![]() |
'Pray' mixed by David Reitzas
We recently got a glimpse of Ayu in the studio with David Reitzas in the latest ViVi Deji Deji Diary and since we know Jaycen Joshua mixed Feel the love/Merry-go-round, I figured that there was a possibility that he mixed Pray... and after asking, it seems I was right! He could not comment any further though, obviously.
I feel that this ups the chances that this song is going to be a ballad, haha. http://i.imgur.com/IAUb7tk.jpg (photo from Ayumi) David Reitzas is also credited as mixing the following songs: SEVEN DAYS WAR Virgin Road do it again November progress beloved how beautiful you are I am excited, since his mixes are extremely well done! |
I kind of hate his mixing, tbh.
but if beloved turned out well i guess Pray might too. |
Well, he has Virgin Road, do it again and progress on his list, so yEAH GIMME DAT SONG AYU
|
Quote:
also progress and how beautiful you are, i think her voice is too crisp on both songs... |
she's so cute in the pic <3
|
I think he's really done a good job so far. Looking forward to it!
|
i rly dont know what to say, i completely love 'do it again' but the other ones are just ok songs for me..
|
I have no idea what mixers do. Or even producers, for that matter. You may as well tell me that Big Bird mixed the song and Yoda produced it, because it means absolutely nothing to me. :shrug
|
Quote:
|
November
progress beloved do it again So I am looking forward it. |
I've got no idea what a mixer does as well, but given the list of songs: yay!
|
I love his mixing so much.
|
From wikipedia:
Quote:
Quote:
|
I really have high expectations for this.
|
He mixed November and do it again?
Yay, can't wait :luv2 |
Wow, he only did GREAT songs with Ayu! I'm really excited!
|
I would say most people shouldn't be all that excited because of him, considering we as mostly music fans without that much knowlegment on the technical aspects of music can't really notice the difference between a good mixed and a poorly mixed tracks xD
|
^
It's what I think too lol |
Quote:
|
Usually, people are able to pick up on a badly mixed track. (the BGM is too loud and overpowers the singer, or certain instruments don't really get focus when they should)
He's very well known in the business it seems, having worked with like every diva ever, haha. |
Quote:
|
I believe they tend to choose him for very specific projects. Most of the songs he works on are pretty epic imo.
|
November and beloved sound the same and are interchangeable, so this explains a lot.
|
Quote:
As mixer, he uses the pieces that the arranger makes along with the vocalist. How the song sounds when it comes to the music (not volume/balance/whatever) is something he doesn't really have control over. |
A lot of fans (including myself) believe the LOVE again album tracks were mixed poorly. SAKURA especially sounds tinny. I don't know what happened there...
|
Quote:
I mainly notice bad mixing through distortions, for instance on "progress", "reminds me" and generally songs from Party Queen. Quote:
|
Quote:
But, well, you know, that's just the opinion of a woman who didn't know what mixing is till like, two seconds ago, so...XD |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:44 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.