Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   'Pray' mixed by David Reitzas (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118953)

brener 26th November 2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3043589)
I would say most people shouldn't be all that excited because of him, considering we as mostly music fans without that much knowlegment on the technical aspects of music can't really notice the difference between a good mixed and a poorly mixed tracks xD

agreed..

truehappiness 26th November 2013 10:19 PM

I believe they tend to choose him for very specific projects. Most of the songs he works on are pretty epic imo.

dreamlover13 26th November 2013 10:23 PM

November and beloved sound the same and are interchangeable, so this explains a lot.

truehappiness 26th November 2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamlover13 (Post 3043661)
November and beloved sound the same and are interchangeable, so this explains a lot.

He put the song together, but the arrangements don't really have anything to do with him.

As mixer, he uses the pieces that the arranger makes along with the vocalist. How the song sounds when it comes to the music (not volume/balance/whatever) is something he doesn't really have control over.

Coelacanth 26th November 2013 10:39 PM

A lot of fans (including myself) believe the LOVE again album tracks were mixed poorly. SAKURA especially sounds tinny. I don't know what happened there...

channy 26th November 2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3043589)
I would say most people shouldn't be all that excited because of him, considering we as mostly music fans without that much knowlegment on the technical aspects of music can't really notice the difference between a good mixed and a poorly mixed tracks xD

Pardon? I beg to differ. Grab a decent pair of headphones and take your sweet time to listen to your music. You'll notice a difference.

I mainly notice bad mixing through distortions, for instance on "progress", "reminds me" and generally songs from Party Queen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3043675)
A lot of fans (including myself) believe the LOVE again album tracks were mixed poorly. SAKURA especially sounds tinny. I don't know what happened there...

The way I see it seems to be contrary to your point of view as I frankly consider "SAKURA" as the brightest, most colourful and rich sounding part of "LOVE again". I'd wish to have more songs of her future works sound like that...

marty 27th November 2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3043675)
A lot of fans (including myself) believe the LOVE again album tracks were mixed poorly. SAKURA especially sounds tinny. I don't know what happened there...

And Bye bye darling. And petal. Omg, especially petal, it could have been so much better if those guitars were more incisive! SAKURA is another issue for me, because I think those verses are so uninspired compared to the gorgeous chorus, and the result is much worse than it could have been if they didn't focus only on those choruses.
But, well, you know, that's just the opinion of a woman who didn't know what mixing is till like, two seconds ago, so...XD


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.