![]() |
NEW BEST?
ok after hearing Utada is having a best album after only TWO more albums,
I must inquire: do people actually think she needs more albums after the upcoming one before a best? I know it's asked before but we basically have every single now, there's a whole whopping: approx. 26 songs from singles, give or take a few by opinion but that's frikken 26 songs which is like 2 disks already there's again approx. 11 album promo tracks which by the last album she could consider placing on the new best, with the new album let's even say another 2/3 songs! that's give or take a total of like 50 songs... LOL let's say she even starts after A COMPLETE, that's still a total of 34 songs 34!! that's again a good two disks, who knows if the number is actually around 50 then what'll happen so you guys be the judges but i smell another ugly 2 part BEST (i wish it were just one album...) maybe around feb like AB2 too?? that could be why they're getting back to winter album release time... |
i have this huge feeling that shes going to release an winter album at the end of this year (everyone seems to think that shes going to release an album this winter), then next year release a best album, then announce a possible ASIA TOUR 2011..sounds like the secret-A BEST 2 era all over again..maybe i'm thinking too much -______-
|
^wow, make sense. I wish it'll come true like what u've said :P
|
I think she will release the album next year, and even if i would love to have it on January i think she should rest and release it on March. and the Best album, i don't want it to be released, i would wait at least two more years
|
not another best album please!
but i am welcoming a new studio album ^^ |
I actually think it would have been better for A COMPLETE to be released this year with all 50 of her singles. but whatever, now I don't think they'll release any sort of best album for a while. I certainly don't want another one right now either.
|
I'm hoping 1-2 more albums before they do another best. I hope she gets her next album out before Christmas, because that will help her sales, then she's not contractually bound to produce another album until March 2012....is she? Ahaha :P
I think a new best collection should start on a clean slate and have songs not featured on any best collection previously... |
I'd love a themed best album like A BALLADS right now ^_^
|
No thanks.
|
guys in 2 years she's going to basically have over like 65+ songs to fit into maybe 2 disks, how can she not release one soon LOL
|
i don't hope she release a new compilation cd this and next year.unless she make it as special as a complete,or i think i'll skip this new best cd
|
December 2006-January 2007 situation coming close!? I think it might be a good time to make such release soon...
|
Hopefully not. It'll be great if she doesn't release any BEST of until her 15th anniversary.
|
If you add up all the A-sides she's released since Mirrorcle World, there's 13
1. Days 2. GREEN 3. Rule 4. Sparkle 5. Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ 6. Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ 7. You were... 8. BALLAD 9. MOON 10. blossom 11. crossroad 12. Virgin road 13. Sweet Season easily fit on #1 disc add on 3 extra songs.....A BEST 3. |
honestly also A COMPLETE was too much...A BEST II was understandable, she released a lot after A BEST but it would sound like a joke if she produces a new best..
|
I wouldn't care for a new best album (even though I did buy A BEST 2, both versions, and A COMPLETE :laugh) but I wouldn't mind if she does and goes the A BEST 2 route and performs a bunch of classic songs on TV again :heart!
|
what i would like the most would be a complete clip box 2 after her next album. I love pv collections the most, but when it comes to a new best album, for me i wouldn't mind a new one but i would like it to just be a a cd and cd-dvd thing. having muti disc/muti-version get kind of confusing and a little too much.
|
Why's everyone opposed to another best-of?
1) Best-of's traditionally sell ridiculously well, so that'd be good if Ayu sold to people outside the usual several hundred thousand who always buy her CDs no matter what. More money for Ayu = good. 2) Ayu gets more money but doesn't have to do any extra work? Yes! The girl needs a break every now & then. Not that she'd take one, but hey! A best-of for her is like paid vacation time for us normal non-celebrity folk. 3) Packaging and bonuses for best-ofs are always pretty awesome. I mean, no one's forcing you to buy it if you can't afford it or don't support the practice of best-ofs, but if you DO buy it, you get awesomeness out of it. I personally haven't bought any of ayu's best-ofs though, I've never felt I was cheated out of money or anything. So I guess I don't really understand why people complain about them so much... o_O |
^Best albums sells ridiculously well until u start releasing one every two years... When u do that, they sell ridiculously bad... Ask Koda Kumi...
|
IMO the best year for new best album is 2012 but if she put it out next year, am welcoming it. IMO she will fit the single from Startin'/Born to be up to maybe You Were.../BALLAD excluded 48th-50th singles. she excluded single from startin/born to be and BLUE BIRD in A BEST 2 so there is a chance it may happen again
|
i can see how they'd release one soon but i'd prefer it later. just cuz i like the term BEST staying that way even though usually those are just singles compliations... if the argument is waiting too long means too many songs to pick, then i still think it's better cuz then she's really having to decide what songs are her BEST and not just piling all the songs she's released so far! also if we wait longer we can get possibly an even more matured ayu voice and i would LOVE it if she did what she did in the first BEST and re-sing some older songs! sure her vocals haven't changed much since say BLUE BIRD but rearrangements and new vocals are always welcomed imo :)
but you know what i'd really like? is maybe a new type of compilation? like Do As Infinity did long ago with their fan choice compilation and instrumental collection! now THAT would be awesome... i'd love to have some instrumental versions of ayu's album tracks! and... Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
|
I don't think in a new best album this or the next year because i think that ayu don't like the best albums so much,i think in a new best album but at the begin of 2012 or maybe until her 15th anniversary
edit: i want a new best album...but in the summer:weep:weep:weep:weep |
people need to realize that A COMPLETE =/= an A BEST
A COMPLETE was special for the 10th anniversary, it doesn't count as an A BEST album, and NEVER will. It's been almost four years since A BEST 2, and it's been five studio albums ([miss]understood, Secret, GUILTY, NEXT LEVEL, Rock'n'Roll Circus) (Yes, [miss]understood counts, they specifically made the cut off pre-[m]u). We're due for one soon. |
I've had this sinking feeling for a while now that A BEST 3 is around the corner (-___-) but it'll definitely be AFTER this upcoming album, see no reason why'd she be doing all this recording just for a Best album (plus for those who are wondering: she already confirmed on twitter that she was working on a new album, which is why people are buzzing about a winter album).
I hope she waits another 2 years though. Late 2012- early 2013 would be perfect to keep consistent with the 6 year gap and A BALLADS 2 can be released in between. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Best album was A BALLADS 2, lord knows she has had MORE than enough of them since the first one. I liked the AB2 two part theme, it'd be cool if she did that again and if she uses popular album tracks again then she'll have plenty of tracks for another themed compilation (though I certainly won't be buying it). :laugh |
I think if she waits too long then it will end up another 2 disk best. But if she does it too soon then everyone will start accusing her of being BEST crazy. Its a sticky situation.
|
she can throw an album + best album like what Kuu and BoA have in upcoming album. but I dont like that idea
|
My ideal;
Winter single for Christmas 2010 Album for February-March time 2011 (probably with promo single) BREAK Single in around August-October 2011 A BEST III December 2011-January 2012 Doubt it'll happen though. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
I hope she waits...put out a new album on 2011.01.01, then maybe another single, then a best album. |
Quote:
Quote:
|
Ayu does not need a best. She's spawned best's left and right. Maybe in a couple more years. Utada isn't really relevant. Her's is a singles collection.
|
i don't want her to release another best...it would be like koda kumi to me =.="
if i've not mistaken koda released 4 different BEST album in a few years...i think that's stupid lol..but ayu seems to be going that direction T.T |
Naaw what? Can't we just have some new material please? Who buys those best albums anyway? Stop provoking them!
|
^ A lot of people.
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:48 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.