Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ayu DVD Region Help (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88970)

emikoishida 18th April 2009 03:16 PM

Ayu DVD Region Help
 
I'm shopping for Ayu's concert dvds and most of them say Region 2 or Region 3 and there aren't any Region 1s (USA, etc). I wanted to play them on my computer if I bought them so would they still have to be Region 1?

THANKS!:love

Meat Pao 18th April 2009 03:18 PM

Since the DVD Region code for USA is 1, unless you have a region-free player, you cannot play Region 2/3 DVDs. Some DVD players in the computer can play DVDs of any region though, like VLC Media Player for me.

Btw Region 2 DVDs are for the Japan versions and Region 3 DVDs are the Hong Kong / Taiwan Versions.

EDIT: Another alternative is to "hack" your DVD player to make it region-free, lol. You can find guides in the internet ;)

tbarnes10 18th April 2009 04:54 PM

I would be careful with using hacking because it will probably void the warranty on the computer, and if not done right it could possibly break you DVD player. Hacking the computer should only be done as a last resort

emikoishida 18th April 2009 06:05 PM

Would it work on a Mac?

GRACE 18th April 2009 07:01 PM

Generally, a computer will ask you if you want to change the region if you put in a DVD with a different region code. It can do this like three or four times before you're stuck in the last region you changed it too.

emi♡ 18th April 2009 07:11 PM

My boyfriend recommended a program called AnyDVD to get rid of the regions on the discs.

I haven't tried it yet, but that's what he uses to play region 2 DVDs on his computer.

He's never had to change it lol

I recently changed my computer to 2...but I figure, after I change it back to 1, I'll use AnyDVD.

PinkShinigami 18th April 2009 07:34 PM

I've always wondered of this too. What about all other DVD players? Pretty bad with it xD But well..

ohsixthirty 19th April 2009 01:25 AM

like Meat Pao said...

VLC Media Player~!!!

it plays every dvd no problem and works for mac and pv. i HIGHLY recommend it. :yes

micster 19th April 2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touchedstar (Post 1907021)
like Meat Pao said...

VLC Media Player~!!!

it plays every dvd no problem and works for mac and pv. i HIGHLY recommend it. :yes

VLC works on Mac but unless its had some sort of hack it cant play multi region. I know mine cant.

JackieRos 19th April 2009 01:35 AM

just be careful not to change more than 3 (i think)
If you do you will be stuck with that region you changed it last

I usually copy the dvd to my iMac it takes 1 hour for me

tbarnes10 19th April 2009 04:04 AM

I have a mac and nothing i have tried has worked in removing the region code from my DVD player. It's so frustrating, i've tried pretty much everything that has been stated so far and NOTHING has worked :grumpy. I have spent so much time trying to figure this out i have given up:(

JackieRos 19th April 2009 04:07 AM

wait what region code are you

1?

well usually when you insert it it should ask you

maybe someone else used your comp and used up all your region changing

tbarnes10 19th April 2009 04:21 AM

No right now I have my laptop set to region 2 so that i can actually watch all the DVD's i buy from CDJapan and other places. I hate that I can't watch my regular DVD's on laptop but if switch the region code I won't have any place to watch my Japanese DVDs.

JackieRos 19th April 2009 04:30 AM

you could copy your japanese dvd

i only have 4 dvds cos i don't want to waste my GB

chloeM 19th April 2009 04:33 AM

oh well, i just buy them~

Keiichi_JPU 19th April 2009 11:55 AM

Most DVD players can be hacked by putting in a simple code to make it Region 0 (which plays everything)

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Search your DVD player here (in detail, so not just "Toshiba" but also the specific type).

Once you've found your type, be sure to read all comments, and you'll find your answers there :) the instructions are usually pretty basic, like "open your DVD tray, press the following buttons and press 0 (to make it Region 0).

good luck!

and btw, it's not dangerous cuz I did it and it works perfectly.

micster 19th April 2009 12:20 PM

tbarnes10 I had exactly the same problem as you. Got a lovely new big monitor but couldnt watch my other region disks on my Mac meaning whenever I want to watch other regions I have to turn on my old Windows laptop and then VLC will play any region disks. It doesnt on Mac's cos of the drives but on Windows VLC'll play anything.

Also how is ripping the disks any help at all? When you have as many disks as me theres no way your going to have the hard drive space and its not like your going to want to watch them over and over again

JackieRos 19th April 2009 08:02 PM

I really dont recommend hacking

kendelle 20th April 2009 01:39 AM

My DVD player is Region 4, If I play in Windows media Player it will want me to change the region but since I use VLC player or Nero I can put in all kinds of regions and they all play great.

AyUta 20th April 2009 05:48 AM

There's so much confusion for me concerning these regions, so I wont bother changing anything. I'm just waiting until I can purchase a region free DVD player from Kinokuniya. So right now I have Ayu's Dome Tour 2001 just waiting for me to play it. I bought it two years ago at an anime convention and I've never seen it yet @_@.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.