Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Official Message] ayu-mi-x 7: HOUSE / Acoustic Orchestra / Trance / ayu-ro mix + Limited Boxset [IV] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108159)

love in music 11th April 2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all.night.raver (Post 2665895)
Yeah I think re-records are overrated now. I really didn't like any of the 10th Anniversary re-record vocals (especially Who... - what a God-awful letdown). Her voice just does not suit them anymore - but I still would like a re-recording for evolution (softer acoustic version and raw rock version).

Who... and TO BE are actually the only 10th anniversary ones I like (and prefer to the originals) but I remember how much everyone hated all the 10th anniversary versions because of the rerecorded vocals lol. most fans of the original songs feel like she ruins her classics when she rerecords them (unless it's A SONG FOR XX), so I really don't think rerecording all these songs would be a good idea.

tokyoxjapanxfan 11th April 2011 04:53 PM

I liked Depend on you's 10th anniversary version :P
The music, especially at the end (guitar) is really great aha...

But yeah, I don't see the necessity of re-recording all the tracks.

Heavenly 11th April 2011 05:36 PM

I think that a re-recording for the AO songs would be appropriate, because some of the songs that will be remixed are upbeat /fast songs (like evolution or AUDIENCE) and the rhythm wouldn't fit the orchestra music...

Sandy 11th April 2011 05:46 PM

I like acoustic versions, but acoustic orchestra? You never know what's coming...

These are some songs I don't understand why make AC/ORC versions:

01. WHATEVER (Arranged by CMJK)
- if the tempo is the same as in the original, I can only see a chatastrophy ahead. This song is not supposed to be acoustic.

04. kanariya (Arranged by Yuta Nakano)
- if not with new vocal, I can't listen to it. The song is nice and I love the PV but Ayu sounds terrible.

06. NEVER EVER (Arranged by Akimitsu Homma)
- No no whyyyyyyy >:< I still have traumas from the ayu-mi-x 4 Acoustic Version

09. evolution (Arranged by Yuta Nakano)
- if it's like in Asia Tour 2007 then gimme!!!! :love

11. You were... (Arranged by CMJK)
- the ONLY "new" song and pretty much the worst choice :eviltongu

Wanted to share my opinion
9 days left <3

krtman2002 11th April 2011 05:53 PM

I think that 10th anniversary versions were really good, specially TO BE version. Her vocals are great in that song and I think she gives more drama!

I think she should re-record her first album: A song for XX. I loke most of the songs, but not her voice.. :S

Kana×Shin 11th April 2011 05:55 PM

no one is sharing it with us? :(

ExodusUK 11th April 2011 05:57 PM

The upbeat AOs will probably be similar to what they did with And Then for the 2nd AO disc. They would have to re-record vocals to do anything drastic with them, which is never going to happen.

Zeke. 11th April 2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love in music (Post 2665903)
Who... and TO BE are actually the only 10th anniversary ones I like (and prefer to the originals) but I remember how much everyone hated all the 10th anniversary versions because of the rerecorded vocals lol. most fans of the original songs feel like she ruins her classics when she rerecords them (unless it's A SONG FOR XX), so I really don't think rerecording all these songs would be a good idea.

Well the re-recorded vocal versions that appeared on A BEST were AMAZING! I love those ones, especially A Song For XX and Depend on you. Also the A Song For XX on A BALLADS was great too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiSeido (Post 2665896)
What's the difference between heart and soul, if we talk about those words as synonym for emotions? :mgagged

I'm guessing heart as in trance music touches your heart. Builds tension in your chest, a lot more emotional. House for the soul I would say is more of a "feel good" vibe - not an emotion just a vibe. Kinda just makes you want to move a little bit - doesn't lift you up. Although house doesn't make me feel good at all. Lol.

perfectodub 11th April 2011 07:45 PM

Personally i think music for dance have nothing to do with emotional things or heart, i love the conection
of the dance music with the impulse the sensuality
the physical passion and atraction like tribals, that the reason that i love the house,it make feel sexy

Zeke. 11th April 2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfectodub (Post 2665970)
Personally i think music for dance have nothing to do with emotional things or heart, i love the conection
of the dance music with the impulse the sensuality
the physical passion and atraction like tribals, that the reason that i love the house,it make feel sexy

You couldn't be more wrong with that statement. NOTHING to do with emotion? I have to admit I am actually angered by that comment and offended, even though I am sure you did not mean for it to come across that way. But there is no doubt that trance is one of THE MOST (if not THE MOST) emotional types of music out there.

I understand if you meant to put that statement toward house music (exactly why I don't like house - no emotion), but as far as electronic dance music in general you have it all wrong. Trance can be sexy too - in fact, eerie, sexy, bad ass trance is my favorite kind!


You can't tell me that track is not sexy - the way it enters at 1:40 and creeps in at 1:49, then the beat kicks in shortly after. This song was originally mistagged as "Embrace Yourself" when I first heard it and I am not lying, I got aroused listening to it. Lol!

I could post a lot of emotional trance songs, some of the most emotional having no words at all and I feel those are the most powerful in terms of expressing emotion - when it does it so well with melody and production alone.

hsienko 11th April 2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 2665929)
I like acoustic versions, but acoustic orchestra? You never know what's coming...

These are some songs I don't understand why make AC/ORC versions:

01. WHATEVER (Arranged by CMJK)
- if the tempo is the same as in the original, I can only see a chatastrophy ahead. This song is not supposed to be acoustic.

04. kanariya (Arranged by Yuta Nakano)
- if not with new vocal, I can't listen to it. The song is nice and I love the PV but Ayu sounds terrible.

06. NEVER EVER (Arranged by Akimitsu Homma)
- No no whyyyyyyy >:< I still have traumas from the ayu-mi-x 4 Acoustic Version

09. evolution (Arranged by Yuta Nakano)
- if it's like in Asia Tour 2007 then gimme!!!! :love

11. You were... (Arranged by CMJK)
- the ONLY "new" song and pretty much the worst choice :eviltongu

Wanted to share my opinion
9 days left <3

Yes. These are all horrible choices for AO, they should have choose songs better suited for AO like Virgin Road, Free & Easy, Heaven, etc.

Mintkisses 11th April 2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all.night.raver (Post 2665979)
But there is no doubt that trance is one of THE MOST (if not THE MOST) emotional types of music out there.

I could post a lot of emotional trance songs, some of the most emotional having no words at all and I feel those are the most powerful in terms of expressing emotion - when it does it so well with melody and production alone.

THIS

I am huge techno, trance, electronic, dubstep lover and this comment gave me the chills because it's so true. Trance especially, like you said, is one of the most emotional. I cannot listen and just casually think of repetitive sounds put together so people can dance. The artist is still trying to put out an emotion for their audience to hear. Dubstep is another techno-based genre that is full of emotions. The break downs and low drops literally make my heart skip.

Btw OP, that song you posted was amazzzing! Me and my boyfriend listened to it and was vibing :p

MeltingCORE 11th April 2011 09:54 PM

I am a enormous Trance and EDM fan as well. I highly agree with all.night.raver. How can one listen to Trance and think it doesn't have to "do with the heart or emotional things"? Even if you dislike Trance I still just don't get how one cannot feel the emotion...

Not trying to butt heads or anything, I just wanted to post how I feel to since Trance is my favorite genre. :)

And still waiting... COME ON, LEAK ALREADY!

Picaflor 7/4 11th April 2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all.night.raver (Post 2665979)

I remember this song. I was gonna make a sparkle mashup with it but I suck at pitch and key and didn't want to ruin it. lol

Zeke. 11th April 2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Picaflor 7/4 (Post 2666016)
I remember this song. I was gonna make a sparkle mashup with it but I suck at pitch and key and didn't want to ruin it. lol

Lol, yep I have posted it a few times since I love it so much! Jochen is a genius - I love his style. He totally would've been perfect to mix Sparkle.


3:54 is epic

love in music 11th April 2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsienko (Post 2665986)
Yes. These are all horrible choices for AO, they should have choose songs better suited for AO like Virgin Road, Free & Easy, Heaven, etc.

HEAVEN is getting an orchestra version :) I'm really looking forward to that one along with You were..., BLUE BIRD, HANABI, and Moments. I'm sure they'll all sound gorgeous with orchestra.

perfectodub 11th April 2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all.night.raver (Post 2665979)
You couldn't be more wrong with that statement. NOTHING to do with emotion? I have to admit I am actually angered by that comment and offended, even though I am sure you did not mean for it to come across that way. But there is no doubt that trance is one of THE MOST (if not THE MOST) emotional types of music out there.

I understand if you meant to put that statement toward house music (exactly why I don't like house - no emotion), but as far as electronic dance music in general you have it all wrong. Trance can be sexy too - in fact, eerie, sexy, bad ass trance is my favorite kind!


You can't tell me that track is not sexy - the way it enters at 1:40 and creeps in at 1:49, then the beat kicks in shortly after. This song was originally mistagged as "Embrace Yourself" when I first heard it and I am not lying, I got aroused listening to it. Lol!

I could post a lot of emotional trance songs, some of the most emotional having no words at all and I feel those are the most powerful in terms of expressing emotion - when it does it so well with melody and production alone.



i was talking about how the dance music must to be for me.

the trance music is too emotional and sometimes sad, tragic...and thats the reason that i don't like Trance.
at the same time the beat of trance is monotonous.

sometime in the discoteque i dance trance music..and after a while..is boring
..you can't move your body in a sexy way
i love to shake my body, hips, shoulders...but trance is just like
space-old-fashion-futuristic-dance-with-your-self- genre

sometime i think trance is for people that can not dance

i love house because is wild, dark, virile at the same time extravagant

the song of your video is good..but is not the typical trance song
is the same with all the styles...the 70% of the songs of one style is just average...the 30% is the best

this song for me is the house perfection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUrNufrZm-E
the change of tone in 2:45 is just great

Zeke. 11th April 2011 11:07 PM

^OMG, to each there own but how ghetto and old-school. If anything house is monotonous - trance is usually evolving and building with a changing melody and composition. This song is just like the same part on loop, lol.

perfectodub 11th April 2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all.night.raver (Post 2666032)
^OMG, to each there own but how ghetto and old-school. If anything house is monotonous - trance is usually evolving and building with a changing melody and composition. This song is just like the same part on loop, lol.

the house music at the same time give you the chance to experiment with a lot of different rythms... but trance is always the same thing,..there is no evolution...when i'm listen trance is like listen robert miles one over again.

Zeke. 11th April 2011 11:16 PM

Trance has evolved so much these days.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.