Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   30 Day Song Challenge ~Ayu ver.~ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124817)

Toniayu123 13th April 2020 07:38 AM

Day 12: this means before becoming a fan right? I’m going with Blue bird. I remember listening to blue bird and independent nonstop and imagined that was what people danced to in Japan’s disco lol

~angel*ayumi~ 13th April 2020 08:42 AM

Spoiler:
Day 1 - RAINBOW - because it´s just awesome, but monochrome is very near behind^^

Day 2 - HANABI ~episode II~ - This is a tough one because she has many good songs with numbers, but I just love both HANABI songs <3

Day 3 - fairyland - also a though one, because she has so many great summer songs, but I just love fairyland <3

Day 4 - how beautiful you are - That is hard because I have no song that reminds me of someone I want to forget so I choose hbya because much of us were maybe bullied in school, because we weren´t beautiful, cool, or just wasn´t what ppl whould call normal standard.

Day 5 - Bold & Delicious - You can´t play this song quietly xD

Day 6 - Humming 7/4 - Also a very hard one because she has so many songs I want to dance xD

Day 7 - Sunrise ~LOVE is all~ - I often hear it in the bus

Day 8 - Party Queen - As Teppei said, i also can´t think of any other song that is about drugs/alcohol, unless you call love a drug, then she has plenty xD

Day 9 - + - sooo hard, there are so many songs that make me happy.

Day 10 - teddy bear - She has a bunch of sad songs but this is the first that comes to my mind, even before memorial address

Day 11 - A Song for XX - I also go with ASfXX as it´s my absolute fave Ayu song, I will never get tierd of it xD Best is A Ballads Version.


Day 12 - immature - Not so much choice but still hard xD I am fan since Duty^^

Teppei-chan 13th April 2020 09:44 AM

Spoiler:
Day 01: A song you like with a colour in the title
RAINBOW
RAINBOW is such a soft and calm Song ans I love that about

Day 02: A song you like with a number in the title
1 Love
I choose this one because I really got into Ayu a few month before this song and Secret got release. Still Love it but I choose it more for the nostalgia behind it

Day 03: A song that reminds you of summertime
NEXT LEVEL
This is a song I often listen to when the sun is out. I don't know but it always gives me a good vibe and makes me wanna go outside and relax in the sun

Day 04: A song that reminds you of someone you’d rather forget
crossroad
Well... I cried my heart out over a boy listening to this song. This guy had the guts to ignore me after a while and years later mde me hope tht this time it would work out.... only to get told via text message that he still h something for his stupid girl.
It sucks because crossroad is one of my most favourite Ayu songs but sometimes it reminds me of this guy. If only crossroad game out a little bit later

Day 05: A song that needs to be played loud
Terminal
I think this one needs no further explanation and speaks for itself

Day 06: A song that makes you want to dance[
Trauma
This on is hard. I'm Not someone who dances alot but If I feel Like Dancing I choose whatever I Like at that moment. But I'm going to choose Trauma as I Always feel the urge to do the little dance moves when I listen to it

Day 07: A song for riding the train
Born to Be
Since I have my own car I don't Ride the train as much as I used to but I Always found myself enjoying listening to Born to Be alot. It's easy to forget your sorrows and just enjoy the ride with this song

Day 08: A song about drugs or alcohol
Party Queen
The First one that came to mind. And isn't this the only one she has that are about alcohol/drugs?

Day 09: A song that makes you happy
Greatful days
It's such a cheerful feel-good song for me that makes it easy to enjoy the moment and only think about Happy things. The eurobeat remix of glitter from ayu-ro mix 4 ís a close second

Day 10: A song that makes you sad
reminds me
The lyrics for this song are so great and everytime I read them I get a little sad because they well, reminds me, of sad times from the past

Day 11: A song you never get tired of
A Song for XX
One of my all time favourite and one of the only songs that I listen to everytime it comes up[




Day 12: A song from your pre Ayu fan days
Ladies Night
The first time I heard about Ayumi was reading an articel from a german Manga magazine, it was around 2002/03 and I decided that "now I'm a fan of her". I only knew 1 one Song ( connected) at that time and nowadays woudn't call it being a fan. I got to know more of Ayu and her music in 2006 around th Release of Blue Bird. So that gives me a lot of stuff to choose from, which is hard XD Ladies Night was one of the first Songs that came to my mind.

xLuna&1LOVE 13th April 2020 10:08 AM

Day 12 - M

Technically, Depend on You is my first Ayu-song ever. Back in time where I made my own CD's, I burned DoY with a bunch of other songs I could find on the internet. One of them was M and it was my favourite. I forced every kid that played in my room to listen to M. Most of them even liked it.
Then I found out about YouTube and discovered the PV. I thought Ayu was so beautiful and her vibe was like magic to me. After that I considered myself fan.
It was another song (GAME) that made me next level fan, in terms that I also joined AHS and started listening properly to albums etc. Before that, I listened to the downloads randomly found. M sticks out for me and has that special place in my heart. It reminds me of the days I started discovering her and how every new song I found out about was amazing.


P.s. This is the most interesting entry so far imo. I love reading your experiences.

*Petit* 13th April 2020 11:51 AM

Day 12 - M

I first heard ayu's music around 2004 I think, right after moments. But almost all of my favorite songs are from pre 2004.

//ABEST 13th April 2020 12:17 PM

Spoiler:
01 - GREEN
It was the first new release I was aware of after I found ayu in 2008. It has a special place in my heart as well as Days because duh, GREEN/Days / Days/GREEN

02 - Song 4 U
It was one of the prime eras I had with ayu when this came out. Song 4 U is my motivation song with
"What was it? Who was it?
That made you decide that somehow
you could try to move forward once more"

03 - You & Me
ayu has so many summer bops but for some reason it's You & Me even tho it's not my favorite summer song

04 - NOW & 4EVA
well shortly my ex who basically ruined my life at that time

05 - Terminal
does it really need explaining? Armin did a good job with this one, still get the chills when the best drops

06 - Lelio
it's really hard to listen to this song and not dance that choreography

07 - monochrome
i dont know why but this was the first song that came to my mind. it's so melancholic like a dream so it would fit traveling perfectly! just sitting there and watch outside of the window while everything passes by

08 - Party Queen
because this might be the only one? which is funny how in kpop there are many songs which have lyrics about alcohol and drugs yet ayu doesn't have any.. is it cultural or is ayu just pure and sweet?

09 - EnergizE
how can I be sad or moody while listening to this? oh hell no!!

10 - Secret
it's just an vulnerable song full of emotion

11 - Mirrorcle World
my ultimate number 1 song from ayu since 2008 and will always be! I found ayu in 2008 and actually i can still remember visiting her official avex website somewhere near april/may 2008 when there was Mirrorcle World theme. this song reminds me of my 14 yo self yet it still fits in my life now even after 12 years later. I actually played this song like 24/7 in january/february 2020 after watching Promised Land because it took me to the memory lane

12 - Real me
I became a fan of her around may/june 2008 and Real me was my first ayu song ever iirc in march 2008. it was through last.fm when you could still listen songs via that scrobbled they had (idk if it's still the same?). i wasn't that big fan of Real me until I saw that legendary PREMIUM COUNTDOWN LIVE performance and fell in love with it right away! I learned that choreography completely with every moves ayu made while performing because it was just soo cool back then! I'm pretty confident I could still remember it mostly if I tried

Chibi-Chan 13th April 2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 3317584)
P.s. This is the most interesting entry so far imo. I love reading your experiences.

Right? I thought so, too and was very excited to read everyone's entries!

Kacku 13th April 2020 01:27 PM

Day 12: A song from your pre Ayu fan days
I was introduced to Ayu in Spring 2008. A friend who was more involved in all things Japanese let me copy a bunch of songs from her mp3 player, and that bunch included five Ayu songs: Because of You, Dearest, evolution, is this LOVE? and no more words. I liked all of them pretty much instantly (and love all of them dearly to this day), but the one that hit me the strongest early on was Dearest. I would replay it on loop for a long time and eventually I started seeking out more information about the singer and then kept finding more songs I fell in love with.

Spoiler:
Day 01: A song you like with a colour in the title
monochrome

Day 02: A song you like with a number in the title
theme of a-nation '03

Day 03: A song that reminds you of summertime
count down

Day 04: A song that reminds you of someone you’d rather forget
Lady Dynamite

Day 05: A song that needs to be played loud
alterna

Day 06: A song that makes you want to dance
SCAR

Day 07: A song for riding the train
connected

Day 08: A song about drugs or alcohol
Letter

Day 09: A song that makes you happy
NEXT LEVEL

Day 10: A song that makes you sad
untitled ~for her~

Day 11: A song you never get tired of
SURREAL

voltron 13th April 2020 02:08 PM

Day 12: A song from your pre Ayu fan days
My first Ayu song was Kanariya, which a friend of mine from a different forum had suggested I download from Kazaa (lol). So that leaves me with anything from ASFXX or LOVEppears. I'll go with YOU. There's something so bittersweet sounding about this song, it has such an aura. This is also a song that I really love when she sings in her more recent voice, as well - it really adds another layer to it.

Sky High 13th April 2020 02:34 PM

Day 12: A song from your pre Ayu fan days

Two of us - rub delight mix - this was my first tune from her, hip-hop version of this song never gets old (even if it is actually old :D ), sounds soo different from rest of her discography.

summerain 13th April 2020 02:59 PM

Day 06: A song that makes you want to dance
Feel the love. It's an underrated song and I love the arrangement of this one.

Day 07: A song for riding the train
progress. The slow-paced intro and the explosion right after is a perfect match with a moving landscape.

Day 08: A song about drugs or alcohol
Letter. Party Queen is one of her darkest and mature albums and maybe it's the only one that she directly addresses about drugs and alcohol. I really love the emptiness of the arrangement of the title track, it fits so well with the sense of detachment we feel when we are drunk and lonely, but I choose Letter for its sincerity.

Day 09: A song that makes you happy
NEXT LEVEL. I really love the "look at the sky and feel the breeze embracing you" vibe this song evokes!

Day 10: A song that makes you sad
Over. I was watching PCDL and noticed how sorrowful this song is.

Day 11: A song you never get tired of
Mirrorcle World and Who..., specially the latter. Not a fan of MY ALL, so I'm always really happy when she ends the show with it.

Day 12: A song from your pre Ayu fan days
I would say Dearest, cause it was the first song I heard, but I'll pick still alone. I've downloaded it because I thought it was an InuYasha insert song. Great song, but she didn't captivated me until Bold & Delicious.

Aderianu 13th April 2020 03:29 PM

Day 12: M Above and beyond mix
I was in love with this song even before I knew who is ayu

Yumsushi 13th April 2020 04:44 PM

Day 12: M was the first Ayu song I heard/saw when she performed it at the MTV movie Awards in the early 2000s.

Ayumi Romania 13th April 2020 05:30 PM

Day 12: A song from your pre Ayu fan days

Surreal

I saw a video on Youtube about a game. The first time I didn't pay attention to the backround music. Then I watched the video again to listen carefuly and that was it!

Yumsushi 14th April 2020 04:28 AM

Day 13: my favorite ayu 90s song is appears

Teppei-chan 14th April 2020 08:21 AM

Spoiler:
Day 01: A song you like with a colour in the title
RAINBOW
RAINBOW is such a soft and calm Song ans I love that about

Day 02: A song you like with a number in the title
1 Love
I choose this one because I really got into Ayu a few month before this song and Secret got release. Still Love it but I choose it more for the nostalgia behind it

Day 03: A song that reminds you of summertime
NEXT LEVEL
This is a song I often listen to when the sun is out. I don't know but it always gives me a good vibe and makes me wanna go outside and relax in the sun

Day 04: A song that reminds you of someone you’d rather forget
crossroad
Well... I cried my heart out over a boy listening to this song. This guy had the guts to ignore me after a while and years later mde me hope tht this time it would work out.... only to get told via text message that he still h something for his stupid girl.
It sucks because crossroad is one of my most favourite Ayu songs but sometimes it reminds me of this guy. If only crossroad game out a little bit later

Day 05: A song that needs to be played loud
Terminal
I think this one needs no further explanation and speaks for itself

Day 06: A song that makes you want to dance[
Trauma
This on is hard. I'm Not someone who dances alot but If I feel Like Dancing I choose whatever I Like at that moment. But I'm going to choose Trauma as I Always feel the urge to do the little dance moves when I listen to it

Day 07: A song for riding the train
Born to Be
Since I have my own car I don't Ride the train as much as I used to but I Always found myself enjoying listening to Born to Be alot. It's easy to forget your sorrows and just enjoy the ride with this song

Day 08: A song about drugs or alcohol
Party Queen
The First one that came to mind. And isn't this the only one she has that are about alcohol/drugs?

Day 09: A song that makes you happy
Greatful days
It's such a cheerful feel-good song for me that makes it easy to enjoy the moment and only think about Happy things. The eurobeat remix of glitter from ayu-ro mix 4 ís a close second

Day 10: A song that makes you sad
reminds me
The lyrics for this song are so great and everytime I read them I get a little sad because they well, reminds me, of sad times from the past

Day 11: A song you never get tired of
A Song for XX
One of my all time favourite and one of the only songs that I listen to everytime it comes up[

Day 12: A song from your pre Ayu fan days
Ladies Night
The first time I heard about Ayumi was reading an articel from a german Manga magazine, it was around 2002/03 and I decided that "now I'm a fan of her". I only knew 1 one Song ( connected) at that time and nowadays woudn't call it being a fan. I got to know more of Ayu and her music in 2006 around th Release of Blue Bird. So that gives me a lot of stuff to choose from, which is hard XD Ladies Night was one of the first Songs that came to my mind




Day 13: A song you like from the 90s
kanariya "Jonathan Peters' Vocal Club Mix"
Ever since I first watched the the PV I'm in Love with this Version of kanariya, it's Not the full remix that Í like because it's waaaay to long imo but the part that ís also being used in the PV is perfection. As for the original Hidden track version one LOVEppears: I also love this one and that it gives the song a complete other and unique feeling.

xLuna&1LOVE 14th April 2020 08:55 AM

Day 13 - And Then

Ugh, dard choice between And Then, End Roll and TO BE.
But I listen to End Roll A BEST version and TO BE A BALLADS version, so actually And Then is the most 90's from these picks.
It doesn't matter because And Then is a great pick, and the edgiest song of LOVEppears, imo

Previous entries:
Spoiler:

Day 1 - RAINBOW
Day 2 - 1 LOVE
Day 3 - July 1st
Day 4 - SCAR
Day 5 - WARNING
Day 6 - rollin'
Day 7 - Love song
Day 8 - Party Queen
Day 9 - STEP you
Day 10 - End Roll
Day 11 - BRILLANTE
Day 12 - M

~angel*ayumi~ 14th April 2020 08:56 AM

Spoiler:
Day 1 - RAINBOW - because it´s just awesome, but monochrome is very near behind^^

Day 2 - HANABI ~episode II~ - This is a tough one because she has many good songs with numbers, but I just love both HANABI songs <3

Day 3 - fairyland - also a though one, because she has so many great summer songs, but I just love fairyland <3

Day 4 - how beautiful you are - That is hard because I have no song that reminds me of someone I want to forget so I choose hbya because much of us were maybe bullied in school, because we weren´t beautiful, cool, or just wasn´t what ppl whould call normal standard.

Day 5 - Bold & Delicious - You can´t play this song quietly xD

Day 6 - Humming 7/4 - Also a very hard one because she has so many songs I want to dance xD

Day 7 - Sunrise ~LOVE is all~ - I often hear it in the bus

Day 8 - Party Queen - As Teppei said, i also can´t think of any other song that is about drugs/alcohol, unless you call love a drug, then she has plenty xD

Day 9 - + - sooo hard, there are so many songs that make me happy.

Day 10 - teddy bear - She has a bunch of sad songs but this is the first that comes to my mind, even before memorial address

Day 11 - A Song for XX - I also go with ASfXX as it´s my absolute fave Ayu song, I will never get tierd of it xD Best is A Ballads Version.

Day 12 - immature - Not so much choice but still hard xD I am fan since Duty^^


Day 13 - A Song for XX - Easy as this my all time fave song from her^^

Aderianu 14th April 2020 08:59 AM

Day 13: A Song for XX
Not a huge fan of first albums, but this song is outstanding.

//ABEST 14th April 2020 01:43 PM

Spoiler:
01 - GREEN
It was the first new release I was aware of after I found ayu in 2008. It has a special place in my heart as well as Days because duh, GREEN/Days / Days/GREEN

02 - Song 4 U
It was one of the prime eras I had with ayu when this came out. Song 4 U is my motivation song with
"What was it? Who was it?
That made you decide that somehow
you could try to move forward once more"

03 - You & Me
ayu has so many summer bops but for some reason it's You & Me even tho it's not my favorite summer song

04 - NOW & 4EVA
well shortly my ex who basically ruined my life at that time

05 - Terminal
does it really need explaining? Armin did a good job with this one, still get the chills when the best drops

06 - Lelio
it's really hard to listen to this song and not dance that choreography

07 - monochrome
i dont know why but this was the first song that came to my mind. it's so melancholic like a dream so it would fit traveling perfectly! just sitting there and watch outside of the window while everything passes by

08 - Party Queen
because this might be the only one? which is funny how in kpop there are many songs which have lyrics about alcohol and drugs yet ayu doesn't have any.. is it cultural or is ayu just pure and sweet?

09 - EnergizE
how can I be sad or moody while listening to this? oh hell no!!

10 - Secret
it's just an vulnerable song full of emotion

11 - Mirrorcle World
my ultimate number 1 song from ayu since 2008 and will always be! I found ayu in 2008 and actually i can still remember visiting her official avex website somewhere near april/may 2008 when there was Mirrorcle World theme. this song reminds me of my 14 yo self yet it still fits in my life now even after 12 years later. I actually played this song like 24/7 in january/february 2020 after watching Promised Land because it took me to the memory lane

12 - Real me
I became a fan of her around may/june 2008 and Real me was my first ayu song ever iirc in march 2008. it was through last.fm when you could still listen songs via that scrobbled they had (idk if it's still the same?). i wasn't that big fan of Real me until I saw that legendary PREMIUM COUNTDOWN LIVE performance and fell in love with it right away! I learned that choreography completely with every moves ayu made while performing because it was just soo cool back then! I'm pretty confident I could still remember it mostly if I tried


13 - Trust
I don't even know why I love this song so much. A Song for ×× as an album have so many underrated gems


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.