborated.

emi♡ 5th December 2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 2572547)
Ayu's interludes are sometimes longer than kpop songs xD

:laugh they probably cost more to produce too XD

Rebirthia 5th December 2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiko (Post 2571648)
I think maybe I understand what you mean...

I dont think it's the most amazing song ever like some people are saying...like they say every time a song comes out, but it is a good song, and she doesnt really have any like it...but she has some that are like...parts of it.

[...]

But anyway, I really like it. It's something unexpected (for me lol)

+1
I think it's good, but I think it lack some production, the lyrics seem to be in a hurry... and I can't help thinking she recorderd 6 songs in 1 months, apart from recording videos and shooting for calendar, etc...
So taking this into account, it's a pretty good song that shakes you, really, but no, it's not her best song ever. But I will be listening to this song for a long time, I have this feeling...

---

something I have learned about Ayu, if I should said that myself, is that you have to take Ayu's stuff separetely... lyrics, music, performance, PV's, concert shows concept (mise-en-scène), and eventually, titles.... it's all a different thing.

HilaryDuffFanboy 5th December 2010 01:13 PM

The charm lies in the format of the song. Random verses and choruses mixed with random interludes. It doesn't follow that dreaded chorus>verse>chorus>verse>bridge>verse formula. It just reminds you of her music from circa 2001 and the beauty of the unique arrangements.

njanjayrp 5th December 2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiko (Post 2572619)
:laugh they probably cost more to produce too XD

it's funny cuz it's sad :lech

ownsarai 5th December 2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavenly Zerase (Post 2572615)
I dont see any connection between Love Song and Last Angel...

If you really listen to it, you will notice that parts of it sound like the Last angel melody. Especially the guitar solo, at that part you can totally tell its Last angel's beat.

Misa-chan 5th December 2010 01:44 PM

Just heard Love song. In complete love~

:heart

I see her finally moving in a direction I've been wishing she'd try, ever since I started loving her music. I'm predicting that Love songs will turn out to be a fast-paced, dance and heavy beat album, what with "Love song" and "do it again" as the big leads with PVs. Now definitely didn't expect that to come out of an album with such a mild name. ayu, full of the best surprises. Love her!! :D

AyusakiFan 5th December 2010 02:03 PM

I'm personally a little disappointed with the look of the USB. It looks like any other USB, I thought Ayu would give her personal little flair to it like she did with the NEXT LEVEL USB. Even a heart design to represent love would have been nice. I guess I just had higher expectations for it.

isthisLOL? 5th December 2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 2572613)
Microphone and Sexy Little Things were only connected thru their PVs, the songs had no relation whatsoever, as one was about her love for music and the other one was about women...

Both had VERY similar trumpet/elephant sounds, at least to me very similar, Ayu didn't have them in any other song I can think of, and the heys/hos/hes/has/whatever instantly remind me of the other song.
Maybe I'm just weird...but I always thought she had tried to slightly connect them through that. :shakehead

Pieces_of_SEVEN 5th December 2010 03:26 PM

One interlude would be amazing, but that's just how CDJ describes their products :P

jbrat2219 5th December 2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyusakiFan (Post 2572653)
I'm personally a little disappointed with the look of the USB. It looks like any other USB, I thought Ayu would give her personal little flair to it like she did with the NEXT LEVEL USB. Even a heart design to represent love would have been nice. I guess I just had higher expectations for it.

I'll take plain over expensive any day. Remember the NEXT LEVEL USB alone was about $70! The total package of the Limited Edition including the USB is about $90~$100.

Yumsushi 5th December 2010 06:58 PM

WOW, Love song is awesome. But every time the opening music keys play I have to tell myself it isn't blossom, so I don't turn it off, lol.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 5th December 2010 07:04 PM

^^I was just think that they're a little similar lol
I don't think they're THAT similar though.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.