Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asian Music Polls (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   [2006] Black Cherry vs. Secret (oh yes, I went there!) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53429)

Yarumi 11th January 2007 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayumiko (Post 993168)
I agree with you there....how I wish ayu would sing momentum!!! Kumi promoted her songs well....I think the biggest reason why I dont like black cherry is her voice in the songs...especially the album tracks...the songs itself is fine its just her voice...it gone so weak, unstable and not as much emotions put into it...like hands or you...I would love yume no uta, unmei, candlelight, etc if her voice was better. They lack soul. Ive been listening to black tears by anna...it was so emotional and I had tears in my eyes. kumis recent ballads could of been as good as that if not better.


you know I think you are on to something there... I listened to a few excerpts from Black Cherry and think she was kinda void of emotion... I probably would have loved it if she would have at least sang from the heart... the only one I ever felt was yume no uta... imo

Kikaru 12th January 2007 05:36 AM

^Same here. While Koda's voice is not completely devoid of emotions, it just doesn't seem to come forth as naturally as the emotions from Ayu's songs or Mika's voice, or Yuna Ito's, Olivia's, and so on.

(or since she didn't have the same type of voice as the latter, one comparison would be Namie, which pull off wonderful ballads without straining her voice)

Candlelight would have been a wonderful ballad had she had better vocals. Unmei had such nice arrangement and a nice melody but her singing just ruined the song (plus for some odd reason I found that PV extremely cheesy).

Libriya 12th January 2007 01:37 PM

Neverending theme... Ayu vs. Koda

Well, when I heard Kuu's singles, I thought (inspite of the fact that I don't like Kuu):"Cool! Her album must be better then Ayu's." But when I heard both...

Ayu's album is better I can listen it for hours! (but Beautiful Fighters and Blue Bird are not good... they don't fit for the mood of the album)
But this album is sad... something in lyrics makes me think so...
Her song's are clever and emotional!

Koda... so she differs from Ayu... And BLACK CHERRY... songs are not emotional (exept YUME NO UTA), I feel nothing when I listen to her songs...
What more can I say...

Sim' 16th January 2007 09:16 PM

Secret is definitely better than Black Cherry!

I like both of them, but on the 18 tracks of Kuu-chan, I just liked 5 songs <__<
Secret was plenty of surprises for me, album tracks were really good!

marty518 17th January 2007 07:24 PM

I chose Secret.
I only like the single tracks from Black Cherry. The intro and second song are OK, but other than that, she isn't really offering anything we haven't seen before (her singles).

Secret is really good! I can't believe how good the non-single songs are!
There are a couple songs I don't listen to, but overall I enjoy listening to Secret more.

Surreal86 28th January 2007 06:18 AM

Secret, definately Secret

destiny_ayu 29th January 2007 07:48 PM

It's funny to see how people seems to be fighting over a poll :D
Different people have different taste.
If a person's comments seem to be not of your liking, then that's too bad.
Accept it and just don't care their comments~~

Nu-NRG 5th February 2007 03:53 PM

Secret definetely
I have to admit that I'm drawn in to Koda during the releases of 12 weeks single
but everything else after that is not too good to me
well there's only one song that I truly listen/love and that's Ningyo hime
but other than that, there's really isn't any good song to keep up with the 12 weeks single.
On the other hand ayu's single were ok but her album tracks are all gems
I haven't skip any of the songs excetp for the 3Bs
...I maybe biased afterall I'm more of a rocker P=
I find it funny though the songs that ayu promo are quite weak
while koda's are strong but it is the opposite for their album

MemorialAddress 16th March 2007 03:45 PM

I dont understand why everyone hates Black Cherry.
It was a good album, and I personally liked it better then Secret(Sorry Ayu!)
Ayu's CD just didn't feel like a new CD to me, since most of the songs I already had the singles for. It just felt like I made myself a mix CD, and threw a couple new songs on it >.<
Kuu's CD was really great! I loved all the songs (except TWINKLE) and it was just a great CD in general.

BUT DON'T GET ME WRONG! I loved Secret, and all the non-single tracks were so wonderful! :)

roanmy 17th March 2007 03:05 PM

I haven't heard all of Black Cherry, but what I have heard is... Not good, in my opinion.

Kumi Koda had some good songs a whil ago, but as her popularity rose, her song quality seems to have dropped.

I *LOVE* Secret. Ayu has had some sogs in the past which was rock-ish, mainly Crea songs, but this one had more, and in my opiion the best Ayu album yet.

Peger 18th March 2007 07:44 PM

I think Secret would've won even if this wasn't an Ayumi board. BC was Kumi's worst album yet; though it starts off pretty well, the songs slowly go down in quality and reach the 'miserable' zone after Cherry Girl. Secret on the other hand had great album tracks (though that's probrably b/c a few of them were meant to be singles) and somply flowed very well.

Ayumiko 19th March 2007 09:11 PM

Ayu is on the right track from the secret album tracks to part of me...in terms of music qualities and pvs, its definitely a step up from the 2006 singles.

I am praying hard there will be no more beautiful fighter like songs in the near future...:dead2 and no more luis hermandez, sweetbox....and possibly Takahide Ishii (only part of me and momentum was good)

Peger 19th March 2007 11:43 PM

Am i the only one who liked Beautiful Fighters?

Zeke. 19th March 2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MemorialAddress08 (Post 1043132)
I dont understand why everyone hates Black Cherry.
It was a good album, and I personally liked it better then Secret(Sorry Ayu!)
Ayu's CD just didn't feel like a new CD to me, since most of the songs I already had the singles for. It just felt like I made myself a mix CD, and threw a couple new songs on it >.<
Kuu's CD was really great! I loved all the songs (except TWINKLE) and it was just a great CD in general.

BUT DON'T GET ME WRONG! I loved Secret, and all the non-single tracks were so wonderful! :)

Exactly how many of the songs of Black Cherry were released prior to the official album release...? I think a lot more than Ayu's!

ImpactBreaker 20th March 2007 12:43 AM

LOL secret had only 4 single songs, the rest were brand new exclusive album songs. While Black Cherry had 9 single songs total (not to mention, one of the songs had two versions, making it a total 10 non-exclusive songs).

tokyoxjapanxfan 20th March 2007 02:22 AM

i think black cherry is just riding on ku's popularity :-\...the lyrics and music is so much better on "Secret"...the vocals are a lot better too. i find more emotion in ayu's songs rather than ku's...but meh, thats just me.

My Rainbow 20th March 2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peger (Post 1045614)
Am i the only one who liked Beautiful Fighters?

No! Mee to! I love every song that ayu has released, not just because it's ayu, it's because all her songs are awesome!

Zeke. 20th March 2007 11:27 PM

^ I loved Beautiful Fighters when it came out. I listened to it too much though and got sick of it. Recently I've begun to like it again thanks to BEST of CDL. Usually TOUR LIVES make me fall in love with songs all over again or appreciate the songs I hadn't before. I totally like (miss)understood a lot better now after watching the AT2006

Peger 22nd March 2007 02:13 AM

I just thought BF fit in very well in the Blue Bird single. It also fits in rellay nicely after Born To Be on Secret

AyuHamasaki01 10th May 2007 09:11 AM

Oh, I like both albums...

But I'll go for Secret!!!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.