Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [romaji & translation] count down (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100030)

Shiori_Hamasaki 14th April 2010 04:49 PM

i love this song too
many thanks masa!!!

masa 15th April 2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 2320325)
A friend of mine mentioned that the left side / the words Ayu used to describe your left side are used in Japan to mean "your heart" since the heart is on the left side as well.

It seems like an intentional double meaning.

I don't think that Japanese people think "one's left side" means "one's heart" automatically. Usually, we don't say like that. So this phrase is a mystery in this song. But if I try to interprete it, I suppose it would be "her heart" and "her left ear".

I changed the line arrangement, according to the official lyrics.

asagarichan 19th April 2010 04:52 AM

thank you so mush!

HarukaKamiya 26th April 2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 2309311)
It's a "count down" to the end, I suppose.

I heard a lot of beep beep beeps like from when alarms go off due to countdowns ending during the song.

It's not to deafness since her other ear is fine, but just... I suppose the end of her career a la Duty?

The beeps could also allude to the sounds heard in hearing tests. Those sounds? THEY STAY WITH YOU FOREVER :dumbfound (I should know, I've been taking at least 2 of those tests a year for a little over 13 years now--yay being deaf in my right ear /no lie)

Well, she could also be alluding to eventually going completely deaf, which is a strong possibility. As a singer, it'd be damn near impossible to continue as such if completely deaf. So when she loses her hearing, she loses her singing career?

Amrai-chan 26th April 2010 10:27 PM

If Ayu's problem with her ear is Tinnitus could the beeping be a representation of what she hears?

From Wikipedia

Quote:

Tinnitus can be perceived in one or both ears or in the head. It is usually described as a ringing noise, but in some patients it takes the form of a high pitched whining, buzzing, hissing, screaming, humming, tinging or whistling sound, or as ticking, clicking, roaring, "crickets" or "tree frogs" or "locusts," tunes, songs, beeping, or even a pure steady tone like heard in a hearing test.[5] It has also been described as a "wooshing" sound, as of wind or waves.[6] Tinnitus can be intermittent or it can be continuous in which case it can be the cause of great distress. In some individuals, the intensity of tinnitus can be changed by shoulder, head, tongue, jaw, or eye movements.[7]

Most people with tinnitus have hearing loss,[8] in that they are often unable to properly hear external sounds which occur within the same range of frequencies as their "phantom sounds." [9]

duque 5th May 2010 04:03 AM

THANKS MASA!!!
now I can start learning the song faster xD

*°wann_ayubabies°* 5th May 2010 05:25 PM

very beautiful lyrics indeed *-*

thanks for the translation!!!

Mirrorcle Monster 5th May 2010 06:59 PM

Shangri-La???? OMG

toniayu 5th May 2010 07:03 PM

thanks ^^

lanfix 6th May 2010 12:18 AM

Thanks for the translation! I love this song :love

Misa-chan 9th May 2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 2309298)
I wonder why she named it count down...countdown to deafness?

There's that line in the chorus that goes "owari ga hajimaru" which means "the end will begin". I guess the beginning of the end is when a count down starts? :shrug

SPEAKERnight. 15th May 2010 04:47 AM

I'm loving this. The lyrics are really emotional.