Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ayu featured in Singapore's 'The New Paper' on 23/1/09 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85416)

AyuGAME 24th January 2009 01:00 AM

bravo for ayu...thanks for the article

pommy48 24th January 2009 01:11 AM

hmm interesting...
haha thanks

ihulk2 24th January 2009 01:12 AM

Ayu
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimex289 (Post 1795320)
Whoever wrote this column is a ****ing idiot for bringing up the whole Kuu-Ayu thing...great, just what we need. Ayu is doing it for her own reasons...it's certainly not because she wasn't the best selling artist in 2006 and 2007 or couldn't win any awards. If I'm not mistaken she stopped accepting those. The reasons mentioned in this article are very petty; FOR CRYING OUT LOUD she's not THAT desperate. This writer doesn't know jack **** about Ayu yet he's writing about her. Kuu and Ayu may be rivals but they certainly aren't trying with the main intent of trumping the other. They are doing their own things and if one comes out on top, fine. They are not like "zomg I must beat Kuu/Ayu this year". Maybe she just got bored of doing the same product promotions over and over again and decided to try something new. Whereas Kuu is sexed in both her music and outside of it, Ayu is different. I don't think she has or ever will reach the extent of some of the sexy-licious stuff Kuu has done in her career. If Ayu really wanted to copy Kuu, we'd be seeing a lot more of the Wacoal Ayu in PVs and CD covers. Even then the ad itself is a different kind of sexy from Kuu...it's more of a mature/serious sexy and not outright-blown-out-of-proportion sexy. Another thing, why the hell would she advertise in SINGAPORE if this writer claims she's trying to beat Kuu. If anything you'd have these ads in Japan, not Singapore. Guy's an idiot, 'nuff said.


Sigh... This is the Electric New Paper we're talking about here. They've been accused of many things, but accuracy doesn't seem to be among them.
For the info of non-Singaporeans, the New Paper exists as an afternoon tabloid who prints news headlines in sensational manner in order to boost sales. I leave the rest to your imagination.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9...yumi3d9ag8.jpg
By ihulk2

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7...chayumiiz3.jpg

As you can see, they're not that great at photos/graphics either.

Still, the writer does use fan's feedback from forums and prints them to add background to his article. He/She definitely doesn't seem to understand the different reasons behind both artiste's actions, other than highlighting the alleged award/sales battle going on.

jimex289 24th January 2009 01:18 AM

^Haha sorry if I offended you man. I apologize if I did. It's pretty pathetic still...tabloid or not, no excuses lmao.

k21sh3n 24th January 2009 01:19 AM

Once, she turned up as a guest on a popular TV show, Music Station, clad in just leopard-print lingerie. She also happily flaunted her figure in the fourth album Secret, in 2005, which contained a 28-page booklet with pictures of her posing topless. --> I don't get it.. so kuu has and album called Secret?? or it's just the stupid journalist messed the album's name?

jimex289 24th January 2009 01:28 AM

Yes, she released an album in 2005 called "Secret". He was trying to point out that her topless shoots in the album booklet moved a lot of copies. Good thing he wasn't like: "Zomg Ayu copied Kuu's Secret".

ihulk2 24th January 2009 01:44 AM

Ayu
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimex289 (Post 1795608)
^Haha sorry if I offended you man. I apologize if I did. It's pretty pathetic still...tabloid or not, no excuses lmao.

No apologies needed. You made valid points that the writer should have explored/considered in his article but either got lazy or couldn't be bothered.
Still I'm embarrassed at the sub standard journalism displayed here, tabloid or not.

Lady_Eowyn 24th January 2009 02:28 AM

Well, i'm afraid some of you are gonna get mad, but as one of the secretaries in the article said, Ayumi has a pretty face, but a very petite body. She is indeed not curvy, and the truth is Ayumi likes to help herself a lot in some photoshoots, specially in magazine shoots. the wacoal lingerie ad is one of those examples (and i'm talking about the cleavage). For a moment i thought she actually had a surgery on, but i have seen her also in photos like team ayu magazine and she doesn't look artificial at all. I mean, when people are in the entertainment business, there is pressure to look perfect, and i get that, but frankly i find also weird sometimes that Ayumi looks like someone else and not herself

jimex289 24th January 2009 03:06 AM

^I know where you're coming from haha. I think it's because she's never done this sort of thing before ever, so it might come off as a little awkward and uncomfortable...and some people might think she's definitely not the type to. For me I think it's all right she's getting in touch with her feminine side more in these shoots. It reminds people that Ayu is indeed woman who can be real sexy too.

Meat Pao 24th January 2009 05:16 AM

I got so pissed when they went into the Ayu and Kuu part. Wtf :rolleyes

terra 24th January 2009 05:20 AM

It's pointless to make Ayu-Kuu Rivalism...it's useless

It's not like Ayu's goal is to catch up with Kuu in terms of Bold and Sexy image, that's 1000% percent ridiculous.

I don't like this article at all,, seems that Ayu is certainly 'selling' her cleavage for fame

Thx tho,,

love in music 24th January 2009 05:24 AM

this article SUCKS. kumi and ayu should NEVER be compared. jesus christ, when will people learn?

jimex289 24th January 2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat Pao (Post 1795840)
I got so pissed when they went into the Ayu and Kuu part. Wtf :rolleyes

I think the article lost most of its credibility when he started going off into that direction. If you really take the time to pick apart what he's saying, it's a very illogical comparison and came from no where haha.

mcluva420 24th January 2009 05:32 AM

haha. ayu dun need 2 catch up 2 kuu..she been above her -.- kuu is the one who shud catch up or smthin -___-
thanks for the article~

maikaru 24th January 2009 05:52 AM

Somebody forgot to say about how Ayu doesnt accept awards any longer,
Which means Koda Kumi winning an award and her not is pretty useless.. haha.

And about the age thing..
Japan doesn't do that Chinese/Korean tradition of age..
It was destroyed maybe 50 years ago?
So I think its just they got it wrong..

Oh well. This seems a bit tabloid like.. =\

And Koda vs Ayumi thing.. ahaha.
I just have to laugh at it..
most people in Asia continue to make that kind of comparison..
It will not stop. =\

But they do very different things~

kiseki89 24th January 2009 05:59 AM

I guess our writers are out of topic...

ayu_fantasy 24th January 2009 07:24 AM

"The sexy ads show the singer frolicking about in bed with just a bra and a pair of panties."

This statement sounded so wrong and would indeed put her in a bad light....


Anyone has scans of the full article?

terra 24th January 2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy (Post 1795959)
"The sexy ads show the singer frolicking about in bed with just a bra and a pair of panties."

This statement sounded so wrong and would indeed put her in a bad light...

Indeed, but then a bra commercial should be like that or some sort like that isn't it,,

If they show Ayu in a full dress or her usual magazine shoot wouldn't it be weird to promote bra on a picture like that?

Silly media

SURREAL__RAINBOW 24th January 2009 07:46 AM

LOL

ayu is elegant... how can they compare her with koda? :S

weird... xD


thanks!! :D

LacusClyne 24th January 2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 1795288)
can you trust that newspaper? I mean, 31-years-old singer WTF?

singapore calculate by the year, so she will be turning 31 this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k21sh3n (Post 1795610)
Once, she turned up as a guest on a popular TV show, Music Station, clad in just leopard-print lingerie. She also happily flaunted her figure in the fourth album Secret, in 2005, which contained a 28-page booklet with pictures of her posing topless. --> I don't get it.. so kuu has and album called Secret?? or it's just the stupid journalist messed the album's name?

no, koda kumi did have a album 'Secret' in 2005, and the first press booklet contains very sexy pictures posing, but it's not topless, there are clothes on her.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.