Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MOON / blossom covers (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101935)

sugarbasil 23rd June 2010 10:15 PM

Are people comparing the cover to other artists' covers because they think she's being unoriginal or that she "stole" it from them or...? I'm just wondering, because I don't particularly think comparing this specific cover to that of others has a point. There's nothing really unique about this cover that makes it original, so I don't think there's a point to compare. :shrug If people are just saying, "her hair looks like this person's" then I'm cool with that. :) But otherwise I just don't get it.


About the cover itself, I like it. It's warm and inviting. It's not breathtaking or the new sliced bread. But it has a fuzzy feeling. I'm cool with that. :) Her hair is pretty, and I think there's something up with her eyes (wth). Though I'm really not seeing this photoshopping everyone's talking about...

Queen Bee 23rd June 2010 10:17 PM

^I think people are comparing her appearance on the cover not the covers themselves what what I can tell. Did that make sense? As for her eyes, I think they've always been like that. I first noticed it on the cover of A BEST.

truehappiness 23rd June 2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Though I'm really not seeing this photoshopping everyone's talking about...
I think it's the sort of soft focus-y effect that gives her skin a bit of a blurred appearance that people are calling "overphotoshopped"... aie.

Queen Bee 23rd June 2010 10:21 PM

^I think what they used was a very light layer of gaussian blur for a style caused the Orton effect. I personally like it on the image.

Edit: Also very bright lights can cause the same effect. Which I think may be the case since part of her shoulder and hair are blown out.

ストロボ・EdGE 24th June 2010 12:45 AM

I can't believe we're all talking about MOON / blossom on MOON / blossom's thread!
This is ridiculous. :no

:P

Ranma Matsuri 24th June 2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE (Post 2400356)
I can't believe we're all talking about MOON / blossom on MOON / blossom's thread!
This is ridiculous. :no

:P

LOL

@KanZaki88: Well, some people just don't like simple or neutral. I agree it's not worth going "omg she looks retarded!" or "I'm cancelling my order!!11!" over but it's understandable why some people wouldn't be impressed by it.

And personally, I don't think the font is "neutral". Neutral to me means something very middle of the road that doesn't really stand out but the effects used on this were very bright and the gradients are a bit overpowering. I rather have had something more "neutral" for the font. :innocent

@sugarbasil: I don't think anybody's trying to imply that she's "ripping off anybody" they're just saying what her look reminds them of. Not that I agree with some of the comparisons. ;)

LacusClyne 24th June 2010 02:20 AM

I se that we are getting to 500 posts without the other 2 cd only covers!
When are they going to be out ???

SpiceSquad! 24th June 2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 2400297)
I think it's the sort of soft focus-y effect that gives her skin a bit of a blurred appearance that people are calling "overphotoshopped"... aie.

:yes

in photography we do have special lenses that give this kind of special effect, soft and blury.

so GUYS, please don't always easily say its over-photoshoped

agashi 24th June 2010 02:47 AM

agreed!:D
a little bit blurred and soft in photography called... "Bokeh" its not over photoshopped...since photoshop can't make effect like that... :)

Queen Bee 24th June 2010 02:58 AM

^Well if I'm not mistaken bokeh is where the foreground of the image is soft but the main story/subject is blurred out in the background so I don't think the cover qualifies as bokeh since the whole image is slightly soft.

agashi 24th June 2010 03:04 AM

ah isee i see, you right~ :D...maybe we can see wehre the blurred part in this cover if we have bigger n HQ cover^^
and i think arond her hair little bit blurred...

majrakun 24th June 2010 03:13 AM

weren't the original photos she uploaded in TAdiary quite soft and blurry too? Unless she tampered with them too, I think it's a lens effect rather than a photoshop one.

Queen Bee 24th June 2010 03:21 AM

^They were a little soft and I agree I don't think it was photoshop but I'm not sure if it was a lens either. I think the soft look may be due to the intense lighting that was going on behind her. I think it might actually be a result of lens flare.

tokyoxjapanxfan 24th June 2010 03:50 AM

@majrakun, I love your signature :O
I like how you made her eyes blue *_*
and how ayu stands out more and isn't so...light haha

Spoiler:
at first I thought you gave her a beauty mark, but it was something on my screen xD

Ranma Matsuri 24th June 2010 04:45 AM

All this photography talk is making my head spin. XP lol

AyuWorld 24th June 2010 05:56 AM

OMG its almost reach to the 500 post but we keep talking about the lighting,the colors,angle etc XDD

n wth the other 2 covers? =.=

love in music 24th June 2010 05:57 AM

Maybe they're still shooting the other covers since they're supposed to be different with flowers and stuff.. idk.

ExodusUK 24th June 2010 05:58 AM

I like the cover..

truehappiness 24th June 2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 2400592)
Maybe they're still shooting the other covers since they're supposed to be different with flowers and stuff.. idk.

Nah, they were all done at the same time. They might just be waiting to release them all at once on the official site and TA or something.

The CD+DVD cover we have isn't even on the official site yet, huh?

Kingdom 24th June 2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemi (Post 2400075)

Oh, I would have love for something like these to be the M / b covers! That girl is ridiculously cute.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.