Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   why And Then is named And Then? Moments is named Moments? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24842)

yamogi 28th December 2004 08:12 AM

why And Then is named And Then? Moments is named Moments?
 
I can't find out the relation between the title And Then and the song,can someone explain? also moments is the same.. :no

ImpactBreaker 28th December 2004 08:23 AM

Quote:

I don't know why I remember what I heard long ago
From someone whose face I don't even remember
It was maybe that the important things are unexpectedly nearby
And they are invisible

And he said we were born imperfect
So, in order to be perfect someday lalala...

When was I able to believe in invisible things?
Now everything is too visible, and I'm at a loss
A wise guy told something to ayu. She couldn't understand that when she first heard it but "And Then" one day all of sudden she realizes and can now see the invisible things that were all the time around her, the important things of life we usually ignore. That's kinda how I interpret it.

As for Moments thie Chorus of the song is strongly attached to the title and pretty much sums up what Moments are:

Quote:

If my life is transient like a flower
I'll be in full bloom by your side
And after watching your smile
I'll fall alone, quietly
A Moment is a transient part of your life in which you live certain situations.


The translations on the the lyrics in the quotes are from "masa"'s translations.

TeamAyu 28th December 2004 09:04 AM

Great explaination Impact!! I enjoy different interpretations of Ayu's work, cause I'm strange and have no life haha

yamogi 28th December 2004 09:22 AM

impactbreaker, could you also explain free & easy and heartplace

tommy96814 28th December 2004 09:36 AM

and then my fav song.

hana_sanctuary 28th December 2004 09:37 AM

Thanks for the interpretation, Impact ^v^

I personally don't like to speculate... well- at this point in time I don't want to speculate. Because I'm lazy. But I like to read other's explanations!

TeamAyu 28th December 2004 09:41 AM

I wonder who the 'wise guy' is in 'And Then' hehe, Max Matsuura? I'd hope not... that bastard, Gawd I hate Avex...

CREATE 28th December 2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu
I wonder who the 'wise guy' is in 'And Then' hehe, Max Matsuura? I'd hope not... that bastard, Gawd I hate Avex...

? bastard? why?
me don't understand :no

extepan 28th December 2004 12:46 PM

any1 has more interpretations?

Qt Mashi 28th December 2004 04:41 PM

interesting, i think there should be a sticky thread where ppl explains the interpretatioon of the song/PV :D

spacelion 29th December 2004 05:28 AM

Thanks for the interp.! What about 'A song for xx?' Why does it have that? Is it ' A song for..." or "A song for ex ex?"

ImpactBreaker 29th December 2004 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacelion
Thanks for the interp.! What about 'A song for xx?' Why does it have that? Is it ' A song for..." or "A song for ex ex?"

According to masa ayu made this song for her mother. 2 X because you use X in math as something "unknown", so ayu wanted to hide who was this song actually for, the first and second X are the name and family name. If you watch the CMs they always say only "A Song for......" and leave the rest blank, making it clear it's a song for "someone that can't be mentioned". To know why the song is for her mother you have to read the lyrics and read masa's article about the A Song for XX album in his website
( http://homepage2.nifty.com/morimasa/ayu.html )

kristen 29th December 2004 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
According to masa ayu made this song for her mother. 2 X because you use X in math as something "unknown", so ayu wanted to hide who was this song actually for, the first and second X are the name and family name. If you watch the CMs they always say only "A Song for......" and leave the rest blank, making it clear it's a song for "someone that can't be mentioned". To know why the song is for her mother you have to read the lyrics and read masa's article about the A Song for XX album in his website
( http://homepage2.nifty.com/morimasa/ayu.html )

I could be wrong, but isnt XX the chromosome order for a female? It would make a lot of sense especially if the song is for her mom. Its like... A Song for a Female.. or a mom. Especially since your mom is what gives you your 2 x chromosomes...

ImpactBreaker 29th December 2004 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristen
I could be wrong, but isnt XX the chromosome order for a female? It would make a lot of sense especially if the song is for her mom. Its like... A Song for a Female.. or a mom.

I think it would be really weird if she had put X as the chromosome...yep XX is the chromosome order of female. "appears" and I even joke with the name of the song sometimes saying "A Song for XY" ahahhahah. But I don't think ayu thought of chromosomes to make the title of the song...However I'm not ayu so that is a possibility to take into account since I don't think she ever mentioned officialy that "oh the XX means this" but by the way they mention it in the CM is more like "A Song for "??"", for who??, the X sound more like incognites (is this an english word? lol), something unknown.


EDIT: Since A Song for XX is such a negative song the X could also mean like someone went and marked the name with a X to show how they didn't like the name that was supposed to be mentioned. By the lyrics of the song ayu didn't seem so happy with her mother so the XX could be like when you mark something you had written and want to remove it but can't erase it so you draw the X. I dunno..... Just a bunch of speculation...


Quote:

Especially since your mom is what gives you your 2 x chromosomes...
One of the X chromosomes come from the father. There are 2 germinative cells and they both carry half of the chromosome content, so, in a female, she received one X from the mother and another X from her father.

lolo66 29th December 2004 06:40 AM

Isn't it suppose to be XY (chromosome-wise) if we want a safe birth? When it's YY or XX, it will be Down syndrome. haha (or is a extra chromosome?.../me checks medical site)

XX marks unnamed noun, that's my thought also, it's the general practice.

ImpactBreaker 29th December 2004 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamogi
impactbreaker, could you also explain free & easy and heartplace


I think in Free & Easy she's talking about liberty, freedom. The cover of the single with ayu ready to fight, the PV and the lyrics make me think that. However I'm not kquite sure what the expression "Free & Easy" means, is it really something like freedom? They also put Free & Easy near Heartplace in RAINBOW a song that talks about freedom and such, so I guess both songs must have a connection? I don't know. I need to interpret Heartplace better though because first of all "Heartplace" is not a real word and if I think of "a place in the heart" or "Heart Place" I still need to see a better connection with the titles and the lyrics so I'll read it much further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolo66
Isn't it suppose to be XY (chromosome-wise) if we want a safe birth? When it's YY or XX, it will be Down syndrome. haha (or is a extra chromosome?.../me checks medical site)


hah this is getting OT but so interesting
Y is the chromosome responsible for determining the sex.
If you are:
XO - a female (turner syndrome)
XX - female
XY - male
XYY - supermale - violent, you can find a lot of those in jails
YY - hydatidiform mole, no human being is born out of this combination. Causes a molar pregnancy which can progress to a malignant tumour in certain cases.
The more extra X's you add, the worse the mental retardation, the more extra "Y" you add the more violent and psycho
Down syndrome and many other syndromes are disturbs in autossomic chromosomes, not sexual ones. Down syndrome is when a person has an extra chromosome 21, meaning they have 3 chromosomes 21 in their non-germinative cells, a trissomy.

gakkun 29th December 2004 07:48 AM

I highly doubt the XX has anything to do with genetics. O.o
XX is just a symbol you use to indicate 'something', I've seen it used in Chinese as well. So Ayu didn't make it up herself.

Selekta 29th December 2004 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker


XO - a female (turner syndrome)

A magical O chromasome? :P

or does that mean no chromasome...

what happens if you have only a Y?

or you get YY?

or XXYY?

or you get XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

TeamAyu 29th December 2004 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
I think in Free & Easy she's talking about liberty, freedom. The cover of the single with ayu ready to fight, the PV and the lyrics make me think that. However I'm not kquite sure what the expression "Free & Easy" means, is it really something like freedom? They also put Free & Easy near Heartplace in RAINBOW a song that talks about freedom and such, so I guess both songs must have a connection? I don't know. I need to interpret Heartplace better though because first of all "Heartplace" is not a real word and if I think of "a place in the heart" or "Heart Place" I still need to see a better connection with the titles and the lyrics so I'll read it much further.

Well Free & Easy was basically written, and the whole 'Joan of Arc' theme done, to show Ayu's fight for freedom from the evils of Avex. They tried to destroy her, especially with the whole A Best thing, so Ayu put into lyrics her feelings towards Avex and that she would not fall to them. Well that's what I think ^^;; I need to think about it more, but yeah I just think it was her way of expressing her need for freedom and to rid herself of persecution from the damn record company. I never really thought about how Free & Easy and Heartplace are put next to each other on the album though, thanks for pointing that out haha. I wonder if her next song will be a power ballad as well.

kournikova 29th December 2004 01:27 PM

^^... dunno... coz moments is talking bout a some moment...
n and then is talking bout some suggestion.. i guess the title is like "and then what you say?" ^^

yamogi 29th December 2004 01:39 PM

I will try to interpret again all ayu's lyric

kristen 29th December 2004 06:34 PM

*laughs* down syndrome is where someone has 3 of their 21st chromosome.

^^;; anyways, the genetics was just a speculation. I did notice that Appears has A Song for XY in his sig lol

chibi_sunny 15th November 2005 11:17 PM

Quote:

A magical O chromasome?

or does that mean no chromasome...

what happens if you have only a Y?

or you get YY?

or XXYY?

or you get XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
LOL. but if that happens, the child will have some serious disorders, which is no laughig matter.

evolusean 16th November 2005 12:37 AM

A Song for XX
(Spoken: "A Song for...") Yeah, XX is just a generic thing to represent an unknown. They use it a lot in Japan; you'll see "XX Year, XX Month, XX Day" a lot. Sometimes they'll use other letters or even shapes. I don't think XX is just one person, myself. Maybe it was initially, but by the time A BALLADS came out, and Ayu changed the lyrics a little bit, she started singing to people in general as opposed to the person who originally made her feel that way. (changing "anata" meaning "you" to "mawari" meaning "everyone [around me]")

Moments
The whole song is about doing anything for or being anything to someone, even if it means you can only be together for a moment. In the first chorus, she says if she was momentary as a flower, she would bloom beautifully with this person just to make them smile for as long as she could before wiltering and scattering away alone. In the second chorus, she says that if she could soar like a bird, she would give this person her wings so he could fly away from his fears and pain. This means he would leave her, but they would still have that moment, that exchange together.

Free & Easy
To be free and easy means to be at ease, to be comforted. The song says that Ayu has been struggling for so long and it got to the point where she wondered when all the trouble would finally just stop. But this one person was able to show her the good side of things, and ease her restlessness. While she was stressed and anxious, this person could make her feel free & easy.

Heartplace
The only explanation I could come up with is a literal translation from Japanese. When you use words having to do with places (like "where" or "place"), it sort of means "about" in Japanese. For example, you can say "Datte kare no doko ga kirai na no?" ("What about him [lit. what place of him] do you hate?" "Suki ja nai tokoro wa tabun, shaberisugiru koto darou." ("What I don't like about him [lit. the place of him I don't like] is probably that he talks to much.") Using this concept, to say Heartplace (in other words, "place of the heart" or "the heart's place"), would be "kokoro no tokoro." Translating this less literally would be something along the lines of "about my heart" or "how I feel" or "my feelings." It's still a very general title that could apply to most songs. But Heartplace is a very direct-to-emotion song; it's a sort of confession.

Alternately, you could say "Heartplace" could mean "home". The song could also be seen as a tribute to her "comrades" who fought along side her. Maybe wherever she goes, they make it home for her. Just a thought, also.

And Then
I'm really not sure, there's no strong suggestion in the song itself. But "and then" is such a common, relatively meaningless phrase that it might be hard to pull from it.

JesA 16th November 2005 02:01 AM

not helping much...and this is out of the blue...but...
Vogue....
my guess on vogue, would be its about someone in their glory days, whos living the perfect life, but that would all end as they got older and more mature. (this was based on the chorus)
You Bloom Fully,
A beautiful open flower
After that your petals
Will just silently fall.
that pretty much tells about some whos beautiful and full of life who soon falls apart as maturity comes.


translations from....Wataru

fεяnαndδ 16th November 2005 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
According to masa ayu made this song for her mother. 2 X because you use X in math as something "unknown", so ayu wanted to hide who was this song actually for, the first and second X are the name and family name. If you watch the CMs they always say only "A Song for......" and leave the rest blank, making it clear it's a song for "someone that can't be mentioned". To know why the song is for her mother you have to read the lyrics and read masa's article about the A Song for XX album in his website
( http://homepage2.nifty.com/morimasa/ayu.html )

They did that for A Film for XX, too. ^_~

HanabiChick 16th November 2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayonara_Ne
not helping much...and this is out of the blue...but...
Vogue....
my guess on vogue, would be its about someone in their glory days, whos living the perfect life, but that would all end as they got older and more mature. (this was based on the chorus)
You Bloom Fully,
A beautiful open flower
After that your petals
Will just silently fall.
that pretty much tells about some whos beautiful and full of life who soon falls apart as maturity comes.


translations from....Wataru


Hmmm, I thought that the whole thing was about the type of career Ayu has, and who's popular one year might be so popular in the future. They bloom at the height of their careers and then they will just fall like other acts have. If you look at the title of the song, 'vogue', that says it all. Something or someone who's in vogue is someone or something that's extemely popular or the thing of the moment, there's a fashion magazine with that name :yes

JesA 16th November 2005 08:50 PM

well maybe yur right. i didnt consider the title with it cuz sometimes songs dont have anythign to do with titles....:rolleyes

jasjasss 17th November 2005 02:33 PM

why is people saying that AVEX is evil ?
i tot AVEX is a good company :S

Yarumi 17th November 2005 05:27 PM

I think they say that because they think of Avex as pushing Ayu for releases and working her hard :P if thats true st00pid avex!

JesA 17th November 2005 09:18 PM

oh yea? whatabout doing that tour,(Concert Tour 2000) when she had a cold? dispicable....*bites avex* grrooowl.....


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.