Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Artists & Bands (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [Utada Hikaru] ʕ•̫͡•ʔ Upcoming 2018 Album and Tour in the 57th thread ʕ•̫͡•ʔ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123938)

orbitalaspect 23rd June 2018 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaristos (Post 3275585)
That's quite a lot! I'm glad the single is selling so well, but it's Utada and it's good music so I'm not that surprised :laugh Thanks for the information!

The one thing I've never liked since the end of the UB era is how different the public may respond to one Utada single over the next. They're all decent sellers, but look at Forevermore vs. Anata. Anata turns around and sells 300k, Forevermore went what... gold? Hatsukoi then does gold? And they're really not all that different?

I wonder if it has to do with the tie-ins. I wish Utada would do a full physical single for Chikai though. Just something with a nice, Passion-style PV for the return of KH. It'll probably be the last major game release for KH until a solid remake gains interest in like ~10 years.

Sky High 23rd June 2018 07:55 AM

Waiting for new album, I hope it sell well.

bluegie 23rd June 2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbitalaspect (Post 3275597)
The one thing I've never liked since the end of the UB era is how different the public may respond to one Utada single over the next. They're all decent sellers, but look at Forevermore vs. Anata. Anata turns around and sells 300k, Forevermore went what... gold? Hatsukoi then does gold? And they're really not all that different?


Maybe the album is dropping soon, so people want to wait for the album instead? Generally speaking, Hatsukoi is holding on better on digital charts compared to Forevermore.

Akutenshi 24th June 2018 12:18 AM

I'm so excited for this album, and just at the fact that she's so musically active now after a long hiatus. This album came much quicker than I thought her next after Fantome would!

Maemi 24th June 2018 01:57 PM

Sooo she's released 5 songs from the upcoming album until now:
  • Play A Love Song
  • Anata (あなた; You)
  • Hatsukoi (初恋; First Love)
  • Forevermore
  • Oozora de Dakishimete (大空で抱きしめて; Embrace Me In the Sky)

The beginning of Hatsukoi is almost identical to Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro, at least to me. Play A Love Song also sounds similar to some older song of hers but I just can't put my finger on it.
Anyway I can enjoy all of them but Play A Love Song and Oozora de Dakishimete are the weakest, I don't care about them like at all. Forevermore is the best.

orange_witch 24th June 2018 03:22 PM

looking forward more on her concert instead of the album.

aliceshields 24th June 2018 04:47 PM

I love Play a Love Song, Anata and Hatsukoi but Anata just keep repeating in my mind, and I got the sad feeling when I listen to Hatsukoi. Oozora de Dakishimete sounds cute to me.

thinkingoutloud89 24th June 2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemi (Post 3275702)
Sooo she's released 5 songs from the upcoming album until now:
  • Play A Love Song
  • Anata (あなた; You)
  • Hatsukoi (初恋; First Love)
  • Forevermore
  • Oozora de Dakishimete (大空で抱きしめて; Embrace Me In the Sky)

The beginning of Hatsukoi is almost identical to Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro, at least to me. Play A Love Song also sounds similar to some older song of hers but I just can't put my finger on it.
Anyway I can enjoy all of them but Play A Love Song and Oozora de Dakishimete are the weakest, I don't care about them like at all. Forevermore is the best.

Those two are the most enjoyable to me lol

Mirrorcle Monster 25th June 2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 (Post 3275718)
Those two are the most enjoyable to me lol

same here

amorphose 25th June 2018 12:55 AM

I think Anata is the strongest single. I like Oozora and Play a Love Song too. Not as into Forevermore or Hatsukoi.

bluegie 25th June 2018 08:06 AM

I'm most into Hatsukoi, then Anata. Forevermore is a grower. Play A Love Song sounds sweet but it gets a bit boring after repeating 100 times :P.

ShiniTakashi 25th June 2018 08:12 AM

The only song that hasn’t grabbed me is “Hatsukoi”. No surprise then that the Japanese are eating it up. I always enjoy the opposite of what the Japanese do. Lol

terra 25th June 2018 11:26 AM

I always feel this nostalgia whenever I listen to Oozora de Dakishimete, and felt as if she wrote it for her departed mother; and I relate to it as I remember my grandmother. So I love the song.

I like Hatsukoi and Play a love song, also kinda like Forevermore
I don't really enjoy Anata, it's nice but that's it

Surreal17 25th June 2018 12:12 PM

I finally listened to all 5 singles.
Oozora de Dakishimete has nice verses and a nice beat at the beginning, I was really excited to hear the chorus but I was disappointed.
Forevermore is interesting, I appreciate the jazz feel
Anata sounds like it could have been on Fantome, not bad but feels too long. Memorable chorus though
Play a love song is one of my favourites but it is basically Michi part II
Hatsukoi also sounds like some of her old songs

Hoping for some interesting songs on the new album. All these songs sound like something I've already heard in her discography, maybe except the first two.
Probably the best thing about these songs is her voice which evolved a lot these past years.

HTMSD 25th June 2018 01:20 PM

free magazine "UtaMaga" and pamphlet from tsutaya


Shelf arrangement in tsutaya


Collaboration with Tower Records


Physical CD will be available tomorrow!


Apparently, some Japanese fans who preordered from amazon already had their order shipped today. So, we might get some rip very soon (hopefully).

voltron 25th June 2018 01:58 PM

^ "Kingdom Herats" - looks like they hired Ayu's proof-readers at the store lol

ahtka-chan 25th June 2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbitalaspect (Post 3275597)
The one thing I've never liked since the end of the UB era is how different the public may respond to one Utada single over the next. They're all decent sellers, but look at Forevermore vs. Anata. Anata turns around and sells 300k, Forevermore went what... gold? Hatsukoi then does gold? And they're really not all that different?

I wonder if it has to do with the tie-ins. I wish Utada would do a full physical single for Chikai though. Just something with a nice, Passion-style PV for the return of KH. It'll probably be the last major game release for KH until a solid remake gains interest in like ~10 years.

Passion has elements of KH in its PV, so it would be nice to have a MV of Chikai providing some insight of what the world of KH3 would look like. I don't see it happening, though.

I love all the singles (which a possible exception of Play A Love Song) and, for some reason, I miss some good RnB beats in Hatsukoi. I think it would miss nicely

ayumi_croatia 25th June 2018 07:15 PM

Play A Love Song is easily my favorite and my favorite song from her in years.

HTMSD 25th June 2018 08:54 PM

the actual cover looks nice physically (the background is blue and not pink?)

bluegie 25th June 2018 09:44 PM

Gosh I can't wait anymore. Hope the rip will release soon, cuz I'm not gonna wait for cdjapan to ship the album. (Not likely I will unseal the album anywayz, as I wanna preserve it lol).


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.