Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MOON / blossom covers (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101935)

adantatu2 23rd June 2010 12:41 AM

I don't know why the people is so crazy, we can see one of three covers, and which is the diference between covers, her expression ??

I'm happy with the cover!!!

love in music 23rd June 2010 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 2399312)
So at this point, TA is STILL down? Kind of crazy because it has been almost 24 hours...

No, it's not still down :P It was down for maybe 90 minutes yesterday but has been up since then. It's just they haven't updated with the new covers. The whole updating the covers at noon thing was a misunderstanding/mistranslation. We don't know when they'll update them now.

tinta_chan 23rd June 2010 12:45 AM

KAWAII!!!!!!

Keiichi_JPU 23rd June 2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adantatu2 (Post 2399317)
I don't know why the people is so crazy, we can see one of three covers, and which is the diference between covers, her expression ??

Exactly. Since Rule / Sparkle, the only difference in her covers seems to be her expression. Or to be more precise: her expression is exactly the same, but the angle is slightly different.

Though I hope she'll pull a Rule/Sparkle and make the two CD-only's very different from the CD+DVD! :)

Zeke. 23rd June 2010 01:16 AM

Well the expression for the CD + DVD is what's really not the greatest regarding this covershoot. It's too awkward. I'm hoping the others will be better :)

milky_way 23rd June 2010 02:09 AM

I like this cover :yes

Kaiouforever 23rd June 2010 02:41 AM

LOVELY! :) The background reminds me of Carols

primavera♥ 23rd June 2010 02:48 AM

^i was wondering if I was the only one who got a carols vibe from that part.

perfectodub 23rd June 2010 03:15 AM

i don't like close-up pictures.
the CD only edition will be awesome!
i preffer the long shots pictures, i think the cover will be like that.

nanakopy87 23rd June 2010 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfectodub (Post 2399420)
i don't like close-up pictures.
the CD only edition will be awesome!
i preffer the long shots pictures, i think the cover will be like that.

o.O
CD only cover announced?

Ranma Matsuri 23rd June 2010 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keiichi_JPU (Post 2399323)
Exactly. Since Rule / Sparkle, the only difference in her covers seems to be her expression. Or to be more precise: her expression is exactly the same, but the angle is slightly different.

Though I hope she'll pull a Rule/Sparkle and make the two CD-only's very different from the CD+DVD! :)

Me too. I want to see more of what she's wearing (or not wearing). :lech I think a far away shot (like BB) would be stunning.

Of course, we'd have to see the rest of the covers first to confirm that. :thud

AyuWorld 23rd June 2010 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranma Matsuri (Post 2399431)
Me too. I want to see more of what she's wearing (or not wearing). :lech I think a far away shot (like BB) would be stunning.

Of course, we'd have to see the rest of the covers first to confirm that. :thud

same here, i would love to see the full body shot,and from different angle,not the one she's staring at us :D

well,patiently waiting for the other 2 covers :yes

SpiceSquad! 23rd June 2010 03:47 AM

the more i see the more im loving this cover.. her eyes is gorgeous.. not a -wow- cover but a good one,

far and FAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR more interesting than S/S ~love is All~

Rurutia 23rd June 2010 03:47 AM

i love the eiko set and the quote "you are not the flower of hell" she is second favorite singer after ayu of course

Ranma Matsuri 23rd June 2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiceSquad! (Post 2399451)
the more i see the more im loving this cover.. her eyes is gorgeous.. not a -wow- cover but a good one,

far and FAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR more interesting than S/S ~love is All~

hehe, same here. :D The cover is so simple yet oddly distracting, I'd never get anything done with that on my wall. lol

LacusClyne 23rd June 2010 04:54 AM

with all this TA unable to update the covers....i feel like running away from AHS, then just wait till i get my cds, then i'll get a surprise when i see them, along with the songs and pv

afterall, the song that i had been dying to hear was MOON and the 3 min version is good enough to satisfy me, i think i can wait till i get my cd to listen to the other songs. but that means that i have to be MIA from FAcebook too, because the covers will sure to be floating around.

hmm....suggestions?

jimex289 23rd June 2010 04:56 AM

She looks very good...but does anyone else think it makes her look older?

Pieces_of_SEVEN 23rd June 2010 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimex289 (Post 2399497)
She looks very good...but does anyone else think it makes her look older?

Not AT ALL, imo.

Queen Bee 23rd June 2010 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimex289 (Post 2399497)
She looks very good...but does anyone else think it makes her look older?

If anything it makes her look younger in my opinion.

mimika 23rd June 2010 05:46 AM

her hand position look weird....

it almost looks like she's holding on her dress/blanket but it's not

C+R+E+AYUMI 23rd June 2010 07:33 AM

i love the peach colour in the background!

VRGRK 23rd June 2010 08:07 AM

she looks to plastic and fake, too much like adoll ontop of the stupid pout that she loves to do. The color scheme used for this isn't particularly intresting either... honestly the No Way to Say cover is way better than this. I wasn't exactly expecting it to be jaw dropping awsome but I wasn't wan't expecting to to be mind numbingly boring either, which is exactly what this cover screams.

Bette cover concepts for this single would have been (but aren't limited to):
CD Only A:
she could have been laying casually on a park bench in an area where there were some kind of cherry blossom trees taken at night under the glissoning moon on a starry night.

CD Only B:
she could have even been in water with blossom petals surrounding her at night under a lit moon with fireflys.

CD + DVD:
she could have been laying in a field of flowers blossoming at night and having the photo taken as such an angle you could see the moon.

ownsarai 23rd June 2010 08:19 AM

I am starting to like the cover more, it's really growing on me a lot. At first I thought 'she looks pretty and it's simple', now I think she is stunning, and I still love the simplicity of it. I do hope there is a shot that is further away, though.
I really like the deji deji pictures of the cover shooting. Cannot wait to see the other covers. :)

Deep snow 23rd June 2010 10:37 AM

wow! kind of blurry, IMO. but pretty nevertheless.
and she's using the same font as "M", did anyone else notice this? (Medici Script, if I'm not mistaken)

aura~ 23rd June 2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LacusClyne (Post 2399496)
with all this TA unable to update the covers....i feel like running away from AHS, then just wait till i get my cds, then i'll get a surprise when i see them, along with the songs and pv

afterall, the song that i had been dying to hear was MOON and the 3 min version is good enough to satisfy me, i think i can wait till i get my cd to listen to the other songs. but that means that i have to be MIA from FAcebook too, because the covers will sure to be floating around.

hmm....suggestions?

After my total win and success with RnRC (not watching any PV or listening to any song) I wanted to do it with the singles too... and even more now I'll get them so fast with EMS XD

I'm not sure about the covers... I can avoid fb... but TA website?? XDD

But I'm gonna try and not watch the PV or listening to any song ^^ For me that MOOM 3min previews is also enough ^^

Midori-chan 23rd June 2010 11:22 AM

@aura~: I always do this.

I order the new release(s) (thanks to EMS I get it VERY fast too! :heart) and only allow myself to look at the covers.
I listen to previews, but not to the whole song(s) and I also don't watch the PV(s).

It's hard, but totally worth it!! ^.^

Nackar_91 23rd June 2010 11:28 AM

Wow, the problems people can have with a cover D :

It's a picture. A picture of Ayu looking like ayu but with a new haircut. No terrible font, no terrible poses, no terrible props, I don't see what could be the problem. Not every cover can be a work of art.

Let's all be glad it just isn't Sunrise/Sunset ~love is all~. I don't hate it as much as some do, but it just looked fake.

Ayu-me 23rd June 2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VRGRK (Post 2399645)
she looks to plastic and fake, too much like adoll ontop of the stupid pout that she loves to do. The color scheme used for this isn't particularly intresting either... honestly the No Way to Say cover is way better than this. I wasn't exactly expecting it to be jaw dropping awsome but I wasn't wan't expecting to to be mind numbingly boring either, which is exactly what this cover screams.

Bette cover concepts for this single would have been (but aren't limited to):
CD Only A:
she could have been laying casually on a park bench in an area where there were some kind of cherry blossom trees taken at night under the glissoning moon on a starry night.

CD Only B:
she could have even been in water with blossom petals surrounding her at night under a lit moon with fireflys.

CD + DVD:
she could have been laying in a field of flowers blossoming at night and having the photo taken as such an angle you could see the moon.

She looks less plastic and fake in this cover than in many other covers/pictures lately. :thud In fact she looks incredibly natural to me. But maybe that's just me?
I'd find it boring if the cover was anything like those examples; I don't find the current cover boring, I find it aesthetically pleasing and relaxing, and very fitting for the songs AND the season.
Sakura + moon + water= done a thousand times before. And the second example makes me think of "glitter/fated"-covers. Not to mention that the moon + flowers concept is predictable, and MOON/blossom is only the titles after all, not the songs themselves, and the current cover feels like it goes better with the songs than if it had been just a moon and some flowers, but that's my opinion. You're of course allowed to have your own.
Agreeing to disagree:
The color scheme is very beautiful in my opinion. Fits perfectly.
I don't find the pout stupid, and I'd much rather have this pout than the S/S pouts or the No way to say pout.
I don't find it boring. I just think some people thinks about how noticeable the cover is (ie flashy, crazy outfits, colorful make-up and glittery backgrounds) instead of the actual art. Just like some people find Mozart incredibly boring and instead wants the dance-beats of some modern club music.
This is my opinion, I stated it as you had stated yours. :) Not meaning to raise arguments, just trying to bring up the positive points of the cover instead of having the same "the cover should have been with a moon and flowers and a long shot, the cover is too boring"-stuff.

jbrat2219 23rd June 2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VRGRK (Post 2399645)
she looks to plastic and fake, too much like adoll ontop of the stupid pout that she loves to do. The color scheme used for this isn't particularly intresting either... honestly the No Way to Say cover is way better than this. I wasn't exactly expecting it to be jaw dropping awsome but I wasn't wan't expecting to to be mind numbingly boring either, which is exactly what this cover screams.

Bette cover concepts for this single would have been (but aren't limited to):
CD Only A:
she could have been laying casually on a park bench in an area where there were some kind of cherry blossom trees taken at night under the glissoning moon on a starry night.

CD Only B:
she could have even been in water with blossom petals surrounding her at night under a lit moon with fireflys.

CD + DVD:
she could have been laying in a field of flowers blossoming at night and having the photo taken as such an angle you could see the moon.

But the songs are NOT about moons and blossoms so to have these concepts would be pointless. Since WHEN does Ayu's recent covers represent the titles in anyway? I'm not sure why people were actually expecting moons and blossoms and then being extremely disappointed. Why does everything have to be so literal with you guys, seriously xD. Please, take it for what it is, not for what you want it to be. Otherwise, you will ALWAYS be disappointed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nackar_91 (Post 2399803)
Wow, the problems people can have with a cover D :

It's a picture. A picture of Ayu looking like ayu but with a new haircut. No terrible font, no terrible poses, no terrible props, I don't see what could be the problem. Not every cover can be a work of art.

Let's all be glad it just isn't Sunrise/Sunset ~love is all~. I don't hate it as much as some do, but it just looked fake.

I'm actually pretty shocked at all the hate this cover is getting. And I'm surprised it never struck anyone that it just might be simple in order to follow up with the rest of the singles to make a visually cohesive cover project. If that were to be the case, moons and blossoms for one and then horses and rainbows for another would just look tacky.

Nackar_91 23rd June 2010 02:45 PM

You always see people saying things like "I want her to do this!", "I want her to make a song like this!", "I want her to look like this!"

There's no problem in fantasizing and all that and being disappointed once in a while, but it's sometimes as if people can never be satisfied. Besides, what exactly do you like about Ayu if you want to change everything she does? D :

Ayu-me 23rd June 2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nackar_91 (Post 2399960)
You always see people saying things like "I want her to do this!", "I want her to make a song like this!", "I want her to look like this!"

There's no problem in fantasizing and all that and being disappointed once in a while, but it's sometimes as if people can never be satisfied. Besides, what exactly do you like about Ayu if you want to change everything she does? D :

I wonder about that too... Sometimes, I can be extremely disappointed with some things she does, and really wish it could be changed (-->S/S covers) but 99% of the time, I accept how things are, how covers look and how songs sound, and most of the time I find that I like it, or I grow to like it. Sometimes I get tired of some stuff and lose interest in it, and sometimes I gain interest in things I never took notice of before. But in the end, I still love Ayu and most of what she does, and accept the things I don't like. No one (not even Ayu) is perfect after all, and no one can please everyone all of the time, but Ayu pleases me most of the time which is more than enough for me. :)
That's simply how life is.You can't change it, so accept it, and it might not be so bad after all. :yes

Teyla 23rd June 2010 03:07 PM

don't start again...

You can't change covers so STOP COMPLAINING! If you don't like it you don't have to look at it!

Lady_Eowyn 23rd June 2010 03:20 PM

^This is a forum sweetie. :) Don't forget that.

My opinion on the cover:

Pros.- 1) It's simple

2) pretty

3) she exudes vulnerability and fragility. And i like that. :)

Con.- the photoshop. AGAIN. :rolleyes there's a lot of it.

so, the photo is ok for ayu standards. :) Nothing amazing, but not horrible either.

And unfortunately, im afraid that some of you guys here need to understand that not everyone can love the covers. I mean, as long as people don't use offensive connotations to express their opinion, i don't see any problem at all. And people believing that users expressing their thoughts have to be shot need to grow up :rolleyes and get a clue. It's just a cover.

njanjayrp 23rd June 2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady_Eowyn (Post 2399998)
^This is a forum sweetie. :) Don't forget that.

Have you visited AHS during the past few days? This thread was a mess, we had posts and posts of spam and the tags were apocalyptic. So yeah while this is a forum and all, people shouldn't spam and keep repeating what has been previously said many times, especially considering their opinion won't change anything :yes Imo pathetic and retarded are some quite offensive words.

Lady_Eowyn 23rd June 2010 03:35 PM

^ no, i haven't and no, i'm not talking about spam. I'm talking about the opinions being expressed, as i clearly stated in my post above. as far as i'm concerned that's the purpose of a forum. :)

AyUmIXx 23rd June 2010 03:38 PM

^ some ppl calling Ayu retarded or whatever harsh just because of the cover haha XD

njanjayrp 23rd June 2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady_Eowyn (Post 2400011)
^ no, i haven't and no, i'm not talking about spam. I'm talking about the opinions being expressed, as i clearly stated in my post above. as far as i'm concerned that's the purpose of a forum. :)

That's alright :) and that is the purpose of the forum as long as people express their opinions in a civil way which wasn't the case yesterday.

Anyways I wonder how different the rest of the covers will really end up being. The CD+DVD is rarely my fave when it comes to singles, so we might be nicely surprised.

Teyla 23rd June 2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 2400008)
Have you visited AHS during the past few days? This thread was a mess, we had posts and posts of spam and the tags were apocalyptic. So yeah while this is a forum and all, people shouldn't spam and keep repeating what has been previously said many times, especially considering their opinion won't change anything :yes Imo pathetic and retarded are some quite offensive words.

:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes

Max_ZZZ 23rd June 2010 04:01 PM

i wonder if people reacted to vogue this way LOL

Lady_Eowyn 23rd June 2010 04:03 PM

@ njanjayrp and AyuMixx: Ok, i've checked the pages, and well... what can i say, i guess you're right. It's just sad. Calling her retarded because of a cover? Oh my God... :rolleyes.


Also, for achange, it would be nice ayu could create something super artistic for a cover ( i really liked you were... and sexy little things videos, for instance :luv2). I know i'm asking for too much since's she's always busy, but i would like that, definitely. :)

njanjayrp 23rd June 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady_Eowyn (Post 2400023)
Also, for achange, it would be nice ayu could create something super artistic for a cover ( i really liked you were... and sexy little things videos, for instance :luv2). I know i'm asking for too much since's she's always busy, but i would like that, definitely. :)

Yeah, I'd like if her covers didn't always have to feature her on them or at least her not posing, but doing something else ^^

AyUmIXx 23rd June 2010 04:21 PM

yep, definitely we want something different and uncommon theme for the covers...like what she ever did in the past..
but still..what's done, it's done~

chestergringo 23rd June 2010 04:51 PM

Thanks!!!

Yumsushi 23rd June 2010 05:05 PM

I dont get her expression. Is she trying to looks sad/vulnerable or confused?

Maemi 23rd June 2010 05:06 PM

Yeah, she definitely reminds me of AZU now :D

AyUta 23rd June 2010 05:49 PM

^ Hm, just a TINY bit. :yes

Dgirl 23rd June 2010 07:34 PM

well.....a little bit disappoints me

Ranma Matsuri 23rd June 2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Let's all be glad it just isn't Sunrise/Sunset ~love is all~.
My god, would people please stop saying that. It's gotten so old. Yes, we should thank the gods this wasn't a SS~lia~ disaster but let's be perfectly honest here, it's not that hard to avoid a atrocity like that.

SS~lia~ was just a rare collision of everything NOT to do in a photo shoot: tacky green screen, unflattering outfit, absolutely fake looking hair, choosing a picture with a weird expression on the subject's face, and top it off with terrible photoshopping that made her look 5 shades darker and you got SS~lia~. I can't think of a single cover she's done before or after that that is worse.

Not saying there hasn't been bad covers or there won't be in the future but there'll probably never be another Ayu cover THAT terrible. It was a rare occurrence. Are we really going to be saying every time an Ayu cover is revealed: "at least it's better then SS?" It just seems like a sorry way to excuse any problems that might be had with her work.

Btw, this is all not directed at you personally but this is like the 20th time I've seen someone say something like this in this thread and I just had to speak my mind. :P

love in music 23rd June 2010 07:43 PM

^ Well they were just a year ago.. if people are still mentioning them by next year it'll be annoying, but I think it's okay here - it was last years summer cover and this is this years summer cover. And yeah, you can't deny this is a huge upgrade even if you don't like it. :P

Ranma Matsuri 23rd June 2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 2400211)
^ Well they were just a year ago.. if people are still mentioning them by next year it'll be annoying, but I think it's okay here - it was last years summer cover and this is this years summer cover. And yeah, you can't deny this is a huge upgrade even if you don't like it. :P

Yeah, when you say it like that it's perfectly reasonable and it is a major step up from last year :yes but I feel like this will probably become a habit with people with future releases and it's kinda annoying. I'm liking this cover more and more but that isn't the case with everyone who's "meh" about them and I feel they should be able to say what they feel without having something from the past constantly bought to their attention.

love in music 23rd June 2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranma Matsuri (Post 2400223)
Yeah, when you say it like that it's perfectly reasonable and it is a major step up from last year :yes but I feel like this will probably become a habit with people with future releases and it's kinda annoying. I'm liking this cover more and more but that isn't the case with everyone who's "meh" about them and I feel they should be able to say what they feel without having something from the past constantly bought to their attention.

Yeah it has kind of been like that with every new photo shoot/cover that came out after S/S. But it still was just a year ago, it will take a little more time I think. I wasn't around during the (miss)understood release but I imagine it took fans some time to get over that too lol. I do support the bashing of members who say they prefer the S/S style to this though..:innocent

Ranma Matsuri 23rd June 2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 2400227)
Yeah it has kind of been like that with every new photo shoot/cover that came out after S/S. But it still was just a year ago, it will take a little more time I think. I wasn't around during the (miss)understood release but I imagine it took fans some time to get over that too lol.

Oh god, I can't even imagine the reactions to m(u) lol. I wasn't around then either but if their reactions were anything like mine when I saw them years later... :laugh

Quote:

I do support the bashing of members who say they prefer the S/S style to this though..:innocent
And I'd have to say I would support that as well. :innocent

cloud♥honey 23rd June 2010 08:24 PM

I'm probably the only one who doesn't hate S/S ~lia~ covers. I mean, she looks even sexy on the CD+DVD imo, the only problems were the setting and the fugly pose

njanjayrp 23rd June 2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud♥honey (Post 2400235)
I'm probably the only one who doesn't hate S/S ~lia~ covers. I mean, she looks even sexy on the CD+DVD imo, the only problems were the setting and the fugly pose

Tbh I only have issues with the background and the over-all design of the package. Her pic is weird but alright.

oneheart 23rd June 2010 08:31 PM

I actually don't mind them that much either (S/S) . She looks okay. The concept was good, the execution not so much. But nevertheless she looks very good.

emikoishida 23rd June 2010 09:36 PM

Kinda reminds me of Yuns Ito's 3rd album more.

http://image.yesasia.com/assets/26/0...1019609926.jpg

hidekirby 23rd June 2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranma Matsuri (Post 2400234)
Oh god, I can't even imagine the reactions to m(u) lol. I wasn't around then either but if their reactions were anything like mine when I saw them years later... :laugh

Actually I think the hate wasn't that... passionate ^^
It wasn't because of bad editing and so on... It was just a "bad" picture (weird smile)...
And we had (m)u CD+DVD cover to say "this one is not that bad though". It wasn't the case for S/S :D

Back on topic: What are they waiting for? I mean 2 days ago they were trying to upload the remaining covers on TA isnt it? Even if the site crashed, it should be ok by now? Shouldn't it?
I don't like impatient people who are asking these kind of things... But now I can't help! Sorry! (RNRC release all over again :innocent)

Kanzaki 23rd June 2010 09:55 PM

It's a pretty girl, with a neutral expression, on a neutral background, with a neutral attire. Oh, and there's a neutral font being used. Along with neutral colors.

What's there to be upset about? And don't give me any "people are entitled to have an opinion!"-blah. I'm asking because I'm really blank here. Like, I don't have any idea why people dislike it so much.

AyusakiFan 23rd June 2010 10:05 PM

I personally think that the CD+DVD cover for this single is very pretty. It's soft and serene just like the moon and a blossom and the tone was set perfectly to represent the singles. But to be honest, I was expecting a little more out of this cover since it is part of the series of singles leading up to her 50th single. I was hoping for something a little more dramatic that would incorporate both the moon and a blossom in a beautiful night scene but obviously they wanted to go for something a little bit more simplistic which is fine. Overall, I'm satisfied with the cover but not blown away.

Ayumiko 23rd June 2010 10:10 PM

Is TA still having problems? I wonder if they are making changes to the other covers. I really hope we'll get a full body shot for one of the covers. I like her dress!

sugarbasil 23rd June 2010 10:15 PM

Are people comparing the cover to other artists' covers because they think she's being unoriginal or that she "stole" it from them or...? I'm just wondering, because I don't particularly think comparing this specific cover to that of others has a point. There's nothing really unique about this cover that makes it original, so I don't think there's a point to compare. :shrug If people are just saying, "her hair looks like this person's" then I'm cool with that. :) But otherwise I just don't get it.


About the cover itself, I like it. It's warm and inviting. It's not breathtaking or the new sliced bread. But it has a fuzzy feeling. I'm cool with that. :) Her hair is pretty, and I think there's something up with her eyes (wth). Though I'm really not seeing this photoshopping everyone's talking about...

Queen Bee 23rd June 2010 10:17 PM

^I think people are comparing her appearance on the cover not the covers themselves what what I can tell. Did that make sense? As for her eyes, I think they've always been like that. I first noticed it on the cover of A BEST.

truehappiness 23rd June 2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Though I'm really not seeing this photoshopping everyone's talking about...
I think it's the sort of soft focus-y effect that gives her skin a bit of a blurred appearance that people are calling "overphotoshopped"... aie.

Queen Bee 23rd June 2010 10:21 PM

^I think what they used was a very light layer of gaussian blur for a style caused the Orton effect. I personally like it on the image.

Edit: Also very bright lights can cause the same effect. Which I think may be the case since part of her shoulder and hair are blown out.

ストロボ・EdGE 24th June 2010 12:45 AM

I can't believe we're all talking about MOON / blossom on MOON / blossom's thread!
This is ridiculous. :no

:P

Ranma Matsuri 24th June 2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE (Post 2400356)
I can't believe we're all talking about MOON / blossom on MOON / blossom's thread!
This is ridiculous. :no

:P

LOL

@KanZaki88: Well, some people just don't like simple or neutral. I agree it's not worth going "omg she looks retarded!" or "I'm cancelling my order!!11!" over but it's understandable why some people wouldn't be impressed by it.

And personally, I don't think the font is "neutral". Neutral to me means something very middle of the road that doesn't really stand out but the effects used on this were very bright and the gradients are a bit overpowering. I rather have had something more "neutral" for the font. :innocent

@sugarbasil: I don't think anybody's trying to imply that she's "ripping off anybody" they're just saying what her look reminds them of. Not that I agree with some of the comparisons. ;)

LacusClyne 24th June 2010 02:20 AM

I se that we are getting to 500 posts without the other 2 cd only covers!
When are they going to be out ???

SpiceSquad! 24th June 2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 2400297)
I think it's the sort of soft focus-y effect that gives her skin a bit of a blurred appearance that people are calling "overphotoshopped"... aie.

:yes

in photography we do have special lenses that give this kind of special effect, soft and blury.

so GUYS, please don't always easily say its over-photoshoped

agashi 24th June 2010 02:47 AM

agreed!:D
a little bit blurred and soft in photography called... "Bokeh" its not over photoshopped...since photoshop can't make effect like that... :)

Queen Bee 24th June 2010 02:58 AM

^Well if I'm not mistaken bokeh is where the foreground of the image is soft but the main story/subject is blurred out in the background so I don't think the cover qualifies as bokeh since the whole image is slightly soft.

agashi 24th June 2010 03:04 AM

ah isee i see, you right~ :D...maybe we can see wehre the blurred part in this cover if we have bigger n HQ cover^^
and i think arond her hair little bit blurred...

majrakun 24th June 2010 03:13 AM

weren't the original photos she uploaded in TAdiary quite soft and blurry too? Unless she tampered with them too, I think it's a lens effect rather than a photoshop one.

Queen Bee 24th June 2010 03:21 AM

^They were a little soft and I agree I don't think it was photoshop but I'm not sure if it was a lens either. I think the soft look may be due to the intense lighting that was going on behind her. I think it might actually be a result of lens flare.

tokyoxjapanxfan 24th June 2010 03:50 AM

@majrakun, I love your signature :O
I like how you made her eyes blue *_*
and how ayu stands out more and isn't so...light haha

Spoiler:
at first I thought you gave her a beauty mark, but it was something on my screen xD

Ranma Matsuri 24th June 2010 04:45 AM

All this photography talk is making my head spin. XP lol

AyuWorld 24th June 2010 05:56 AM

OMG its almost reach to the 500 post but we keep talking about the lighting,the colors,angle etc XDD

n wth the other 2 covers? =.=

love in music 24th June 2010 05:57 AM

Maybe they're still shooting the other covers since they're supposed to be different with flowers and stuff.. idk.

ExodusUK 24th June 2010 05:58 AM

I like the cover..

truehappiness 24th June 2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 2400592)
Maybe they're still shooting the other covers since they're supposed to be different with flowers and stuff.. idk.

Nah, they were all done at the same time. They might just be waiting to release them all at once on the official site and TA or something.

The CD+DVD cover we have isn't even on the official site yet, huh?

Kingdom 24th June 2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemi (Post 2400075)

Oh, I would have love for something like these to be the M / b covers! That girl is ridiculously cute.

love in music 24th June 2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 2400596)
Nah, they were all done at the same time. They might just be waiting to release them all at once on the official site and TA or something.

The CD+DVD cover we have isn't even on the official site yet, huh?

oic but.. there's supposed to be flowers right? I didn't see any from the offshot pics anywhere lol

truehappiness 24th June 2010 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 2400600)
oic but.. there's supposed to be flowers right? I didn't see any from the offshot pics anywhere lol

They might be added in post production or something? Who knows, really...

I just want to see them so I don't have to guess, haha.

SURREAL__RAINBOW 24th June 2010 08:13 AM

i wonder if theres gonna be anything special about the obis this time :)

flyingpotato__ 24th June 2010 08:33 AM

The cover is beautiful *O*

Luja. 24th June 2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 2400596)
The CD+DVD cover we have isn't even on the official site yet, huh?

I think it's a bit strange that the cover isn't on the official site yet but already at YA. :laugh Just saw it there yesterday.

noisy_harmony 24th June 2010 09:16 AM

I love how she's looking here... But this font is big NO to me.

Chiharo 24th June 2010 11:07 AM

Her eyes look kind of weird, I don't like her face there at all.

Zeke. 24th June 2010 11:16 AM

I really think it's her mouth that just throws it all off for me. If I cover her mouth, it looks ok. The upper lip part underneath her left eye is higher than the right side.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...g?t=1277374544

I guess her right eye could look better too. It looks like the curve where the tear ducts are is awkward compared to the position of her left eye.

I know I'm picking it apart and really, what good will it do? Nothing. Idk, just critiquing I guess. Lol.

Andali 24th June 2010 11:46 AM

hmm, not too bad I guess. There's been worse lol

AyUmIXx 24th June 2010 12:19 PM

about her mouth..
i think it's just a trend to have such mouth-pose...
i saw many girls doing the same thing..not only in Japan..just girls in Asia~

Keiichi_JPU 24th June 2010 12:36 PM

Damn, this has to be the most over-analyzed cover ever.

Even for S/S we just all agreed it's ugly.

I like this cover, I think it's gorgeous, but it looks more like a magazine shoot which disappointed me a little. But hey I'll get over it, especially cause the PV is gonna be awesome!

extepan 24th June 2010 01:21 PM

thanks....but i don't like it....looks like a porn star's hairstyle

SURREAL__RAINBOW 24th June 2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extepan (Post 2400871)
thanks....but i don't like it....looks like a porn star's hairstyle


LOL

omg... now I've heard/seen it all :thud

Keiichi_JPU 24th June 2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extepan (Post 2400871)
thanks....but i don't like it....looks like a porn star's hairstyle

LMAO

hahahahaha

Out of all the things you could possibly say about her, you say she looks like a pornstar??
That's ridiculous! I didn't even know pornstars had particular haircuts.

Epic quote! :laugh

rian_hamasaki 24th June 2010 01:43 PM

the font/text sucks!!

njanjayrp 24th June 2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keiichi_JPU (Post 2400888)
LMAO

hahahahaha

Out of all the things you could possibly say about her, you say she looks like a pornstar??
That's ridiculous! I didn't even know pornstars had particular haircuts.

Epic quote! :laugh

Indeed. It would be another thing if she was doing this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BY5Z9C6Ecg...rst_things.jpg

I've never heard of so cold porn-haircuts and even if they do exist I think they are referring to the hairstyles in the places which thankfully Ayu hasn't had an urge to show us ^^

Cherry Dynamite 24th June 2010 01:54 PM

You can know the people who watches way too much porn in this thread :D

primavera♥ 24th June 2010 02:20 PM

So my cousin and brother (a pre-teen girl and a teenage boy) saw me looking at the cover. So I asked them to critique it. They don't know ayu well so no bias.
They said her eyes looked weird. Her nose was ugly and strange...it was okay but they were just so messed up
I was surprised at their response. I asked them about the mouth. They thought it was pretty and gorgeous and fine. When I mentioned that's what most are complaining about they were bewildered.

Just a weird occurence for me. So in vivi. The photos look nice as far as poses go. I hope the alternate covers will have those

SURREAL__RAINBOW 24th June 2010 02:25 PM

I always ask people and they always say she looks pretty :/

so meh people is always overreacting... SPECIALLY in this forum... not sure why lol



this forum is like a magnet for... interesting people O.O

Antonio Ruiz 24th June 2010 02:48 PM

What's the problem with the font? Some people...they're never happy! The font is one of the best ever...and I really mean it.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.