Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] New Album TROUBLE on 15th August (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124166)

freedreamer 23rd July 2018 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3279001)
The cover has some ayu-mi-x first album mix with ayu-mi-x 5 vibes. A bit techno vibes.

It also tells a story with her expression. The title under her eyes her hands on her deaf ear = a message to us. Her eyes got trouble lately? I hope not..

I wished they titled the title TROUBLE vertically to REALLY look like the ayu-mi-x cover and also a teardrop
and to add some aesthetics, I do wished the word was glitched...to make it look like a modern rendition of a teardrop

EndOfTheWorld 23rd July 2018 04:50 AM

I also like the cover. It feels like a 90s throwback to me. Plus A Song is Born. To me it looks like she has her hand to her cheek or jaw, not her ear.
After seeing the covers and knowing some of the songs that will be included, I don't see how any of this stuff will relate to the title "Trouble".

dez0424 23rd July 2018 05:06 AM

If that cover is true, it looks like going into a $5 photobooth. It's not even worth a digital single cover. (the photographer is the director of mirrorcle world, green, lady dynamite, sparkle)

It's a wise move to include Live DVD/BD into albums given that her sales is pathetic. This saves DVD/BD printing and promo costs, plus her dvd/bds won't even make it to the charts anyway.

But the hidden rip-off trick is repelling.
Given that the price of 10k yen is quite standard for a cd + live bd purchased separately, they're making fans pay 20k yen for 2 cd + 2 live bd, of which 1 cd is repetitive.
This means they're securing our money of 2 live bds plus a single and a rip-off of 2000yen for nothing, all under the name of a "NEW ALBUM", which it's merely a mini album with old songs.

A cheapskate move we also see is only letting physical shops sell CD only versions. Not placing all versions in shops means less shelf cost, and they don't have to pay commission for cd sales, and no discounted prices on HMV/Amazon Japan. (meaning they're earning a full standard price all for themselves)

LONJJONG 23rd July 2018 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuCanada (Post 3278869)
What is the point of doing 2 versions of CD only if it is the same songs? If in 2 years she only had the desire to write 3 songs... she is truly lacking inspiration.

Also what kind of marketing is this? I'm a not a pro at marketing, but I think the joke would have tasted better if they decided to include those 5 songs as extra on a long due A best 3. The timing is good and the opportunity was there, it would have both fits with the 20 years and just the beginning tour... and it could have justified the price of the bundle because 20,000 yens for 5 songs mini that is ridiculous.

She has released 10 versions of "A", 5 versions of "H", A BEST with 6 different covers and A BALLADS with 4 different covers - all with the same content anyway... it's nothing new. :shrug

Katsuyuki012 23rd July 2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

her dvd/bds won't even make it to the charts anyway.
Exactly! Since her latest DVD totally didn't break the top 5 anyway! While her sales might not be what they once were, let's not exaggerate!

Chris85 23rd July 2018 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xianghua (Post 3278948)
It's so bizarre to build a new tour around 5 songs :o

She's been touring with 2 new songs for 2 years, so why not, if people are coming anyway?

I'm not disappointed in the new release for 2 reasons: 1) she has a huge catalogue of songs, I'm surprised she can still come up with words for new songs. I mean there has to be a point when you have said it all. So I feel good that she's still releasing something every once in a while.
2) I don't have to buy it.

As for leaking demo versions, Ayu, can you please make it a habit?

oaristos 23rd July 2018 05:27 AM

Okay, I really like that cover. It’s giving me some “A song is born” vibes and that’s awesome. I’m still salty about everything else though lol.

Xianghua 23rd July 2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3279024)
She's been touring with 2 new songs for 2 years, so why not, if people are coming anyway?

Yes, but those tours were standalone by themselves where I mean in this situation the tour is based off an album.

Bigtop 23rd July 2018 05:48 AM

I'm confused. Is it going to be two albums with five songs each? 1,944 yen and five songs sound so dumb for an album, or what is Ayu trying to do - split up an album into two mini-albums or something???

(Not to mention Perfume is releasing an album on the same day as well, and the debate on who's getting #1 on that week is another discussion.)

DonkeyKongRemix 23rd July 2018 05:48 AM

I'm ok with this.

Tomoyo 23rd July 2018 06:11 AM

It seems like she’s releasing one piece of the cover every two hours into her IG. it would be nice if we got the track list too. I’m super excited for this.

RealLight 23rd July 2018 06:31 AM

I just noticed they totally ignored CDL 16-17

Chibi-Chan 23rd July 2018 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtop (Post 3279028)
I'm confused. Is it going to be two albums with five songs each? 1,944 yen and five songs sound so dumb for an album, or what is Ayu trying to do - split up an album into two mini-albums or something???

(Not to mention Perfume is releasing an album on the same day as well, and the debate on who's getting #1 on that week is another discussion.)

No, it seems it's just a mini with five songs and two different jacket covers. Two of the songs will be WORDS and WATQ.

jbrat2219 23rd July 2018 07:02 AM

Nothing about this release makes any sense. If you're only going to have 3 new songs, why not make it a single? You could even add the two released songs as bonus tracks or something. The only thing I'm really interested in with this release are the DVD's (which I guess is the point?)

Bigtop 23rd July 2018 07:07 AM

I don't think singles are feasible for Ayu anymore. I believe all of Ayu's future new songs will come in an album, but then again, how well will it perform compared to today's popular artists...

MissElin_ 23rd July 2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLight (Post 3278846)
So, after 2 years and 2 ok songs, she just gives us 3 new songs and, once again, pays alterna dust...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41Yfy...M55m/giphy.gif

x2

I'm so not buying any special edition of this "mini album with desperation included". If I feel nice I might get the CD version. Maybe.

Aderianu 23rd July 2018 07:25 AM

Is it really confirmed that both CD will be the same? I actually think you guys began to whine too early.
For me it looks like new marketing strategy. How to boost sales? Split album in two parts and sale them separately.

relmy 23rd July 2018 07:25 AM

Cover looking good from the small preview! Reminds me of the first ayu-mi-x. Very fitting for the 20th anniversary.

KittyKathy 23rd July 2018 07:27 AM

Just half of her face on the cover. Hmm. Maybe there will be two mini albums. Another album with the other half of her face.

jiarongisme 23rd July 2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan (Post 3278977)
Was this not posted yet? One of the album covers:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DitwrfOUYAA5BTv.jpg

YAS BITCH YAS BITCH YAS BITCH... SLAY.

Wait.