Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Artists & Bands (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [Utada Hikaru] ʕ•̫͡•ʔ Upcoming 2018 Album and Tour in the 57th thread ʕ•̫͡•ʔ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123938)

summerain 15th July 2018 06:46 AM

She sang "Hatsukoi" live again, this time at TBS's Ongaku no Hi.
https://vk.com/video284583983_456239207

The choruses sound a little bit strained but man, this song is really hard to sing! I think she improved her vocals for real this time.

bluegie 16th July 2018 11:40 AM

I think she sang better in NHK SONGS. She sounded a bit coarse during choruses in Ongaku no Hi. Anywayz, 3rd week 初恋 daily rankings @ oricon:

2018.07.09 - No. 1 - 4,257 copies
2018.07.10 - No. 6 - ?? copies
2018.07.11 - No. 1 - 7,490 copies
2018.07.12 - No. 2 - 2,215 copies
2018.07.13 - No. 2 - 2,211 copies
2018.07.14 - No. 1 - 2,708 copies
2018.07.15 - No. 1 - 4,962 copies

Est. total: ~23.8K (without July 10). So probably around 26 - 28K in the end. This would bring the total sales over 280K for three weeks.

RealLight 17th July 2018 12:18 AM

At this point, I think 500k is out of reach, sadly

summerain 17th July 2018 04:03 PM

NHK's "Professional Shigoto no Ryūgi":
https://t.co/5LSxv9Cc4i

sora-kara 19th July 2018 05:53 PM

my copy arrived yesterday, and I've spun it a few times.
It's a really good album. Subtle, beautiful and creative. The combo of Oozora de Dakishimete - Yuunagi - Shittosarerubeki Jinsei is just stunning, engrossing, hypnotic.

I'm not ready to read all the lyric translations yet. I just started going back and listening/reading along translations for Fantome. Michi just ruined my heart. -_-

Baco__ 20th July 2018 04:07 AM

I didn't get the tickets for the tour with my code T.T I'm sad. I guess from now on it's more than impossible? Hahaha

omably 20th July 2018 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baco__ (Post 3278330)
I didn't get the tickets for the tour with my code T.T I'm sad. I guess from now on it's more than impossible? Hahaha

Aw no, that sucks :( I hope you can find a ticket some how!

I managed to get 2 tickets to the December 9th show, how did everyone else go?

Baco__ 20th July 2018 06:37 AM

I gave a friend the other code cause I bought two albums. My friend got his ticket hahaha damn T.T

Do we know when is the general lottery?

sora-kara 20th July 2018 06:55 PM

Does anyone want my ticket code?

Baco__ 20th July 2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sora-kara (Post 3278399)
Does anyone want my ticket code?

Haha won't work anymore =(

freedreamer 21st July 2018 07:44 AM

Won 2 tickets for the 4th Dec show :D

Xianghua 21st July 2018 08:51 PM

General lottery will start September 14th
https://ticket-hikaruutada20th.com/

mi|kshake 22nd July 2018 09:16 PM

Finally got my copy of the album on Tuesday and have been listening to it pretty much every day since then. So, thoughts:

Play A Love Song - Cute, catchy, nice little Hikki song with her R&B style. Not sure if the choir were necessary but I like the... (not sure what to call them) "sparkly/electronic" bits to the song.

Anata - Like this one too, the chorus gets stuck in my head.

Hatsukoi - Finally a song called First Love I can get behind! Great ballad and nice strings.

Forever More - Loving the chorus! One of my favourites from the album along with Chikai and Too Proud.

Chikai - I'm liking this more and more. Got to admit I was expecting a bit more of the ending of the song but I'm used to it now and I like the subtle change. Love the melody. Looking forward to the English version. It sounds very Kingdom Hearts-y.

Too Proud - This was another song at first where I was expecting a bit more after hearing about the beat but now I'm loving it! I'm always turning this one up load to hear all the different elements - the beat, spoken word bits etc.

Good Night - I thought this was a bit repetitive at first but am enjoying it now. I love the electric guitar.

Pakuchii no Uta - Not sure what to say about this song other than it brings a smile to my face.

Nokoriga - My least favourite song from the album. Nothing wrong with it but I don't find it very memorable. Think it needs some more listens.

Ozora de Dakishimete - The strings at the end are great!

Yunagi - Another one of my favourites from this album along with...

Shittosarerubeki Jinsei - It may just be my favourite from the album but hard to tell yet. I love these sort of ethereal songs from Hikaru (Sakura Drops and Passion are some of my favourite songs from her) I love the placement of this with Yunagi on the album as well.

This is a great album although not sure where I will rank it in my Top Hikaru albums yet but it could be pretty high. Sounds very Fantome which is a good thing but I need to give it a few more spins. She is also sounding great this album!!

I also got the Wild Life Blu-ray which I look forward to watching.

bluegie 25th July 2018 01:33 PM

2018.07.16 - No. 2 - 2,938 copies
2018.07.17 - No. 11
2018.07.18 - No. 5
2018.07.19 - No. 5
2018.07.20 - No. 4
2018.07.21 - No. 4
2018.07.22 - No. 2 - 3,979 copies

weekly no. 6: 20,223 copies
total: 305,127 copies

I think it can break 350K at this point, may need some push for 400K :).

sora-kara 25th July 2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baco__ (Post 3278424)
Haha won't work anymore =(

damn...my copy arrived to late to be useful! XD

summerain 25th July 2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerain (Post 3278077)
NHK's "Professional Shigoto no Ryūgi":
https://t.co/5LSxv9Cc4i

Someone subbed this NHK Special!
Professional Shigoto no Ryūgi (english subtitles)

YUKARI 3rd August 2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegie (Post 3279732)
2018.07.16 - No. 2 - 2,938 copies
2018.07.17 - No. 11
2018.07.18 - No. 5
2018.07.19 - No. 5
2018.07.20 - No. 4
2018.07.21 - No. 4
2018.07.22 - No. 2 - 3,979 copies

weekly no. 6: 20,223 copies
total: 305,127 copies

I think it can break 350K at this point, may need some push for 400K :).

wow 305k! I heard she sold like 200k so I'm surprised to see 305k

I think she'll reach 350K and more when she starts touring

Katsuyuki012 4th August 2018 02:53 AM

The documentary was really interesting... Loved seeing the process and how she struggled and in the end they still found a way... I could use so many words to describe it but I will keep it short. :heart It really shows again how much of an artist she is! It was also nice to hear her talking in English :3

thinkingoutloud89 4th August 2018 09:18 AM

^found it nice too but she is such a weird person.... I find her neither charming nor nice. She is rather offputting in a way.

bluegie 4th August 2018 10:15 AM

She's always a weirdo in some way (her instagram proves how weird she is :P), that's why people love her :D. Anywayz,

2018.07.23 - No. 3 - 1,605 copies
2018.07.24 - No. 20 - ??
2018.07.25 - No. 5 - ??
2018.07.26 - No. 7 - ??
2018.07.27 - No. 5 - ??
2018.07.28 - No. 2 - ?? (forgot to write down the numbers)
2018.07.29 - No. 2 - 2166 copies
(weekly no. 8: 10,856 copies, total 315,983 copies)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.