Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] ayumi hamasaki to cover Many Classic Moments For globe's 20th Anniversary Album (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122279)

Coelacanth 16th December 2015 06:35 PM

Also would've preferred Ayu to record "Anytime smokin' cigarette," now THAT's a fantastic example of TK's genius. Too bad there'd probably be a fan meltdown over Ayu singing about cigarette smoking.

I suppose the lyrics of this song are better suited for Ayu, tho.

cosmicfirefly 16th December 2015 09:03 PM

I like the full cover and I think her voice sounds great, but I wish she had included the rap somehow, that part of the song feels kind of empty without it.

the angel song 16th December 2015 11:36 PM

Just ayu performing my fave classic jpop song is enough, honestly <3 <3, but now I'm yearning for the piano outro version of it with her vocals.

//ABEST 17th December 2015 05:33 AM

why ya'll so negative here? i think this is her best since Terminal :luv2

Aderianu 17th December 2015 07:49 AM

album on #4 at oricon, so seems it sold less than 10000 at the first day
right?

AyumiAi 17th December 2015 09:42 AM

^maybe they're under stocked because I went to the Tsutaya at Shibuya and passed by and the album was sold out, I even asked staff if they had and they said no :/ so it's weird

Coelacanth 17th December 2015 02:54 PM

omg you can actually hear the autotune on her voice around 4:59... sloppy.

Ryusei 17th December 2015 03:24 PM

Hmm I really like it, it's definitely a jam

oaristos 17th December 2015 04:07 PM

I actually like the break after the first chorus quite a lot. The song would be very, very repetitive without it, imo.

Corvina 17th December 2015 04:22 PM

I actually think it's quite repetetive even with the EDM break.
The best part is still the end.
Speaking of the end - Ayu isn't singing the s of the last "many classic moments". It's bothering me.

Gustavopc 17th December 2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3177792)
I actually think it's quite repetetive even with the EDM break.
The best part is still the end.
Speaking of the end - Ayu isn't singing the s of the last "many classic moments". It's bothering me.

mte :dead2

I wish there was a remix for this song, I see potential but it didn't surface as I expected it to :(

oaristos 17th December 2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3177792)
I actually think it's quite repetetive even with the EDM break..

Oh, for sure! I agree with you, the song is repetitive, I just think it would be almost unbearable for me without a break in the middle. It's a great song but definitely not the best one in the album. I find myself listening to Anytime smokin' cigarette and Wanna be a Dreammaker all the time, they're pure gold.

mercenarynemesis 18th December 2015 12:42 PM

I don't know about you, but I'd like to see a live or some worked performance of Sayonara and The Gift. I hope she works on it soon.

TheRainbow 19th December 2015 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3177792)
Speaking of the end - Ayu isn't singing the s of the last "many classic moments". It's bothering me.

They're subtle, but I hear it in all of them.

Irish_Ayu_Fan 19th December 2015 01:45 AM

I feel like all I do is compliment how great her english has become, but I'm really proud of how she pronounced "classic" so well :D

AyuWorld 19th December 2015 02:33 AM

^
instead of "cRassic" ? :D

Irish_Ayu_Fan 19th December 2015 11:18 AM

^Yeah I was expecting it to be really japanese like "kurashikku" but she proved me wrong!

chocopockymaster 19th December 2015 05:13 PM

I'm really happy with the cover and I've got it on heavy rotation right now. My only complaint is that she does the most obnoxious thing in the choruses where it sounds like she has the freaking hiccups and she almost...squeaks? at the end of each word that she sings. It's much more pronounced in the first chorus and I've heard her do it in other songs but it seems like it's on another level here and I can't unhear it no matter what I do.

hidekirby 19th December 2015 05:37 PM

I really like this cover!

Her "Party Queen" horrendous duck voice during the verses is hopefully switching for a really clear and pleasant voice during the choruses. Reminds me of NO FUTURE's vocals.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 20th December 2015 01:58 AM

This is really a "new" ayu song for me also, since I've never heard the original (until this week...and I prefer ayu's cover lol). I think it's a great EDM track. I also wonder if it was done by RedOne, and that this is the song they were referring to when first promoting sixxxxxx...

rikku1994 20th December 2015 05:25 AM

The last few parts of the album really reminds me how she sounded during her earlier days, reminds me a lot of AUDIENCE.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 20th December 2015 06:04 AM

^You mean the last few tracks on globe's tribute album remind you of old school ayu? Maybe I'll give them another shot.

Honey_Jae 20th December 2015 11:34 AM

I really love this song the most from Globe and I'm so happy that Ayu get this song <3

tbarnes10 20th December 2015 06:53 PM

So when I first read this title, and until the actual song came out I thought this meant that she was going to cover the "many classic moments of globe". As in she was going to cover several classic globe songs, it wasn't until the actual song was released that I realized it was a specific song. Oops

I just listened to it for the first time and I really like it!

colorsofromance 20th December 2015 08:24 PM

I really wanted to like the cover! But Ayu's voice in the cover.... :/ I just feel like her singing style lately actually holds her BACK from expressing a full range of emotion. There's a certain quality of her voice of late that is very....strained and aged sounding?I'm not much of a Keiko/Globe fan (though I love the Many Classic Moments song!) but I have to say Keiko lets out wayyyy more emotion in the original track especially toward the end of the song. There's such intensity and desperation in her voice throughout the song that even though I'm not much a fan of her other stuff this song amazes me. I didn't feel ANY of that from Ayu's cover as much as I wanted to. And the autotuning was done in a manner that's just so harsh on the ears.....I'm usually not a downer, I swear! I guess I just had high hopes (I didn't listen to the preview before listening to the whole track) and now they're dashed lol. And I agree that NOT having the rap part was probably a good idea, but the bridge they replaced it with wasn't very creative.

Matt_rq 22nd December 2015 04:49 AM

This is my jam, but definitely her voice is so pitchy that I dislike some parts in her singing, I feel comfortable with it when I put down the tone... Its very chipmunk sometimes

melissalove 22nd December 2015 04:30 PM

I don't like ayu's cover at all. I'm team kumi on this one.

truehappiness 17th March 2016 01:07 AM

I love this so so so so much.

Chibi-Chan 17th March 2016 01:45 AM

Her cover of Many Classic Moments is just amazing! ♡ Best thing she released last year. And even though I prefer the original, which will forever be one of my favourite songs of all time, Ayu's cover is pretty damn great!

truehappiness 17th March 2016 08:53 AM

Knowing that RedOne did the arrangement, I wonder if that track that was supposed to be a lead on sixxxxxx is still going to be made.

oaristos 17th March 2016 01:29 PM

I still listen to Ayu's cover of Many Classic Moments on a regular basis. It's SO good!

DevilsClap 17th March 2016 02:18 PM

I love it too! It's such a great song

orbitalaspect 21st March 2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissalove (Post 3178682)
I don't like ayu's cover at all. I'm team kumi on this one.

I'm team TRF / hitomi / and Sakamoto Miu. TRF hit the fucking ball out of the park with their cover of wanna Be A Dreammaker. And hitomi... someone I've never enjoyed... she honestly breathed new life into Anytime smokin' cigarette.

I love Sakamoto Miu so, so much. So, I was thrilled to hear her in her element with Precious Memories. She took something globe and made it brand Miu.

Sadly, most other covers were not as thrilling. I did like Ayu's cover, but I think TRF and hitomi did the upbeat covers far, far better.

I really, really appreciate that TRF put so much power into wanna Be, and I love that hitomi captured the disenfranchisement in the lyrics while still doing a dance version of Anytime.

Koda did a decent job, but Wanderin' Destiny just wasn't as memorable as other covers.

And, just for the sake of globe being a female-fronted band, I wish they would have brought in more female singers for this compilation. Like actual singers. I would have loved to hear covers from Ai Otsuka, YUI, YUMI, ayaka, and others. It would have better represented globe.

Next_Level29 21st March 2016 12:26 PM

even if ayu isnt a rapper, i love the rap part in it!

Warren 28th May 2016 08:31 AM

This is starting to freak me out because I just started getting into Utada then Ayumi covered her. And I just discovered globe and a week later this comes out. O_o I feel like every Japanese artist I get into Ayu knows and she's going to cover them lmao.

marekcarey 28th May 2016 07:00 PM

What? :D You can't possibly say that.

ayu-michan 30th May 2016 07:39 AM

^ Really love your signature, it's beautiful ❤

While we're at this thread again, I just wanna say that while I really love this cover, did anyone else see her performance of it at MADE IN TOKYO? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdR86FJBIRk

I didn't really focus on her news around CDL, but dang what even happened to her voice? Kind of a shame because TK was there too, and the visuals everything seemed great, except for her voice.

Yoake 30th May 2016 02:04 PM

^She was sick obviously. It's possible that she didn't recover from her pneumonia properly as she started again the TA tour quickly after the announcement of her disease, did the rehearsal and CDL concerts without rest. All the fatigue impacted her voice.

//ABEST 30th May 2016 05:37 PM

i think TK makes it way more awkward to watch than ayu in MIT

js_surrealism 2nd June 2016 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu-michan (Post 3201524)
I didn't really focus on her news around CDL, but dang what even happened to her voice? Kind of a shame because TK was there too, and the visuals everything seemed great, except for her voice.

She's been sounding like this for a long time now......

truehappiness 2nd June 2016 05:30 AM

She was sick around the time of the concert.

She sounded fine in stuff before the CDL. Also there were some really horrid audio issues at the time like during CDL09-10.

luna7996 2nd June 2016 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu-michan (Post 3201524)
^ Really love your signature, it's beautiful ❤

While we're at this thread again, I just wanna say that while I really love this cover, did anyone else see her performance of it at MADE IN TOKYO? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdR86FJBIRk

I didn't really focus on her news around CDL, but dang what even happened to her voice? Kind of a shame because TK was there too, and the visuals everything seemed great, except for her voice.

I had not seen this before because I am waiting for the blu ray, which they are taking forever to release by the way. She sounds so hoarse. Especially towards the end. Even when she talks at the end she sounds hoarse. Poor Ayu.

Visually speaking a great performance but other than the voice I found TK real distracting as well. The piano sounded so much louder than everything else plus the piano + the instrumental of the song playing in the background did not work! They could and should have done a piano only ver. or a ayu's ver and be done with it, in my opinion.

truehappiness 2nd June 2016 05:41 AM

Oh, this performance was also axed from the M-ON rebroadcast.

The audio for this concert's initial broadcast was horrid.

js_surrealism 2nd June 2016 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3201764)
She was sick around the time of the concert.

Seems like she's been sick for a few years now then... Hope she gets better soon.

truehappiness 2nd June 2016 05:53 AM

Unfortunately, she was perfect at Cirque, so there's no real validity to shadiness IMO.

js_surrealism 2nd June 2016 08:00 AM

^You mean the concert where she butchered Duty and immature? Umm, okay.

luna7996 2nd June 2016 09:32 AM

^everyone is entitled to their opinions but I think those performances were flawless!!! So I don't know what your talking about.

njanjayrp 2nd June 2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js_surrealism (Post 3201777)
^You mean the concert where she butchered Duty and immature? Umm, okay.


You mean the best Duty performance ever?


Both dates I've been to, Duty literally sent [positive] chills down my spine. Everything about that performance was TOO PERFECT.

immature, while I didn't like the new arrangement as much as Duty's was still exceptionally good!

attractive nausea 2nd June 2016 11:41 AM

I think we might just ignore everything js_surrealism posts from now on, all he's been doing for a while is saying how her newer songs are shit and how she sounds bad even tho i'm sure he hasn't been attending her concerts. It's not worth responding to him trying to convince him otherwise.

rainbow_smile 2nd June 2016 11:45 AM

You could argue if the AT15 performances were good or not, but they were definitely not the same as the CDL 15-16. Her voice was certainly not hoarse to the point that she couldn't even talk.

But I don't think she ever mentiones being sick on that exact day? I know she had pneumonia, but it was way back during the TA tour. Perhaps she didn't recover properly, perhaps she was tired after 2 tours. Or maybe the combination of both had this effect.

TK was certaily embarrassing though. His piano was way out of place.

Deep snow 2nd June 2016 01:11 PM

Wow it's interesting that this thread has resurfaced :laugh

Ugh TK's performance was so awful in that clip. I hope they eliminated the piano sounds altogether and let it be plus-one on the Blu-ray.

js_surrealism 3rd June 2016 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by attractive nausea (Post 3201787)
I think we might just ignore everything js_surrealism posts from now on, all he's been doing for a while is saying how her newer songs are shit and how she sounds bad even tho i'm sure he hasn't been attending her concerts. It's not worth responding to him trying to convince him otherwise.

Yea you're right about that. Nothing's going to change my mind about the fact that CDM turned Duty and Immature into overdramatic cheese fests and ripped every shred of subtlety that was in the originals out of them altogether. If people are judging based on videos, then I'm sure it's valid for me to do that based on a DVD rendition which has surely been cleaned up 999 times, sound and vocal quality wise.

MADE IN JAPAN (the album) is pretty good though.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.