Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] ayumi hamasaki to cover Many Classic Moments For globe's 20th Anniversary Album (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122279)

YukiUsagi 5th December 2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyUmIXx (Post 3175493)
can i request mp3 version from the song? thanks in advance.

Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5b...ew?usp=sharing

Surreal17 5th December 2015 01:08 PM

thanks Yuki Usagi :)

Pieces_of_SEVEN 5th December 2015 01:42 PM

Damn, I might like this even more than I like MOWY! :D

Delicious n Bold 5th December 2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3175491)
It's actually one of the best imo :-)

It really is
Let me buy this cd just for former queen of Jpop hitomi

ayu-marco 5th December 2015 02:28 PM

Globe music especially the classic ones is very amazing!
hitomi cover is very great!

chocopockymaster 5th December 2015 02:32 PM

I am straight-up OBSESSED with this cover!!!! give it to me now :tired

AyUmIXx 5th December 2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukiUsagi (Post 3175496)

thanks a lot for sharing :love

Pieces_of_SEVEN 5th December 2015 02:45 PM

I hope the full track build up doesn't let me down! Seems like it's going somewhere awesome

DevilsClap 5th December 2015 03:57 PM

I have been listening to the preview constantly <3 I really can't wait for the full version.

Deep snow 5th December 2015 05:20 PM

This is great news, but I'm really bummed that she didn't do DEPARTURES. Come on. That song was almost made for ayu. When I first heard it, I could imagine ayu singing it; everything fits so perfectly with her music. She did an excellent performance on a-nation so I was really hoping that if a globe tribute were to happen, she would cover DEPARTURES. <end of rant>

Back to reality, her rendition of Many Classic Moments is great! This song also fits her so well. I'm also looking forward to hearing HYDE's version of DEPARTURES. Dude can hit his high notes so hard.

YukiUsagi 5th December 2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep snow (Post 3175552)
This is great news, but I'm really bummed that she didn't do DEPARTURES. Come on. That song was almost made for ayu. When I first heard it, I could imagine ayu singing it; everything fits so perfectly with her music. She did an excellent performance on a-nation so I was really hoping that if a globe tribute were to happen, she would cover DEPARTURES. <end of rant>

Back to reality, her rendition of Many Classic Moments is great! This song also fits her so well. I'm also looking forward to hearing HYDE's version of DEPARTURES. Dude can hit his high notes so hard.

But she couldn't hit the high notes :rolleyes
That wasn't a good performance :eviltongu

Deep snow 5th December 2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukiUsagi (Post 3175553)
But she couldn't hit the high notes :rolleyes
That wasn't a good performance :eviltongu

In ayu's standards, I think that was an agreeable performance. Definitely not pitch-perfect (she left that building a loooong time ago), but it wasn't all messed up (which I think makes for a good performance per her recent standards).

Now, having heard some of the previews: HYDE's was good, but trf's and hitomi's were AMAZING. They make the original song sound good -- my main problem with globe's songs is that so many could've sounded better but didn't, and this is especially the case with wanna Be A Dreammaker and Anytime smokin' cigarette. Excellent covers.

ExodusUK 5th December 2015 07:44 PM

I can't get over how perfect this song choice is for Ayu. I thought for sure they would mess it up. This would be the only suitable alternative.

Deep snow 5th December 2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 3175582)
I can't get over how perfect this song choice is for Ayu. I thought for sure they would mess it up. This would be the only suitable alternative.

I cannot express how much I love this song. Usually in a globe song there's always one or two things I would change, but not for seize the light. This song is perfection and a great fit for ayu.

YukiUsagi 6th December 2015 04:38 PM

Just made a loop video :cool


DonkeyKongRemix 6th December 2015 05:33 PM

I just can't get over how much I love her voice in this! I love her deeper notes mixed with her vibrato, it's so unique and cool.

Her voice really has transformed over the years! It seems like to me, she started off with a screechy, pitchy voice (that I still love) then went on to be more polished and and had a better technique, to being pitchy and screetchy again but in a whole new way. That doesn't necessarily sound like praise but...it is! XD

//ABEST 6th December 2015 05:44 PM

I'm addicted to this song already and it's not even released yet! So good ughh

mi|kshake 6th December 2015 08:45 PM

I look forward to hearing the full version. It sounds like it's just about to go OFF at the end of the preview.

andraia27 6th December 2015 09:43 PM

Wah, I love globe so this is such a nice surprise.

Although I love the cover, I think it sounds too similar to the original. Ayu sings in a very KEIKO way and the backing track is just slightly less trance-y and more EDM. But like someone said the ending of the clip sounds promising and a little bit more different...

love in music 6th December 2015 10:34 PM

Omg I used to be obsessed with this song and thought it would make an amazing ayu song. She sounds sooo good in this cover I love it :heart

js_surrealism 7th December 2015 07:05 AM

The fact that her covers in the past 2 years (this, and Movin on without you) have all been 10 times better than all her original material must surely be testament to:

a) how lazy she has been with her original music and
b) how incredibly strong the songwriting was 1998~2004

Deep snow 7th December 2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js_surrealism (Post 3175847)
The fact that her covers in the past 2 years (this, and Movin on without you) have all been 10 times better than all her original material must surely be testament to:

a) how lazy she has been with her original music and
b) how incredibly strong the songwriting was 1998~2004

Buuurn

lacus 7th December 2015 09:55 AM

Guess I'm one of the few who don't like this cover?
I adored MOWY, and previous covers ayu did but this...

Too cutesy sung, too much vibrato, too flat? I feel it lacks punch and the arrangement sounds cheap-ish. what are you doing TK?!

roanmy 7th December 2015 10:39 AM

I don't really care for this cover. It sounds like she's struggling and her voice sounds almost shrill, in addition to the song being rather bland on it's own. It's as though she recorded it right after finishing a concert when her voice was gone. Not very good, especially after the recent "Seasons" performance, where she proved she's still an able singer. Compared to the MOWY it's almost atrocious. =(

Here's hoping for winter diary! =D

freedreamer 7th December 2015 11:23 AM

I actually LOVE the original so much hearing it for the first time today?! omg..now im trying to get into the ayu version HAHA

Uknow! 7th December 2015 11:24 AM

Koda Kumi won this time for me.


NMB48

YukiUsagi 7th December 2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uknow! (Post 3175876)

NMB48


What's her name in romanji?

Uknow! 7th December 2015 11:37 AM

^ Ayaka Umeda. LOL I didn't see the kanji name and I thought all NMB48 sung it.

js_surrealism 7th December 2015 01:03 PM

I have to say both Hyde and hitomi's covers are also ON POINT! Might actually have to buy this. Lol.

//ABEST 7th December 2015 01:34 PM

can someone make translation for this song? i can't find one anywhere :no

Deep snow 7th December 2015 03:19 PM

I'm high-key loving the TRF version of wanna Be A Dreammaker now.

It's my first globe song and the TRF version perfected it (thanks, shit-ton of Autotune!).

Uknow! 8th December 2015 11:29 AM

超特急 (Bullet Train)

當山みれい (Touyama Mirei)

orbitalaspect 8th December 2015 11:05 PM

Seeing NMB48, my first thought was a bunch of girls shouting lyrics at microphones again. I don't know how anyone can hear THAT many girls clearly.

Uknow! 9th December 2015 02:05 PM

Da-iCE

坂本美雨 (Miu Sakamoto)

Montebello 9th December 2015 02:26 PM

I wish they had given a better song to Kumi. Didn't care much about this one from the preview.

orbitalaspect 9th December 2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js_surrealism (Post 3175847)
The fact that her covers in the past 2 years (this, and Movin on without you) have all been 10 times better than all her original material must surely be testament to:

a) how lazy she has been with her original music and
b) how incredibly strong the songwriting was 1998~2004

It's easier to take something original and make it better than it is to create something original. I think the problem with Ayu is that her music is too predictable, even when she crosses genres. And a lot of that has to do with her, and a lot has to do with her studio team.

It's also worth note that artists like Seiko, Dolly Parton, and others who never evolve sound just as boring. To be honest, I'm surprised Seiko even sells records considering a mashup of her entire career would sound like one song.

BlackSilence 9th December 2015 08:18 PM

i've listened to 20 seconds of that cover. I don't know GLOBE nore ever bothered to care to check, so i really couldn't care less about the release. NEXT!

relmy 9th December 2015 09:50 PM

I... don't know if I like it. I love the original, and this sounds too much like it I guess? But the original suits Ayu so well, so it makes sense she didn't change much. I think it all sounds too... clean? I think I'm a bit disappointed because MOWY was SO good, but I also don't care that much for the original in that case.

hitomi's cover though, oh my god. So good.

ava_dreams 10th December 2015 03:42 AM

sounds amazing

Bigtop 10th December 2015 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uknow! (Post 3175883)
^ Ayaka Umeda. LOL I didn't see the kanji name and I thought all NMB48 sung it.

Ayaka Umeda! I knew her back from AKB48 and DiVA before being transferred to Osaka's NMB48...

tenshi no hane 12th December 2015 01:48 PM

I don't know why but I suddenly like it :laugh I didn't care for it at first, but now I do.

The lyrics aren't Ayu, but anyone interested in a translation?

//ABEST 12th December 2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenshi no hane (Post 3176796)
I don't know why but I suddenly like it :laugh I didn't care for it at first, but now I do.

The lyrics aren't Ayu, but anyone interested in a translation?

YES!! :yes gimme gimme

tenshi no hane 12th December 2015 03:41 PM

^ Alrighty, I posted a translation.

mercenarynemesis 12th December 2015 08:05 PM

Does anyone know if Katsuyuki left the crew?

*eris* 12th December 2015 08:08 PM

I honestly can't wait for this album to come out. I'm loving all previews and especially Ayu's preview!

mercenarynemesis 12th December 2015 08:14 PM

Hey guys, I'm new here. Having lots of difficulties xD
I'm looking forward for what ayu is coming next :yes
by the way, does anyone know if the backup dancers are still the same or did anyone leave recently?

maxikot 12th December 2015 08:48 PM

For some reason i was convinced it's coming out tomorrow so was checking for possible rips but since there hasn't been anything i checked to be sure and release date is...16....;p life is brutal

Zeke. 12th December 2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenshi no hane (Post 3176815)
^ Alrighty, I posted a translation.

Thank you, I've been wanting a proper translation of this song for a very long time. I really appreciate it!

Pieces_of_SEVEN 14th December 2015 04:38 PM

Such a short time between annoucement/preview to the release. It should leak today or tomorrow. :D

Deep snow 15th December 2015 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 3177232)
Such a short time between annoucement/preview to the release. It should leak today or tomorrow. :D

I so hope you're right because I'm craving this album so bad.

Aderianu 15th December 2015 06:54 AM

album on sale
http://i.imgur.com/W5zfUEp.jpg

promo
http://i.imgur.com/MKRifOq.jpg

https://twitter.com/digiupstate0001/...43839780622337
https://twitter.com/matoi_japan/stat...34198082367490


Gustavopc 15th December 2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 3177232)
Such a short time between annoucement/preview to the release. It should leak today or tomorrow. :D

Can't wait for it to leak, gonna be the best Jpop album of 2015

TheRainbow 15th December 2015 01:55 PM

Can't wait to hear it! :D

krtman2002 15th December 2015 02:40 PM

So it should be out today! yeah!

freedreamer 15th December 2015 03:02 PM

cant wait for the album to drop here!

KarenPang 15th December 2015 03:04 PM

#globe20th -SPECIAL COVER BEST- is already uploaded on iTunes Japan

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/gl...t/id1064804194

I hope both discs will be uploaded soon :3

oaristos 15th December 2015 03:35 PM

I'm SO ready for this album.

ExodusUK 15th December 2015 03:43 PM

It's OUT.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWRvJxMVEAAWjnc.jpg:large

freedreamer 15th December 2015 05:19 PM

can someone upload the full album ><

KarenPang 15th December 2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 3177459)
can someone upload the full album ><

It's not uploaded yet

krtman2002 15th December 2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenPang (Post 3177461)
It's not uploaded yet

It should... I can't stand the hype! hahaha

primavera♥ 15th December 2015 06:55 PM

I'm so happy with this cover

Somehow it's nice to hear ayu's voice like this again. I'm not sure how to describe it. But I guess it's a certain energy that she sings with. It's partially why I like No Future so much. I was hoping that due to the nature of the song, that would come out again and it did.

DevilsClap 15th December 2015 07:12 PM

I really love the cover. The original is good too, but her version I prefer so much more.
What primavera mentioned with NO FUTURE is also interersting. Both songs kinda resemble eachother and I guess that might also be a reason I like the cover so much too :D

Aderianu 15th December 2015 07:38 PM

still no to that song. But I like last part

Surreal17 15th December 2015 07:50 PM

That middle EDM part is awesome. I still haven't listened to the original ver. because I wanted to keep this as an "ayu song" if you know what I mean.

Corvina 15th December 2015 08:08 PM

Don't know if I should be sad, that Ayu didn't include the rap part, or glad, that she didn't do it herself. xD
Still like Keiko's vocals in the original better (which is funny as I don't like her high pitched voice in most globe songs I know).
Overall a nice song to listen to.
Need the full album.

Zeke. 15th December 2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3177499)
Don't know if I should be sad, that Ayu didn't include the rap part, or glad, that she didn't do it herself. xD
Still like Keiko's vocals in the original better (which is funny as I don't like her high pitched voice in most globe songs I know).
Overall a nice song to listen to.
Need the full album.

Thank God. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I realized that when the full version was released and that "rap" portion came in, it could potentially kill all my excitement and ruin the entire piece for me.

*eris* 15th December 2015 08:39 PM

I love it so much!!!! It lifts my spirit!!! Can't wait to listen tot the full versions of the other songs!!

RealLight 15th December 2015 08:47 PM

I gotta say I like this very much, such a nice dance song.

I love the EDM bridge, imagine that live, omg. I'm glad she didn't leave the rap part, that would ruin the song. My only complaint is the melody in the upbeat part on the last chorus isn't the same as the first, not that I didn't like it I just wish they were the same. not Ayu's fault this time, hihi

labello 15th December 2015 08:47 PM

The preview really grew on me, especially since I really wasn't feeling the cover or the original after the first listen.
I'm glad Ayu didn't include the rap part, I really enjoy the break down after the first half. That EDM (?) part totally sounds like something you'd hear in a club. All in all, I'm pleasantly surprised that I enjoy the song as much as I do because this isn't really a genre that I like to listen to. I like the first half more than the second but the song itself is really good.

TheRainbow 15th December 2015 08:51 PM

It's so good, especially the last section. <3

stepYOU1234 15th December 2015 08:54 PM

Oh wow, I love this! I can't put my finger on it, but Ayu sounds kind of like her LOVEppears voice, full of emotion that just works with her imperfect voice which is how I felt about NO FUTURE too actually. More of this on the next album! And performance at CDL please :D Even better than MOWY.

ayumisrael 15th December 2015 08:59 PM

Oh my, that's sooo good! So up beat I like ayu's interpretation of the song. A great cover for a great song. That's how it should sound today.

maxikot 15th December 2015 10:09 PM

Great cover :] This is different than MOWY since i learned of the original song after knowing Ayu would cover it. I like it! It must be on coming countdown and i'm quite certain it will. Maybe Ayu will get some inspiration on her music after covering Many Classic Moments.

xLuna&1LOVE 15th December 2015 11:52 PM

Ugh, I am sorry guys, but I really really don't understand why this cover gets all this praising. The only time her vocals were acceptable was in the verse right before 'oh oh many classic moments.' It sounded like a demo version of Terminal and it was awful. It made my ears bleed. I rather stick with Globes version.

Zeke. 16th December 2015 01:27 AM

Just listened to the full version.

I'm happy they took the rap out no doubt, but that "EDM Bridge" is so fucking basic. I'm surprised people are citing that as a highlight. There's nothing to it! I hate that kind of monotonous "filler" beat that adds nothing to the song and is generally completely void of melody. I was hoping for something a bit more energetic and "show-stealing", like the bridge in Kumi's "Driving" - now THAT's a dance break worth worshipping!

maxikot 16th December 2015 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3177534)
but that "EDM Bridge" is so fucking basic. I'm surprised people are citing that as a highlight. There's nothing to it!

Agree with that

Cahz- 16th December 2015 02:05 AM

WHAT KIND OF AWESOMENESS DID I JUST LISTEN TO?

http://media.giphy.com/media/aajkhbPenUxGw/giphy.gif

Coelacanth 16th December 2015 02:16 AM

The bridge at the end is really great. What's up with her vocals here tho? She's back to that shaky, nasally grandma voice she had on some of the Party Queen tracks. I noticed it a bit in Winter diary too. Yuck.

ExodusUK 16th December 2015 02:17 AM

*twerks to Wanna Be A Dreammaker*

js_surrealism 16th December 2015 02:41 AM

I think hitomi's track is the best on the album, but then it's also my favourite globe song so maybe I'm biased =p

Ayu's track is also great, and I think this really shows how wonderful she can sound IF SHE JUST RECORDED SONGS THAT ARE, Y'KNOW? ACTUALLY GOOD?!

freedreamer 16th December 2015 02:54 AM

the back part was really wonderful!!!! And she ended it so beautifully soft :D

YukiUsagi 16th December 2015 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3177544)
The bridge at the end is really great. What's up with her vocals here tho? She's back to that shaky, nasally grandma voice she had on some of the Party Queen tracks. I noticed it a bit in Winter diary too. Yuck.

Grandma Ayu :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

kotora 16th December 2015 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukiUsagi (Post 3177559)
Grandma Ayu :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

This cover sounds like the voice of baby ayu to grandma ayu.

A life story in one song. How promoting

ayuinh.k? 16th December 2015 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js_surrealism (Post 3177549)
I think hitomi's track is the best on the album, but then it's also my favourite globe song so maybe I'm biased =p

Ayu's track is also great, and I think this really shows how wonderful she can sound IF SHE JUST RECORDED SONGS THAT ARE, Y'KNOW? ACTUALLY GOOD?!

She needs to stay far away from Tetsuya Komuro and Yuta Nakano for any future tracks.

AyuWorld 16th December 2015 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3177544)
The bridge at the end is really great. What's up with her vocals here tho? She's back to that shaky, nasally grandma voice she had on some of the Party Queen tracks. I noticed it a bit in Winter diary too. Yuck.

hm I didnt notice it much and I can bare with it,it's not as annoying as Hello New me nasal squeaky voice here :D

so I like this cover,it's so pleasant and enjoyable to ear,the bass it's not too much and just nice, and it has this nostalgic feeling in the song. Good job Ayu.

*still didnt listen to the ori song and I dont know whos Globe lol*

Miduhyo 16th December 2015 07:48 AM

This entire album is gold. Ayu's cover isn't my favorite but it's really good. Anytime smokin' cigarette and FACES PLACES are tied first for me. God, I'm going to have this album playing over and over for a long time I can already tell. xD

Ayumi Romania 16th December 2015 08:08 AM

Ayu's cover is amazing, I looooooooove it! I really love this entire album

Deep snow 16th December 2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 3177545)
*twerks to Wanna Be A Dreammaker*

I said this but will say it again: I'm in love with trf's version of this song!!! This album contains sooo many good covers that ayu's just seem ordinary (although to be fair, ayu's cover is great).

Yoake 16th December 2015 09:37 AM

The song is just listenable to me. Neither bad nor good. Most of the time the arrangement is too heavy and draining the energy and the intensity of the melody. Especially after that intro that created a good atmosphere. As Zeke said it, the EDM bridge is boring and doesn't match with the song. My favourite part of the song is the end (around 5 min). Let's see if the song can grow on me.

Gustavopc 16th December 2015 09:43 AM

Why did they mashed-up Work Bitch there after the first chorus? That killed the song to me :dead2 Her voice bothers me in the final chorus also, but still I can't say it's a cheap terrible song, it just wasn't my cup of tea

aliceshields 16th December 2015 10:18 AM

I guess MOWY will be replaced by Many Classic Moments in her upcoming CDL and tour.

Miduhyo 16th December 2015 10:27 AM

^ I wouldn't mind that. Not at all.

SayukiChoco 16th December 2015 10:53 AM

Can't say that I like this song that much. The EDM bridge is too much for me :no
But the ending sounds nice. Maybe I like it better when she performs it live.

Montebello 16th December 2015 01:59 PM

I love it!
Hope it inspires her to make some songs in the same style for her next album.

rainbow_smile 16th December 2015 03:04 PM

This grew on me. I like her voice for the most of the song, except for the "Oh oh many classic moments" part, but I really love her voice in the beckground as well as when she sings "Many classic moments" for the very last time.

However, I find the EDM bridge kinda empty.

Irish_Ayu_Fan 16th December 2015 04:17 PM

Other than Hyde's departures cover, she seems to be the only one from the album in the top 50 on iTunes japan so that's good I suppose :) I really felt that the little dance break didn't suit the rest of the song but it's tolerable, my favourite part is the very end, love how fast she's almost shouting, love how keiko does it too! Very pleased overall

Coelacanth 16th December 2015 05:36 PM

Already sick of the song after 10 listens. is this really considered a J-pop classic? The melody is unbearably monotonous.

TK's recent works (Love song, do it again, NO FUTURE, TSMGO) are so much stronger than this. Take off the rose-tinted glasses.

Andrenekoi 16th December 2015 05:58 PM

Found it to be really boring, but I also find the original one to be boring... Agreeing 100% with Coelacanth

axmish87 16th December 2015 06:20 PM

The song kinda drags itself and it's also boring


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.