Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] ayumi hamasaki 「WORDS」 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123783)

BlackSilence 6th September 2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 3249999)
She sounds so good, and it's so... comforting? Very Ayu-ish, and therefore has that sense of nostalgia that permeates all her songs. I'm just so happy to have a new Ayu song, really. I feel like this is what Love Again could have been with a bit more attention given to making the songs feel richer.

this is what i thought. It makes me think of that album for some reason when i listen to this. Actually it makes me think of Melody.


Gosh i'm so out of the loop with her, this was a surprise for me. I knew she worked on news material but was not expecting to get anything for a few months or so.

She sounds lovely in this. yeah, it's a typical Ayu piece, but not bad.

inspire_rmx 6th September 2017 03:47 PM

i really like the song, especially the chrous. definitely way better we are the queens. her voice sound really nice and fitting on this song too! :)

Mirrorcle Monster 6th September 2017 03:55 PM

Wow she is just the master of ballads

JackieRos 6th September 2017 04:06 PM

I love the cover, I'm not into ballads so I haven't listened to it yet.

Aga-chan 6th September 2017 04:23 PM

The lyrics feel a little unusual.

Though I haven't told you
That perfect room
I really hated it


The lyrics are really pretty. Quite sad, maybe even desperate, for such a soft sounding song.

The words "I love you" and
Just being by one's side and
The moments that make me
Forget loneliness and

The warmth of our held hands and
The tenderness of your gaze and
Everything I forgot
You're pointing them out with all your might

marekcarey 6th September 2017 04:27 PM

Romaji:
Nee anata ni iwa zu ni i ta keredo
risou douri no you na ano heya ga
daikirai datta yo

doko ni mo ibasho nante naku te
iki o suru no mo yurusare nai you na
shihai sare ta sekai

demo warattere ba
mou dare mo kanashimaseru koto naku
nantoka yarisugoseru to
omotte ta noni ...

naki nagara nigedashi ta ano hi
hitori ame ni utarete ta
korekara dokoro ga ima sae
wakara nai mama de

tada hitotsu kono yoru ga ake te
hoshiku nai to negatte ta
ashita no ko nai sekai ga moshimo aru no nara to
sagashi te i ta

sou ie ba odayaka na yoru toka
korogaru kurai mawaru yoru da to katte
kono kanji datta ne

mou ashita ni obieru
watashi ja naku natta yo to
itsuka wa ieru hi ga kuru to shinji tai

'aishiteru' no hitokoto da toka
tada soba ni iru koto toka
kodoku o wasure rareru you na
shunkan dattari toka

tsunai da te no nukumori da toka
manazashi no yasashi sa toka
wasure te i ta nanimokamo o
kimi ga seiippai sashi dashite ta

'aishiteru' no hitokoto da toka
tada soba ni iru koto toka
kodoku o wasure rareru you na
shunkan dattari toka

tsunai da te no nukumori da toka
manazashi no yasashi sa toka
wasure te i ta nanimokamo o
kimi ga seiippai sashi dashiteru

himawariii6 6th September 2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aga-chan (Post 3250094)
The lyrics feel a little unusual.

Though I haven't told you
That perfect room
I really hated it


The lyrics are really pretty. Quite sad, maybe even desperate, for such a soft sounding song.

The words "I love you" and
Just being by one's side and
The moments that make me
Forget loneliness and

The warmth of our held hands and
The tenderness of your gaze and
Everything I forgot
You're pointing them out with all your might

The lyrics have a big "A song for XX" (the album) vibe.

AyuWorld 6th September 2017 04:34 PM

Lovely typical standard nostalgic Ayu-ish ballad and with that I mean she is the master of making a ballad that takes me to this sad mellow nostalgic environment in japanese movie where the ending is the main role died because of an illness, and the lover is reminiscing that person.

LOL.

Lovely song. Raw voice. Ayu.

Aga-chan 6th September 2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himawariii6 (Post 3250098)
The lyrics have a big "A song for XX" (the album) vibe.

Yes, they really feel like lyrics she hasn't written in years.

"I've become
Unafraid of mornings"
I want to believe that someday a day will come I can say that


This feels so vulnerable, especially after "nothing can hurt me" We are the QUEENS.

Isicio 6th September 2017 04:38 PM

OMG a new song, the music sounds like 2007, I like it. I hope for a 20th anniversary album on April.

voltron 6th September 2017 04:43 PM

I'm sure a full translation will help, but I'm curious about the title of the song and its meaning/connection.

And hopefully we won't just get a typical Ayu message that says something like, "By now you've all guessed why I called this song WORDS, right? I knew you would understand, my TA."

Aga-chan 6th September 2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3250103)
"By now you've all guessed why I called this song WORDS, right? I knew you would understand, my TA."

LOL

AHAHAHAHA

That's a really accurate depiction.
I really think she should communicate more. I've come here since years ago (more regularly in the past) and I can say that the overall level of understanding is, like, zero. =/

As for the title, there isn't much in the lyrics that indicates anything. I guess it's mostly about her learning to say something and her forgetting words and re-learning them.

Sandy 6th September 2017 05:00 PM

Translation I've gotten + melody + vocals = <3 <3 <3
Three hearts out of five, I like this song, I like anything that comes from the bottom of Ayu's heart ... :)

cosmicfirefly 6th September 2017 05:00 PM

I really like this new song, it's great to hear something after going so long without new material.

Deep snow 6th September 2017 05:30 PM

OH? MY GODS? A new song? :O

Listening to it right now: It's so beautiful!!!

Probably I only have one reservation: The mixing isn't very good (which unfortunately is common in ayu's songs?) (I'm not an expert myself; it just sounds ...a tad noisy? here and there)

AyuCanada 6th September 2017 05:36 PM

Very cute and effective track! I miss this kind of music and it is fun to have new words and melody in that same genre. I don't mind if this song is very "typical" from her, it is what she does best, and I know she will come with a more experimental sound anytime soon (she always alternates with both).

inuxkag 6th September 2017 06:04 PM

I really like this and I'm getting such a mix in terms of vibes from previous songs such as; Sweet Scar, Powder Snow and Summer Diary.

Aderianu 6th September 2017 06:06 PM

composer is Mayuko Maruyama

AyuCanada 6th September 2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3250123)
composer is Mayuko Maruyama

I never searched about her but I did it this morning and saw she is a former member of HAL. She also composed Summer Love.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8...94%B1%E5%AD%90

voltron 6th September 2017 06:15 PM

According to discogs, she has also worked on Inspire, Fairyland, Blue Bird, Labyrinth, Talkin' 2 Myself, Glitter, My Name's Women, You (10th Anniversary), Days, Rule, You Were..., Next Level, and Summer Love


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.