Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Artists & Bands (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [Koda Kumi] The 91st Official Koda Kumi Thread (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93878)

do it again 31st August 2009 05:50 AM

The 91st Official Koda Kumi Thread
 

The 91st Official Koda Kumi Thread
http://i29.tinypic.com/33ynx8y.jpg




Recent Appearances

a-nation '09

Set list
Spoiler:

8/1
01.Lick me
02.ECSTASY
03.爱のうた
04.人鱼姫
- DANCE SESSION -
05.走れ!
06.girls

8/8
01.Lick me
02.ECSTASY
03.爱のうた
04.走れ!
05.Lady Go!
06.girls

8/15
01.Lick me
02.ECSTASY
03.爱のうた
04.It's a all love(with Misono)
05.走れ!
06.Lady Go!
07.girls

8/23
01. Lick me
02. ECSTASY
03. 人魚姫
04. 愛のうた
05. 走れ!
06. Lady Go!
07. girls

8/30
01. Lick me
02. ECSTASY
03. 愛のうた
04. It's all Love! with misono
05. 走れ!
06. Lady Go!
07. girls

Pictures

Videos
Spoiler:







J-WAVE 2000+9

Set list
Spoiler:

01. Lick me
02. ECSTASY
03. Always
04. It's all Love! feat. misono
05. Hashire!
06. Joyful

Pictures


Upcoming Releases

↘[9.16] 45th Single「Alive / Physical thing」

Covers
PVs
Spoiler:

↘[10.21] 6th Live DVD「KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2009~TRICK~」

Covers:
http://i30.tinypic.com/2i829d.jpg
Limited Edition

http://i27.tinypic.com/2eok3tj.jpg
Regular Edition

Set list
Spoiler:
<OPENING MOVIE>
01.TRICK
02.TABOO
03.Driving
04.show girl/BUT/キューティーハニー/恋のつぼみ/D.D.D./show girl
05.SHAKE IT

<INTERLUDE MOVIE1>
06.Hurry Up!
07.That Ain't Cool
08.ECSTASY
09.Your Love
10.Moon Crying
11.Bling Bling Bling

<INTERLUDE MOVIE2>
12.stay with me
13.you
14.Always
15.This is not a love song

<INTERLUDE MOVIE3>
16.Winter Bell
17.JUST THE WAY YOU ARE~Venus~Lady Go!
18.Joyful

<ENCORE>
19.Sweet Kiss/愛のうた/Someday/空/LOVE HOLIC/WON'T BE LONG/Butterfly/It's all Love!
20.走れ!
21.Lick me
22.walk

Magazine and Live Appearances

Magazines
9/8 「TOKYO1週間」
9/9 「週刊ザテレビジョン」
9/14 「WHAT's IN?」
9/15 「月刊Songs」
9/16 「TVガイド」 
9/18 「ViVi」
9/24 「BLT」


Lives
9/12 MUSIC FAIR
9/13 MUSIC JAPAN
9/18 MUSIC FIGHTER
9/19 CDTV

4minute Girl 31st August 2009 05:52 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread!
But do you think you could put that animated image in a spoiler It's pretty large and it's slowing down my PC.

ストロボ・EdGE 31st August 2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE (Post 2078629)
If all of that is true, I can't believe that the erokakkoi Koda is not something she wanted. That was a horrible thing for Avex to have said, assuming that its true.

The source..., what was it? Was it a documentary on one of her tour DVDs or something where this was said?

I'm quoting my post since it was at the end of the last thread ^^;

love in music 31st August 2009 05:54 AM

great first post! very organized and no cheesy title! :thumbsup

do it again 31st August 2009 05:56 AM

:bbarf

to answer your question, it was a TV documentary.

ストロボ・EdGE 31st August 2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutieismylife (Post 2078643)
lol i was just really tired of those titles.

Oh ok ^^; So like anyways, since Avex said that to her, "You have to have this image if you want to be successful" etc, when did she start to sex things up and pick up the erokakkoi style she's known for? I'd figured she was always like that. And I can't believe she "doesn't like it" O_O

4minute Girl 31st August 2009 06:03 AM

In 2005 a little while before her contract was over, she needed to make a desperate move for some sales so they would renew it.

do it again 31st August 2009 06:05 AM

at the beginning of her career, she had a really plain image, nothing special to set her apart from other artists. the sexy thing was something that was popular at the time, so it was something unique and different. they knew she couldn't do the cutie thing too well because she doesn't have that childish appearance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4minute Girl (Post 2078646)
In 2005 a little while before her contract was over, she needed to make a desperate move for some sales so they would renew it.

the sexy began in 2003 though

4minute Girl 31st August 2009 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutieismylife (Post 2078649)
at the beginning of her career, she had a really plain image, nothing special to set her apart from other artists. the sexy thing was something that was popular at the time, so it was something unique and different. they knew she couldn't do the cutie thing too well because she doesn't have that childish appearance.

If "the sexy thing" was something popular at the time, how was it "something unique and different"?

do it again 31st August 2009 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4minute Girl (Post 2078652)
If "the sexy thing" was something popular at the time, how was it "something unique and different"?

what female artist at the time capitalized on that image?

4minute Girl 31st August 2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutieismylife (Post 2078654)
what female artist at the time capitalized on that image?

A lot of them. Too many to list.

maze 31st August 2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE (Post 2078645)
Oh ok ^^; So like anyways, since Avex said that to her, "You have to have this image if you want to be successful" etc, when did she start to sex things up and pick up the erokakkoi style she's known for? I'd figured she was always like that. And I can't believe she "doesn't like it" O_O

we don't know.. i think she liked that style always :yes

lmao @ the gif :laugh thank you cutie for this very good thread :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutieismylife (Post 2078543)
Ace quality video of Lick me from today's a-nation!

OH MA GAD.. i want to see this NOW *O*

ストロボ・EdGE 31st August 2009 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutieismylife (Post 2078654)
what female artist at the time capitalized on that image?

None. I mean, when you think of popular female Japanese singers (of that time[sort of]) you think of Ayu (not sexy), Namie (can be sexy but not like Koda), Ai (cute), BoA(...no), Hikki (WAYY no), etc. No one was really doing it then, and no one has to this extreme.

I know I'm dragging on but I'm really shocked to hear that she doesn't like this sexy image. Why does she keep doing it then? I kind of feel that she was sort of selling her self out. (I'm not trying to start an argument or flame, really!)

emi♡ 31st August 2009 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4minute Girl (Post 2078656)
A lot of them. Too many to list.

Not in Japan lol Maybe Namie...but no one was thinking about her then.

Remember that Japanese people really love American music.

Anyway, these are all the reasons why I really respect Kuu as a person.

@Edge: What other choice does she have? Her stuff still isn't selling as well as I'm sure they'd like. She at least gets to have some fun and diversity in her music now. Not all of the songs she comes out with are Juicy's or BUT's.

I think for her, making the "sexy" music is just part of the job. Like Ayu says, sometimes she wants to make music, and sometimes she has to make music because it's her job. I honestly think Koda's just happy to be here and performing.

And besides...I think she can manipulate it so she can have fun with it.

4minute Girl 31st August 2009 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiko (Post 2078659)
Not in Japan lol Maybe Namie...but no one was thinking about her then.

Remember that Japanese people really love American music.

Anyway, these are all the reasons why I really respect Kuu as a person.

@Edge: What other choice does she have? Her stuff still isn't selling as well as I'm sure they'd like. She at least gets to have some fun and diversity in her music now. Not all of the songs she comes out with are Juicy's or BUT's.

I think for her, making the "sexy" music is just part of the job. Like Ayu says, sometimes she wants to make music, and sometimes she has to make music because it's her job. I honestly think Koda's just happy to be here and performing.

And besides...I think she can manipulate it so she can have fun with it.

Just because they weren't one of the big three (Ayu, Namie, and Kuu) doesn't mean nobody else was doing it.
cutieismylife is saying they went with the sexy image for Koda because it was "popular" and in the same post he goes on to say that she became successful because it was "unique and different"
If it was so popular at the time, there's bound to be other artists who were trying it out as well. Of course, they didn't reach the same degree of success that Koda did.
All I'm saying is that Koda has never been successful or popular because she's unique. It was because she took her top off and had a big label backing her.
If she didn't do either of those things, she would be nowhere right now, much like the other artists who tried the same thing but fell into obscurity because they didn't have a big label to pull all of the publicity stunts and tricks for some extra attention and sales.

do it again 31st August 2009 06:18 AM

i think that she didn't like the sexy image at first, but did it anyways to continue doing what she liked doing. i do think she got used to it and ended up liking it, otherwise she wouldn't have continued doing what she did and enjoyed herself. when you watch her makings, you don't see a person who's forced to do things this way.

what i meant in the other post, was the sexy image was popular with the audience, but was unique and different in terms of what known artists were doing then. of course avex had a lot to do with it, she was lucky to be with a label who saw something in her that they could exploit to earn cash.

4minute Girl 31st August 2009 06:21 AM

I never really believed her when she said she didn't like doing the sexy image.
Clearly she's an exhibitionist and gets off on that sort of thing. Look at the control she has over her career now, and she still does it!
Not that I mind. I appreciate a girl who can get freaky like that.

maze 31st August 2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutieismylife (Post 2078663)
i think that she didn't like the sexy image at first, but did it anyways to continue doing what she liked doing. i do think she got used to it and ended up liking it, otherwise she wouldn't have continued doing what she did and enjoyed herself. when you watch her makings, you don't see a person who's forced to do things this way.

this.

ストロボ・EdGE 31st August 2009 06:21 AM

I guess she tries to get a message across with it too as in the case of TABOO, which was too extreme for my tastes, but if she's happy, doing what she loves and pleasing her fans I guess that's whats important regardless of what she was forced to do in the past.

4minute Girl 31st August 2009 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutieismylife (Post 2078663)
i think that she didn't like the sexy image at first, but did it anyways to continue doing what she liked doing. i do think she got used to it and ended up liking it, otherwise she wouldn't have continued doing what she did and enjoyed herself. when you watch her makings, you don't see a person who's forced to do things this way.

what i meant in the other post, was the sexy image was popular with the audience, but was unique and different in terms of what known artists were doing then. of course avex had a lot to do with it, she was lucky to be with a label who saw something in her that they could exploit to earn cash.

I understand what you're trying to say now, cutieismylife. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess you were just (miss)understood.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.