Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   why no B&D and Pride.... (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54641)

bluegie 28th January 2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasjasss (Post 1005442)
DUDE ! UR WRONG !
all of us surely know that, just like B&D / PRIDE, that

STEP you / is this LOVE, fairyland and HEAVEN will be in the album also
then they still sell well. The point is .. we all know whatever single she releases will be re-release in an album.

Eg, Ayaka's Mikazuki sell very well considering her album will be release soon after the single release

Hmmn, i'm tryin' to be more objective before continue writing so I won't sound like fighting hehe :P. Of coruse Mikazuki is a good song so I can see why the single is selling well. But Ayaka's case is a bit different as well. She never released any album before hand so considering the freshness of the artist, people tends to give the song a try. People gotta buy the single to make a judgement whether this new artist is good enough before buying the album.

In ayu's case, the songs were experimental, and at the same point she's not new anymore so most japanese expect what they would get from ayumi hamasaki. Whether they like or hate them, most of them knew that the album would be released 20 days later [(m)u actually started selling on the 27th of dec]. Hardcore fans would buy the single, while other not-too-hardcore fans would just go ahead for the album. Also, there're some non-fans only love one or two songs from particular artists, so they tend to buy the single instead of album. As you say B&D/Pride is pretty experimental. Even some fans didn't really like it, so I assume not many non-fans would consider them as good songs.


STEP you, fairyland, and HEAVEN are far from the album release date. By the time people bought those singles they didn't know when the album would release. If they wanna listen the songs, they either buy it online (mp3), or grab the CD. I can't say those three songs are better than B&D/Pride since different people have different tastes.

So yeah... there're several factors contribute to the low sales of B&D/Pride. I do agree with ruixiong89's comment tho... If they're meant to be experimental and not accept by the general public, they are not part of the BEST then.. (sigh... I love Pride... I like B&D... I do hope Pride will be on the BEST).

Sometimes I think... if Pride were not tied together with B&D, would people think it's really experimental? It sounds like a normal ayu song to me somehow..

JaysenRyan 28th January 2007 09:27 PM

I love B&D and Pride very much, two of my fav ayu songs. Maybe it's cause i'm American, who knows. But then again I don't think those songs really are all that American sounding seeing as how they would probably flop in the US unless Beyonce somehow managed to make them (lol).

*Petit* 28th January 2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegie (Post 1005636)
Sometimes I think... if Pride were not tied together with B&D, would people think it's really experimental? It sounds like a normal ayu song to me somehow..


THere's just something gospely about Pride. Something about the chorus. The composition is not what I'd expect from ayumi hamasaki either (which means it's not a composition it'd expect her to choose).

moombasista 28th January 2007 11:02 PM

because Japanese people think gospel is wack yo

bluegie 29th January 2007 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Petit* (Post 1005692)
THere's just something gospely about Pride. Something about the chorus. The composition is not what I'd expect from ayumi hamasaki either (which means it's not a composition it'd expect her to choose).

Then I guess the gospel is the main factor making Pride something different compared to normal ayu songs... When the official site revealed the preview of Pride I did think it's a weirdo. Yet the full version just sounds like other ayu songs - except the gospel part. I really love this song but then probly Japanese people hate it then.. :P

perfectodub 29th January 2007 05:04 AM

well...
if just the singles' sales are the answer of the question...
what is doing HUMMING 7/4 there?
all this is so subjetive :)

jasjasss 29th January 2007 07:20 AM

hmm
i like debating =)
so dont take it wrong =)
hehehe

bluegie 29th January 2007 12:09 PM

the heat about Humming 7/4... I think it's because people wants Daybreak back to the list. If Humming was originally on the mumo tracklist, people wouldn't be annoyed too much. Daybreak was on the mumo, most people expected it would be official. All of the sudden Daybreak's gone and Humming's there.. Ahh I hope they make 16 tracks each..

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasjasss (Post 1006028)
hmm
i like debating =)
so dont take it wrong =)
hehehe

yeah yeah :D

AyuGAME 29th January 2007 03:39 PM

i used to love B&D but i never get into pride until i see she sings it live...that songs looks so much better...maybe there is no many fans that love it and the sales of that singles is low, forgiveness not made it into compilation too right? although i love that song

elepop 29th January 2007 03:54 PM

Because it sucked. :P

bluegie 30th January 2007 01:11 AM

speaking about forgiveness.. hmmn there is lots of background vocals in this song as well... maybe japanese people hate songs with lots of background vocals... LOL


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.