Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New digital single 'Mask' out November 18th, 2022 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125596)

kotora 17th November 2022 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriStar (Post 3354357)
I really enjoyed the first preview, but this longer preview now makes me scared of something like "feel the love" in the end of it.


0.04 She needs to make that mirror and sell it in tour... so iconic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3354366)
Huh…
Not the direction I was hoping for after the first preview :-|

Here’s hoping the full song proves me wrong!

I dont expect anything from this song anymore. I just check what she posts on social media and then close it but then I saw that mirror in the clip.

Katsuyuki012 17th November 2022 09:36 AM

The cover looks modern, sexy & very chic! It's definitely my favourite out of the ones we got since 2020.

I'm very excited to hear the song!! I expected something completely different at first (like most people) but I already enjoy the preview (that "lalalala..." :heart).

Foyuki 17th November 2022 11:09 AM

full song
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=90895C...895C9A61D01B37
Dislike TK

Katsuyuki012 17th November 2022 11:18 AM

It's really nice, also very TK (made me think of Globe) but in a good way. :)

koumori 17th November 2022 11:31 AM

I love it so much :weep

maxikot 17th November 2022 11:39 AM

I love it and it will stay in my loop for quite some time. Can't wait for the video now!

AyuCanada 17th November 2022 11:43 AM

Thank you for sharing!

It is alright. I like it better than Summer again already... and probably equally to Non-fiction... But I might end up prefering Non-Fiction on the long run. I think what I prefer in this new song is the last minute, both the vocals and the music sounds nice in the ending part. The bridge is cool, the verses and the chorus are just OK. This is far far far away from the level of Crossroads.

summerain 17th November 2022 11:48 AM

I liked it very much. I guess it will pair fair well with Dreamed a Dream in the album.

CeReSu 17th November 2022 12:09 PM

It is alright I think but not really my cup of tea.... Summer Again and Non Fiction are better for me.

krtman2002 17th November 2022 12:11 PM

OMG, I can't download it, it says there is an error with the file. Can somebody create a mirror? Thank you so much!

Sim' 17th November 2022 12:15 PM

Very TK / globe indeed, thanks for sharing.
I don't hate it, it's an okay song that might grow on me a bit later, but definitely not a bop like crossroad was (instant hit, my favourite track on Love songs)
I can see why she made it a single though, at least I won't skip it like Summer Again on the next album (sorry but that song is still a no for me personally)
Now let's wait for the lyrics to see how "sad yet powerful" the message can be...

The best song she released since TROUBLE remains Dream a Dream for me #bop

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuCanada (Post 3354414)
Thank you for sharing!

It is alright. I like it better than Summer again already... and probably equally to Non-fiction... But I might end up prefering Non-Fiction on the long run. I think what I prefer in this new song is the last minute, both the vocals and the music sounds nice in the ending part. The bridge is cool, the verses and the chorus are just OK. This is far far far away from the level of Crossroads.

Amen to all this ! :yes

krtman2002 17th November 2022 12:35 PM

First, thank you so much for the file.

I already listened to it and... it's very Ayuish. I think I need to read the translation before giving an opinion about the song. But I think I like it. The problem is that even though I defend dancing ayu songs, I miss a true sad ballad. You know? Those ones like Last Minute, that with the first piano notes you FEEL the lyrics.

But it's a good song. Not what I expected by her words about it, but a good song.

kelvinkhew 17th November 2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krtman2002 (Post 3354417)
OMG, I can't download it, it says there is an error with the file. Can somebody create a mirror? Thank you so much!

i listen from here
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1X8...card.all.click

Uknow! 17th November 2022 12:38 PM

I uploaded the song :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ktv...ew?usp=sharing

krtman2002 17th November 2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uknow! (Post 3354421)

Gracias!! :)

Did you like the song?

Ad Eternam 17th November 2022 01:05 PM

Thank you so much for sharing!

I just listened to it twice and I already love it! Can't wait to listen to it on loop :P

Uknow! 17th November 2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krtman2002 (Post 3354423)
Gracias!! :)

Did you like the song?

I liked it a lot, but I was expecting something very different because of the details Ayu had shared. I like the chorus and I appreciate that her voice doesn't sound as high-pitched as in other songs.

voltron 17th November 2022 01:09 PM

Thanks for sharing!

I'm really loving it, even if I was expecting something deeper and darker sounding. Yes, it's a bit generic globe-y, but it's such a throwback bop - and sonically on trend with the 90's resurgence right now. It honestly makes me a bit nostalgic for that period in J-POP, when it was a sound all its own.

kyo_arayuru 17th November 2022 01:13 PM

I really love this song make me feel happy and sad in the same time
I really need the complete lyrics

kotora 17th November 2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foyuki (Post 3354410)

I can listen this song once and forget it. Typical TK song with no climax. Very flat.

https://i.giphy.com/media/3Hw9ggazsWYtC8YzJW/giphy.webp


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.