Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ayu's full videos pulled out from Avex's Youtube account (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124661)

Taishaku 2nd October 2019 05:03 AM

Ayu's videos pulled out from Avex's YT account and reuploaded to Ayu's profile!

I was looking for the SURREAL video and then I noticed that all her videos are offline!
There's only the short versions from her official page :(
I know Avex is the ultimate definition of greed, but is there a reason why they did this?

Edit: Today, all of her videos have been added to her official Youtube channel! :luv2

EndOfTheWorld 2nd October 2019 05:10 AM

What??:nervous
It was so nice to have high quality full videos available. Hopefully avex has something better in the works.

BlackSilence 2nd October 2019 05:55 AM

Oh wow, i was just watching full on videos yesterday...*sigh*

minkAYuko 2nd October 2019 07:33 AM

They either gonna release a new compilation... OR/AND they are now available for the paidd subscription on youtube.

EndOfTheWorld 2nd October 2019 08:06 AM

Ayu started uploading the full versions to her youtube account.:think
We got the Distance Love project joined together now. She also uploaded Bold & Delicious -SIDE STORY-(album version) and M (Above & Beyond remix), were those on the avex account too? I can't remember.:tipsy

axmish87 2nd October 2019 09:39 AM

It seems that they are re-uploading full versions of her music videos.
The question is how long will they stay there before they pull them down again

Bigtop 2nd October 2019 09:39 AM

But does this have to do with YouTube Premium?

KarenPang 2nd October 2019 11:30 AM

Barks wrote that more than 130 full PVs of Ayu has been uploaded via https://www.youtube.com/user/ayu/videos in line with today being her birthday

https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000172490

I think that's a good thing then in future whoever want to watch Ayu's full PVs online can now just do that easily via YouTube

ExodusUK 2nd October 2019 11:49 AM

A lot of drama over nothing

freedreamer 2nd October 2019 02:34 PM

SO HAPPY FOR THIS!!! :D

Taishaku 2nd October 2019 06:46 PM

Ohh, those are great news!!! :luv2
I was probably checking both channels at the time they were doing this. :)

hud 2nd October 2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 3307652)
A lot of drama over nothing

we thought they weren't coming back. and they were 1080p (aka A COMPLETE BOX uploads) on avex's channel, now they're 480p. and I didn't see "a lot" of drama? lol

surrealA 2nd October 2019 09:29 PM

whos on Ayu PV marathon? -handsup-
what a way to celebrate Ayu's birthday!

minkAYuko 2nd October 2019 11:38 PM

OMG they uploaded M (above & beyond) I'm glad they acknowledge it <3

EndOfTheWorld 2nd October 2019 11:52 PM

I do like that her videos are on her own account now because I feel like it's easier that way. They won't get lost in avex's hundreds of uploads now. But the downgrade to 480p is sad. Why? Removing videos and replacing them with lower resolution video is ridiculous.

Sandy 3rd October 2019 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3307726)
I do like that her videos are on her own account now because I feel like it's easier that way. They won't get lost in avex's hundreds of uploads now. But the downgrade to 480p is sad. Why? Removing videos and replacing them with lower resolution video is ridiculous.

Uggh, this doesn't make sense... were they all (even poker face etc.) HQ before? Not only new ones, like Lady Dynamite or so?

EndOfTheWorld 3rd October 2019 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 3307737)
Uggh, this doesn't make sense... were they all (even poker face etc.) HQ before? Not only new ones, like Lady Dynamite or so?

They were all in 1080p before, all the way back to poker face. Now only recent videos are HD it seems.

minkAYuko 3rd October 2019 04:27 AM

Because they still want people to buy her compilations, this is just a tease for the HQ thing in the disc I guess ?. But it sucks, same thing happened to Perfume's videos they were uploaded in Low resolution. This is not youtube from 2006 :/

_dandy_ 6th October 2019 09:58 PM

And here I was looking forward to replacing the few videos I still only have in 720p for the 1080p versions. I don't understand business decisions like these (and I'm sure that's all this is)

Andrenekoi 6th October 2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dandy_ (Post 3307928)
And here I was looking forward to replacing the few videos I still only have in 720p for the 1080p versions. I don't understand business decisions like these (and I'm sure that's all this is)

The business decision here is making sure people still need to buy the HD videos if they want them.