![]() |
NEXT LEVEL Official Sales & Positions Thread II ~the opening Run~
Sorry CHAS_AYU for making the thread but you still didn't open it and half a day passed since the last one had 500 posts =\.
Thank you for starting it ^__^. www.oricon.co.jp Note: Oricon doesn't use x1.7 or x1.75 indexes anymore, they post actual estimated sales. 1st Week Spoiler:
2nd Week 1st Day Position: #2 Sales: 8,161 Total Sales: 248,971 2nd Day Position: #2 Sales: 8,939 Total Sales: 257,910 3rd Day Position: #2 Sales: 7,209 Total Sales: 265,119 4th Day Position: #2 Sales: 5,759 Total Sales: 270,878 5th Day Position: #2 Sales: 5,280 Total Sales: 276,158 6th Day Position: #2 Sales: 6,193 Total Sales: 282,351 7th Day Position: #2 Sales: 7,817 Total Sales: 290,168 2nd Week Estimated Total 2nd Week Total Sales: 49,358 Estimated Total Sales: 290,168 Position: #2 2nd Week Official Total Sales: Official Total Sales: Total Sales By Far: 290,168 Play it safe kids. |
500 posts there including crap+arguements
thanks for 2nd thread |
Yeah unfortunately that thread ended quick because the pile that went there -_-.
Let's make this thread nice and evil clean! I wonder if the Music Station performance will help to get a smaller drop... usually TV performances barely help if at all ... |
i rly thought she would do better with this album than she did with guilty.. plus the four different versions, the singles sold pretty well.
:no |
I wonder how much it would sell if it didn't have four versions...
|
She's still NUMBER 1!!!
So a big Congrats for AYU!! :D |
Yes! #1 baby~ :D
|
Quote:
let's just hope it stays steady from this point on! :D |
LOL Let's stop worrying about sales. Yay for another number 1!
|
Quote:
|
Go Ayu! Hopefully today's sale will be great and not such a big drop! yay
|
if this album reach 300k i'm ok oredi
it's damn low |
yay for new thread :D
Quote:
can you imagine those die hard fans of her in japan ? already squeezed out dry from last month's Rule / Sparkle & then now this :dead2 anyway since the weekend's here , I do hope that sales will pick up |
Go Ayu! I hope her sales keep up! I don't want them to fizzle.
|
Thanks for the second thread and all it's updates. Hope A Complete can sell 300k in it's first week.
|
Quote:
|
note to sales: stop halving!
on the other side, who cares? it's a great album. |
do the usb encore production really count in april.....??
i hope it will rise d sales next mont plus the concert..... i hope today sales wont below 20k....... it's a great album.....n an album that get me into it since my story era..... i'm not really like secret n GUILTY..... even i cant memorize the song on them except d the singles..... |
thanks for the new thread!!
we needed it ^^ |
Yay for another number one! :)
|
Thanks for making this new thread!
Even though it wasn't good in terms in sales, its still a great album to have! I wonderin' why USB didn't help that much?!? I mean I thought that many avid fans will buy that version. |
^ I'm sure the ardent fans did buy the thumbdrive , it just baffles me as to why they're not counted into the sales mix
then the whole point in launching the thumbdrive campaign from the start is just for show only to a certain extent don't you think ? :shrug |
I'll laugh so hard if NEXT LEVEL spikes back to #1 when those encore USBs kick in.
|
Is she number one for the week? and how is utada's album faring? just wondering...
|
Quote:
|
The number of sales doesn't matter. What really matters is the position. Since physical CD sales only decrease over time, it's no use paying attention on units sold.
Ayu gets another 1 spot! Which is great! Was it GUILTY that didn't reach no.1? |
So are the USBs included or not?
|
Quote:
|
I thought the USBs are included, it was stated somewhere, i forgot where (very helpful i know). I think when the encore USBs ship out, then they will record the sales. By the way, how come the friday sales are not displayed on the oricon website today?
|
The sales are still really good. I'm happy she's still no 1 and it's not just her sales spiralling.
|
Thanks for making this thread!!!
I hope she will sell many many more albums!!! |
Hmm.. I don't have a report of her past releases sales but it would be interesting to make a comparison :)
|
GUILTY sold around 142,473 in 3 days (including the x1.7), NEXT LEVEL already sold 172,453. =D
|
Quote:
|
2009.03.27
Position: #1 Sales: 17,208 ayumisrael, Thanks for opening a new thread. :D |
but that's already multiplied by 1,75?
|
Quote:
but still good i guess thanks! |
Aww! Needed 800 to get 100.000 the first day! Too bad. Bit guess we will get 200.000 soon ^^
|
still drop ! i'm so sad ! but i hope good things'll come to this album soon !
|
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the comparison by far: GUILTY 1st Day: 39,292 x 1.7 2nd Day: 24,256 x 1.7 3rd Day: 18,391 x 1.7 4th Day: 19,874 x 1.7 Total: 173,082 NEXT LEVEL 1st Day: 99,200 2nd Day: 48,318 3rd Day: 24,935 4th Day: 17,208 Total: 189,661 DREAMS COME TRUE's album is down to #3, tohoshinki to #4 ayu gets another #1 for an original album ^^ 9 original albums at #1 =D great! |
Perhaps it would be good to put a note in the first post to inform that Oricon now states actual sales and doesn't use the index anymore. Just to avoid further confusion.
|
^Done. Thank you for the advice!
|
so far NEXT LEVEL is doing fine, i hope for a weekend boost ^^ the 1st week sales should be around 230,000copies i think. hopefully in e long run it will be able to break the 500,000 mark
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
i hope the sales dont go under 10k per day
that would be sooooo dangerous!! D: |
woahhhhhh thanks God that Ayu's sales is increasing!!!! cool!!!
congratzz Ayu!!! |
GUILTY has very good 2nd week sales, I doubt NEXT LEVEL will have same like NL
do u guys see Oricon's page???? they did promotion for NL http://www.oricon.co.jp/ |
So it's still currently beating GUILTY. It will outsel it as long as NEXT LEVEL sales have some longetivity.
|
Quote:
|
i think because Guilty was released on holiday and the news about her left ear that help to boost the sales so much !
|
GO AYU!! I'm really happy that her sales are beating GUILTY so far...
|
I think the sales are okay really...
The four different versions of NEXT LEVEL probably didn't make much of a difference because nowadays only the really diehard fans would buy more than one version. Reg listeners wld just buy the version with the most content. Plus the covers kind of all look the same, not much novelty value. |
lets spam people!!! LOL
Ive done spamming all over facebook, last.fm and this other blog lol "buy Ayumi Hamasaki's new album NEXT LEVEL from CDJapan! ;) http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-23856 http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-23858 http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-23859" LOL lets talk to our friends about it ;) and stuff :P |
Her sales are getting worse and worse. I wonder if NW will be able to even pass 300k... It's weekend so it might get better. Oh well, when you compare Ayu to other artists, her sales have never been bad actually ~
@_@ |
Thank you for the sales update! She's doing fine as it is, beating GUILTY. Let's hope NEXT LEVEL will have a solid 2nd week as well, and that the Rule TV performance would help sales for the next days.
|
can someone compair with the sales of Secret??
that album didnt sell that much either :S |
^Secret has sold almost 400k in first week and unfortunaly only 700k till now (or more i dunno)... I doubt Next Level will do better.
|
SHE NEED TO GET #1 weekly!!! Ayu-Ayu-Go!!! :)
|
^ I think she's saftely secured that now :yes
|
lol ever since day two i've been woondering why people were still scared DBSK would beat her
no hate |
thanks for the sales comparison ayumisrael :) it's really nice to see that NEXT LEVEL is at least selling a little better than GUILTY. congrats for another #1
PS>> @ SURREAL RAINBOW: your set seriously makes me LOL everytime i see it ;p |
wow! i NEVER post but I just want to congratulate ayu. As long as I've been an Ayu fan, I've never seen a succeeding album sell more than the previous album. It's selling more than guilty so far. Wow! This is some Confessions of a Dance Floor *******!
|
I'm glad she's at least selling better than GUILTY! :D
|
Huh..maybe Oricon could go back to using the x1.75 index thingy again? It looks much better. XD
|
^ maybe yeah.
If you calculate with the index, you'll surprise what it looks like. 189,661 (1st 4 day sales) x1.75 = 331,906 O___O |
^Albums were calculated in 1.7 singles with 1.75 xD.
Though yeah no indexes anymore but if there were NL's numbers were lower of course T_T. I'm glad that meanwhile NEXT LEVEL's 4 days sold more than GUILTY on its 4 days by far. I hope it will maintain the sales though. |
^Ooopsie!
I forgot that one! :D ^^ So, NL's 1st 4 day sales would be 322,423. Too bad they're not using indexes anymore. :( |
Yeah I miss the index too... ;_;
|
Quote:
|
^ Not much longevity. Hopefully NEXT LEVEL will be different... But only if she doesn't release like a maniac afterward.
|
|
she's nearing 200k!
keep it up ayu!~ |
NL debuted #4 at five music records Taiwan chart for japanese versionhttp://www.5music.com.tw/CDTop.asp?top=2
|
Looks like it's doing fairly well overseas too! ^-^;
|
i smell a
"lowest selling studio album" record creepin up! LOL with no holiday sales... sigh! |
if until the last day counting NL cannot reach even 250k..so ayu lose from Kumi, which Trick surpass 293k in 1 week...
|
Quote:
Secret sold good!! ^^ now we all know that, economic crisis + weak album = bad sales but because its ayu, I'm sure thats why she still got good sales! :) Quote:
it looks just like ayu in the NL pictures etc :P |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
I don't think it's fair to compare it to TRICK for a number of reasons... But I think TRICK pre-warned us to how low sales would be for female Jpop stars this year. I find it funny how KINGDOM AND GUILTY both sold over 500K and now it looks like Ayu and Kuu's albums will have similar sales this year too lol.
|
Total Sales By Far: 189,661
It's pretty good so far. I love this album.:P |
^ That is the unfortunate and inevitable truth, it seems.
|
Quote:
but i agree, everyone was throwing around the word flop, but i think it's safe to say it's just the music business for the jdivas. it will be interesting to see namie's next album's sales. |
Nice sales!
|
Quote:
it's not just Koda , everyone's affected by it but at least NEXT LEVEL is already doing so much better in every single aspect than GUILTY :yes |
Quote:
if we werent in an economic crisis this album would have sold as same as Secret or even more! ;) (referring to the few days of sales) |
Quote:
And doesn't Ayu always outsell Kuu in singles anyway? I know Kuu only has a handful of #1's so I never really considered that to be the reason Ayu would do better necessarily. It seems like they're both fairing out the same. |
NEXT LEVEL may end up selling more than TRICK did in the long run. It's too early to tell, I think.
|
Poor Ayu...
I hope the sales will go up along with the weekend boost^^ (I highly doubt it though) But I am really surprised at how Japanese female artist charts recently. Started with Kuu n then Utada... their charts were unbelievable... and now I see the ultimate unbelievable with AYu's NL. (Uhm.... I believe Utada charted lower than AYu's, but TitO will have US release, so i'll hold on to that) Now if only Namie release another album, in this same exact situation and charts even lower, that would be super ultimate unbelievable... the sales keeps getting lower and lower... and that's simply UNBELIEVABLE.... I gotta stop myself, I don't understand myself edit: And this is from previous thread Quote:
|
Quote:
|
It should maintain a #1 position for at least a week more..
|
I'm glad its first week sales are doing better than GUILTY's. In the long run NL should surpass it, this album is far better than GUILTY
|
5th Day
Sales: 18 809 Total Sales: 208 470 |
^ hey hey. that's really good!
|
Quote:
thats good!! :D:D:D thanks! |
^ Whooo! No drop!!!! It's surpassed 200k! Now if the next 2 days' sales maintain this number then it'll be great.
|
Quote:
|
good to see NEXT LEVEL has crossed the 200K :yes
|
Sorry I made a mistake. The 5th day's sales are 18089.
Total Sales: 207 750 |
I hoping it will surpass 30k in 5th day....
why this album not selling well?? if 5th day is 18089 so index is around 10k... 99220 is in index around 58k===> it is Ok but in 5th day only 10k is too bad... |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:33 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.