Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How do you explain your love & appreciation for Ayu to others? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112124)

ayu_ready? 16th December 2011 09:59 PM

I say "because there's still no other person who can pull me out of **** in my life just with a single song"
as simple as that. :D

millie47 24th December 2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoetGirl (Post 2790636)
Honestly I get carried away,

I try not to bother people cause I always think they wouldnt even be interested, but when they ask me for example who's that on my wallpaper on my cellphone Im like 'a goddess, my queen, love of my life, my role model'. They are usually very interested why I love her so much and what does she do. lol.

So I get carried away with like monologue for at least an hour why she is so amazing and Im happy when people usually accept it and in the end they love it. Im really passionate about things I love, no wonder they like it in the end.

This :lech

I've actually influenced a handful of people because of my constant rumbling about her. :D

MeltingCORE 1st January 2012 05:00 PM

I'm still in high school and the kids around are the 'rapper' kids. They wouldn't understand. I usually just tell them she's my favorite singer and is well known in Japan. However, I did get one friend into her (and Koda Kumi/Ai Otsuka).

AyuHamasaki01 1st January 2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsixthirty (Post 2790537)
eh...i hate this because no one ever understands. everyone always thinks its weird, or that its somehow less worthy on a musical scale.

This. :yes

I always try to avoid the subject. It's not that I'm ashamed but nobody really understands and most people find it weird.

Yoake 1st January 2012 05:51 PM

With that thread I just realized that nobody asked me why I love Ayu.
I think it's because when I talked about her, my eyes are filled stars. When you see someone with such eyes no need to ask why you love someone or something. It's just because that makes you happy! It's enough!

toniayu 1st January 2012 07:17 PM

My mum hated ayu,she said: ayu is "brainwashing",looks like plastic,all her songs are the same,and so many other negative things.My dad don't like ayu neither.
It's really HORRIBLE sometimes,because i really love ayu and is really important...
I don't like to talk too much about her to my family.
I really want to be adult and do whatever i want >__________<
Anyway i'm satisfied that they let me buy everything(with moderation) i want from ayu (with my own money) that's enough for me

edit: my friends,only a few of them know that i like japanese music.Only my close friends,they understand even if it's different from the music style they listen to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pommy48 (Post 2790568)
I like not talking about Ayu with friends because it's just something personal for me <3

SAME!!! :yes

BlackSilence 1st January 2012 08:18 PM

hmmm... none ever really asked me, my parents don't care, people (friends?) I know in real life don't care either, so I never get asked questions like that. I never talk about what artists I love with any of the peaople around me, cuz there's simply no interest in that from anyone, they don't give a f...And honestly? I don't think I would be able to explain..plus they wouldn't nderstand either, cuz u can't understand something what other experiences if u are not THAT person. It's just one thing I could say that I feel closer to Ayu than I feel to my parents, it's just something very very special and personal for me.....That's how odd that is, they definitelly wouldn't understand that, and on the other hand? I don't think they need to.......so i don't even bother....

Mari-chan 1st January 2012 08:27 PM

How I explain? I say she makes greate Music! Because, it is the truth.
Most people know, I'm listening to J-Pop.. especialy Ayu. But, nobody really asked, why I like her.
And well... I made my cousin listen to her music to. (^_^)
Well.. my father told me he really dislike her music. But well... that's ok for me. Every person has his own taste!

toniayu 14th January 2012 08:25 AM

yesterday i had problems again.I was watching A CLIP BOX and my mum was there,she began to said things,again:
-her voice is awful,she is a narcissistic because she always appear on the videos,she look like a doll,she has eagerness to prominence,her carer is a assembly,all the american singers are better,and so many other negative things...
I'm really thinking about not listen to ayu and japanese music anymore...

letter 14th January 2012 10:23 AM

^Because someone said so? Stand by your artists!

Midori-chan 14th January 2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letter (Post 2802436)
^Because someone said so? Stand by your artists!

+1000


I really don't understand why I should stop listening to Japanese and Korean music, only because some people say that it's not "real" music or because I don't understand what they sing about (which is not completely true, because I speak Japanese - not fluent or anything, but I understand what they say most of the time; and for the Korean lyrics I read translations!!).

A lot of people give me a hard time too, because I listen to Asian music and make stupid comments, but I just laugh them off. I see no reason to stop listening to music that I love! :shakehead

toniayu 14th January 2012 11:51 AM

^ isn't just someone,is my mum...But you're right,i'm not going to stop listen to my music :)

Midori-chan 14th January 2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toniayu (Post 2802461)
^ isn't just someone,is my mum...But you're right,i'm not going to stop listen to my music :)

Even if it's your mum! You're free to like what you like. I don't think that you have to justify your music taste!

Do you like the artists you listen to?
Does their music make you happy?
If yes, then don't let anybody take this away from you!!

toniayu 14th January 2012 01:09 PM

^Thank you,your words makes me feel so much better :) I love my parents but i'm waiting for that day when i can go away and make what i want to do and love what i want without any confusion!!

femtrooper 14th January 2012 06:55 PM

What I find annoying is that whenever people ask me about Ayu they have nooooooooooo idea who she is and thus put it down. It's like, "Oh, J-Pop is so lame..." I'll be honest, a lot of it is...I'm not into tons of J-Pop because a lot of it is sucky...but Ayumi Hamasaki is different. She's a brilliant artist, not just 50 girls dancing around together in a band which is what I think turns people off. People have a preconceived idea about Japanese music and they are sooooooooooo wrong. Personally, I love music from all over the world because if it feels good and sounds awesome, I could care less what language it's in. I just love world pop! There's something different about Ayumi Hamasaki though, she's a star, an artist, and a role model. She's not what people think. So when I tell people about her, people usually think, "Oh, some lame J-Pop thing..." ARGH! NO! I told people I went to CDL and they looked at me blankly, like, "Who's that?" It's kind of annoying how sheltered people are about music...like it has to be in English or it's weird. I hope that preconceived notion will one day change and that saying you love Japanese music, or whatever will be like, "Oh cool, who?"

Jason 15th January 2012 12:23 AM

Sometimes people see my Ayu tattoo on my wrist and ask what it is, I tell them it's a symbol of my favorite artist and they ask who it is and I say 'Ayumi Hamasaki' and I just get a blank stare because they have no idea who it is. :P

A good few of my friends have actually given her a chance and are casual fans of her now. The person I converted mostly is my girlfriend, though. But generally if it's people I don't know that well I don't bother explaining.

Generally, the people who are willing to give her a chance; I tell them her lyrics are amazing and easy to relate to and musically, she is one of the most diverse and creative artists you're ever likely to come across :)

toniayu 15th January 2012 09:21 AM

Some people in spain say: You don't understand what she say!! ,but they listen to english music and don't understand anything xD so,it's the same

HilaryDuffFanboy 15th January 2012 11:21 AM

It's hard to explain it to my friends who know I've flown to Japan three times to see Ayu, and we are studying together so they must think I'm crazy or my family is super rich but in reality I just save super duper hard and work a lot....

It's hard for anyone to understand unless they themselves stan for an artist.

jang-kun 15th January 2012 01:42 PM

LOL I can relate to so many of you

"Why her (Ayu) music, you ask? Her music is the full realization of my dreams. To put simply, without her and her music, I wouldn't be the person you know by now."

mecury2511 16th January 2012 03:22 PM

I dont know how to explain how I like ayu music, it's just "oh, I like it, every single song" :D and ayu is one of the main reasons make me decide to learn Japanese Studies in the University ^o^


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.