Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   30 Day Song Challenge ~Ayu ver.~ (Episode II) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125084)

Kacku 1st November 2020 01:46 AM

30 Day Song Challenge ~Ayu ver.~ (Episode II)
 
Hey everyone!

Back in April, Chibi-Chan made an Ayu-specific version of the 30-day song challenge from Instagram. It was a lot of fun, a great conversation starter, a good excuse to take a deep dive into Ayu's discography and lyrics, and a chance to discover new facets of songs we love. Several people were on board for a continuation to the challenge before the original one was even over, so here we finally are for Episode II!

This prompt list was compiled and edited together by me based on suggestions people gave in the previous thread. Let's have fun with the challenge!

1. A song Ayu should sing more often
2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
4. A song with a PV you love
5. A song you first disliked but now love
6. A song that makes you want to run
7. A song that surprised you
8. A song you think is easily overlooked
9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
10. A song that should have been a massive hit
11. A song you know by heart
12. A song that's your life motto
13. A song you like from the 10s
14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
16. A song you are/were really excited about
17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
18. A song you like with a Japanese title
19. A song that introduced you to Ayu
20. A song for a family member
21. A song with a message
22. A song about music
23. A song about gender
24. A song for fans
25. A song for haters
26. A song you find hard to categorize
27. A song you find hard to understand
28. A song you like that's a collaboration
29. A song that tells a story
30. A song for celebration

Teppei-chan 1st November 2020 12:15 PM

1. A song Ayu should sing more often
And then.
Had to think a little bit about what söng I'm gonna chose but Í decided for And then. It's always á nice surprise whenever she sings this song live and ever since the PCDL live I hope to See that song performed more.

Chibi-Chan 1st November 2020 12:25 PM

Thank you Kacku for taking the initiative and making a new thread! =)

Day 1: This one is hard, but I think I'll go with Connected. Connected stands out a lot from her discography and it has an amazing atmosphere, which is even more beautiful when visualised on stage. I would love to be able to see this one live one day!

@Teppei-chan: And then is also a great choice, a segment with both songs would be perfect. <3

Surreal17 1st November 2020 02:52 PM

Day 1 : A song Ayu should sing more often
I'd like for ayu to bring back the acoustic section in the encore. As for a specific song, I'd like her to sing call again, as it's a really catchy song and puts me in a good mood. Also, it's really underrated from what I've seen.

Kacku 1st November 2020 04:00 PM

Omg such great choices! And I'd also love to have an acoustic section as a permanent fixture in her shows...

1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am... It's such an impactful number whenever she performs it, it's an amazing song, and Ayu always makes a meal out of the song's natural dramaticness.

Chibi-Chan 2nd November 2020 02:09 PM

Day 2 A song remix that surpasses the original version: Wake me up (Remo-con remix), followed by snowy kiss (Shouhei Matsumoto remix). Both songs are ok in their original versions, but something is missing and the remixes are just so much better. I only ever listen to the remixes.

Kacku 2nd November 2020 05:21 PM

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix" is my favorite example of this. kanariya works so well as a trance song! The genre change puts the beautiful melody on the forefront, the arrangement is really well done, and this style seems like a more natural fit for Ayu's voice and delivery in the song.

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

Teppei-chan 2nd November 2020 08:12 PM

Haha only the second day and it's already so nice to read everyones thought.

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
And then.
Had to think a little bit about what söng I'm gonna chose but Í decided for And then. It's always á nice surprise whenever she sings this song live and ever since the PCDL live I hope to See that song performed more.



2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
glitter AKBK "DJ Command" remix
She has many great remixes but one I listen to more often conpared to it's original Version is the Eurobeat Remix of glitter. I Love Eurobeat Remixes and this one gives glitter auch a summer song boost. Idk what it is but this one Scream Summer more than the original Version, at least to me.

kobevalencia17 3rd November 2020 10:10 AM

Day 1: A song Ayu should sing more often

WHATEVER (VERSION J)

I always loved it's chorus part and also the "Wow" part. Since this version is so great than the Version M, I would prefer more Ayu's rock songs. And I wish Ayu would sing this in her upcoming concert for the first time rather than the Version M.

Surreal17 3rd November 2020 12:33 PM

02. A song remix that surpasses the original version
The first come that comes to my mind is Dearest (Razor'n Guido Club Mix). I don't know if I necessarily like it more than the original since the 2 are different styles, but I almost always listen to this remix or the acoustic orchestra version when I want to listen to Dearest.

03. A song that reminds you of wintertime

Walk definitely. I used to play it all the time during the winter of 2014-2015. I remember that in the last week of December it snowed a lot and the song really fit with the calm yet chill landscape outside. Such a good song! Lately I've been in the mood for listening to it which is great.

Chibi-Chan 3rd November 2020 06:00 PM

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime:
Sice this is about a song that reminds you of winter and not an actual winter ballad/christmas song of hers, I'll go with kiss o' kill. Secret was released at the end of November in 2006 and from all the songs that we hadn't listened to yet, I was especially addicted to kiss o' kill. I listened to it during the Christmas season a lot and I have very fond memories of listening to it via my mp3 player over and over again while strolling over the Christmas market when it was snowing. <3

Spoiler:

1. A song Ayu should sing more often:
This one is hard, but I think I'll go with Connected. Connected stands out a lot from her discography and it has an amazing atmosphere, which is even more beautiful when visualised on stage. I would love to be able to see this one live one day!

@Teppei-chan: And then is also a great choice, a segment with both songs would be perfect. <3

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version:
Wake me up (Remo-con remix), followed by snowy kiss (Shouhei Matsumoto remix). Both songs are ok in their original versions, but something is missing and the remixes are just so much better. I only ever listen to the remixes.

Kacku 3rd November 2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teppei-chan (Post 3330552)
2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
glitter AKBK "DJ Command" remix
She has many great remixes but one I listen to more often conpared to it's original Version is the Eurobeat Remix of glitter. I Love Eurobeat Remixes and this one gives glitter auch a summer song boost. Idk what it is but this one Scream Summer more than the original Version, at least to me.

Completely agreed about this one! I don't like the original glitter but I totally vibe with this remix!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surreal17 (Post 3330571)
02. A song remix that surpasses the original version
The first come that comes to my mind is Dearest (Razor'n Guido Club Mix). I don't know if I necessarily like it more than the original since the 2 are different styles, but I almost always listen to this remix or the acoustic orchestra version when I want to listen to Dearest.

Omg I fucking LOVE this remix, one of her all-time greatest!! :luv2 (Also Walk is everything!)

------

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
There are many, but I think the first one that comes to mind is momentum. The M-clone sound is very reminiscent of winter and the PV has imprinted a wintery image of it on my mind.

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

kobevalencia17 4th November 2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330565)
Day 1: A song Ayu should sing more often

WHATEVER (VERSION J)

I always loved it's chorus part and also the "Wow" part. Since this version is so great than the Version M, I would prefer more Ayu's rock songs. And I wish Ayu would sing this in her upcoming concert for the first time rather than the Version M.



Day 2: A song remix that surpasses the original version

Fly High (Vincent De Moor Remix Radio Edit)

This remix version has more upbeat and trance vibes with a disco feeling. I would never resist in this version since Ayu has created so many remixes in her Ayu-mi-x, Ayu-ro mix, and Ayu Trance compilations.



Day 3: A song that reminds you of wintertime.

No way to say

Most of her songs are sad and lonely. But I prefer this song which reminds me of wintertime. Where the chorus part brings more wintery and lonely feeling for myself.



Day 4: A song with a PV you love

glitter

Well, every music videos she had made has its own story. But this song with a music video had me truly touched since it's full of romantic moments and it shows her first kiss on-screen with an Chinese actor. How wonderful it is!

Surreal17 4th November 2020 01:12 PM

4. A song with a PV you love
A lot of her mvs released between 2003-2012 are amazing, but one that really struck me when I first watched it is momentum. I remember watching the Secret mvs for the first time and being so surprised at the variety of themes. Like who puts an mv like Beautiful Fighters or BLUE BIRD near something like 1 LOVE or momentum. Mindblown

Kacku 4th November 2020 05:21 PM

4. A song with a PV you love
I'm pretty unfamiliar with Ayu's filmography so I binged a whole lot of them today. I found several that I liked and appreciated (alterna, ourselves, fairyland, GREEN, Sparkle), but one that stood out was Last minute. It's so simple yet striking and effective, watching the light dance across Ayu as she performs is mesmerizing, and she performs beautifully.

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

Chibi-Chan 4th November 2020 08:57 PM

4. A song with a PV you love:
As a teenager I spent whole days watching her PVs. I especially loved and still love the vogue~Far away~Seasons triology, M, ourselves, GAME, About you, Moments, alterna, fairyland, Startin', talkin' 2 myself, Rule, the list goes on.

My initial thought was to go with HEAVEN. The song itself is already so beautiful and I think it's a great PV how she is just sitting there, time passing symbolised by the trains passing. When I first watched the PV when it came out I just started crying. I still have a hard time not to cry when watching it. lol

But from Love songs onwards I wasn't too fond of her PVs, actually I think most are very very very very horrible. There are only two which stood out to me. Last minute and flower. Since we already had Last minute, I'll go with flower.

I simply love how she is sitting there, all beautiful, and then suddenly all her anger bursts out and you can see how angry and disappointed she is in her facial expression. I love that. Anger is such a rare emotion for women to show that I think this deserves to be mentioned especially. I could watch this scene over and over again.

Spoiler:

1. A song Ayu should sing more often:
This one is hard, but I think I'll go with Connected. Connected stands out a lot from her discography and it has an amazing atmosphere, which is even more beautiful when visualised on stage. I would love to be able to see this one live one day!

@Teppei-chan: And then is also a great choice, a segment with both songs would be perfect. <3

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version:
Wake me up (Remo-con remix), followed by snowy kiss (Shouhei Matsumoto remix). Both songs are ok in their original versions, but something is missing and the remixes are just so much better. I only ever listen to the remixes.

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime:
Sice this is about a song that reminds you of winter and not an actual winter ballad/christmas song of hers, I'll go with kiss o' kill. Secret was released at the end of November in 2006 and from all the songs that we hadn't listened to yet, I was especially addicted to kiss o' kill. I listened to it during the Christmas season a lot and I have very fond memories of listening to it via my mp3 player over and over again while strolling over the Christmas market when it was snowing. <3

kobevalencia17 5th November 2020 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330565)
Day 1: A song Ayu should sing more often

WHATEVER (VERSION J)

I always loved it's chorus part and also the "Wow" part. Since this version is so great than the Version M, I would prefer more Ayu's rock songs. And I wish Ayu would sing this in her upcoming concert for the first time rather than the Version M.



Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330596)
Day 2: A song remix that surpasses the original version

Fly High (Vincent De Moor Remix Radio Edit)

This remix version has more upbeat and trance vibes with a disco feeling. I would never resist in this version since Ayu has created so many remixes in her Ayu-mi-x, Ayu-ro mix, and Ayu Trance compilations.



Day 3: A song that reminds you of wintertime.

No way to say

Most of her songs are sad and lonely. But I prefer this song which reminds me of wintertime. Where the chorus part brings more wintery and lonely feeling for myself.



Day 4: A song with a PV you love

glitter

Well, every music videos she had made has its own story. But this song with a music video had me truly touched since it's full of romantic moments and it shows her first kiss on-screen with an Chinese actor. How wonderful it is!



Day 5: A song you first disliked but now love

For My Dear...

When I first heard this song, the whole part of the song was kinda cheesy! But now, when I heard this regularly, I started to feel the message of the song. And the rest is history.

Surreal17 5th November 2020 07:39 PM

Day 5: A song you first disliked but now love
STEP you. I really disliked this at first but over time I grew to like it (even though I can't really say I love it). One of the best things about it is its replay value, I always come back to it from time to time.

Chibi-Chan 5th November 2020 09:22 PM

5. A song you first disliked but now love:
Dreamed a Dream. I was so excited for the vocal track. I can't remember when I last felt so excited about something Ayu related. But I immediately thought that it's a pretty bad idea to make it part of the remix challenge before the song was even out. There were two mixes I especially loved and obsessed over. They had this 2000's J-Pop feeling and brought back all of the memories of discovering J-Pop for the first time back in 2002. It simply couldn't get better than that. :laugh
So even though I still loved her vocals, the melody and the lyrics, I couldn't stand the arrangement and was so disappointed with the final result. I really wished she wouldn't have done this remix competition before releasing the song. I would have probably felt very differently about the original mix then.
I can't say I "love" Dreamed a Dream now, but I like it and listen to it from time to time.


Spoiler:

1. A song Ayu should sing more often:
This one is hard, but I think I'll go with Connected. Connected stands out a lot from her discography and it has an amazing atmosphere, which is even more beautiful when visualised on stage. I would love to be able to see this one live one day!

@Teppei-chan: And then is also a great choice, a segment with both songs would be perfect. <3

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version:
Wake me up (Remo-con remix), followed by snowy kiss (Shouhei Matsumoto remix). Both songs are ok in their original versions, but something is missing and the remixes are just so much better. I only ever listen to the remixes.

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime:
Sice this is about a song that reminds you of winter and not an actual winter ballad/christmas song of hers, I'll go with kiss o' kill. Secret was released at the end of November in 2006 and from all the songs that we hadn't listened to yet, I was especially addicted to kiss o' kill. I listened to it during the Christmas season a lot and I have very fond memories of listening to it via my mp3 player over and over again while strolling over the Christmas market when it was snowing. <3

4. A song with a PV you love:
As a teenager I spent whole days watching her PVs. I especially loved and still love the vogue~Far away~Seasons triology, M, ourselves, GAME, About you, Moments, alterna, fairyland, Startin', talkin' 2 myself, Rule, the list goes on.

My initial thought was to go with HEAVEN. The song itself is already so beautiful and I think it's a great PV how she is just sitting there, time passing symbolised by the trains passing. When I first watched the PV when it came out I just started crying. I still have a hard time not to cry when watching it. lol

But from Love songs onwards I wasn't too fond of her PVs, actually I think most are very very very very horrible. There are only two which stood out to me. Last minute and flower. Since we already had Last minute, I'll go with flower.

I simply love how she is sitting there, all beautiful, and then suddenly all her anger bursts out and you can see how angry and disappointed she is in her facial expression. I love that. Anger is such a rare emotion for women to show that I think this deserves to be mentioned especially. I could watch this scene over and over again.


Kacku 5th November 2020 10:11 PM

5. A song you first disliked but now love
This is such a cliché, but I think I have to say Bold & Delicious. :laugh I think it's very understandable: the song is very in-your-face and a strange stand-out in Ayu's discography, so I didn't take well to it at first. I'm all the way around on it now, I think the song is fantastic and catchy and uplifting and I'm happy Ayu had the guts to release it.

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Last minute

Chibi-Chan 6th November 2020 12:28 AM

^I think I was one of the view who loved it instantly when it came out. :laugh I'm just a bit sad that she made it a habit to perform it in the most annoying way possible the last few years.

kobevalencia17 6th November 2020 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330565)
Day 1: A song Ayu should sing more often

WHATEVER (VERSION J)

I always loved it's chorus part and also the "Wow" part. Since this version is so great than the Version M, I would prefer more Ayu's rock songs. And I wish Ayu would sing this in her upcoming concert for the first time rather than the Version M.



Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330596)
Day 2: A song remix that surpasses the original version

Fly High (Vincent De Moor Remix Radio Edit)

This remix version has more upbeat and trance vibes with a disco feeling. I would never resist in this version since Ayu has created so many remixes in her Ayu-mi-x, Ayu-ro mix, and Ayu Trance compilations.



Day 3: A song that reminds you of wintertime.

No way to say

Most of her songs are sad and lonely. But I prefer this song which reminds me of wintertime. Where the chorus part brings more wintery and lonely feeling for myself.



Day 4: A song with a PV you love

glitter

Well, every music videos she had made has its own story. But this song with a music video had me truly touched since it's full of romantic moments and it shows her first kiss on-screen with an Chinese actor. How wonderful it is!



Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330619)
Day 5: A song you first disliked but now love

For My Dear...

When I first heard this song, the whole part of the song was kinda cheesy! But now, when I heard this regularly, I started to feel the message of the song. And the rest is history.



Day 6: A song that makes you want to run

Last angel

After the orchestral intro, there's an another instrumental part where it sounded like an action-suspense beat which makes me wanna run faster. To be honest, this song is so suspenseful even Ayu's voice is so dramatic and mysterious in the song.

Kacku 6th November 2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3330657)
^I think I was one of the view who loved it instantly when it came out. :laugh I'm just a bit sad that she made it a habit to perform it in the most annoying way possible the last few years.

Omg you were ahead of your time! :laugh Fortunately I can't remember any recent performances of it

-----

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Maybe it's just that this CM is etched into my mind strangely well, but my mind immediately goes to Wake me up. But I think it fits the category well, its tempo and energy seem like a good fit for running!

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Last minute

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Bold & Delicious

Chibi-Chan 6th November 2020 07:40 PM

^It really is fortunate, lol. B&D lives from her more mature vocals but she uses this extreme cutesy voice during the last few years whren performing it.


Day 6: A song that makes you want to run: None. I'll pass on this one. Dance, definitely, but run? No. :laugh

Surreal17 6th November 2020 09:34 PM

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
When I used to go for a run few years ago, I loved to listen to the NEXT LEVEL album, especially rollin'.

kobevalencia17 7th November 2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330565)
Day 1: A song Ayu should sing more often

WHATEVER (VERSION J)

I always loved it's chorus part and also the "Wow" part. Since this version is so great than the Version M, I would prefer more Ayu's rock songs. And I wish Ayu would sing this in her upcoming concert for the first time rather than the Version M.



Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330596)
Day 2: A song remix that surpasses the original version

Fly High (Vincent De Moor Remix Radio Edit)

This remix version has more upbeat and trance vibes with a disco feeling. I would never resist in this version since Ayu has created so many remixes in her Ayu-mi-x, Ayu-ro mix, and Ayu Trance compilations.



Day 3: A song that reminds you of wintertime.

No way to say

Most of her songs are sad and lonely. But I prefer this song which reminds me of wintertime. Where the chorus part brings more wintery and lonely feeling for myself.



Day 4: A song with a PV you love

glitter

Well, every music videos she had made has its own story. But this song with a music video had me truly touched since it's full of romantic moments and it shows her first kiss on-screen with an Chinese actor. How wonderful it is!



Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330619)
Day 5: A song you first disliked but now love

For My Dear...

When I first heard this song, the whole part of the song was kinda cheesy! But now, when I heard this regularly, I started to feel the message of the song. And the rest is history.



Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330677)
Day 6: A song that makes you want to run

Last angel

After the orchestral intro, there's an another instrumental part where it sounded like an action-suspense beat which makes me wanna run faster. To be honest, this song is so suspenseful even Ayu's voice is so dramatic and mysterious in the song.



Day 7: A song that surprised you

Free & Easy

During Ayu's first verse part in this song, I was shocked to hear the drum beats along with the pitch changing (since I first heard it with my volume of my device is so high). That's why when I'm hearing this some times, I usually turned down the volume of my device.

Chibi-Chan 7th November 2020 10:26 PM

7. A song that surprised you:
I don't know, none really comes to mind. But now that I'm typing, maybe Terminal. I wouldn't have thought that she would go into that direction ever, least not with a single. It was a very nice surprise, though.

Surreal17 8th November 2020 12:01 AM

Day 7 : A song that surprised you
Mirror. The first time I listen to it, it was quite early in my fandom and I was amazed by how a popstar can release such intense and interesting type of songs. After completing her discography, I saw that she always exceled in releasing all kinds of interesting tracks, in spite of her huge status.

kobevalencia17 8th November 2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330565)
Day 1: A song Ayu should sing more often

WHATEVER (VERSION J)

I always loved it's chorus part and also the "Wow" part. Since this version is so great than the Version M, I would prefer more Ayu's rock songs. And I wish Ayu would sing this in her upcoming concert for the first time rather than the Version M.



Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330596)
Day 2: A song remix that surpasses the original version

Fly High (Vincent De Moor Remix Radio Edit)

This remix version has more upbeat and trance vibes with a disco feeling. I would never resist in this version since Ayu has created so many remixes in her Ayu-mi-x, Ayu-ro mix, and Ayu Trance compilations.



Day 3: A song that reminds you of wintertime.

No way to say

Most of her songs are sad and lonely. But I prefer this song which reminds me of wintertime. Where the chorus part brings more wintery and lonely feeling for myself.



Day 4: A song with a PV you love

glitter

Well, every music videos she had made has its own story. But this song with a music video had me truly touched since it's full of romantic moments and it shows her first kiss on-screen with an Chinese actor. How wonderful it is!



Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330619)
Day 5: A song you first disliked but now love

For My Dear...

When I first heard this song, the whole part of the song was kinda cheesy! But now, when I heard this regularly, I started to feel the message of the song. And the rest is history.



Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330677)
Day 6: A song that makes you want to run

Last angel

After the orchestral intro, there's an another instrumental part where it sounded like an action-suspense beat which makes me wanna run faster. To be honest, this song is so suspenseful even Ayu's voice is so dramatic and mysterious in the song.



Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330737)
Day 7: A song that surprised you

Free & Easy

During Ayu's first verse part in this song, I was shocked to hear the drum beats along with the pitch changing (since I first heard it with my volume of my device is so high). That's why when I'm hearing this some times, I usually turned down the volume of my device.



Day 8: A song you think is easily overlooked

Boys & Girls

I totally agree with this song. Because I saw most of Ayu's concerts where every one of the audiences in the concert sing-along when every time Ayu's singing this song.



Day 9: A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary

poker face

Even some others say this song is not at her best, this song would probably be a remarkable one. So, I can't wait for her 25th anniversary of her career. And I wish this song could get a new recording for her 25th anniversary.

Kacku 9th November 2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobevalencia17 (Post 3330787)
Day 9: A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary

poker face

Even some others say this song is not at her best, this song would probably be a remarkable one. So, I can't wait for her 25th anniversary of her career. And I wish this song could get a new recording for her 25th anniversary.

I'd love a poker face rerecording! It's not a bad song at all, it deserves to be more recognised.

-----

7. A song that surprised you
I'm having trouble remembering what has really surprised me... The one I remember best is probably the most recent one, The Show Must Go On! When the first preview of it came out, I was one of the people who thought it just sounded like a poor snowy kiss clone... and while the similarity is definitely there, it fully has its own identity! The Show Must Go On turned out to be so much better than I was anticipating, so propulsive, intense, and catchy!

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
Ayu has so many ballads that even some excellent ones seem to get overlooked. Shout-out to beloved, which I also think gets overlooked, but Shape of love is the one that most needs attention! It's such a beautiful, subtle, healing song.

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
I have a strong irrational love for FRIEND II, I would love to see Ayu dig it out again and brush the dust off with a fabulous rerecording!

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Last minute

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Bold & Delicious

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Wake me up

kobevalencia17 13th November 2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kacku (Post 3330839)
I'd love a poker face rerecording! It's not a bad song at all, it deserves to be more recognised.

-----

7. A song that surprised you
I'm having trouble remembering what has really surprised me... The one I remember best is probably the most recent one, The Show Must Go On! When the first preview of it came out, I was one of the people who thought it just sounded like a poor snowy kiss clone... and while the similarity is definitely there, it fully has its own identity! The Show Must Go On turned out to be so much better than I was anticipating, so propulsive, intense, and catchy!

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
Ayu has so many ballads that even some excellent ones seem to get overlooked. Shout-out to beloved, which I also think gets overlooked, but Shape of love is the one that most needs attention! It's such a beautiful, subtle, healing song.

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
I have a strong irrational love for FRIEND II, I would love to see Ayu dig it out again and brush the dust off with a fabulous rerecording!

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Last minute

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Bold & Delicious

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Wake me up



Thank you, Kacku. Since she debuted in "poker face", I gladly suggests that this would get a new recording.

Spoiler:
Day 1: A song Ayu should sing more often
WHATEVER Version J

Day 2: A song remix that surpasses the original version
Fly high "Vincent De Moor Remix Radio Edit"

Day 3: A song that reminds you of wintertime
No way to say

Day 4: A song with a PV you love
glitter

Day 5: A song you first disliked but now love
For My Dear...

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Last angel

Day 7: A song that surprised you
Free & Easy

Day 8: A song you think is easily overlooked
Boys & Girls

Day 9: A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
poker face


Day 10: A song that should have been a massive hit

no more words

For me, this should have been a massive hit not just because of it's the soundtrack for Inuyasha, but also, the melodious and smooth feeling of the song.

Day 11: A song you know by heart

Wishing

This is one of my favorite ballad songs by Ayu. When I first heard this song, I delightfully loved the meaning of the song and learned the lyrics softly even though I can't understand Japanese.

Day 12: A song that's your life motto

Depend on you

This song is how I live my life everyday. Like staying active, going on a long journey, don't stop running till I get through my final destination, etc.

Day 13: A song you like from the 10s

MOON

Technically, this song has a big impact and so powerful. Also, this was my favorite song of all tracks from Love songs. Even though I don't have a musical taste into rock songs, but I liked this song.

kobevalencia17 14th November 2020 02:26 PM

Spoiler:
Day 1: A song Ayu should sing more often
WHATEVER Version J

Day 2: A song remix that surpasses the original version
Fly high "Vincent De Moor Remix Radio Edit"

Day 3: A song that reminds you of wintertime
No way to say

Day 4: A song with a PV you love
glitter

Day 5: A song you first disliked but now love
For My Dear...

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Last angel

Day 7: A song that surprised you
Free & Easy

Day 8: A song you think is easily overlooked
Boys & Girls

Day 9: A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
poker face

Day 10: A song that should have been a massive hit
no more words

Day 11: A song you know by heart
Wishing

Day 12: A song that's your life motto
Depend on you

Day 13: A song you like from the 10s
MOON


Day 14: A song you like with a lot of English lyrics

STEP you

More than loving songs from the album RAINBOW, I truly appreciated this song because this is where I started to loved Ayu's music more and more. Technically, this song should be recognized in my country but eventually, our country's music channel called "MYX" often chooses random songs from JPop like Utada Hikaru's Automatic and First Love where most of her Jpop songs are popular in our country here in the Philippines. But even though this is a Japanese song, this would be more recognizable and understandable because of its English lyrics and its energetic music beat.

Teppei-chan 14th November 2020 08:47 PM

Uff... So many days top catch up in. It's about time that i finally get WiFi in my apartment.
Here ist the First batch of dass i missed. The Rest night come tomorrow

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
And then.
Had to think a little bit about what söng I'm gonna chose but Í decided for And then. It's always á nice surprise whenever she sings this song live and ever since the PCDL live I hope to See that song performed more.

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
glitter AKBK "DJ Command" remix
She has many great remixes but one I listen to more often conpared to it's original Version is the Eurobeat Remix of glitter. I Love Eurobeat Remixes and this one gives glitter auch a summer song boost. Idk what it is but this one Scream Summer more than the original Version, at least to me.


3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
Zutto
There is nothing better than Walking around during a snowy day, filled with lots and lots of beautiful Cotton Candy like fluffy snowflakes and listening to Zutto. Miss those days

4. A song with a PV you love
is this Love
Always Loved the exploding effects in that of and is this Love is Just an awesome Song. What else is there left top was?

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Happy Ending
With this Song there always was one problem for me: it's on the "wrong" album. My Story as an album takes so much away from the individual songs. After the First 4-5 songs it gets hard to listen to the end. That's why I never payed Attention to Happy Ending and it didn't catch me. First with the Cirque du Minute live it found it's way in my playlist. Yes i didn,'t dislike it but there ist no Ayu Song I really dislike

6. A song that makes you want to run
Not sure what Song to choose so I'm gonna cheat a little and say to her Eurobeat remixes.

7. A song that surprised you
Last Angel
For this I'd also chose Free & Easy but I don't remember how I felt when I first listened to it. With Last Angel we got such a banger among more laid back Tracks. I remember that someone asked her in Twitter If Last Angel would also be a midtempo/ ballad Song. And Boy she didn't lie when she said no

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
far away
Idk it Just feels like that this beautiful recieves the least attention from the trilogy. And If seems even Ayu don't sing this song If it's not paired with vogue and Seasons. Á beautiful song like that should get more love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
Signal
Oneof the best album tracks of A Song for XX, If would be interesting to see how this one woul'd Sound with a modern touch.

Kacku 14th November 2020 09:23 PM

10. A song that should have been a massive hit
I wish Mad World had become a massive hit for Ayu! It's an excellent song, Ayu sounds great on it, it has such a good message... It's a great song, I wish it had taken off!

11. A song you know by heart
I actually have a whole list of these because I spent some time during springtime lockdown testing what Ayu songs I can sing from memory. :laugh One that I was surprised to find I knew by heart was fated, an amazing song that I don't listen to often enough.

12. A song that's your life motto
This is the most difficult one for me to answer, I don't really consider any song a life motto. Many of Ayu's songs have poignant lyrics that have stuck with me over the years, but if I had to pick one that has a message I aspire to... maybe no more words? I'd be fine being a loser / I always want to be a loser is the key for me here; it sounds like a lesson in humility and empathy that many people, including myself, could internalize better. Overall, the song's message seems to be to stop, listen and reflect, and that's something I want to be able do well to be a better person for others.

13. A song you like from the 10s
Oh lord, so many. I'm gonna say Tell me why, it's a really impactful one!

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
The first one that comes to mind is Real me! It's a really cool song with fun and memorable English lyrics.

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Last minute

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Bold & Delicious

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Wake me up

7. A song that surprised you
The Show Must Go On

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
Shape of love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
FRIEND II

Kacku 15th November 2020 12:51 PM

(Trying not to fall behind again lol.)

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
For me, a guilty pleasure is something I enjoy even though at the same time I think it's kinda bad. I can only think of one Ayu song like this: ANother song feat. URATA NAOYA. It's just so basic, the melody, lyrics, production, everything, and it has Urata Naoya on it, ughhhhhhh, but I still find myself enjoying the atmosphere and getting caught up in its catchiness.

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Last minute

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Bold & Delicious

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Wake me up

7. A song that surprised you
The Show Must Go On

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
Shape of love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
FRIEND II

10. A song that should have been a massive hit
Mad World

11. A song you know by heart
fated

12. A song that's your life motto
no more words

13. A song you like from the 10s
Tell me why

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
Real me

Teppei-chan 15th November 2020 12:53 PM

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
And then.
Had to think a little bit about what söng I'm gonna chose but Í decided for And then. It's always á nice surprise whenever she sings this song live and ever since the PCDL live I hope to See that song performed more.

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
glitter AKBK "DJ Command" remix
She has many great remixes but one I listen to more often conpared to it's original Version is the Eurobeat Remix of glitter. I Love Eurobeat Remixes and this one gives glitter auch a summer song boost. Idk what it is but this one Scream Summer more than the original Version, at least to me

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
Zutto
There is nothing better than Walking around during a snowy day, filled with lots and lots of beautiful Cotton Candy like fluffy snowflakes and listening to Zutto. Miss those days

4. A song with a PV you love
is this Love
Always Loved the exploding effects in that of and is this Love is Just an awesome Song. What else is there left top was?

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Happy Ending
With this Song there always was one problem for me: it's on the "wrong" album. My Story as an album takes so much away from the individual songs. After the First 4-5 songs it gets hard to listen to the end. That's why I never payed Attention to Happy Ending and it didn't catch me. First with the Cirque du Minute live it found it's way in my playlist. Yes i didn,'t dislike it but there ist no Ayu Song I really dislike.

6. A song that makes you want to run
Not sure what Song to choose so I'm gonna cheat a little and say to her Eurobeat remixes.

7. A song that surprised you
Last Angel
For this I'd also chose Free & Easy but I don't remember how I felt when I first listened to it. With Last Angel we got such a banger among more laid back Tracks. I remember that someone asked her in Twitter If Last Angel would also be a midtempo/ ballad Song. And Boy she didn't lie when she said no

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
far away
Idk it Just feels like that this beautiful recieves the least attention from the trilogy. And If seems even Ayu don't sing this song If it's not paired with vogue and Seasons. Á beautiful song like that should get more love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
Signal
Oneof the best album tracks of A Song for XX, If would be interesting to see how this one woul'd Sound with a modern touch.


10. A song that should have been a massive hit
Mad World
Also going to chose Mad World. This Song has such a strong Message, maybe one of her best Lyrics in recent years and it would have deserved to get a huge hít

11. A song you know by heart
connected
I can sing along many Songs If they are played in the Background but I guess connected ís the only one I really know by Heart. Had the german single in repeat Back in the days, sonI would be Mad at myself If I could Not sing this song anytime I get asked to.

12. A song that's your life motto
Step by Step
The Lyrics are so empowering and has many parts that I could cite as a Life motto. These two speaks the Most to me "One more step, because our courage to step forward has more meaning than 100 steps"
"Rather than counting what we don't have
we must realize how many things we do have"


13. A song you like from the 10s
the next LOVE
Haha yes, I'm one of the persons that really likes this song :D. It felt like something new, she didn't have a song with that sound before and idk... I just Like this Song. Can't pinpoint a certain reason it is Just Overall a good Song with great Lyrics imo

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
XOXO
It's Not the best english she used in Lyrics but that's what makes this Song fun to listen to imo. And singing the Refrain Out loud is so much fun.
P.s Í just found out she is not singing " We're sich's Friends" but " What's the difference". Whoops, but I think I stay with my Version :D

Mikytaryan 15th November 2020 01:14 PM

I don't know how I've forgotten about this challenge, but I took some time to explore Ayu's music and I managed to select some songs.

1. A song Ayu should sing more often
Sorrows - it's one of her most powerful songs, where she admitted her weaknesses and mistakes. Maybe that's why she doesn't sing it, but I love it.

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
Daybreak - HAL's Mix 2002 - the soothing melody and the lyrics do it for me more than the original version.

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
You were... - I listened to this song in the winter so many times, it was released at a perfect time for me and it became my favorite winter ballad.

4. A song with a PV you love
part of Me - the costumes, the colors, the perfection of make-up...

5. A song you first disliked but now love
W - I found it difficult to connect with this song. I still don't, but I love to listen to it at times and I started to see the power from it.

6. A song that makes you want to run
Naturally - it's one of my favorite songs of her. From the beginning, all I want is to start running, I resonated so much with it.

7. A song that surprised you
FLOWER - didn't expect a song like this, with lyrics so sad that tear you apart and the chorus sang with a wailing desperate voice. Perfection :)

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
aeternal - it gives me a nostalgic vibe and I love listening to it in the summer especially. I've seen that people don't resonate as much with it.

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
End of the World - it's a difficult song with her current voice, but I would love to see a new version for it.

10. A song that should have been a massive hit
WORDS - it's the most powerful song from TROUBLE in my opinion.

11. A song you know by heart
A song for XX "030213 Session#2" - I've been singing it since highschool, and I still love singing it. Really full of sorrow and emotion.

12. A song that's your life motto
SURREAL - a timeless song. The lyrics reflect some of my values and I still feel that way after so many years.

13. A song you like from the 10s
count down - it may be because it was from the beginning of the 10s but this song stayed with me...it made me think more about how she is a human being losing her hearing but can still sing about it.

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
Lelio - just a party anthem, with random lyrics but lovely to listen to.

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
HONEY - sometimes I think this song is way too cute, but damn, I love listening to it.

Teppei-chan 15th November 2020 08:44 PM

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
And then.
Had to think a little bit about what söng I'm gonna chose but Í decided for And then. It's always á nice surprise whenever she sings this song live and ever since the PCDL live I hope to See that song performed more.

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
glitter AKBK "DJ Command" remix
She has many great remixes but one I listen to more often conpared to it's original Version is the Eurobeat Remix of glitter. I Love Eurobeat Remixes and this one gives glitter auch a summer song boost. Idk what it is but this one Scream Summer more than the original Version, at least to me

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
Zutto
There is nothing better than Walking around during a snowy day, filled with lots and lots of beautiful Cotton Candy like fluffy snowflakes and listening to Zutto. Miss those days

4. A song with a PV you love
is this Love
Always Loved the exploding effects in that of and is this Love is Just an awesome Song. What else is there left top was?

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Happy Ending
With this Song there always was one problem for me: it's on the "wrong" album. My Story as an album takes so much away from the individual songs. After the First 4-5 songs it gets hard to listen to the end. That's why I never payed Attention to Happy Ending and it didn't catch me. First with the Cirque du Minute live it found it's way in my playlist. Yes i didn,'t dislike it but there ist no Ayu Song I really dislike.

6. A song that makes you want to run
Not sure what Song to choose so I'm gonna cheat a little and say to her Eurobeat remixes.

7. A song that surprised you
Last Angel
For this I'd also chose Free & Easy but I don't remember how I felt when I first listened to it. With Last Angel we got such a banger among more laid back Tracks. I remember that someone asked her in Twitter If Last Angel would also be a midtempo/ ballad Song. And Boy she didn't lie when she said no

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
far away
Idk it Just feels like that this beautiful recieves the least attention from the trilogy. And If seems even Ayu don't sing this song If it's not paired with vogue and Seasons. Á beautiful song like that should get more love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
Signal
Oneof the best album tracks of A Song for XX, If would be interesting to see how this one woul'd Sound with a modern touch.


10. A song that should have been a massive hit
Mad World
Also going to chose Mad World. This Song has such a strong Message, maybe one of her best Lyrics in recent years and it would have deserved to get a huge hít

11. A song you know by heart
connected
I can sing along many Songs If they are played in the Background but I guess connected ís the only one I really know by Heart. Had the german single in repeat Back in the days, sonI would be Mad at myself If I could Not sing this song anytime I get asked to.

12. A song that's your life motto
Step by Step
The Lyrics are so empowering and has many parts that I could cite as a Life motto. These two speaks the Most to me "One more step, because our courage to step forward has more meaning than 100 steps"
"Rather than counting what we don't have
we must realize how many things we do have"


13. A song you like from the 10s
the next LOVE
Haha yes, I'm one of the persons that really likes this song . It felt like something new, she didn't have a song with that sound before and idk... I just Like this Song. Can't pinpoint a certain reason it is Just Overall a good Song with great Lyrics imo

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
XOXO
It's Not the best english she used in Lyrics but that's what makes this Song fun to listen to imo. And singing the Refrain Out loud is so much fun.
P.s Í just found out she is not singing " We're sich's Friends" but " What's the difference". Whoops, but I think I stay with my Version

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
ANGEL'S SONG
Don't listen to this Song as much as I used to when I first into Ayu's music but I still enjoy it everytime it comes up.


16. A song you are/were really excited about
BLUE BIRD
What made me excited about Blue Bird was that the single was released during the time I really got into Ayu. So yeah that was a exciting time for me, seeing this single released and all the new lives for Blue Bird

Kacku 16th November 2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teppei-chan (Post 3331084)
13. A song you like from the 10s
the next LOVE
Haha yes, I'm one of the persons that really likes this song :D. It felt like something new, she didn't have a song with that sound before and idk... I just Like this Song. Can't pinpoint a certain reason it is Just Overall a good Song with great Lyrics imo

I'm totally with you, it's a great song! I love the lyrics and Ayu's delivery, she is so good on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikytaryan (Post 3331085)
9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
End of the World - it's a difficult song with her current voice, but I would love to see a new version for it.

Oh I would LOVE this too! The live version from PCDL is amazing, and getting an updated studio version adapted to her current voice... :luv2

-----

16. A song you are/were really excited about
I'm honestly having a hard time remembering a specific song... Maybe Merry-go-round? I was quite excited when the Feel the love/Merry-go-round single was announced (her first real single in several years!) and even though I wasn't as big of an m-flo fan back then as I am now, it was still exciting to find out she would be officially collaborating with them!

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Last minute

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Bold & Delicious

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Wake me up

7. A song that surprised you
The Show Must Go On

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
Shape of love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
FRIEND II

10. A song that should have been a massive hit
Mad World

11. A song you know by heart
fated

12. A song that's your life motto
no more words

13. A song you like from the 10s
Tell me why

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
Real me

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
ANother song feat. URATA NAOYA

Mikytaryan 17th November 2020 12:26 PM

I love seeing so many diverse opinions - a great way to rediscover Ayu's songs :yes

16. A song you are/were really excited about
Honestly, I was very excited for Ohia no Ki and Dreamed a Dream - new music in such a long time, beautiful pictures and beautiful messages. I wasn't disappointed as I love both songs :luv2
I think I was excited for every release, but most clearly, I remember Mirrorcle World era. That was a really hyped song and it delivered.

Sky High 17th November 2020 03:13 PM

1. A song Ayu should sing more often
Shape of Love


2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
Wake me up (Remo-con rmx)


3. A song that reminds you of wintertime

Winter diary


4. A song with a PV you love
Why... feat. JUNO


5. A song you first disliked but now love
walking proud


Day 6: A song that makes you want to run

Hello new me


7. A song that surprised you

Sweet scar


8. A song you think is easily overlooked
Love 'n' Hate


9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary

Will


10. A song that should have been a massive hit

Secret


11. A song you know by heart
appears


12. A song that's your life motto

RAINBOW


13. A song you like from the 10s
Don't look back


14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics

XOXO


15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
Dreamed a Dream

16. A song you are/were really excited about

BRILLANTE

Teppei-chan 17th November 2020 09:52 PM

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
And then.
Had to think a little bit about what söng I'm gonna chose but Í decided for And then. It's always á nice surprise whenever she sings this song live and ever since the PCDL live I hope to See that song performed more.

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
glitter AKBK "DJ Command" remix
She has many great remixes but one I listen to more often conpared to it's original Version is the Eurobeat Remix of glitter. I Love Eurobeat Remixes and this one gives glitter auch a summer song boost. Idk what it is but this one Scream Summer more than the original Version, at least to me

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
Zutto
There is nothing better than Walking around during a snowy day, filled with lots and lots of beautiful Cotton Candy like fluffy snowflakes and listening to Zutto. Miss those days

4. A song with a PV you love
is this Love
Always Loved the exploding effects in that of and is this Love is Just an awesome Song. What else is there left top was?

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Happy Ending
With this Song there always was one problem for me: it's on the "wrong" album. My Story as an album takes so much away from the individual songs. After the First 4-5 songs it gets hard to listen to the end. That's why I never payed Attention to Happy Ending and it didn't catch me. First with the Cirque du Minute live it found it's way in my playlist. Yes i didn,'t dislike it but there ist no Ayu Song I really dislike.

6. A song that makes you want to run
Not sure what Song to choose so I'm gonna cheat a little and say to her Eurobeat remixes.

7. A song that surprised you
Last Angel
For this I'd also chose Free & Easy but I don't remember how I felt when I first listened to it. With Last Angel we got such a banger among more laid back Tracks. I remember that someone asked her in Twitter If Last Angel would also be a midtempo/ ballad Song. And Boy she didn't lie when she said no

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
far away
Idk it Just feels like that this beautiful recieves the least attention from the trilogy. And If seems even Ayu don't sing this song If it's not paired with vogue and Seasons. Á beautiful song like that should get more love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
Signal
Oneof the best album tracks of A Song for XX, If would be interesting to see how this one woul'd Sound with a modern touch.


10. A song that should have been a massive hit
Mad World
Also going to chose Mad World. This Song has such a strong Message, maybe one of her best Lyrics in recent years and it would have deserved to get a huge hít

11. A song you know by heart
connected
I can sing along many Songs If they are played in the Background but I guess connected ís the only one I really know by Heart. Had the german single in repeat Back in the days, sonI would be Mad at myself If I could Not sing this song anytime I get asked to.

12. A song that's your life motto
Step by Step
The Lyrics are so empowering and has many parts that I could cite as a Life motto. These two speaks the Most to me "One more step, because our courage to step forward has more meaning than 100 steps"
"Rather than counting what we don't have
we must realize how many things we do have"


13. A song you like from the 10s
the next LOVE
Haha yes, I'm one of the persons that really likes this song . It felt like something new, she didn't have a song with that sound before and idk... I just Like this Song. Can't pinpoint a certain reason it is Just Overall a good Song with great Lyrics imo

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
XOXO
It's Not the best english she used in Lyrics but that's what makes this Song fun to listen to imo. And singing the Refrain Out loud is so much fun.
P.s Í just found out she is not singing " We're sich's Friends" but " What's the difference". Whoops, but I think I stay with my Version

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
ANGEL'S SONG
Don't listen to this Song as much as I used to when I first into Ayu's music but I still enjoy it everytime it comes up.

16. A song you are/were really excited about
BLUE BIRD
What made me excited about Blue Bird was that the single was released during the time I really got into Ayu. So yeah that was a exciting time for me, seeing this single released and all the new lives for Blue Bird


17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
Terminal getting remixed into a Vök style song would be such a eargasmn ( something Like this https://youtu.be/xJJSu1zN2kA). The genre of the Song would still be on the electro but also a different kind. Id Í should Name a while different genre I would say Post rock. That might also create something with a new feeling for that song

Sky High 17th November 2020 11:37 PM

17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
WORDS

Mikytaryan 18th November 2020 04:15 PM

17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
Marionette - not sure if a different genre but rather, an orchestral ballad version.

Surreal17 18th November 2020 10:05 PM

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
everywhere nowhere

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
Definitely one of the album tracks from ASFxx such as SIGNAL.

10. A song that should have been a massive hit
FLOWER, but the lyrics are probably too aggressive for mainstream media

11. A song you know by heart
Walking proud

12. A song that's your life motto
Love song

13. A song you like from the 10s
Wake me up

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
Lelio

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
XOXO

16. A song you are/were really excited about
Free & Easy

17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
aeternal

18. A song you like with a Japanese title
I can't remember any of them at the moment except for Hana.

Kacku 18th November 2020 11:07 PM

I love how everyone's naming MiJ songs for "should have been a massive hit". :laugh MiJ supremacy!!

17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
I love MY ALL, but I would love a version that goes out of the standard pop-rock box. I don't know what genre I'd want to hear it as, just something a little different!

18. A song you like with a Japanese title
HANABI! A true standout ballad.

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Last minute

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Bold & Delicious

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Wake me up

7. A song that surprised you
The Show Must Go On

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
Shape of love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
FRIEND II

10. A song that should have been a massive hit
Mad World

11. A song you know by heart
fated

12. A song that's your life motto
no more words

13. A song you like from the 10s
Tell me why

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
Real me

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
ANother song feat. URATA NAOYA

16. A song you are/were really excited about
Merry-go-round

Teppei-chan 19th November 2020 08:59 AM

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
And then.
Had to think a little bit about what söng I'm gonna chose but Í decided for And then. It's always á nice surprise whenever she sings this song live and ever since the PCDL live I hope to See that song performed more.

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
glitter AKBK "DJ Command" remix
She has many great remixes but one I listen to more often conpared to it's original Version is the Eurobeat Remix of glitter. I Love Eurobeat Remixes and this one gives glitter auch a summer song boost. Idk what it is but this one Scream Summer more than the original Version, at least to me

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
Zutto
There is nothing better than Walking around during a snowy day, filled with lots and lots of beautiful Cotton Candy like fluffy snowflakes and listening to Zutto. Miss those days

4. A song with a PV you love
is this Love
Always Loved the exploding effects in that of and is this Love is Just an awesome Song. What else is there left top was?

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Happy Ending
With this Song there always was one problem for me: it's on the "wrong" album. My Story as an album takes so much away from the individual songs. After the First 4-5 songs it gets hard to listen to the end. That's why I never payed Attention to Happy Ending and it didn't catch me. First with the Cirque du Minute live it found it's way in my playlist. Yes i didn,'t dislike it but there ist no Ayu Song I really dislike.

6. A song that makes you want to run
Not sure what Song to choose so I'm gonna cheat a little and say to her Eurobeat remixes.

7. A song that surprised you
Last Angel
For this I'd also chose Free & Easy but I don't remember how I felt when I first listened to it. With Last Angel we got such a banger among more laid back Tracks. I remember that someone asked her in Twitter If Last Angel would also be a midtempo/ ballad Song. And Boy she didn't lie when she said no

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
far away
Idk it Just feels like that this beautiful recieves the least attention from the trilogy. And If seems even Ayu don't sing this song If it's not paired with vogue and Seasons. Á beautiful song like that should get more love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
Signal
Oneof the best album tracks of A Song for XX, If would be interesting to see how this one woul'd Sound with a modern touch.


10. A song that should have been a massive hit
Mad World
Also going to chose Mad World. This Song has such a strong Message, maybe one of her best Lyrics in recent years and it would have deserved to get a huge hít

11. A song you know by heart
connected
I can sing along many Songs If they are played in the Background but I guess connected ís the only one I really know by Heart. Had the german single in repeat Back in the days, sonI would be Mad at myself If I could Not sing this song anytime I get asked to.

12. A song that's your life motto
Step by Step
The Lyrics are so empowering and has many parts that I could cite as a Life motto. These two speaks the Most to me "One more step, because our courage to step forward has more meaning than 100 steps"
"Rather than counting what we don't have
we must realize how many things we do have"


13. A song you like from the 10s
the next LOVE
Haha yes, I'm one of the persons that really likes this song . It felt like something new, she didn't have a song with that sound before and idk... I just Like this Song. Can't pinpoint a certain reason it is Just Overall a good Song with great Lyrics imo

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
XOXO
It's Not the best english she used in Lyrics but that's what makes this Song fun to listen to imo. And singing the Refrain Out loud is so much fun.
P.s Í just found out she is not singing " We're sich's Friends" but " What's the difference". Whoops, but I think I stay with my Version

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
ANGEL'S SONG
Don't listen to this Song as much as I used to when I first into Ayu's music but I still enjoy it everytime it comes up.

16. A song you are/were really excited about
BLUE BIRD
What made me excited about Blue Bird was that the single was released during the time I really got into Ayu. So yeah that was a exciting time for me, seeing this single released and all the new lives for Blue Bird

17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
Terminal getting remixed into a Vök style song would be such a eargasmn ( something Like this https://youtu.be/xJJSu1zN2kA). The genre of the Song would still be on the electro but also a different kind. Id Í should Name a while different genre I would say Post rock. That might also create something with a new feeling for that song



18. A song you like with a Japanese title
Sakura
A beautiful Song that don't get that much Attention from me. I don't know why but it's something I need to chance.

Mikytaryan 19th November 2020 04:03 PM

18. A song you like with a Japanese title
She has very few songs like this. Zutto... came to mind first due to it's wintery vibe but I think I love HANABI, both episodes, more.

Sky High 19th November 2020 04:10 PM

18. A song you like with a Japanese title
HANABI

Mikytaryan 20th November 2020 04:57 PM

19. A song that introduced you to Ayu
Dearest - Thank you Inuyasha!

20. A song for a family member
Hmmm, I'll go for Memorial address

Sky High 21st November 2020 09:45 AM

19. A song that introduced you to Ayu
kanariya


20. A song for a family member
ever free

Teppei-chan 21st November 2020 01:22 PM

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
And then.
Had to think a little bit about what söng I'm gonna chose but Í decided for And then. It's always á nice surprise whenever she sings this song live and ever since the PCDL live I hope to See that song performed more.

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
glitter AKBK "DJ Command" remix
She has many great remixes but one I listen to more often conpared to it's original Version is the Eurobeat Remix of glitter. I Love Eurobeat Remixes and this one gives glitter auch a summer song boost. Idk what it is but this one Scream Summer more than the original Version, at least to me

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
Zutto
There is nothing better than Walking around during a snowy day, filled with lots and lots of beautiful Cotton Candy like fluffy snowflakes and listening to Zutto. Miss those days

4. A song with a PV you love
is this Love
Always Loved the exploding effects in that of and is this Love is Just an awesome Song. What else is there left top was?

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Happy Ending
With this Song there always was one problem for me: it's on the "wrong" album. My Story as an album takes so much away from the individual songs. After the First 4-5 songs it gets hard to listen to the end. That's why I never payed Attention to Happy Ending and it didn't catch me. First with the Cirque du Minute live it found it's way in my playlist. Yes i didn,'t dislike it but there ist no Ayu Song I really dislike.

6. A song that makes you want to run
Not sure what Song to choose so I'm gonna cheat a little and say to her Eurobeat remixes.

7. A song that surprised you
Last Angel
For this I'd also chose Free & Easy but I don't remember how I felt when I first listened to it. With Last Angel we got such a banger among more laid back Tracks. I remember that someone asked her in Twitter If Last Angel would also be a midtempo/ ballad Song. And Boy she didn't lie when she said no

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
far away
Idk it Just feels like that this beautiful recieves the least attention from the trilogy. And If seems even Ayu don't sing this song If it's not paired with vogue and Seasons. Á beautiful song like that should get more love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
Signal
Oneof the best album tracks of A Song for XX, If would be interesting to see how this one woul'd Sound with a modern touch.


10. A song that should have been a massive hit
Mad World
Also going to chose Mad World. This Song has such a strong Message, maybe one of her best Lyrics in recent years and it would have deserved to get a huge hít

11. A song you know by heart
connected
I can sing along many Songs If they are played in the Background but I guess connected ís the only one I really know by Heart. Had the german single in repeat Back in the days, sonI would be Mad at myself If I could Not sing this song anytime I get asked to.

12. A song that's your life motto
Step by Step
The Lyrics are so empowering and has many parts that I could cite as a Life motto. These two speaks the Most to me "One more step, because our courage to step forward has more meaning than 100 steps"
"Rather than counting what we don't have
we must realize how many things we do have"


13. A song you like from the 10s
the next LOVE
Haha yes, I'm one of the persons that really likes this song . It felt like something new, she didn't have a song with that sound before and idk... I just Like this Song. Can't pinpoint a certain reason it is Just Overall a good Song with great Lyrics imo

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
XOXO
It's Not the best english she used in Lyrics but that's what makes this Song fun to listen to imo. And singing the Refrain Out loud is so much fun.
P.s Í just found out she is not singing " We're sich's Friends" but " What's the difference". Whoops, but I think I stay with my Version

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
ANGEL'S SONG
Don't listen to this Song as much as I used to when I first into Ayu's music but I still enjoy it everytime it comes up.

16. A song you are/were really excited about
BLUE BIRD
What made me excited about Blue Bird was that the single was released during the time I really got into Ayu. So yeah that was a exciting time for me, seeing this single released and all the new lives for Blue Bird

17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
Terminal getting remixed into a Vök style song would be such a eargasmn ( something Like this https://youtu.be/xJJSu1zN2kA). The genre of the Song would still be on the electro but also a different kind. Id Í should Name a while different genre I would say Post rock. That might also create something with a new feeling for that song

18. A song you like with a Japanese title
Sakura
A beautiful Song that don't get that much Attention from me. I don't know why but it's something I need to chance.


19. A song that introduced you to Ayu
Greatful Days
Once my family got Internet years and year ago I went to youtube and watched different Ayu PV's and I think Greatful days was one of the first ones I watched. There were more but Greatful days is one of the songs I remember that introduced me to Ayu was connected and Greatful days.

20. A song for a family member
Virgin Road
It's a beautiful song that I Always saw as a song towards a mother. The Lyrics really show a gratitude towards the person that brought you into this life and for all the moments you shared together being it sad or Happy ones

Kacku 21st November 2020 10:11 PM

19. A song that introduced you to Ayu
My first three Ayu songs were evolution, is this LOVE? and Because of You. I think the one that really got me first was Because of You; it was harder than what I usually liked to listen to at the time but it still got me good, Ayu's singing and the undeniable pop catchiness really did it for me.

20. A song for a family member
Ayu has so many good ones, and I'm gonna single out Who.... It's touching, it's timeless, I would love to see it be performed live again.

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Last minute

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Bold & Delicious

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Wake me up

7. A song that surprised you
The Show Must Go On

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
Shape of love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
FRIEND II

10. A song that should have been a massive hit
Mad World

11. A song you know by heart
fated

12. A song that's your life motto
no more words

13. A song you like from the 10s
Tell me why

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
Real me

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
ANother song feat. URATA NAOYA

16. A song you are/were really excited about
Merry-go-round

17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
MY ALL

18. A song you like with a Japanese title
HANABI

Sky High 22nd November 2020 03:54 PM

21. A song with a message
About You

Sky High 26th November 2020 03:26 PM

22. A song about music

Theme of a-nation '03 is all about music, it is really good and unique in her discography.

23. A song about gender

Somehow "W" is perfect for this category.

24. A song for fans

Who....

25. A song for haters


WARNING

adrtwb 27th November 2020 05:17 PM

1. A song Ayu should sing more often
Beautiful Day

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
Ladies Night - another night remix -

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Pride (such a powerful PV, her makeup, expression and costume are just perfect and it is still timeless!!)

5. A song you first disliked but now love
BALLAD

6: A song that makes you want to run
evolution

7. A song that surprised you
Mirrocle World

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
blossom

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
A song for xx

10. A song that should have been a massive hit
Like a doll

11. A song you know by heart
Love Destiny

12. A song that's your life motto
Microphone
もう迷ったりしない 後悔なんて無い
あなたと出会うのは 運命だったの
あたしである意味を 存在する意義を
与えて教えてくれる あなたが

13. A song you like from the 10s
Love song

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
Heartplace

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
Beautiful Fighters


16. A song you are/were really excited about
Dreamed a dream

17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
how beautiful you are

18. A song you like with a Japanese title
HANABI

19. A song that introduced you to Ayu
Love Destiny (I was actually into SPEED and I bought this Japanese drama compilation album from Avex, Ayu’s Love Destiny happened to be in this album and I feel in love and went crazy over her!!)

20. A song for a family member
End roll (I was listening to this song while my grandpa passed away)

21. A song with a message
Ourselves

22. A song about music
N/A

23. A song about gender
Lady Dynamite


24. A song for fans
MY ALL (what else? :p)

25. A song for haters
FLOWER

26. A song that you would ignore from her discography
Eyes, Smoke, Magic

Mikytaryan 27th November 2020 08:01 PM

Again, I want to reiterate how much I love how many songs people here share. I enjoy making connections between themes and her songs and what those mean to us :yes

21. A song with a message
how beautiful you are - I don't see a more beautiful message in this era of diversity :luv2

22. A song about music
Microphone - such a deep song that describes her relationship with music and her struggles.

23. A song about gender
Ladies Night


24. A song for fans
Sorrows (is it okay to pick a song twice?)
If not, the second one would be Curtain Call

25. A song for haters
WARNING

26. A song that you would ignore from her discography
Letter

27. A song you find hard to understand
Wake me up

Mikytaryan 2nd December 2020 07:30 PM

To wrap up November, here is a full list of my 30-day challenge.

Thank you for sharing songs and opinions everyone, I loved exploring these themes!

1. A song Ayu should sing more often
Sorrows - it's one of her most powerful songs, where she admitted her weaknesses and mistakes. Maybe that's why she doesn't sing it, but I love it.

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
Daybreak - HAL's Mix 2002 - the soothing melody and the lyrics do it for me more than the original version.

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
You were... - I listened to this song in the winter so many times, it was released at a perfect time for me and it became my favorite winter ballad.

4. A song with a PV you love
part of Me - the costumes, the colors, the perfection of make-up...

5. A song you first disliked but now love
W - I found it difficult to connect with this song. I still don't, but I love to listen to it at times and I started to see the power from it.

6. A song that makes you want to run
Naturally - it's one of my favorite songs of her. From the beginning, all I want is to start running, I resonated so much with it.

7. A song that surprised you
FLOWER - didn't expect a song like this, with lyrics so sad that tear you apart and the chorus sang with a wailing desperate voice. Perfection

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
aeternal - it gives me a nostalgic vibe and I love listening to it in the summer especially. I've seen that people don't resonate as much with it.

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
End of the World - it's a difficult song with her current voice, but I would love to see a new version for it.

10. A song that should have been a massive hit
WORDS - it's the most powerful song from TROUBLE in my opinion.

11. A song you know by heart
A song for XX "030213 Session#2" - I've been singing it since highschool, and I still love singing it. Really full of sorrow and emotion.

12. A song that's your life motto
SURREAL - a timeless song. The lyrics reflect some of my values and I still feel that way after so many years.

13. A song you like from the 10s
count down - it may be because it was from the beginning of the 10s but this song stayed with me...it made me think more about how she is a human being losing her hearing but can still sing about it.

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
Lelio - just a party anthem, with random lyrics but lovely to listen to.

15. A song that's your guilty pleasure
HONEY - sometimes I think this song is way too cute, but damn, I love listening to it.

16. A song you are/were really excited about
Honestly, I was very excited for Ohia no Ki and Dreamed a Dream - new music in such a long time, beautiful pictures and beautiful messages. I wasn't disappointed as I love both songs
I think I was excited for every release, but most clearly, I remember Mirrorcle World era. That was a really hyped song and it delivered.

17. A song that should be remixed into a different genre
Marionette - not sure if a different genre but rather, an orchestral ballad version.

18. A song you like with a Japanese title
She has very few songs like this. Zutto... came to mind first due to it's wintery vibe but I think I love HANABI, both episodes, more.

19. A song that introduced you to Ayu
Dearest - Thank you Inuyasha!

20. A song for a family member
Hmmm, I'll go for Memorial address

21. A song with a message
how beautiful you are - I don't see a more beautiful message in this era of diversity

22. A song about music
Microphone - such a deep song that describes her relationship with music and her struggles.

23. A song about gender
Ladies Night


24. A song for fans
Sorrows (is it okay to pick a song twice?)
If not, the second one would be Curtain Call

25. A song for haters
WARNING

26. A song that you would ignore from her discography
Letter - was this for Max?

27. A song you find hard to understand
Wake me up

28. A song you like that's a collaboration
A song is born

29. A song that tells a story
Together when...

30. A song for celebration
The Show Must Go On


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.