Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New song 'We are the QUEENS' scheduled for September 30th release (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123172)

EndOfTheWorld 16th September 2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogboyShugo (Post 3215448)
I'm not fond over what she's promoting the song for, however she looks amazing...

Ayu, Warrior Princess. She'd give Xena a run for her money XD

Big Xena fan here!:yes:heart
That did come to my mind when I first saw it.

hud 17th September 2016 07:45 PM

oh I love it

and it's a cm for a GAME lol at people calling it ridiculous
it's a GAME...

Tomoyo 17th September 2016 08:37 PM

The commercial looks great! I think she looks really pretty in it. But this song is making me so excited. When she first started the refrain of the song at A Nation 2016, I was like "Please don't let this be a new song. It sounds idiotic." But now that the 30s cm is out and I've heard more of the song. I'm REALLY loving it! I can't wait for the full song. The 30th just needs to hurry up and get here.

Lilly 17th September 2016 08:47 PM

I loved We Are the QUEENS and Warrior Ayu! Can't wait for full version!

owlflight 17th September 2016 08:49 PM

I leave the country and Internet for two weeks and get this fabulous gem when I return. Looking forward to this release!

oaristos 17th September 2016 08:53 PM

I wonder if we're getting a PV for We are the QUEENS, since it's a digital single that's probably being released only to help promote the game.

Chris85 18th September 2016 08:47 AM

I haven't watched many Ayu PVs, but this CM looks better than the ones I watched.

truehappiness 18th September 2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaristos (Post 3215606)
I wonder if we're getting a PV for We are the QUEENS, since it's a digital single that's probably being released only to help promote the game.

Probably on the album it will be a part of, I think.

Yagami Raito 18th September 2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3215210)
I've studied Japanese advertising campaigns from in preparation for an interview with Ogilvy & Mather JP. They had many that inspired me and that were easily graspable.

Or you could take Dentsu for example, Japan's very own #1 award-winning advertising agency. Their campaigns are world-renowned and employ the best practices.

Good advertising is universal. The thing is, there's not a whole lot of good advertising, lol.

And again, the problem isn't outlandish advertising, I think it's just a weird language thing. By definition I took Clash of Queens to mean a coming together of various and multiple powers in a battle for supremacy. Communicating that as "Race Queen (a type of queen)" vs "Clash of Queen (multiple queens in battle, or the games concept itself, )" is a fail in my opinion.

Anyways, this isn't a critique on Ayu (she looks phenomenal in the CM and as mentioned the art direction is on point), but as someone whose been studying advertising for the past 4 years I can't help but analyze the idea itself and critique whether or not I feel the message is being delivered in the best possible way, as well as make an attempt to follow the logic. This is especially important considering my end goal is to work at an advertising agency in Japan. I guess it's good to know that you don't have to come up with particularly smart ideas to do it. Lol.

This CM was done by DENTSU... just to say lol

Anyway I hope we will have a PV for this song!

Refix 18th September 2016 11:34 PM

^^ or that CM is the only we get, no PV. Just like Hanabi.

Gustavopc 19th September 2016 12:02 AM

I feel like the chorus when she's singing "YES WE ARE THE QUEENS" is a bit too high, but other than this I am loving everything bout this so far, especially her looks

truehappiness 19th September 2016 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refix (Post 3215726)
^^ or that CM is the only we get, no PV. Just like Hanabi.

Odd example considering how long ago that was.

Zeke. 19th September 2016 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagami Raito (Post 3215671)
This CM was done by DENTSU... just to say lol

Anyway I hope we will have a PV for this song!

Omg, I am actually shocked, lol. I wonder who wrote the copy - the CM itself isn't bad, the copy is what threw it off for me.

truehappiness 19th September 2016 01:40 AM

Quote:

●広告主:Elex株式会社
●代理店:株式会社電通
●制作会社:株式会社TYOモンスター
●Creative Director:下薗隆洋(電通)
●Planner:坂本弥光(電通)
●Art Director:竹谷耕樹(電通)
●Ag Producer:小澤麻美(電通クリエーティブフォース)
●Prducer:面川正雄(TYOモンスター)
●Assistant Producer:山口香梨(TYOモンスター)
●Production Manager:齊藤大樹(TYOモンスター)
●Production Assistant:石川絵理(TYOモンスター)
●Director:工藤伸一(フリーランス)
●Director of Photography:河津太郎(Angle Pictures)
●Gaffer:櫻井えみ(フリーランス)
●Art:秋葉悦子(ART LABO)
●振付:菊口真由美(振付稼業air:man)
●Casting:小峰顕介(電通キャスティング)堀内みずき(GOLD CAST)
●Coordinator:棚田浩章(WORK’S)
●CG:武田貴之(finitto)
●Stylist(浜崎さん):伊藤景(abfab)
●Makeup(浜崎さん):木部朋美(ピースモンキー)
●Hair(浜崎さん):助川良幸(アルール)
●Nail(浜崎さん):山崎結衣(esNAIL)
●Stylist(SubCast):鈴江英夫(フリーランス)
●HM(SubCast):かろりね(フリーランス)
●Offline-Editor:前谷亜季(FRE-X)
●Online-Editor:岸愛美(IMAGICA)
●Sound Design:沖田純之助(okidesign)
List of staff for the CM~

AyuGAME 19th September 2016 02:37 AM

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psylp29250.jpg

EndOfTheWorld 19th September 2016 02:50 AM

Wow, that is a huge sword for small Ayu.:yeek
But these days she has the guns for it.:laugh;)
I really like that promo picture.:heart
It would be great as a poster or in a frame hanging on the wall.:yes

AyuGAME 19th September 2016 03:58 AM

after all conceptual photo working out better for her...

LEOyumi 19th September 2016 04:00 AM

I started playing this game just because of ayu and... Urgh, it's really bad lol
I wanted that ayu themed castle and the ayu avatar, tho :(
And the song sounds sooooo good, at least from the preview <3 can't wait for the full version!

SpiceSquad! 19th September 2016 05:37 PM

a big NO NO.. cheesy

oaristos 19th September 2016 06:48 PM

I also tried playing it because of Ayu, but I remembered that I can't get into these strategy games. :no Like, I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing in the game :laugh

rainbow_smile 19th September 2016 07:02 PM

You basically just upgrade buildings 90% of the time lol It''s not even a proper strategy game haha

pedronekoi 19th September 2016 08:01 PM

I've already deleted the game from my cellphone. I couldn't understand how to play it :(

Even tho we don't have the full song, I can't stop singing the 30secs version of it lol

yamadashun 20th September 2016 03:36 AM

^Same here. It's too complicated for me lol
Too bad I didn't even get to see any ayu castle before I deleted it.

SayukiChoco 20th September 2016 04:13 AM

I think it's quite fun to play. Though I often forget about it for some days and then I need to upgrade everything lol

!Lawi! 21st September 2016 10:44 AM

The song's out in a bit more than a month, is it safe to say we won't get a PV?

I hope the full song will sound better to me, and I somehow hope for some kind of medieval sounding intro!

Tomoyo 21st September 2016 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Lawi! (Post 3216144)
The song's out in a bit more than a month, is it safe to say we won't get a PV?

I hope the full song will sound better to me, and I somehow hope for some kind of medieval sounding intro!

It is releasing in about nine days actually.

!Lawi! 21st September 2016 03:40 PM

^Sorry I meant a week, I guess my brain is on a break already x)

Doesn't she usually announce on Twitter when she's shooting a video clip. And if so, how long before the release is it acceptable for them to shoot it? I imagine it's already super late but she has a reputation of doing things at the last minute, doesn't she?

Aderianu 21st September 2016 04:09 PM

Ayu didn't tell us when she made PVs for FLOWER and Mad World

pedronekoi 21st September 2016 04:17 PM

I don't think that she'll shoot a PV for this song. At least, not right now. Maybe when she release a future release (album, best or whatever) she includes this songs and shoot a PV.

The marketing strategy of releasing the full song two weeks after the CM is really strange. I'm so anxious for this!

//ABEST 21st September 2016 04:20 PM

she already shoot the CM so maybe we get similar PV filmed at the same time since the game seems to be the theme of the song (single cover and font)

yamadashun 21st September 2016 05:32 PM

^Oh I hope so!

Zeke. 21st September 2016 06:46 PM

Seeing as PV technically means "promotional video," then in this case the CM could be considered a PV. Lol. Ain't no way she's going to get that kind of budget for a full PV of her own.

AyuCanada 21st September 2016 09:12 PM

Anyway... when you look at which of her songs were successful... you can see that the PV quality doesn't really impact the success, It would give her views on youtube though.

LONJJONG 22nd September 2016 10:54 AM

She's gonna screen record herself playing the game as the PV

pedronekoi 22nd September 2016 03:25 PM

^ LOL I died.

hud 22nd September 2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONJJONG (Post 3216237)

lmao that would be funny as hell
the lashings as well :roflmao

Pieces_of_SEVEN 22nd September 2016 05:44 PM

Really though, I'm excited for the full song!

Didz-19 22nd September 2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by //ABEST (Post 3216169)
she already shoot the CM so maybe we get similar PV filmed at the same time since the game seems to be the theme of the song (single cover and font)

Remember what happen to Progress? LOL

attractive nausea 22nd September 2016 06:35 PM

^ Well... Progress was used for a game but it wasn't that obvious that the song was made especially for that game in particular. Whereas the mere title "We are the QUEENS" just screams "Clash of Queens" haha, she wouldn't have done that song if there was no tie-in.

AyuCanada 22nd September 2016 07:08 PM

I thought Progress would be the worst PV of her career... then Feel The Love happened...

orbitalaspect 22nd September 2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONJJONG (Post 3216237)

Interspersed with clips of Ayu rage quitting while a lamp swings back and forth above her head.

TeddyGrahams 22nd September 2016 08:56 PM

I just love how active ayu lately. I cannot wait for the full song since I tend to fall in love with most of her cm songs like sparkle green etc. The previews sound great and she looks stunning.

douggn 23rd September 2016 12:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Jq17YsTMaJI

Chris85 23rd September 2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by douggn (Post 3216342)

It was posted here more than week ago...

ExodusUK 23rd September 2016 03:26 PM

The sound really has potential for me...I miss Ayu's big rock "epic" choruses (Mirrorcle World, Progress, etc).

xLuna&1LOVE 23rd September 2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3216352)
It was posted here more than week ago...

Really? Because it seems longer than I watched before? More clearer preview of the song's chorus.

Chris85 23rd September 2016 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 3216381)
Really? Because it seems longer than I watched before? More clearer preview of the song's chorus.

Really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_smile (Post 3215073)
30-second CM with a longer preview of the song:

The lady in the TV report said "The new song is planned to be released on 9/30"

ExodusUK 23rd September 2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 3216381)

Same. It sounds like the audio has been swapped out with the final mix. The song sounded awful and cheap in the rehearsal video she posted nearly 2 weeks ago.

Chris85 23rd September 2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 3216383)
Same. It sounds like the audio has been swapped out with the final mix. The song sounded awful and cheap in the rehearsal video she posted nearly 2 weeks ago.

You're imagining things. Sound quality was awful, but the mix is the same.

douggn 23rd September 2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3216382)
Really.

sorry for reposting something, not everyone read's every post on every page :P so what if its a repost, just makes it easier to find again :)

Aderianu 23rd September 2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by douggn (Post 3216405)
sorry for reposting something, not everyone read's every post on every page :P so what if its a repost, just makes it easier to find again :)

sure. That's why it's in the first post with all info. truehappiness is very good in thread creation

SpiceSquad! 25th September 2016 06:34 PM

sounds cheesy to me.. dont like it

Next_Level29 26th September 2016 12:22 AM

have you watched ayus new insta video? you can hear the exact same preview from we are the queens, but it sounded not the same. was it the unedited studio version?

AyuGAME 26th September 2016 02:42 AM

yes..it feels more raw...

freedreamer 26th September 2016 06:10 AM

So I guess the released version will be more polished? I mean, she used to have different versions for CMs and actual release. like GREEN, 1 LOVE.

RealLight 26th September 2016 07:23 AM

I believe what we got on the CM is what will be released because there is a difference between that and what's on her IG videos, vocals (her pronunciation sounds something like when she's singing live) and instrumental wise.

Chris85 26th September 2016 08:20 AM

Why do you guys keep hearing this? All versions are the same, there's no difference, no "raw vocals". Why would they even use demo version when the song is clearly finished at this point?

//ABEST 26th September 2016 10:23 AM

it sounds more like it's from different part, maybe last chorus?

Next_Level29 26th September 2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLight (Post 3216695)
I believe what we got on the CM is what will be released because there is a difference between that and what's on her IG videos, vocals (her pronunciation sounds something like when she's singing live) and instrumental wise.

yes, exactly !!!!! the ' we are' is more like ' we a'

Aderianu 26th September 2016 11:31 AM

I think that's because of bad sound quality...

Pieces_of_SEVEN 26th September 2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3216700)
Why do you guys keep hearing this? All versions are the same, there's no difference, no "raw vocals". Why would they even use demo version when the song is clearly finished at this point?

This. There's a chance it's from a different part of the song, but I think it's exactly the same. IG isn't known for its superior audio quality.

pedronekoi 26th September 2016 03:01 PM

I hear a different pronunciation of "are" o the IG videos but you guys are saying it's the same since the first video, so I'll wait for the full song :P

RealLight 26th September 2016 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next_Level29 (Post 3216712)
yes, exactly !!!!! the ' we are' is more like ' we a'

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedronekoi (Post 3216745)
I hear a different pronunciation of "are" o the IG videos

:yes

LEOyumi 27th September 2016 04:06 AM

I'm sooooo excited for this song's release! It's sounding soooo good on the CM! I love her look on the cm, I wish it was for the (hypotetical) PV of the song too...

douggn 27th September 2016 07:40 AM

I just want the song already, I can play it while im playing clash of queens :P

!Lawi! 27th September 2016 11:56 PM

There was a longer extract in the video she posted today, probably the end of the song! I'm starting to like it but I find it pretty repetitive.

AyuCanada 28th September 2016 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Lawi! (Post 3217098)
There was a longer extract in the video she posted today, probably the end of the song! I'm starting to like it but I find it pretty repetitive.

Well it is surely repetitive cause we only heard the 2 same bars of the chorus and we've been playing them in loop XD

pedronekoi 28th September 2016 01:25 AM

I really liked this new part. Can't wait for full song!

Chris85 28th September 2016 02:56 AM

The song seems to be really good as expected but her voice sounded so forced, strained and tired before background vocals kick in...

ExodusUK 28th September 2016 04:20 AM

She sounds like she's in pain or being tickled in the new clip.

!Lawi! 28th September 2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuCanada (Post 3217100)
Well it is surely repetitive cause we only heard the 2 same bars of the chorus and we've been playing them in loop XD

Ahaha I guess you're right, I remember thinking the same about Sparkle and loving the full song!

attractive nausea 28th September 2016 08:05 AM

I really love the song, can't stop playing the last video! But just like some people said i think the clips she's releasing on instagram sounds like it's a demo/unfinished version lol, don't know if it's the quality or she's really uploading a demo/unfinished version as to keep us waiting until the official release to hear the song, some people say it's the same as the CM but come on, in the CM it sounds so polished and the way she says "we are the queens" is quite different to me :confused

CeReSu 28th September 2016 08:23 AM

Well, am I the only one who don't like the preview of the song?
Seems "dej vu" to me, I'm tired of these "Wowowowow yeah yeah yeah" she sings in almost every song. And her voice is horrible...

tokyoxjapanxfan 28th September 2016 08:35 AM

I doubt this'll be a song I -love-, but I love getting new music.

I'm not the biggest fan of progress song 4 u type songs and I kind of think this'll be similar. who knows though~

truehappiness 28th September 2016 08:36 AM

I feel like it could become a concert staple-ish.

Next_Level29 28th September 2016 09:15 AM

^totally. but its verrrry repetitive. dont know how to think about that. if its 4 minutes long, there wont be any more time to sing something else .. but for now on, i love it. !

freedreamer 28th September 2016 09:28 AM

It feels so gimmicky like XOXO i can't LOVE it but I might just enjoy it.

XOXO is super fun in concerts and maybe this might be too.

just give me a bridge or guitar bridge and it's all good. LOl

Heavenly 28th September 2016 10:58 AM

This was posted on FB :
https://www.facebook.com/ayu.officia...4408529577265/

I think it's the last part of the song (bridge + final choruses)
Sounds great to me :)

freedreamer 28th September 2016 11:12 AM

that ending sound...with a bang...feels so classic HAHA

Minttulatte 28th September 2016 11:54 AM

This song starts playing in my head on repeat every time I see Clash of Queens being mentioned somewhere, lol. It doesn't sound bad at all in my opinion. I just hope the full song is as good as I find these short clips I've found from Twitter.

holy_arrow 28th September 2016 01:50 PM

It reminded me " Tell All"
I love this song <3

oaristos 28th September 2016 02:51 PM

Wow, that really sounds like a mix between Tell All and Song 4 u.

AyuGAME 28th September 2016 04:34 PM

Can't wait for the full song...another two days...

RealLight 28th September 2016 05:09 PM

lol the ending is the only standout part from it.

I hope the full thing changes my mind. :)

AyuGiant 28th September 2016 07:32 PM

Is it available for preorder from anywhere?

KillTime111 29th September 2016 07:20 AM

Sounds like the version she used in her Insta post was the end of the final edit of the song, with a different verse in the second half than the previews from the CMs. The extended CM version is just a mash-up of the original verse and the ending of the song. That`s usually how production goes, they produce different versions for on-air to accommodate the lengths requested by production companies.

After hearing the version from her Insta post, definitely more excited about this song :)). Can`t wait to hear the full version :).

!Lawi! 29th September 2016 08:29 AM

Can we expect it as soon as midnight Japan time? I kind of hope there would be a radio version of some sort already!

tokyoxjapanxfan 29th September 2016 08:37 AM

They're almost always released at midnight so probably yes :)

attractive nausea 29th September 2016 09:26 AM

Really? I thought they released digital releases at noon, well i'm more excited if it's midnight!

Aderianu 29th September 2016 09:32 AM

it's always at the midnight in Japan and few hours later in Europe

!Lawi! 29th September 2016 12:01 PM

Great thanks! I'll be on the lookout! It's a long day at work and I'll really need a "you are strong" kind of song at 5 (European time) :D

AyuGAME 29th September 2016 02:09 PM

2 hours to go...excited

pedronekoi 29th September 2016 03:08 PM

Will it be available on iTunes?

andycruize 29th September 2016 03:10 PM

I just bought it from iTunes indonesia, its really awesooooooooome. I love it so much. The old ayu is back. Its 5 minute length.

attractive nausea 29th September 2016 03:17 PM

^ It's not even midnight in Japan yet! How can it be? :laugh

andycruize 29th September 2016 03:20 PM

Yup, Indonesia always get faster. Like utada fantome. I get it at 09:00 PM in ITunes indonesia Last night.

Aderianu 29th September 2016 03:22 PM

it's up on Japanese iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/id1156750809

HQ 1654x1654 cover
http://i.imgur.com/zbk8K7wm.jpg

attractive nausea 29th September 2016 03:22 PM

You're so lucky! Can't wait for it to show up on iTunes France

CeReSu 29th September 2016 03:23 PM

Hope someone will share it with us :)

attractive nausea 29th September 2016 03:24 PM

You can listen to a 1:14min preview on itunes japan