Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asian Music Polls (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   [2006] Black Cherry vs. Secret (oh yes, I went there!) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53429)

sora-kara 29th December 2006 09:27 PM

After listening to both albums, I have to say that Secret is much better.

I really didn't like any of Ayu's singles this year, but I downloaded the album and immediately loved it to bits. (so much so that after one listen I went and bought it off YesAsia :P).

On the other hand, I really liked all of Kuu's singles (not so much JUICY or Cherry Girl though ~ but that still leaves a lot of material that I enjoyed), so I pre-ordered Black Cherry a while back.
Despite liking so many of the songs, there really seems to be something missing from the album. It's a little spastic, kind of all over the place. It doesn't seem to have a theme or vision. It's just a lot of music.
It's still enjoyable, but Secret has a real flow, a real mood to it (even though it changes toward the end, it doesn't ruin it) that Black Cherry can't match.

I still enjoy them both though. :)

Keishi 30th December 2006 03:07 PM

It's not that we misunderstand this. In fact, 99% of the voters, which most probably is those Anti-Ayu and Anti-Ku, did misunderstand this poll.

I think the amount of people who DID LISTEN TO BOTH ALBUMS AND JUDGE / VOTE FAIRLY, without the thoughts "I don't know about Ayu/Ku's album, so I vote for Ku/Ayu's album", are really really REALLY countable. :(

ImpactBreaker 30th December 2006 03:35 PM

^LOL what about those who listened to both but are still undecided which is better? *points at self*

Keishi 30th December 2006 03:54 PM

LOL. Lemme guess...both are good?....or both are horrid? XD

For me, I'd say the latter, but the one that I can still tolerate is BC. It has more happy songs...while most of Secret tracks are too Rock-ish.........emo Rock. :no

ImpactBreaker 30th December 2006 04:06 PM

both are excellent imo, I enjoyed both a lot.
The tracks in Secret aren't THAT rockish imo.

Keishi 30th December 2006 04:29 PM

Well...there aren't much fun tracks in Secret. I'm getting bored already with Born to be... and BLUE BIRD....(they are still good songs, nevertheless....just too bored of them after over-listening to them :laugh)
The new tracks have too much depressing rock influences.

While BC has more happy and fun tracks to entertain me.

~Matt~ 30th December 2006 06:04 PM

Secret :love

~X2RADialbomber~ 30th December 2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunalesca (Post 985258)
To be honest I really hate threads like these. Of course majority of the posts are going to be biased towards Ayumi since this is of course an Ayumi forum. I also hate how often Ayumi and Kumi get compared considering they are two very different artists with completely different styles. Why does one have to be "better" than the other?

Well considering Black Cherry is practically pop, and unlike her last studio album, Secret, they are practically the same style.

elepop 30th December 2006 10:49 PM

People have to stop with the "these two can't be compared because they are sooooo different". All artists are different. It's really difficult to find an artist that is very similiar to another. (I still haven't found a group or band that sounds like HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR and Tommy heavenly6.) They all sound different. It's just something we have to deal with. At least both Kuu and Ayu are female solo artists and both are really popular... lol.

And to be honest, I think that Ayu would have won even if it wasn't an Ayu forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keishi (Post 985936)
LOL. Lemme guess...both are good?....or both are horrid? XD

For me, I'd say the latter, but the one that I can still tolerate is BC. It has more happy songs...while most of Secret tracks are too Rock-ish.........emo Rock. :no

LOL, you don't like the "Secret" rock songs. Those are actually the songs I prefer in this album!

But "Secret" isn't that rockish when we think about it...

1. Not yet
2. until that Day...
3. Startin'

4. 1 LOVE
5. It was

6. LABYRINTH
7. JEWEL
8. momentum

9. taskinst
10. Born To Be...
11. Beautiful Fighters
12. BLUE BIRD

13. kiss o' kill
14. Secret

Green = up-beat (6)
Blue = slow (4)
Red = rock (4)

ImpactBreaker 31st December 2006 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asongforXX (Post 986250)
People have to stop with the "these two can't be compared because they are sooooo different". All artists are different.

Not exactly true. I can compare Boa with Pop Britney easily, cause they sing these simillar kind of songs such as "Stronger" by Britney and BoA's imitation "POWER", Britney's Rock and Roll and BoA's Rock With You. It's easy to make comparison's between both, however it would be rather nonsensical to compare BoA and shiina ringo for example.

Quote:

It's really difficult to find an artist that is very similiar to another. (I still haven't found a group or band that sounds like HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR and Tommy heavenly6.) They all sound different. It's just something we have to deal with.
Well, I do think some have simillarities:


HIGH and MIGHT COLOR = Their sound remind me a bit of "move", with the rock and rap, etc
Tommy heavenly6 = at times, she csn be a carbon copy of Avril Lavigne

:laugh

freedreamer 1st January 2007 04:27 PM

@TedusCloud

Kuu aint under Sony..she is under Avex too

Keishi 1st January 2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asongforXX (Post 986250)
LOL, you don't like the "Secret" rock songs. Those are actually the songs I prefer in this album!

But "Secret" isn't that rockish when we think about it...

1. Not yet
2. until that Day...
3. Startin'

4. 1 LOVE
5. It was

6. LABYRINTH
7. JEWEL
8. momentum

9. taskinst
10. Born To Be...
11. Beautiful Fighters
12. BLUE BIRD

13. kiss o' kill
14. Secret

Green = up-beat (6)
Blue = slow (4)
Red = rock (4)

I only listen to the new tracks. The single tracks have bored my out due to over-listening :laugh
and...yeah, aside from Secret, momentum, & JEWEL, the rest are emo rock. I can't stand them >_>

Rurutia 1st January 2007 07:19 PM

black cherry was very dissapointing, ayu's secret blew me away.

Lyra-Shini-Gami 8th January 2007 07:07 PM

If got both of the albums, and I think the Secret Album is much better, I love Koda Kumi but I like only a few songs of Black Cherry like the introduction, get up& move and cherry girl. I think Koda Kumi´s 12 Week projekt was better than that. Ayumis Album is great, I love every of her songs on it.

Huaka 9th January 2007 07:36 AM

I still think Secret is better for me, and I have had Black Cherry for awhile now. I like Secret's album tracks better and Koda Kumi had way too much ballads, and her upbeat pop songs near the end rather sucked. I still love both artists though.

namiie 10th January 2007 03:46 AM

Definitely Secret. I just prefer Ayu's voice over Koda Kumi's--it's softer and not as...smoky, lol. Plus, Ayu's music has more substance than Kumi's, in my opinion. There's a lot more variety to be found in Ayu's work, I believe.

Yarumi 10th January 2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyra-Shini-Gami (Post 991300)
If got both of the albums, and I think the Secret Album is much better, I love Koda Kumi but I like only a few songs of Black Cherry like the introduction, get up& move and cherry girl. I think Koda Kumi´s 12 Week projekt was better than that. Ayumis Album is great, I love every of her songs on it.

yeah I agree... I was SOOO looking foward to Kuu putting out this album! I wanted upbeat songs and instead all we got was some mediocre ballads... I really am surprised at her sales... I think little girls are buying most of the album just because it is "Koda Kumi" amd right now that sexy look is very attractive and sales very well


I thought Ayu's album was very rockish... but I LOVE Ayu's rock! Just LOVE it... she has said that that's her favorite style right? Well... I say let the girl do what she loves to do!

I am hoping that Kuu's next single is great... after her 12 week album project I was so into Kuu... and was up until the single after 4-Hot Wave... the rest were boring! And then I heard about Black Cherry and was like, OMG sounds like it's gonna be a upbeat sexy album and boy was I wrong! Please Kuu... stop these stupid ballads... you voice is only okay in a few... I want your upbeat stuff! Thats the Kuu I like to listen too!

Whereas on Secret the only song I constantly skip over is Beautiful Fighters... It's annoying, but the rest are fabulous!

emi♡ 10th January 2007 09:44 PM

I think Secret is better, the tracks seem to have more, thought put into them, and I love every one, while with Black Cherry, I only love myabe 80% of them.

It may just be that I'm new to Kuu, but I still think that the tracks such as milk tea and candlelight could have been better.

One thing I noticed right now with Kuu (someone tell me if I'm wrong), but I was just thinking that Kuu seems to promote all the right songs, ex Juicy and Cherry Girl, both my favorites from the album. It seems to me that all my favorites from her are all the ones she promotes, in contrast to Ayu, who, most of the songs that I love are not only the ones she promotes, but probably even more so, those that she doesn't.

LacusClyne 11th January 2007 02:20 AM

^you're not the only one.

i like the songs that she kept promoting too. like koi no tsubomi, ningyo hime, Cherry girl.....

as for milktea, she can try cutting down her 'cute cute' tone. it gets a little irritaing. as for 'candlelight' she should try singing it sofer.

Ayumiko 11th January 2007 03:48 AM

I agree with you there....how I wish ayu would sing momentum!!! Kumi promoted her songs well....I think the biggest reason why I dont like black cherry is her voice in the songs...especially the album tracks...the songs itself is fine its just her voice...it gone so weak, unstable and not as much emotions put into it...like hands or you...I would love yume no uta, unmei, candlelight, etc if her voice was better. They lack soul. Ive been listening to black tears by anna...it was so emotional and I had tears in my eyes. kumis recent ballads could of been as good as that if not better.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.