Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019ー2020 A (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124586)

attractive nausea 11th November 2019 11:23 PM

Honestly I don't mind the logo, i'd rather have this than some hideous design like CDL 2010-2011

Norrel 12th November 2019 01:02 AM

I'm actually quite partial to the logo.

I'm not sure what's to hate besides the placement of the "A" logo, and if anything, echoes the Macy's logo.

I love the subtle rainbow(maybe LGBTQ+ nod?) and just how minimal it is overall. At the end of the day, it did its job: getting me excited for what this show has in store :)

EndOfTheWorld 12th November 2019 01:52 AM

I like the new logo and name.:luv2
The A would be nicer on the other side I think.

minkAYuko 12th November 2019 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3309690)

HAHAHAHA daaaaaaamn!! so it's true!! xD

Chris85 12th November 2019 08:51 AM

It may be a promised land, but no new material is promised.

TeamAyu2004 12th November 2019 10:00 PM

i really hope I can get a ticket :( . It would be my first CDL

Yoake 13th November 2019 07:38 AM

I really like the title of this new CDL. The logo is very simple but so 90s. It seems she is playing the nostalgic feeling a lot in the wake of the re-release of LOVEppears / appears. The only thing that bothers me is the A logo. It would be better if the Promise Land was centred.

Son_of_Sun 18th November 2019 05:39 PM

Guess we're getting new info soon.

https://i.imgur.com/13BYK8s.jpg

Toniayu123 18th November 2019 06:37 PM

Istg the tittle and the gay af logo got me all excited. I’m going to next year’s CDL (assuming there’ll be one) but I’m about to book a plane right now and go to this one as well lol

AJFmzk 19th November 2019 02:11 AM

Tickets will go on sale for TA starting Nov 28. They will be using some kind of AI technology for tickets sales. More details will be announced at a later point once things become more finalized.

adrtwb 19th November 2019 02:15 AM

do they really need to take this long to start the ticket selling?

Xianghua 19th November 2019 02:36 AM

I’m guessing it took so long because they are trying out this new technology.

Quote:

Regarding the tickets for this performance, we plan to sell the tickets using AI technology that some foreign big artists have integrated. This will be the first attempt in history made for a Japanese solo artist's performance.

njanjayrp 19th November 2019 06:31 AM

WTF!?

Corvina 19th November 2019 07:14 AM

I guess it's this:
https://re-how.net/press_releases/32225/

Whatever dynamic pricing means in the end.
And stopping unauthorized reselling of tickets.
Probably only will be possible on a official site in the future. Bye bye reseller shops.

njanjayrp 19th November 2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3310026)
I guess it's this:
https://re-how.net/press_releases/32225/

Whatever dynamic pricing means in the end.
And stopping unauthorized reselling of tickets.
Probably only will be possible on a official site in the future. Bye bye reseller shops.

Thanks. This sucks. Well I am officially giving up on going. This is too late for me to plan the trip.

tokyoxjapanxfan 19th November 2019 09:12 AM

Considering the target is japan, and of all concerts to sell out, it’s this one, they probably don’t feel like it’s that risky to delay it so long.

The way they say it like, big foreign artists are doing it, sounds so funny lol. It’s just tickets... unless we get some hologram or something lol.

Earth_maiden 19th November 2019 09:36 AM

maybe they're hoping to encourage people to join TA? Foreigners have had pretty good luck getting tickets since they made TA international.

tokyoxjapanxfan 19th November 2019 09:45 AM

Wait that article if I understand it, means a system where paying more money gets you better tickets, right?

I really hope this isn’t it...
I hate that system. It just means people with money get better tickets. Yes, that’s how it is now with ticket resellers too, but there’s still that serendipitous chance I could win one. Once that system kicks in (if that’s what this is) I can promise you I’ll be in the stands forever lol.

AJFmzk 19th November 2019 11:59 AM

^ Thankfully that’s not what it is. It has nothing to do with seat location. The system will automatically adjust pricing based on supply and demand. If tickets are not selling, the price will be automatically lowered to encourage sales, and the opposite if tickets start selling out really fast. Basically, it’s their way of trying to guarantee a sold out show, and if there is high demand they’ll make extra money off the more expensive tickets. It’s actually a really effective tactic. But does this mean they’re getting rid of the lottery or will the dynamic pricing go into effect for the different lottery rounds?

Corvina 19th November 2019 12:09 PM

That's what I fear - if they start this with TA, does that mean there won't be a FC lottery anymore?
So you can only buy earlier as a FC member with a dynamic price system?
Would hate that, cause at least with a lottery everybody had the same chance to win theoretically.

Xianghua 19th November 2019 12:16 PM

Gonna wait until we have official info but so far I don’t like this. I have so many questions regarding TA tickets.

AJFmzk 19th November 2019 12:21 PM

the email was not clear on how exactly it will work. I guess we’ll have to wait for details. They didn’t mention the lottery, just “ticket applications”. It’s very possible that this will be a first-come-first-served kind of deal for tickets, but the seats could still be random so everyone might have a chance at a good seat. As in, you buy a ticket at whatever the price gets automatically set to but you still can’t choose your seat, you’ll find out on the day when you get your ticket from the venue or mail like before.

Xianghua 19th November 2019 12:43 PM

Yes, I noticed it too they didn’t mention the lottery! That’s what I’m wondering about.

Ticket lottery is pretty much the only thing TA has going for it, so I hope they aren’t getting rid of it.

Toniayu123 19th November 2019 12:52 PM

Jesus Christ. This is indeed a bit confusing, but we’ll have to wait for details

AJFmzk 19th November 2019 01:12 PM

^ theoretically it’s possible to implement the dynamic pricing with the lottery if they do multiple rounds, but it’s all really confusing.

njanjayrp 19th November 2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJFmzk (Post 3310049)
^ theoretically it’s possible to implement the dynamic pricing with the lottery if they do multiple rounds, but it’s all really confusing.

Yeah they are very poor at communicating these things to TA.

Corvina 19th November 2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3310038)
Wait that article if I understand it, means a system where paying more money gets you better tickets, right?

I really hope this isn’t it...
I hate that system. It just means people with money get better tickets. Yes, that’s how it is now with ticket resellers too, but there’s still that serendipitous chance I could win one. Once that system kicks in (if that’s what this is) I can promise you I’ll be in the stands forever lol.

Just saw this.
That's actually true.
Cause as the article mentions the major league soccer Japan already uses this dynamic price system and there it means better seats - more expensive.
Which would fit to the system used here in the West as well.
Guess it depends on how it is used, different possibilities.
But avex is for sure gonna implement this new system for all their artists in the long run.

AJFmzk 19th November 2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3310058)
Yeah they are very poor at communicating these things to TA.

haha definitely. I feel like a first-come first serve model is how this is going to go, because that’s usually how dynamic pricing is used (and you can still do the random seat thing). But it’s possible they’ll keep the lottery and just make things really weird and unnecessarily complicated. But really anything is possible, including making the good seats more expensive. I didn’t read it that way initially, but it’s definitely possible, which would suck.

Chibi-Chan 19th November 2019 06:50 PM

I really liked the ticket lottery, since this way everyone has a chance at getting a good seat. I think it's more fair this way, otherwise I will never be able to pay for arena seats.

Corvina 19th November 2019 06:55 PM

I really wonder if this is going to help with sales.
They honestly don't need it in Japan imo.
Kuu's re(LIVE) e.g. was popular, so they've added standing tickets for a cheaper price.
So it already is working like that.

Aderianu 19th November 2019 07:21 PM

I believe that is fight with resellers, who is huge problem. Few years ago there was news how artists (or mostly companies) don't like this situation. People pay so much money for tickets and buy less goods

I know people with super expensive tickets from auctions were not alowed to enter the venue for L'arc-en-ciel live

rainbow_smile 19th November 2019 08:45 PM

Don't see how the change in pricing would fight the resellers though, since tickets in the west get resold a lot. The only way to fight resellers imo is a strict ID check

AJFmzk 20th November 2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_smile (Post 3310074)
Don't see how the change in pricing would fight the resellers though, since tickets in the west get resold a lot. The only way to fight resellers imo is a strict ID check

Yes. They did this for Namie's Finally tour. The tickets were digital only (scannable QR code) and they didn't email them out until 48 hours before the show. Then they checked your ID on the way in. The only way to resell was through their official website. As far as I'm aware, nobody was able to use someone else's ticket unless the sale/exchange was done through the official website, and if I remember correctly, Avex put price controls on so the ticket holder couldn't extort the buyer (not 100% sure about that though - I remember seeing something about it at the time, but I don't know if they actually implemented it.)

rainbow_smile 21st November 2019 09:00 PM

^ yeah i've been to a concert with a very strict id check before too (even though there were lots of attendees), so it's definitely a possibility... reselling the ticket was completely impossible there, you had to cancel the ticket and then they'd release it for general sale

AJFmzk 22nd November 2019 02:36 AM

^ It's definitely possible. So far everything is confusing and it could just end up being a huge mess and a pain for everyone. We'll just have to wait and see.

aliceshields 22nd November 2019 05:30 AM

They are taking too long, pity those who has/need to plan the trip, air ticket will be expensive or not available, and hotel too :no

ulfy01 22nd November 2019 05:48 AM

Hello TeamAyu members♪

For the first time involving a performance by a solo Japanese musician, all tickets for "ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019-2020 ~Promised Land~ A" will be sold via dynamic pricing!! The fastest priority booking of tickets is limited to fan club members!!

ayu's coming home to Yoyogi!

As to how much meaning these words carry,
for the people standing on the stage, or the people gathered here with their eyes locked on that stage,
even among ayumi hamasaki's long life as a musician, "today" is a day that has to be a night that has never been seen before. It opened up with that sort of extraordinary anticipation.
For just one night, so that Ayumi Hamasaki can continue to be herself, a set list was put together with songs singled out from her enormous discography, and there were numerous precisely calculated performances that should bring out their true meaning.
All the more for fans who have experienced on many occasions the unexpected moments of synchronization when ayumi hamasaki is up on stage,

"ayumi hamasaki" still has not changed since her debut,
and yet there was an "ayumi hamasaki" that no one has seen before.
That is what her fans will witness.

For this performance, the tickets will be sold via dynamic pricing for the first time involving a performance by a solo Japanese musician!
The fastest priority booking of tickets is limited to members of the fan club TeamAyu!

★Booking limited to fan club TeamAyu (first come first served)★
【The first advance ticket sales for a member of fan club】
Application period: 2019/11/28 (Thursday) 19:00~
* This first-come-first-served application is only for those who have a membership number issued within the application period.
* An announcement for the ticket purchasing page will be on the fan club website another day.

* Please note that the application is a first-come-first-served basis, not a lottery. Depending on the time of time, the website may be congested, so it may be possible that you will have to wait to purchase it.
* The application will be closed when the schedule number of tickets for the first advance sale for fan club members reaches the planned number.
* Even if the schedule number of tickets for the first advance sale for fan club members reaches the planned number, the second sale for fan club members and general sales will be carried out.
* Seat numbers will be decided by lottery in each seat type area. Please note that the application is not a first-come-first-served basis.
* The ticket for the admission is a digital ticket (QR code)
 Tickets (QR codes) must be shown on your smartphone or tablet device on the day of admission.
 Even if you present a printed QR code or a screenshot of a QR code, you will not be able to enter.
 Please note that our service for feature phones (flip phones) has terminated.
* The QR code required for admission and the seat number can be confirmed at 15:00 on December 17 (Tuesday), and 2 hours before the opening time on the day of the performance respectively, from [Display electronic ticket] on the application status confirmation page.

<Show Details>
[Title]
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019-2020 ~Promised Land~ A

[Schedule]
December 31, 2019 (Tue)

[Venue]
Yoyogi National Gymnasium, 1st Gymnasium

[Doors Open / Performance Start Times]
8:30 p.m. / 10:30 p.m. (scheduled)

[Ticket Information]
*There is a charge for children above the age of 3, and minors need permission from a guardian.
*One member can buy up to four tickets.

[Dedicated website (Japanese website)]
https://ticket.yahoo.co.jp/special/ayu_countdown/

ulfy01 22nd November 2019 06:00 AM

I wonder if overseas fans will get boned by the first-come-first-served system given the site is located in Japan and latency is important.

aliceshields 22nd November 2019 06:06 AM

No more lottery system.

Looks like is centrestage design.

Xianghua 22nd November 2019 06:17 AM

Welp. I work until 20:30 on Thursdays so I don’t expect to get tickets.

I hate avex.

Party_King 22nd November 2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliceshields (Post 3310178)
No more lottery system.

Looks like is centrestage design.

There is a lottery system at each seat area but not for the whole arena.

Party_King 22nd November 2019 06:30 AM

Tickets for "ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019-2020 ~Promised Land~ A(ロゴ)" will be sold via dynamic pricing!! The fastest priority booking of tickets is limited to fan club members!!
2019/11/22
ayu's coming home to Yoyogi!

As to how much meaning these words carry,
for the people standing on the stage, or the people gathered here with their eyes locked on that stage,
even among ayumi hamasaki's long life as a musician, "today" is a day that has to be a night that has never been seen before. It opened up with that sort of extraordinary anticipation.
For just one night, so that Ayumi Hamasaki can continue to be herself, a set list was put together with songs singled out from her enormous discography, and there were numerous precisely calculated performances that should bring out their true meaning.
All the more for fans who have experienced on many occasions the unexpected moments of synchronization when ayumi hamasaki is up on stage,

"ayumi hamasaki" still has not changed since her debut,
and yet there was an "ayumi hamasaki" that no one has seen before.
That is what her fans will witness.

For this performance, the tickets will be sold via dynamic pricing for the first time involving a performance by a solo Japanese musician!
The fastest priority booking of tickets is limited to members of the fan club TeamAyu!

★Booking limited to fan club TeamAyu (first come first served)★
【The first advance ticket sales for a member of fan club】
Application period: 2019/11/28 (Thursday) 19:00~
* This first-come-first-served application is only for those who have a membership number issued within the application period.
*An announcement for the ticket purchasing page will be on the fan club website another day.

* Please note that the application is a first-come-first-served basis, not a lottery. Depending on the time of time, the website may be congested, so it may be possible that you will have to wait to purchase it.
*The application will be closed when the schedule number of tickets for the first advance sale for fan club members reaches the planned number.
* Even if the schedule number of tickets for the first advance sale for fan club members reaches the planned number, the second sale for fan club members and general sales will be carried out.
* Seat numbers will be decided by lottery in each seat type area. Please note that the application is not a first-come-first-served basis.
* The ticket for the admission is a digital ticket (QR code)
 Tickets (QR codes) must be shown on your smartphone or tablet device on the day of admission.
 Even if you present a printed QR code or a screenshot of a QR code, you will not be able to enter.
 Please note that our service for feature phones (flip phones) has terminated.
* The QR code required for admission and the seat number can be confirmed at 15:00 on December 17 (Tuesday), and 2 hours before the opening time on the day of the performance respectively, from [Display electronic ticket] on the application status confirmation page.

<Show Details>
[Title]
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019-2020 ~Promised Land~ A(ロゴ)

[Schedule]
December 31, 2019 (Tue)

[Venue]
Yoyogi National Gymnasium, 1st Gymnasium

[Doors Open / Performance Start Times]
8:30 p.m. / 10:30 p.m. (scheduled)

[Ticket Information]
*There is a charge for children above the age of 3, and minors need permission from a guardian.
*One member can buy up to four tickets.

[Dedicated website (Japanese website)]

[Inquiries related to the concert]
Kyodo Tokyo
0570-550-799(Weekday:11:00 a.m. ~6:00 p.m. / Sat. , Sun. , Holiday:10:00 a.m. ~6:00 p.m.)

[For questions regarding the booking and tickets (intended for members living in Japan)]
0570-666-027
(weekday 1:00 p.m. ~5:00 p.m. (Excluding weekends and holidays))
https://info2.y-tickets.jp/inquiry/input

[For questions regarding the booking and tickets (intended for members living outside Japan)]
https://global-fc.net/teamayu/inquire/?

----------------------------
Presently, if you join the fan club "TeamAyu",
you can get the fan club members-only early ticket advance offer!!
Membership procedure from <<here>>!

aliceshields 22nd November 2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Party_King (Post 3310180)
There is a lottery system at each seat area but not for the whole arena.

Oh, I thought they scrapped the system completely :P

Katsuyuki012 22nd November 2019 06:42 AM

So who gets a ticket will be determined by how fast one is but what seat you get depends on the area you paid for and [the seat number] will be decided by a lottery within that area? Or did I misunderstand something here?

Chris85 22nd November 2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliceshields (Post 3310174)
They are taking too long, pity those who has/need to plan the trip, air ticket will be expensive or not available, and hotel too :no

They are minority, so AVEX or whoever is in charge doesn't care.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulfy01 (Post 3310175)
"ayumi hamasaki" still has not changed since her debut

They wish.

What's the point of dynamic pricing for THIS show? It's one single show that will happen on a popular date, will probably be filmed, which means it would be sold out at a regular price anyway. They want to make tickets even more expensive because of the demand?? Nice greedy move. Well, it's business after all.
Also QR codes can still be resold, no? If there's no ID check, there's no stopping resale. The only bummer is that there's no way to find out seat number before the day of the show. Or they will change the QR codes on the day of performance to prevent that? I guess the point is to make you log in and resellers would have a hard time providing you with their ID and password.

Corvina 22nd November 2019 09:20 AM

Saw this on Baidu:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/2285/NBbA27.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/8421/e3POaM.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/1996/VAJzf3.png

She really likes those centre stages, doesn't she?

Thanks for the info, guys.
Pretty much how I feared.
So basically you have to pay a lot if you want a good seat in the future (even tho the seat itself is random).
And FC is only a early access thing now.
Aw, man.

Linza-mo 22nd November 2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3310193)
So basically you have to pay a lot if you want a good seat in the future (even tho the seat itself is random).

Seats still randomly given BUT in the category you choose, so... it's a kind of middle ground !

They say that's the price will be fair... so i REALLY hope the maximum price will be lower than the usual price of the previous CDL (even if some people will have cheaper ticket with "better" seat haha)

Well, I just read this article, and I don't like this system at all

https://www.theticketingbusiness.com...namic-pricing/

Earth_maiden 22nd November 2019 09:53 AM

Center stages are amazing if you get to be there.

rainbow_smile 22nd November 2019 10:01 AM

I hate the first come first served system... and yeah I think the chances of the website crashing are pretty high

Chris85 22nd November 2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linza-mo (Post 3310195)
i REALLY hope the maximum price will be lower than the usual price of the previous CDL

How and why?

Toniayu123 22nd November 2019 10:40 AM

I honestly don’t mind paying more and have the option to choose the area I want my seat in. But the first come first serve thing scares the hell out of me, I have trust issues with net connection. Wonder if they’ll keep this system for future concerts...

Linza-mo 22nd November 2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3310200)
How and why?

Don't know but they wrote that with this system ticket price will be more gloablly "fair" so I still hope we will be "winner" after all

rainbow_smile 22nd November 2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toniayu123 (Post 3310201)
I honestly don’t mind paying more and have the option to choose the area I want my seat in. But the first come first serve thing scares the hell out of me, I have trust issues with net connexions. Wonder if they’ll keep this system for future concerts...

For me it's not even just the connection, it's the fact that you have to be online at that exact time and it's just not always feasible for me

Chris85 22nd November 2019 11:44 AM

It will suck not to be one of those lucky first buyers who will be able to pay less. I wonder how quickly this system changes prices and how the starting prices for 3 types of seating areas will look like. Will it be something like 11 000, 9000, 7000 yen?

AJFmzk 22nd November 2019 12:25 PM

There are more details available here: https://ticket.yahoo.co.jp/special/ayu_countdown/
Looks like there will be 2 rounds of sales for TA and then a general sale.

Federica-chan 22nd November 2019 01:29 PM

Oh my God, buying the ticket will be so hard... T_T

~angel*ayumi~ 22nd November 2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_smile (Post 3310205)
For me it's not even just the connection, it's the fact that you have to be online at that exact time and it's just not always feasible for me

Yup, Rammstein Tickets for their Europe Tour were sold out sooo damn quickly (+ the ticket site crashed several times)
I always loved the lottery system

Andrenekoi 22nd November 2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3310193)
Saw this on Baidu:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/2285/NBbA27.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/8421/e3POaM.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/1996/VAJzf3.png

She really likes those centre stages, doesn't she?

Thanks for the info, guys.
Pretty much how I feared.
And FC is only a early access thing now.
Aw, man.

She used center stage for what? 1 tour and 2 cdls so far?

Aderianu 22nd November 2019 05:34 PM

Love the idea of center stage

pedronekoi 22nd November 2019 06:43 PM

I wonder if everyone complaining about the new ticket process is in fact going to her concerts or just complaining as a sport...

Party_King 22nd November 2019 06:43 PM

^ I do really like it!
I‘m really curious about the Setlist.

maxikot 22nd November 2019 07:33 PM

This countdown is getting more and more interesting and that's great. Just give us a live broadcast now.

Corvina 22nd November 2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3310219)
She used center stage for what? 1 tour and 2 cdls so far?

?
I'm not judging, just observing.
There are artists active as long as her who haven't used a center stage even once. Haven't counted, but she's done it several times now- if she wouldn't like it, she'd have stopped after the first time.

ulfy01 22nd November 2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedronekoi (Post 3310224)
I wonder if everyone complaining about the new ticket process is in fact going to her concerts or just complaining as a sport...

I'm not going to CDL but I'm still a little concerned. CDL tickets were already in high demand before this new system. For the other concerts I've been to that used first-come-first-served systems you absolutely need a great internet connection. I just hope foreign fans don't get screwed over by this.

I want to go to the 2020 tour however, so this will be interesting to watch.

hisoka2014 22nd November 2019 09:29 PM

NEW WAY

This new system has good and bad

rainbow_smile 22nd November 2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedronekoi (Post 3310224)

Not this year's CDL, but chances are they might keep it for the future concerts, and I really wanted to see her live again once I can travel more easily, and this might really lower my chances lol

aliceshields 23rd November 2019 04:08 AM

I hope on the day when the ticket finally open for TA, the system won't melt down due to high traffic :meditate

Chris85 23rd November 2019 09:26 AM

Japanese fan is writing about a recent event that used this dynamic pricing system:
https://ticket.yahoo.co.jp/special/y_experience/
They say the event wasn't sold out, so it was possible to buy a ticket for 2000 yen on the day of the show. As a result someone who paid 50000 yen when the sales started ended up sitting next to someone who bought their ticket for 2000 yen.

chocopockymaster 23rd November 2019 12:23 PM

This entire model is fucking stupid.

attractive nausea 23rd November 2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3310242)
Japanese fan is writing about a recent event that used this dynamic pricing system:
https://ticket.yahoo.co.jp/special/y_experience/
They say the event wasn't sold out, so it was possible to buy a ticket for 2000 yen on the day of the show. As a result someone who paid 50000 yen when the sales started ended up sitting next to someone who bought their ticket for 2000 yen.

This is so stupid lol. I really don't know what to think of this system, i wasn't lucky and i didn't get very good seats with the lottery system so i'd totally pay more money to be sure to have a good seat. But at the same time the "first come first served" basis is really scary.

ulfy01 23rd November 2019 01:26 PM

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1078737

I guess fans aren't quite sold on the idea. They're reassuring us that TA get priority on both rounds of first-come-first-served. I don't think that was ever in question.

The thing that bothers me is that they make no mention of any price range. Give us a ballpark number. Like chris85 said, I feel that system has the potential to screw early buyers. Not that I think front-stage tickets will go for 50000 yen, but the potential to lose out is there.

tokyoxjapanxfan 23rd November 2019 11:28 PM

It’s essentially like air plane tickets now, which I think we can all agree is a terrible and frustrating experience lol.

I think this is an Avex thing not an Ayu thing. But yeah, I don’t look forward to this system.

ExodusUK 24th November 2019 12:22 AM

Wow ballsy thing to do considering Avex/Ayu should be doing everything they can at this point to please the small amount of fans Ayu has left.

TeamAyu2004 24th November 2019 09:21 AM

Can someone point me to where i can join TA so i can get this ticket please. haha

Chris85 24th November 2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 3310286)
Can someone point me to where i can join TA so i can get this ticket please. haha

"Presently, if you join the fan club "TeamAyu",
you can get the fan club members-only early ticket advance offer!!
Membership procedure from <<here>>:"
https://global-fc.net/teamayu/about

oaristos 25th November 2019 06:25 AM

It seems like they're trying to fix something that isn't broken by implementing a system that's unnecessarily complicated. It sounds like what a big company like avex would do...

I'm curious to read about your experiences purchasing the tickets, though. Maybe it's not as bad?

rainbow_smile 25th November 2019 06:37 AM

Wouldn't call this system complicated, that's how ticketing works in many (if not most) countries in the West and I know a lot of people who actually find the lottery system weird, confusing and unnecessary :D as for dynamic pricing, ticketmaster already does it for some of the concerts. It sucks for the fans of really popular artists but with someone less popular you can actually get tickets way cheaper than the face value without having to buy from resellers

Although I personally do prefer the lottery system myself..

~angel*ayumi~ 25th November 2019 07:49 AM

I also prefer lottery system, because everyone has the same chance.
As you say with popular artists you are screwed when you don´t have time the exact minute the sale starts or your connection is struggeling.
Imagine Namie´s Finally Tour whould have had first come first serve, the servers whould have totally crashed into pieces xD

ulfy01 25th November 2019 11:21 AM

"Also, "ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019-2020 ~Promised Land~ A" will be a special one night only live countdown show that will use dynamic pricing for ticket sales. However, starting in February 2020 each show for the "ayumi hamasaki TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A (TBD)" will not be using dynamic pricing. The prior ticket sales system from before will be used instead."

Email confirmed they will go back to the old lottery system for the 2020 tour. Good to know!

aliceshields 25th November 2019 12:24 PM

Ticket prices:

https://s.yimg.jp/images/ticket/cms/...pricetable.png

https://s.yimg.jp/images/ticket/cms/...et_seatimg.png

https://s.yimg.jp/images/ticket/cms/...t_seattype.png

Last line is wheelchair accessible seating area.

AJFmzk 25th November 2019 12:26 PM

This will be the first time dynamic pricing is used, so fans will likely not be familiar with the system. Therefore, we will post a Q&A about dynamic pricing ticket sales on the special website on today 9:00 p.m. (JST).

attractive nausea 25th November 2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliceshields (Post 3310333)

What the hell....
What does the last line mean ?

ulfy01 25th November 2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by attractive nausea (Post 3310335)
What the hell....
What does the last line mean ?

It's for wheelchairs.

njanjayrp 25th November 2019 01:02 PM

Well at least the tour will use the regular lottery for ticket sales...

Xianghua 25th November 2019 01:32 PM

I do believe they are just using this CDL as a test. Since it is only one show, they can see how it does and work out any problems before they implement it everywhere in the future (hence why 2020 tour will be the old system.)

Sorry to say this, but part of me just wants them to get bad feedback so they don’t stick with this system. But that won’t happen.

adrtwb 25th November 2019 01:42 PM

this is so confusing. does this mean that we get to select which tier to buy but actual seating will only know on the same day?

Gustavopc 25th November 2019 01:55 PM

As much as I don't intend to attend this CDL, I'm planning to see some avex artists in Japan next year, especially Kuu, so I'm keeping a close eye to this process. A pity they announced this system so close to the CDL's actual date, not a nice surprise for those who want to attend the concert. Let's wait and see how this rolls out.

njanjayrp 25th November 2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xianghua (Post 3310339)
I do believe they are just using this CDL as a test. Since it is only one show, they can see how it does and work out any problems before they implement it everywhere in the future (hence why 2020 tour will be the old system.)

Sorry to say this, but part of me just wants them to get bad feedback so they don’t stick with this system. But that won’t happen.

This doesn't really make sense for ayu atm (except from when there is just a single date) as she isn't that popular and her tickets aren't selling out nor are they in huge demand. So I believe that with the regular tours they'd end up earning less money eventually if they'd go with the dynamic pricing...unless they lock the minimum price.

jiarongisme 25th November 2019 02:00 PM

So the solution against scalpers is to BE the scalpers... Got it.

Xianghua 25th November 2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3310342)
This doesn't really make sense for ayu atm (except from when there is just a single date) as she isn't that popular and her tickets aren't selling out nor are they in huge demand. So I believe that with the regular tours they'd end up earning less money eventually if they'd go with the dynamic pricing...unless they lock the minimum price.

All the more reason to use this show as their test subject.

Federica-chan 25th November 2019 02:09 PM

30,000 omg...

Chris85 25th November 2019 02:34 PM

Ayu never disappoints with drama. I can only applaud AVEX. Hardcore fans will buy those expensive tickets right away, maybe the prices will even go up at first, but then they will probably start getting a little bit lower.
Who wanted Premium CDL? You got it.

njanjayrp, are you skipping the show after all?

njanjayrp 25th November 2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3310348)
Ayu never disappoints with drama. I can only applaud AVEX. Hardcore fans will buy those expensive tickets right away, maybe the prices will even go up at first, but then they will probably start getting a little bit lower.
Who wanted Premium CDL? You got it.

njanjayrp, are you skipping the show after all?

Seems so, making a decision tonight, seems we'll just go to South America for the holidays as this is simply too late and too risky, not to mention the tickets are too expensive~ even the initial pricing and I am pretty sure the red ones will probably be double the price once the whole thing kicks off. So worst case scenario we pay nearly 700 EUR for two tickets and I won't risk to get them on a later date.

Are you going?

Chris85 25th November 2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3310349)
Seems so, making a decision tonight, seems we'll just go to South America for the holidays as this is simply too late and too risky, not to mention the tickets are too expensive~ even the initial pricing and I am pretty sure the red ones will probably be double the price once the whole thing kicks off. So worst case scenario we pay nearly 700 EUR for two tickets and I won't risk to get them on a later date.
Are you going?

I see. Well, you'll get to see her next year as far as I undestand. You're probably right about the pricing, I was waaay off when I thought that arena seats could start from 11 000 yen :-)
I'm not going, I hope for a live broadcast.

Andrenekoi 25th November 2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3310349)

Are you going?

Where in SA?

chocopockymaster 25th November 2019 06:17 PM

Are they off their fucking rockers with those ticket prices???? omg

surrealA 25th November 2019 07:05 PM

Thats the average price resellers sold for past CDL

EndOfTheWorld 25th November 2019 07:55 PM

Are these the highest prices she has ever charged for her tours?:teek
To me, both the east and west way of concert ticket sales are a bit frustrating.:dead2

Chibi-Chan 25th November 2019 08:33 PM

The ticket prices are a fucking joke. Even the least good seats are more expensive than a ticket via the lottery system ever was. Wtf.

Toniayu123 25th November 2019 08:54 PM

Those prices are insane.
What if this is part of a strategy in which they’re trying to make her shows seem more exclusive? I mean, the harder it is to get, the more people desire to get it. So it could make people want to attend to the next tour next year and so on. Just trying to justify the movement lol