Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MOON / blossom covers (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101935)

panda♥ 21st June 2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawbariSnowAyumi (Post 2397974)
ayu can pull off cutesy imo. shes lucky.
)


she can but it's annoying, especially at her age. i wish she'd do more natural, classy and sexy looks instead of straight up cute like she's been doing for the past few months. she goes through more "cute" phases than anything else unfortunately.

primavera♥ 21st June 2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ♥pepicolada (Post 2397975)
i don't think that anyone thinks that the covers are ugly :) (decent, average, but not ugly, lols) there are some exceptions like S/S or (m)u covers that are really UGLY, but it's still her - she can't reli look ugly C:

i didnt even find the (m)u cover ugly. i like it in fact T.T ah well . . .i find beauty in the littlest things.

Ayu-me 21st June 2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misa-chan (Post 2397894)
Glad I got it!! :D

And people who even dare to say "bad photoshop" should be shot. As if one of the richest women in one of the world's most technologically advanced countries cannot afford to hire people who know how to use photoshop. Sheesh.



That's because GREEN is not about the colour green, but references trees and forests. And Mirrorcle World is a play on "miracle world", not mirrors.

Which was exactly my point in the post she replied to. MOON isn't purely about a moon, or the Moon, so why should the cover have a moon when it can convey the song's actual message instead? BLUE BIRD has a deeper message than a song about a blue bird, so there is no reason to include a blue bird on the cover(s).
The covers should fit the songs, not the song-titles.

AyUta 21st June 2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panda♥ (Post 2397981)
she can but it's annoying, especially at her age. i wish she'd do more natural, classy and sexy looks instead of straight up cute like she's been doing for the past few months. she goes through more "cute" phases than anything else unfortunately.

I want some more classy and sexy looks too. :( It would be nice for her to have more of those, but I can only hope for future releases.

pepper 21st June 2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panda♥ (Post 2397981)
she can but it's annoying, especially at her age. i wish she'd do more natural, classy and sexy looks instead of straight up cute like she's been doing for the past few months. she goes through more "cute" phases than anything else unfortunately.

you got my point [;

primavera♥ 21st June 2010 11:15 PM

how about. i would love ayu to go around looking creepy and demented and sexy like in alterna, 1 LOVE, ourselves. . . .(these are my favorite ayu looks)

sadly that does not happen and i just go with the flow of whatever ayu does. and appreciate it. especially if it looks nice on her. or fits this over bubbly personality she gives off

truehappiness 21st June 2010 11:23 PM

I don't know if I'd call these covers "cute" though.

They seem to be a happy medium imo. Not completely burikko-status, and it's not matronly looking at all.

ストロボ・EdGE 21st June 2010 11:29 PM

I don't know if I like them or not. I think I liked the pics from TA better sadly.
But I really think it's awesome that the majority of everyone likes them!
:3

Ayu-me 21st June 2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panda♥ (Post 2397981)
she can but it's annoying, especially at her age. i wish she'd do more natural, classy and sexy looks instead of straight up cute like she's been doing for the past few months. she goes through more "cute" phases than anything else unfortunately.

O.o Sorry to butt in like this, but...
I don't think Ayu has a large amount of "cute" phases, or more of those phases than anything else. Maybe when it comes to photo-shoots, yes, but not when it comes to music or performances, which is really where it matters (to me, anyhow).
Japan is a country DEAD SET on "Cute". The general image women are supposed to have in Japan is "cute" and "pretty", not "classy" or necessarily "natural". So of course Ayu and her whole team has that idea in their heads since they mostly live and has grown up in Japan.
And I'd much rather have a cute Ayu (which I can find incredibly adorable many times!), than the sexualized and superficial works of some artists. When Ayu does it, I feel it more from the heart, "cute Ayu" doesn't mean "annoying Ayu" in my opinion. It always feels heartfelt in everything Ayu does, whether it's cute or sexy.
And to my last point, YES, AYU IS A 30+ WOMAN! Does that mean that she can't do "cute"? Why would "cute" have a set age? Probably all of us hold some of our innocent, cute and childish parts close to us through our whole lives, why is it so wrong to show some of those parts sometimes? Well, if Ayu started to cry like a baby and asking for a bottle, and throwing a tantrum when no one gives it to her, it wouldn't be all that nice, in fact it would have been rude and childish in a bad way. But the childish Ayu we have, is nothing like that. So what's so wrong with that? Cute Ayu (in fair amounts) is wonderful IMO!! :D
If you started to listening to Ayu for a constantly sexy and serious artist, well, you probably should find another artist.
Hopefully no one's taking offence? I don't mean to criticize, I just wanted to bring up my opinions and some points. :innocent
WELL, back to topic, while I do feel that cover has a certain innocence and childishness to it, I don't find it "cute-sy". I find it sophisticated and soft :)

M_aria 21st June 2010 11:32 PM

I like it! Its like Fairyland cover but dry LOL.

SweetAquarian102 21st June 2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTMSD (Post 2397319)
WOW!! I love the cover!!
It's really from the photoshoot before.
She's a goddess >.<

I'm afraid that if I touch this picture it will shatter like glass! :P

I don't care if it's Photo-shopped or not, AYU IS A GODDESS!!:love

Misa-chan 21st June 2010 11:34 PM

@Ayu-me Agreed. I was talking with a Japanese guy over dinner last night, and I asked him what he thinks of Japanese girls. His answer? "Well, they're cute, but definitely not beautiful" So there you have it, "a country DEAD SET on Cute" :yes

Miduhyo 21st June 2010 11:34 PM

I really like it! Its simplicity is gorgeous! Nothing overdone in my opinion! Can't wait!

taskinillusion 21st June 2010 11:40 PM

Loooove it! She looks positively divine! I love how soft and pink it is!!! Gorgeous!

truehappiness 21st June 2010 11:42 PM

To be honest, I think this is one of her more recent single covers (You were.../BALLAD too) that has actually looked like a CD cover. Most of the other ones after glitter/fated looked like awkward magazine shoots.

Mary Weather 21st June 2010 11:43 PM

I like it! It's simple and pretty!

primavera♥ 21st June 2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayu-me (Post 2398000)
O.o Sorry to butt in like this, but...
I don't think Ayu has a large amount of "cute" phases, or more of those phases than anything else. Maybe when it comes to photo-shoots, yes, but not when it comes to music or performances, which is really where it matters (to me, anyhow).
Japan is a country DEAD SET on "Cute". The general image women are supposed to have in Japan is "cute" and "pretty", not "classy" or necessarily "natural". So of course Ayu and her whole team has that idea in their heads since they mostly live and has grown up in Japan.
And I'd much rather have a cute Ayu (which I can find incredibly adorable many times!), than the sexualized and superficial works of some artists. When Ayu does it, I feel it more from the heart, "cute Ayu" doesn't mean "annoying Ayu" in my opinion. It always feels heartfelt in everything Ayu does, whether it's cute or sexy.
And to my last point, YES, AYU IS A 30+ WOMAN! Does that mean that she can't do "cute"? Why would "cute" have a set age? Probably all of us hold some of our innocent, cute and childish parts close to us through our whole lives, why is it so wrong to show some of those parts sometimes? Well, if Ayu started to cry like a baby and asking for a bottle, and throwing a tantrum when no one gives it to her, it wouldn't be all that nice, in fact it would have been rude and childish in a bad way. But the childish Ayu we have, is nothing like that. So what's so wrong with that? Cute Ayu (in fair amounts) is wonderful IMO!! :D
If you started to listening to Ayu for a constantly sexy and serious artist, well, you probably should find another artist.
Hopefully no one's taking offence? I don't mean to criticize, I just wanted to bring up my opinions and some points. :innocent
WELL, back to topic, while I do feel that cover has a certain innocence and childishness to it, I don't find it "cute-sy". I find it sophisticated and soft :)

i kinda sort of like completely agree with this post

adantatu2 21st June 2010 11:47 PM

Her lips looks weird, mmmmm

ストロボ・EdGE 22nd June 2010 12:02 AM

Excited to see the other covers~~
I really like her hair like this, but I hope she'll switch it up for the rest of the singles' promotion.

Bigtop 22nd June 2010 12:09 AM

I want her in long, straight hair like in 2002, 2003, 2006 and 2007...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.