Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124022)

LOGMAN 26th April 2018 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatGirl (Post 3270827)
I saw those guys when I saw Ayu in Yokohama last year, too! They were wearing bright neon or green POWER OF MUSIC 2011 shirts. I figured they were part of a Squad because there were a lot of hardcore Ayu stans there, but who knows. I loved them though lol

Funnily I've seen them at every show I've been to.

kendelle 26th April 2018 10:18 AM

It's always started by this one older man with glasses LOL He must be a big fan as I've seen him at the 5 concerts I've attended, he must attend almost all of them!

Usually he's really close to the stage but the second Kobe date he was way up on the 3rd balcony and his voice was still booming around!

rainbow_smile 26th April 2018 10:22 AM

I think they're hired to hype people up though, but i may be wrong, lol

ulfy01 26th April 2018 10:38 AM

That would be Kosaku! When he's there he's always the first one to start the Ayu call. He's really cool. I spoke to the group a bit in Osaka.

adrtwb 26th April 2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_smile (Post 3270986)
I think they're hired to hype people up though, but i may be wrong, lol

no way, they are true hardcore fans! hehe

YUKARI 26th April 2018 10:43 PM

haha I love those ossans in neon shirts shouting and making everyone cheer for ayu

rainbow_smile 27th April 2018 04:07 PM

Wow they're actually fans? haha They're super cool and dedicated then! I always assumed they were employed to do that for some reason loool

CellaFae 28th April 2018 04:24 PM

So glad to hear they're actual fans! haha Their voices were booming and got the crowd going, super fun! ^^ if I go to another concert i'll be sure to wear neon and cheer with them!

thesweetseason 2nd May 2018 03:12 PM

I need help. Do I need to still be a member of TA to pick up my tickets? My membership expired on 30th April and I would like to renew it, but can't navigate the website to save my life... I can still login, and when I go to register it says member already logged in. I'm so confused.

Xianghua 2nd May 2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesweetseason (Post 3271483)
I need help. Do I need to still be a member of TA to pick up my tickets? My membership expired on 30th April and I would like to renew it, but can't navigate the website to save my life... I can still login, and when I go to register it says member already logged in. I'm so confused.

You can't renew once your membership has already expired.
From FAQ on TeamAyu:
Quote:

Q.My membership has been expired, is it possible to continue and renew my membership even after the expiration date?

Once the card is expired, you cannot extend the term of the membership. Please register as a new member by following instructions.
They have membership renewal at TeamAyu booth at venue, but I'm not sure if that will work since it expired in April
EDIT: I just checked and this month you can only renew if it expires between May and July.

In any case, you should still be able to pick up your ticket. You only need the QR code that livepocket emails you, and your passport to check your name.

yabieru 2nd May 2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesweetseason (Post 3271483)
I need help. Do I need to still be a member of TA to pick up my tickets? My membership expired on 30th April and I would like to renew it, but can't navigate the website to save my life... I can still login, and when I go to register it says member already logged in. I'm so confused.

No, you can still pick up the tickets. I was in the same situation as you and I can pick up my tickets without problem. As Xianghua said you only have to show the printing with the QR code from Livepocket and your passport in the TA booth ^^

HilaryDuffFanboy 9th May 2018 04:54 AM

I think why reception is so lukewarm is because people know what Ayu is capable of.... Those 3-4 hour lives at Arena Tour 2015 Cirque de Minuit were fantastic, and a great length that spanned much of her discography and befitting of a 20th anniversary live... I think if she just threw her fans a bone and added another 10 songs, reception would be much better.

Chibi-Chan 9th May 2018 05:43 AM

The lenght of the show wasn't a problem for me, most concerts are about the same length. The problem was that those were the worst concerts I ever went to (and I go to a lot of concerts) and this show doesn't even deserve to be called a concert. Her vocals were absolutely horrible, I never heard someone with such bad vocals sing. I don't expect much of Ayu as a vocalist, but she either needs to stop singing live or put some damn effort into it.
Also watching her "perform" was so emberrasing, because all she did was fake crying and lying on the floor being "in pain".
Even though the show was called POWER OF MUSIC, there was no music and sure as hell no power of music.
I just went to nano's 5th anniversary orchestra concert. That concert was what an orchestra concert should be like. All songs were performed by an orchestra, a few songs also with band and orchestra, and then there was nano singing. She hit almost every single note, which is hard with a full orchestra in the background and had so much emotion in her voice alone that she didn't had to do any fake crying. This concert truly was focusing on the music.
Ayu on the other hand didn't focus on music at all during her show, she was more concerned with how to play the desperate woman.

njanjayrp 9th May 2018 06:00 AM

^ As much as the concert isn’t up to her standards I think you are being too harsh, but oh well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HilaryDuffFanboy (Post 3271986)
I think why reception is so lukewarm is because people know what Ayu is capable of.... Those 3-4 hour lives at Arena Tour 2015 Cirque de Minuit were fantastic, and a great length that spanned much of her discography and befitting of a 20th anniversary live... I think if she just threw her fans a bone and added another 10 songs, reception would be much better.

This. You can simply see hat little to no effort has been put into this tour.

EndOfTheWorld 9th May 2018 07:12 AM

I think maybe Ayu was too ambitious this time around? Maybe 2 tours while making an album was too much to handle. Plus the side activities she has done. Or it's avex being lazy with her anniversary plans. I haven't been to this tour so I can't say much about the performances. But the photos have looked very pretty so far.
The length doesn't make a difference to me. Short shows can be just as good, however it does kind of feel like there is a lack of grandness to the tour.

Zeke. 9th May 2018 09:22 AM

One thing to note is there wasn’t really an “a-ha” moment. Like the ship at AT08, the chair at 09, the elephant at whatever your that was, etc.

It’s weird cause my fiend said I wonder what it will be this year before we entered the arena and come to find out there was nothing.

Andrenekoi 9th May 2018 12:34 PM

Inconsistent vocals are to expect from an almost deaf singer. This is the current reality of her career and there's little to none to be done about it besides taking that into consideration or not watching her live.

The last time we had POM it was very simple too, besides the special dates, so I don't really get what people were expecting on that regard.

njanjayrp 9th May 2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3272026)
Inconsistent vocals are to expect from an almost deaf singer. This is the current reality of her career and there's little to none to be done about it besides taking that into consideration or not watching her live.

The last time we had POM it was very simple too, besides the special dates, so I don't really get what people were expecting on that regard.

Her vocals have not changed since I started attending the concerts in 2012. There are songs she smashes and the ones where she struggles. She shouts at times and imo it's all about expectations. I know what to expect and am at times positively surprised.

dreamalley 9th May 2018 06:14 PM

There was so much effort put into 2013's 15th anniversary live that the expectations for the 20th anniversary were through the roof.

Plus, this year seems to be the 20th anniversary of many artists. The competition is tough.

melissalove 9th May 2018 07:09 PM

Her vocals have changed to me, hearing loss to ayu’s extent changes everything vocals, cordinarion, balance, everything. Besides contrary to popular believe, ayu doesn’t look so good recently. She looks bloated like she’s not feeling well. Ayu’s doing the best she can as she’s strong.

AyuCanada 11th May 2018 07:51 AM

Does anyone know if the Fukuoka concert was changed from Marine Messe to the Convention Center? Also does anyone know thel location ofthe center I am having trouble with google map.

~angel*ayumi~ 11th May 2018 08:53 AM

Why should the Location Change? O.o

AyuCanada 11th May 2018 12:58 PM

“I’m asking because LivePocket mentioned Marine Messe as the location before and now it shows as Fukuoka Convention Center so I don’t know if it changed or if it’s a different name for the same location. If I look them both up, the show in different locations as well.. a couple of streets away from each other.”

~angel*ayumi~ 11th May 2018 04:25 PM

Official site still says Marine Messe, and friend posted pics on FB of the truck and booths in front of Marine Messe

voltron 12th May 2018 05:33 AM

I totally would've gone to the convention center today not knowing, thanks for the heads up!

I got B2 arena block...this arena is soooooo small! Every seat is kinda awesome.

kelvinkhew 12th May 2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3272222)
I got B2 arena block...this arena is soooooo small! Every seat is kinda awesome.

is the track list same?

~angel*ayumi~ 12th May 2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinkhew (Post 3272224)
is the track list same?

The concert isnīt finished yet, itīs only 18.30 in Japan

voltron 12th May 2018 10:58 AM

We're at encore break now and the same so far.

voltron 12th May 2018 02:54 PM

It was the same for the encore, as well. I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but the performer's interlude was catcher in the light.

She sounded great 95% of the night, with very few exceptions. To her vocal critics - I know she has better and worse performances, but I do think she takes her vocals seriously. I saw Namie, Koda Kumi, and Ayu in this trip and Ayu is really the only one that relies on background singers and doesn't use a significant backing track. Honestly at times you could barely hear Namie over her backing track, and during some songs when it poked through it was sour notes (other slower songs where she used less of a track were great though). Koda Kumi also uses one heavily and while she has really strong belts and a versatile voice, she also has her share of misses. I was really impressed with her overall.

I also think the tracklist was very intentional, with the songs before/after Micce sang diary. Remembering back to her TA post about not singing it and placing it after Secret in another tour because it was like the current her singing to the her that has died. I don't have a full theory baked yet, but I think the songs were pulled for lyrical meaning. It was a really dark tour by and large, for lack of a better explanation.

Uknow! 12th May 2018 03:02 PM

Thank you so much for your review, voltron.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the concert.

SunshineSlayer 12th May 2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3272253)
She sounded great 95% of the night, with very few exceptions. To her vocal critics - I know she has better and worse performances, but I do think she takes her vocals seriously. I saw Namie, Koda Kumi, and Ayu in this trip and Ayu is really the only one that relies on background singers and doesn't use a significant backing track. Honestly at times you could barely hear Namie over her backing track, and during some songs when it poked through it was sour notes (other slower songs where she used less of a track were great though). Koda Kumi also uses one heavily and while she has really strong belts and a versatile voice, she also has her share of misses. I was really impressed with her overall.

Yep. I always go into Ayu the last several years with measured expectations; I know she isn't going to sound completely amazing anymore, but what I am always impressed with is that she is indeed live most of the time.

We were at the same Namie show. :) And yeah, the backing track was pretty strong (stronger than usual because I've seen her many times as well), and she did indeed struggle with the higher notes, particularly, of her older songs like Don't Wanna Cry, You're My Sunshine etc.

melissalove 12th May 2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3272253)
It was the same for the encore, as well. I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but the performer's interlude was catcher in the light.

She sounded great 95% of the night, with very few exceptions. To her vocal critics - I know she has better and worse performances, but I do think she takes her vocals seriously. I saw Namie, Koda Kumi, and Ayu in this trip and Ayu is really the only one that relies on background singers and doesn't use a significant backing track. Honestly at times you could barely hear Namie over her backing track, and during some songs when it poked through it was sour notes (other slower songs where she used less of a track were great though). Koda Kumi also uses one heavily and while she has really strong belts and a versatile voice, she also has her share of misses. I was really impressed with her overall.

I also think the tracklist was very intentional, with the songs before/after Micce sang diary. Remembering back to her TA post about not singing it and placing it after Secret in another tour because it was like the current her singing to the her that has died. I don't have a full theory baked yet, but I think the songs were pulled for lyrical meaning. It was a really dark tour by and large, for lack of a better explanation.

I have noticed this, but to be fair koda and namie dance and move around on stage more. But ayu is live compared to them.

voltron 13th May 2018 01:02 AM

^ Absolutely, I totally get why they do it, and I'm not knocking either of their talents at all! I just think the backing track hides a lot of flaws, and Ayu doesn't always have that level of "safety" (though she has used it more with some recent songs like TSMGO, WARNING, etc.)

Andrenekoi 13th May 2018 02:19 AM

They use a loud back track so it can cover inevitable vocal fails that will happen during choreography. Ayu doesn't use as much choreo so she doesn't need it.

Sometimes she does have her backing up singers to overpower her voice on purpose for the same reason, like 1Love during Future Classics

Yoake 13th May 2018 10:39 AM

Thanks for your review voltron. I would be interested by your theory if you mature it someday. :)

AJFmzk 13th May 2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3272253)
It was the same for the encore, as well. I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but the performer's interlude was catcher in the light.

She sounded great 95% of the night, with very few exceptions. To her vocal critics - I know she has better and worse performances, but I do think she takes her vocals seriously. I saw Namie, Koda Kumi, and Ayu in this trip and Ayu is really the only one that relies on background singers and doesn't use a significant backing track.

I agree with this assessment. Just got back from Marine Messe and I was very impressed with her voice tonight. I tried to keep off the thread until I saw her so it wouldn't ruin too much. I did catch posts that some people said she was totally off and the tour was lazily put together. If you're comparing this to Cirque de Minuit, then yes, most of her tours would probably seem somewhat lazy in comparison. To be honest I was a tad disappointed just because she called it power of music and teased the string section. I was so excited to see a redux of the original power of music and then it was revealed to be totally different stage, orchestra-less.

Petty annoyances like that aside, I enjoyed it immensely. As voltron stated she was hitting the notes 95% + of the time. And I noticed she actually went lower on some of the notes for Forgiveness, I'm guessing she either couldn't or didn't think she could hit those particular notes that are regularly very high, but it worked and she did really well with that song, besides a few rough notes at the beginning. I thoroughly enjoyed the arrangements for the songs. Arrangement Highlights for me were evolution and Surreal plus the interlude. I love the classical arrangement of Catcher in the Light (again too bad not with the orchestra), though I really loved the entire setlist, minus one song I'm not familiar enough with to name.

In terms of the actual show, I was just shy of first row A block, so almost as close as one could be. And I mostly had either Princess or Yongae right in front of me (which I loved). Timmy didn't annoy me as much as usual, so that was alright. To be fair I had to leave and come back because I was soaked from the rain, had to go home and change and then rush like crazy to get back in time. Somehow I made it about 5 minutes before the official start time, but once I actually got to my seat I was able to start getting into it and ultimately had a great time, even if I did get hit in the face by the ball thrown by a dancer which the girl behind me got.

(To Voltron' earlier part regarding Namie. I noticed also that the background vocals really swallowed her live ones. Plus I think there was something wrong with the mic for the first third of the show I saw because it was giving weird feedback problems)

surrealA 14th May 2018 06:39 PM

I also managed to see her in Fukuoka. I agree this tour is very scaled back from her usual arena tours. But I still enjoyed it. As mentioned by some the focus is mostly on lyrics of songs that reflects her careers. You really have to get in the mood to feel her emotions. Many people in my block especially girls were in tears throughout the concert. My favourites are ASF XX and HBYA.

She did sound good especially on the 2nd night. Only problem was during TO BE, she really struggles hitting that high notes. The 'fake' crying didnt bother me much. I guess you got used to it and expect for it ;)

Overall this tour seems more intimate and personal from Ayu.

Zeke. 15th May 2018 04:32 AM

I posted a comment about max matsurra's tweet on ayu and the concerns Japanese fans are having in the social media thread.

kendelle 15th May 2018 12:28 PM

I wonder how Max possibly talking to Ayu might impact her coming shows?

primavera♥ 15th May 2018 12:58 PM

Well I think ayu is trying concepts that are supposed to appear grand. But they look cheap because it seems like she doesnt go full out and I really think it is a budget issue because of the career point she is at. Her more simplistic concepts seem higher quality lately because she can actually execute it without it looking cheaper than it's supposed to be because it's already cheap. I wouldn't mind simplicity but I think this is not what the fans are looking for.

So while there are some things max can discuss with ayu, I think a lot of problems are related to avex as well.

voltron 15th May 2018 05:15 PM

To be honest, nothing about this show really came across as "cheap" to me. It was scaled back and lacked a "wow" factor - but I think it still looked polished, as much as it could be. Her outfits were pretty, the stage was fine, her voice was strong, etc.

I really enjoyed myself, and I'm not going to apologize for that or argue with people who didn't enjoy their respective shows. Would I have loved a CdM-level show? Of course! Was I disappointed in this show? Not at all.

I'll admit that this did not capture the same magic as the original PoM - but that was also a longer tour, and what was eventually released was very different from how she started (I think the first part of the tour was all 1 outfit if I remember correctly). These performances were largely recycled from various recent tours (including the original PoM) and I think that's part of the big disconnect people are feeling. This is a scaled-back show, but it feels scaled-back partly due to lack of inspiration/direction. I honestly think if she had tagged on "~A Best Live~" people would be eating it up, because they'd be expecting something more recycled. But still, I don't find what she has done to be inappropriate for an anniversary tour.

And we're looking at like 10 shows, of which none probably sold out, so I think people need to set expectations for the budget she has. Small tweaks could go a long way - she has been trading in more elaborate stages for projected videos, which is fine - but these videos felt a little bit "stock" to me and could have been more impactful than they were. The MC was almost non-existent, and while I didn't mind that - it probably would have made people feel like it was a longer or more elaborate show. I was surprised that in Fukuoka she didn't at least talk about being home, etc. in some detail.

As for a few other random pieces - I felt the dancers did NOT overwhelm things at all. And with regards to female dancers, it was very easy to miss any of them other than Midori. The other 2 (?) were barely around. The performers were really unnecessary for this tour, but I love Riki so I'm not mad about it.

Also, I've seen her 5 times in 4 different shows and I think I would probably rate them vocally as this:
- TA Tour 2015
- PoM 20th Anniversary
- TA Tour 2016
- CDL 04-05

~angel*ayumi~ 15th May 2018 05:51 PM

I can so agree with you voltron.
I also whould have loved CdM-level show as I especially planned my trip arround her anniversary and was expecting THAT super big anniversary show, but even if it wasnīt like that I wasnīt disappointed at all, but I can totally understand that ppl who expected the same as me or a 1->1 copy of original PoM are disappointed. I also whould have loved a bit more strings, a bit more glamour, but all in all I rly enjoed the show as it was, the setlost was rly awesome, her voice was good, her "acting" is srsly a bit to over-the-top but I am used to it xD
I can also understand Ayu that she is not satisfied wuth the show, maybe she wanted to do exactly that what I was talking about me (and sure most fans) expected but just couldnīt in this short time and with her condition. I have the feeling she wanted to deliver big, otherwise she wouldnīt have set up a 60 dates tour that goes until so short before her anniversary, but she just took over and overestimated her physical strengh and the limits of her body.
Alltough I whould love a bomb and many anniversary stuff diring and after the tour I just wish that she rests a bit.

me0wie 16th May 2018 03:20 AM

interested in ur theory too!

i was at her 7 & 8 april show, and i wasn't majorly disappointed. wasn't expecting a huge show - i was also at her 10th anniversary HK show, def cannot expect the same kind of scale. loved the anticipation of not knowing what the setlist will be like. makes me wanna attend the 1st shows of her tours instead of the "big" last show.

at this point, i think it's sufficient that i'm still able to see her performing live, against everything else. :love

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3272253)
It was the same for the encore, as well. I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but the performer's interlude was catcher in the light.

She sounded great 95% of the night, with very few exceptions. To her vocal critics - I know she has better and worse performances, but I do think she takes her vocals seriously. I saw Namie, Koda Kumi, and Ayu in this trip and Ayu is really the only one that relies on background singers and doesn't use a significant backing track. Honestly at times you could barely hear Namie over her backing track, and during some songs when it poked through it was sour notes (other slower songs where she used less of a track were great though). Koda Kumi also uses one heavily and while she has really strong belts and a versatile voice, she also has her share of misses. I was really impressed with her overall.

I also think the tracklist was very intentional, with the songs before/after Micce sang diary. Remembering back to her TA post about not singing it and placing it after Secret in another tour because it was like the current her singing to the her that has died. I don't have a full theory baked yet, but I think the songs were pulled for lyrical meaning. It was a really dark tour by and large, for lack of a better explanation.


starsky82 16th May 2018 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesweetseason (Post 3271483)
I need help. Do I need to still be a member of TA to pick up my tickets? My membership expired on 30th April and I would like to renew it, but can't navigate the website to save my life... I can still login, and when I go to register it says member already logged in. I'm so confused.

Just came back from Japan after attending Ayu's Fukuoka Marine Messe concert! After 15 years I finally see her in person! So surreal!

Was slightly disappointed that she didn't cover a few of the songs like Far away and evolution didn't really have the hype it always had. From reading some posts here in the past few weeks, I guess that's attributable to her scaling down her concerts. I think with all the declining album sales and news of her hearing loss, it's bearing down on her. Contrary to what some say, I actually feel her crying is not an act as she does get emotional singing in front of her fans. Hope she gets back on track with the right balance for her concerts. Hoping to see an opening concert next year perhaps...

Nevertheless, I enjoyed her concert and seeing her in person for the first time! Special thanks to thesweetseason for selling me the ticket!

dez0424 16th May 2018 05:20 PM

poor riki, can't he just be given an ordinary position? i'm so done with the frog thing.

truehappiness 16th May 2018 11:09 PM

That is a bit surprising. I think he's been a monkey and then basically permafrog since then. I guess there's probably a reason for it though.

attractive nausea 16th May 2018 11:13 PM

Well for MADE IN JAPAN tour he was probably dressed as a monkey for the first song but after that he was a normal dancer, how was he for Just the beginning tour??

Katsuyuki012 17th May 2018 12:42 AM

He was a frog during CdM startinh with CDL, then MiT and MIJ he was a monkey (not only beginning, other parts too) so um yea the frog coming back is honestly much better than all those clowns imo..

Xianghua 17th May 2018 06:30 PM

I feel like him being a frog on this tour just served as a "throwback." But yeah it was out of place for this tour.

melissalove 18th May 2018 07:42 AM

^ I rather him be a monkey for the significance of it.

AJFmzk 18th May 2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3272477)
I can so agree with you voltron.
I also whould have loved CdM-level show as I especially planned my trip arround her anniversary and was expecting THAT super big anniversary show, but even if it wasnīt like that I wasnīt disappointed at all, but I can totally understand that ppl who expected the same as me or a 1->1 copy of original PoM are disappointed. I also whould have loved a bit more strings, a bit more glamour, but all in all I rly enjoed the show as it was, the setlost was rly awesome, her voice was good, her "acting" is srsly a bit to over-the-top but I am used to it xD
I can also understand Ayu that she is not satisfied wuth the show, maybe she wanted to do exactly that what I was talking about me (and sure most fans) expected but just couldnīt in this short time and with her condition. I have the feeling she wanted to deliver big, otherwise she wouldnīt have set up a 60 dates tour that goes until so short before her anniversary, but she just took over and overestimated her physical strengh and the limits of her body.
Alltough I whould love a bomb and many anniversary stuff diring and after the tour I just wish that she rests a bit.

I completely agree and I also planned my trip around the show and I would have loved either a true PoM version 2 or a huge CdM style show. Y'know, something extra special because of the anniversary. Tbh, my only disappointment was in the perception. I feel like she was hyping things up really early on with this tour, and it felt like her original intention was to do a Power of Music Part 2, but then something happened, maybe time, budget or physical limitations or a combo of all three. Not her fault, but it seems like something was changed or got derailed after her initial build up. For example, when I applied for tickets it sounded like there was going to be a full orchestra, so my disappointment stems from the perception I had built in my head. I'm aware she never explicitly said full orchestra, I think a lot of people including me just assumed because she re-used the Power of Music title. (Plus I'm a perfectionist in my personal life, so once I have an idealized version of something in my head, anything less will, of course, fall short, which is quite an unrealistic standard to have, but I digress). But I did actually really enjoy the show, and I do hope that I get the opportunity to see her again in the future.

To me, the most important thing is the music, so I was very pleased with how the band, the arrangements and especially Ayu sounded, and the strings were an added bonus. I still wish she had the orchestra (maybe she will for THE FINAL), but you can tell that Ayu did the best she could given whatever limitations she had on this tour and it was a good show, especially considering how limited her prep time was. Also getting to see YongAe was a really nice bonus! My main annoyance with Just the Beginning that I went to was that there was no band, so I was so happy to be able to get to see her with the live band at least once.

Gorgonia 19th May 2018 12:21 AM

Today is Hiroshima’s show so if anyone is still wanting to go, I got an extra ticket. Message me!

matt9210 19th May 2018 01:38 PM

Just on my way back from the Hiroshima show! And read few a number of pages of this thread for the first time, interesting to see a few comments similar to what I was thinking during the concert.

This is my 4th time seeing Ayu after TA 2015, CDL 15-16 and Made in Japan. Not sure where I'd rank this out of the four, but I was mostly impressed with vocals and setlist. Some songs I didn't know too well/care for, but it probably doesn't take much to beat CDL 15-16 setlist :P

Gutted there was no Mirrorcle World, been waiting for that one everytime and thought this show would be my best shot! Also, it didn't feel like a 20th anniversary setlist. Bold and Delicious was a pleasant surprise which got me dancing! Would have loved a few morecomments of these!

Regarding Ayu's acting, I came this time expecting it, so it didn't bother me much. It threw me off in other shows I'd seen because like others have said, it feels fake. I don't think they're necessary at all, but I watched it more as a theatrical performance along with the dancers, and I was able to enjoy it more. Whilst the sad emotions don't seem like it's genuinely her, I really admire her stage presence and energy, and her love for performing does seem genuine.

No problem with concert length, 2 and a half hours seems normal/slightly more than normal to me! If anything, the jokes/MCs in her other concerts were far too drawn out and repetitive, but this time it generally felt like a good amount.

EndOfTheWorld 20th May 2018 10:58 PM

Now that the Hiroshima date is over, there is a break in the schedule. I wonder what will happen next. Rehearse for a-nation?:think

Katsuyuki012 21st May 2018 05:46 AM

^album too, I'd say

Sky High 21st May 2018 09:47 AM

^keeping my fingers crossed

Yumsushi 21st May 2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinkhew (Post 3270713)
Anyone attending 21st July 2018 show?

Chibi-chan and myself are.

roxaskh2fm 27th May 2018 12:48 AM

The waiting is killing me! I hope that she includes a new song or change the setlist.
And, of course, news about the new album!

PS:
I have an extra ticket (team ayu global) for the next concert (Ishikawa 06/16).

attractive nausea 27th May 2018 09:57 AM

^ Honestly at the beginning of the tour if was 100% sure there would be changes in the setlist but now i'm not so sure anymore ):

SKYia 29th May 2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumsushi (Post 3272998)
Chibi-chan and myself are.

Me too.

kelvinkhew 30th May 2018 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYia (Post 3273614)
Me too.

Let's meet !

Yumsushi 31st May 2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYia (Post 3273614)
Me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinkhew (Post 3273626)
Let's meet !

Hoping for good seats for everybody!: :) message me if you guys want to meet up! But if it's anything like the last concert I've been to its a little hard to find people.

To be honest, I hadn't seen POM so I was wondering if I should watch it but reading all the reviews I think it might be better to not have anything to compare it to so Im not disappointed after coming from the other side of the world to see her.

Chibi-Chan 31st May 2018 11:27 PM

^I recommend watching POM after you saw this show

Yumsushi 31st May 2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3273790)
^I recommend watching POM after you saw this show

So I can cry tears of disappointments afterwards as opposed to during the concert? :P

kelvinkhew 1st June 2018 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumsushi (Post 3273791)
So I can cry tears of disappointments afterwards as opposed to during the concert? :P

Oh noo ~ but this is my first time attending Ayu concert !

Chibi-Chan 1st June 2018 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumsushi (Post 3273791)
So I can cry tears of disappointments afterwards as opposed to during the concert? :P

Exactly :P

AyuCanada 1st June 2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumsushi (Post 3273791)
So I can cry tears of disappointments afterwards as opposed to during the concert? :P

Honestly... i think it would be an awkward thing to do... Unless you enjoy and seek to be disappointed.

I think it is possible to find beauty in both of those concerts, the original POM is longer (maybe a bit too long for me... I never actually watched it completely... but I listen to the DVD rip often)... but people tends to forget that they upgraded the show for the DVD and last concerts, the original concerts had no dancers and no costumes, and the set list was different because I think "Five" hasn't been released yet, it was supposed to be the tour to promote Love Songs.

I went twice at this year concert, and i can't say it was a bad show, she did bigger in the past, much bigger, but it did not prevent me to enjoy this year show.

mimika 4th June 2018 04:00 AM

Is there gonna be additional tour dates later in the year? I am going to Japan later in the year so I am hoping there will be dates in fall or winter! All these days so far are spring and summer!

kendelle 4th June 2018 09:14 AM

I would say it's safe to assume no and be pleasantly surprised if she does announce.

We can't really rely on a CDL either so I'd go with assuming we only have the announced dates and anni weekend next year.... I assume October would be most likely time for a small TA tour to be announced if anything additional was happening.

HarlemThorne 6th June 2018 06:51 AM

I have a ticket to the 6/16 show if anyone is looking for one, or knows anyone looking

(I haven't even bothered to check if they're transferable, I don't think my names on it or anything)

Was going to go while I was here for my Namie / Miliyah concerts but getting there and back from Tokyo would cost me like 30k, didn't think ahead about that
Selling it for face value :)

mimika 6th June 2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendelle (Post 3274090)
I would say it's safe to assume no and be pleasantly surprised if she does announce.

We can't really rely on a CDL either so I'd go with assuming we only have the announced dates and anni weekend next year.... I assume October would be most likely time for a small TA tour to be announced if anything additional was happening.

Thanks!! I really hope they do for 20th anniversary. Last year for 19th the concert runs throughout the year. But I guess it was an exception.

Never been to a TA live. How's that different from regular live other than TA members only? Any goods?

voltron 6th June 2018 06:47 PM

^ The TA lives have been at Zepp venues, which are smaller venues (think around 2,000 max capacity, give or take). They are primarily standing room only, with a small second floor that has seats. Because of this, there is less stage room for sets or much going on. In 2015 she had the band, a couple dancers, and a screen behind her. In 2016 she had a small stage rig, the band was offstage most of the time, and there were more dancers and video.

Typically they have had their own tour goods, as well.

PS - your signature is such a blast from the past, calling out Omega Prime!

attractive nausea 6th June 2018 08:22 PM

^ I thought TA tour 2016 didn't have any band? Except for Timmy and Princess of course.

voltron 6th June 2018 09:26 PM

Yocchan and maybe another 1-2 musicians came out for a song or two. A lot of the songs she chose definitely used backing tracks more than she normally does - not sure if all the rest of the music was pre-recorded, or if they were just performing off stage.

Even Timmy wasn't on the stage the whole time, and I don't think Princess was there at all.

chobits1047 14th June 2018 11:56 AM

Is anyone looking for 6/23 concert in Sendai?
My friend can't go to concert suddenly, so I have one extra ticket.
It's global TA member ticket so the seat will be not bad.
Message me if u are interested!!!

roxaskh2fm 16th June 2018 01:33 AM

OMG my concert is today!!! Can't wait!!

~angel*ayumi~ 16th June 2018 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm (Post 3274990)
OMG my concert is today!!! Can't wait!!

Your first time?
Have fun! ^o^

himawariii6 17th June 2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm (Post 3274990)
OMG my concert is today!!! Can't wait!!

I hope you enjoy it :)

takamioda 19th June 2018 04:25 PM

Anyone wants to sell 1 ticket on last day - July 22 in Osaka? I’ve got the visa, so I want to join both Saturday & Sunday’s concerts. Please message me. Thank you!

roxaskh2fm 29th June 2018 04:29 PM

OK, back to Brazil :( and my thoughts about the Ishikawa concert:

- The arena was soooooooo tiny! Gave me a feeling of an ~intimate performance~. Every seat was good and I got PERFECT seats, near the main stage and the catwalk. Ayu, Timmy and some dancers saw me sometimes XD

- same setlist

- I don't like that "Susana Vieira" hair, but... life goes on.

- We can't compare this concert to the original PoM. (and please, never compare to the DVD!) It was another vibe. The original was sad and serious, about lost, sadness and hope. This one was about joy, happiness and overcoming things. Ayu was laughing and smiling every time. We can see the difference in forgiveness. The end of BRILLANTE was different, this time she "defeated the demon". We can see a storyline in this concert.

- I don't think she was overdramatic the entire concert. The only one part that I was "gurl please stop" was the last part of Mad World. It was totally unnecessary.

- Loved the new versions of evolution (finishing the song with the lalalala was epic) and ever free, but NEXT LEVEL was really boring. The original one is more emotional.

- Yes, it was my first concert and I Cried in every song, even Catcher In The Light XD

- I never liked Curtain Call but the performance was really powerful. A good song for an encore.

- As always, she slayed in A song for XX. Amazing vocals, lights and performance.

- Saw again backstage people with the 2019 dates shirt. Maybe it will be an upgraded version for the DVD like the last PoM.

- Missed a new song for the 20th like Mirrorcle World and Tell All.

- how beautiful you are was the climax of the concert. An amazing performance and and made me think that it was a concert about overcoming as a lgbt+ person. It fits in the song choices and order with the storytelling and, for me, that was the power of music that she wanted to "project" with this concert.

- We always expect more of Ayu. Every concert she gave us something new or different or something BOOM like a new song with the big cross XD This was really about the essence of the lyrics.

- I wanted more? Yes. If she performed AT06 or RnRC 7 Days Special i would want more too. We will always want more. It's not my favorite tour but not a bad one.


Now I can't wait to go to another tour in 2020! (and really thinking about going to the "special final" in 19)

thesweetseason 1st July 2018 01:33 PM

I have been back from Japan for a while now but I haven't posted anything about the tour! I went to see her for the first time in Fukuoka and then Hiroshima. Thank you guys for those who bought my tickets from me in Fukuoka! I didn't manage to sell my 2 Hiroshima tickets (I did on Viagogo, but they wouldn't let me sell them because I had to pick up at the venue and they tried to give me a penalty fee that cost more than the tickets! I cut my bank details off the site and ran away), but overall it was only slightly more expensive than it needed to be...

Here are some pics! My boyfriend doesn't know many songs but he had a nice time anyway (and he was the one who caught the ball!). I was too busy crying. If I think back to it now, I start to cry as well. I have been an Ayu fan for so many years. It makes me upset that people niggle and complain over little things in the tour when she always puts on a stellar performance. There are always people who complain that she always plays evolution, but if I traveled 6000 miles and she didn't play evolution, I'd be a bit heartbroken. Y'all take her for granted sometimes.

https://i.imgur.com/CFOS1FV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/asvcNAK.jpg

I had a very good time! It might not have been 7 Days Special or something fancier, but it was still my first time seeing Ayu and that is special to me! I hope I can see more, but if she decides to retire I will still be thankful.

roxaskh2fm 1st July 2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesweetseason (Post 3276307)
There are always people who complain that she always plays evolution, but if I traveled 6000 miles and she didn't play evolution, I'd be a bit heartbroken.

YES! XD

jiarongisme 2nd July 2018 03:06 AM

evolution is such a fun song live!

mimika 2nd July 2018 05:43 AM

what is 'special final' in 19?

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm (Post 3276192)
OK, back to Brazil :( and my thoughts about the Ishikawa concert:

- The arena was soooooooo tiny! Gave me a feeling of an ~intimate performance~. Every seat was good and I got PERFECT seats, near the main stage and the catwalk. Ayu, Timmy and some dancers saw me sometimes XD

- same setlist

- I don't like that "Susana Vieira" hair, but... life goes on.

- We can't compare this concert to the original PoM. (and please, never compare to the DVD!) It was another vibe. The original was sad and serious, about lost, sadness and hope. This one was about joy, happiness and overcoming things. Ayu was laughing and smiling every time. We can see the difference in forgiveness. The end of BRILLANTE was different, this time she "defeated the demon". We can see a storyline in this concert.

- I don't think she was overdramatic the entire concert. The only one part that I was "gurl please stop" was the last part of Mad World. It was totally unnecessary.

- Loved the new versions of evolution (finishing the song with the lalalala was epic) and ever free, but NEXT LEVEL was really boring. The original one is more emotional.

- Yes, it was my first concert and I Cried in every song, even Catcher In The Light XD

- I never liked Curtain Call but the performance was really powerful. A good song for an encore.

- As always, she slayed in A song for XX. Amazing vocals, lights and performance.

- Saw again backstage people with the 2019 dates shirt. Maybe it will be an upgraded version for the DVD like the last PoM.

- Missed a new song for the 20th like Mirrorcle World and Tell All.

- how beautiful you are was the climax of the concert. An amazing performance and and made me think that it was a concert about overcoming as a lgbt+ person. It fits in the song choices and order with the storytelling and, for me, that was the power of music that she wanted to "project" with this concert.

- We always expect more of Ayu. Every concert she gave us something new or different or something BOOM like a new song with the big cross XD This was really about the essence of the lyrics.

- I wanted more? Yes. If she performed AT06 or RnRC 7 Days Special i would want more too. We will always want more. It's not my favorite tour but not a bad one.


Now I can't wait to go to another tour in 2020! (and really thinking about going to the "special final" in 19)


Chris85 2nd July 2018 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm (Post 3276192)
- Saw again backstage people with the 2019 dates shirt. Maybe it will be an upgraded version for the DVD like the last PoM.

If DVDs are still a thing for Ayu. There haven't been concert releases for ages. I wonder why? Not enough people buying to bother? I thought at least super expensive TeamAyu releases were profitable.

~angel*ayumi~ 2nd July 2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3276394)
If DVDs are still a thing for Ayu. There haven't been concert releases for ages. I wonder why? Not enough people buying to bother? I thought at least super expensive TeamAyu releases were profitable.

I think itīs more likley a Complete Live Box Style Release with JTB + PoM.

truehappiness 2nd July 2018 08:57 AM

It's probable that they just wanted to save it all for one big release.

They likely want to do CD+DVD/BD+LIVE again so Just the beginning's tour will probably come out alongside the album with CDL coming too as TA only or something.

AyuCanada 2nd July 2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3276394)
If DVDs are still a thing for Ayu. There haven't been concert releases for ages.

''Made in Japan'' BluRay was released a year and a half ago. Last year, there was no album, no new material to promote, the tour was a filler and they probably judged people wouldn't care to buy it.

Yoake 4th July 2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm (Post 3276192)
OK, back to Brazil :( and my thoughts about the Ishikawa concert:

- The arena was soooooooo tiny! Gave me a feeling of an ~intimate performance~. Every seat was good and I got PERFECT seats, near the main stage and the catwalk. Ayu, Timmy and some dancers saw me sometimes XD

- same setlist

- I don't like that "Susana Vieira" hair, but... life goes on.

- We can't compare this concert to the original PoM. (and please, never compare to the DVD!) It was another vibe. The original was sad and serious, about lost, sadness and hope. This one was about joy, happiness and overcoming things. Ayu was laughing and smiling every time. We can see the difference in forgiveness. The end of BRILLANTE was different, this time she "defeated the demon". We can see a storyline in this concert.

- I don't think she was overdramatic the entire concert. The only one part that I was "gurl please stop" was the last part of Mad World. It was totally unnecessary.

- Loved the new versions of evolution (finishing the song with the lalalala was epic) and ever free, but NEXT LEVEL was really boring. The original one is more emotional.

- Yes, it was my first concert and I Cried in every song, even Catcher In The Light XD

- I never liked Curtain Call but the performance was really powerful. A good song for an encore.

- As always, she slayed in A song for XX. Amazing vocals, lights and performance.

- Saw again backstage people with the 2019 dates shirt. Maybe it will be an upgraded version for the DVD like the last PoM.

- Missed a new song for the 20th like Mirrorcle World and Tell All.

- how beautiful you are was the climax of the concert. An amazing performance and and made me think that it was a concert about overcoming as a lgbt+ person. It fits in the song choices and order with the storytelling and, for me, that was the power of music that she wanted to "project" with this concert.

- We always expect more of Ayu. Every concert she gave us something new or different or something BOOM like a new song with the big cross XD This was really about the essence of the lyrics.

- I wanted more? Yes. If she performed AT06 or RnRC 7 Days Special i would want more too. We will always want more. It's not my favorite tour but not a bad one.


Now I can't wait to go to another tour in 2020! (and really thinking about going to the "special final" in 19)

Thank you for your review. It's great that you had a good experience with this concert.

kelvinkhew 9th July 2018 04:48 AM

Anyone has Osaka Jo Hall seat plan?

~angel*ayumi~ 9th July 2018 06:56 AM

https://www.osaka-johall.com/seat/

kelvinkhew 9th July 2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3277058)

thank you ! cant wait to attend her show for first time !

~angel*ayumi~ 9th July 2018 12:19 PM

It will be most likley Type B seating for 11k ppl.

takamioda 10th July 2018 06:55 AM

Does anyone want to sell 1 ticket on final day - Osaka Jo Hall - July 22nd? Please message me if you want so.

Sky High 10th July 2018 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm (Post 3276192)
OK, back to Brazil :( and my thoughts about the Ishikawa concert:

- The arena was soooooooo tiny! Gave me a feeling of an ~intimate performance~. Every seat was good and I got PERFECT seats, near the main stage and the catwalk. Ayu, Timmy and some dancers saw me sometimes XD

- same setlist

- I don't like that "Susana Vieira" hair, but... life goes on.

- We can't compare this concert to the original PoM. (and please, never compare to the DVD!) It was another vibe. The original was sad and serious, about lost, sadness and hope. This one was about joy, happiness and overcoming things. Ayu was laughing and smiling every time. We can see the difference in forgiveness. The end of BRILLANTE was different, this time she "defeated the demon". We can see a storyline in this concert.

- I don't think she was overdramatic the entire concert. The only one part that I was "gurl please stop" was the last part of Mad World. It was totally unnecessary.

- Loved the new versions of evolution (finishing the song with the lalalala was epic) and ever free, but NEXT LEVEL was really boring. The original one is more emotional.

- Yes, it was my first concert and I Cried in every song, even Catcher In The Light XD

- I never liked Curtain Call but the performance was really powerful. A good song for an encore.

- As always, she slayed in A song for XX. Amazing vocals, lights and performance.

- Saw again backstage people with the 2019 dates shirt. Maybe it will be an upgraded version for the DVD like the last PoM.

- Missed a new song for the 20th like Mirrorcle World and Tell All.

- how beautiful you are was the climax of the concert. An amazing performance and and made me think that it was a concert about overcoming as a lgbt+ person. It fits in the song choices and order with the storytelling and, for me, that was the power of music that she wanted to "project" with this concert.

- We always expect more of Ayu. Every concert she gave us something new or different or something BOOM like a new song with the big cross XD This was really about the essence of the lyrics.

- I wanted more? Yes. If she performed AT06 or RnRC 7 Days Special i would want more too. We will always want more. It's not my favorite tour but not a bad one.


Now I can't wait to go to another tour in 2020! (and really thinking about going to the "special final" in 19)

I like youe review :)

freedreamer 10th July 2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm (Post 3276192)
OK, back to Brazil :( and my thoughts about the Ishikawa concert:

- The arena was soooooooo tiny! Gave me a feeling of an ~intimate performance~. Every seat was good and I got PERFECT seats, near the main stage and the catwalk. Ayu, Timmy and some dancers saw me sometimes XD

- same setlist

- I don't like that "Susana Vieira" hair, but... life goes on.

- We can't compare this concert to the original PoM. (and please, never compare to the DVD!) It was another vibe. The original was sad and serious, about lost, sadness and hope. This one was about joy, happiness and overcoming things. Ayu was laughing and smiling every time. We can see the difference in forgiveness. The end of BRILLANTE was different, this time she "defeated the demon". We can see a storyline in this concert.

- I don't think she was overdramatic the entire concert. The only one part that I was "gurl please stop" was the last part of Mad World. It was totally unnecessary.

- Loved the new versions of evolution (finishing the song with the lalalala was epic) and ever free, but NEXT LEVEL was really boring. The original one is more emotional.

- Yes, it was my first concert and I Cried in every song, even Catcher In The Light XD

- I never liked Curtain Call but the performance was really powerful. A good song for an encore.

- As always, she slayed in A song for XX. Amazing vocals, lights and performance.

- Saw again backstage people with the 2019 dates shirt. Maybe it will be an upgraded version for the DVD like the last PoM.

- Missed a new song for the 20th like Mirrorcle World and Tell All.

- how beautiful you are was the climax of the concert. An amazing performance and and made me think that it was a concert about overcoming as a lgbt+ person. It fits in the song choices and order with the storytelling and, for me, that was the power of music that she wanted to "project" with this concert.

- We always expect more of Ayu. Every concert she gave us something new or different or something BOOM like a new song with the big cross XD This was really about the essence of the lyrics.

- I wanted more? Yes. If she performed AT06 or RnRC 7 Days Special i would want more too. We will always want more. It's not my favorite tour but not a bad one.


Now I can't wait to go to another tour in 2020! (and really thinking about going to the "special final" in 19)

Nice review!

Now im just hoping on 1st Jan 2019, she will drop A SONG FOR XX ~20TH ANNIVERSARY ver.~

roxaskh2fm 10th July 2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 3277184)
Nice review!

Now im just hoping on 1st Jan 2019, she will drop A SONG FOR XX ~20TH ANNIVERSARY ver.~

MY DREAM! <3

HilaryDuffFanboy 13th July 2018 11:27 PM

How coincidental that, before Power of Music 2011, the tour was changed in response to Tohoku earthquakes. Now, as she heads into the final two dates of Power of Music 2018, Japan has had another natural disaster with death toll around 200 deaths

hayasaki 14th July 2018 03:36 AM

^over the past few years there were also natural disasters that have happened here and eg. Kumamoto Earthquake etc. Japan has been on roll since 2011 :(

Outback 18th July 2018 12:16 PM

Maybe Iīm in Osaka at the Weekend. Then I would like to go to Ayu Concert.
Does anyone know the locations of resellers in Osaka?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.