Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124177)

oaristos 25th July 2018 03:28 AM

New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~

New thread! :yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3278613)

「TROUBLE」- 2018.08.15 on stores

https://s1.imagebanana.com/file/180723/thb/8y6li3M6.png

01. We are the QUEENS
02. æternal (?)
03. WORDS
04. W (?)
05. The w.....

Information
Spoiler:

https://s2.imagebanana.com/file/180724/thb/lipd2Bg7.jpg
Type A CD Only
AVCD-93965
¥1,944
未定 (全5曲収録予定)

https://s2.imagebanana.com/file/180724/thb/BLBndcxZ.jpg
Type B CD Only
AVCD-93965
¥1,944
未定 (全5曲収録予定)

https://s2.imagebanana.com/file/180724/thb/PsiKQS2z.jpg
https://s2.imagebanana.com/file/180724/thb/PU8Hk11H.jpg
Type A + DVD + GOODS
AVC1-93967/B
¥9,288
★ mu-mo shop Limited edition Limited edition
★ Luxury BOX specification
★ both CD and DVD digipack specifications
★ Original photo card enclosed
★ Tour logo rubber key ring

CD

未定 (全5曲収録予定)

DVD

ayumi hamasaki Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 2017.7.17 Osaka-Jo Hall

01 ourselves
02 WARNING
03 NEVER EVER
04 Because of You
05 Pieces of SEVEN
06 Virgin Road
07 Distant Memories
08 my name's WOMEN
09 appears
10 RED & BLUE
11 Fly high
12 UNITE!
13 talkin' 2 myself
14 Mirrorcle World
15 Voyage
16 Movin' on without you
17 You & Me
18 SURREAL ~ evolution ~ SURREAL
19 Boys & Girls
20 Who...
21 Love song

https://s2.imagebanana.com/file/180724/thb/0RROViwe.jpg
Type B + DVD + GOODS
AVC1-93968/B
¥9,288
★ Signed (Print) Heart Shaped Clear Keychain

CD

未定 (全5曲収録予定)

DVD

ayumi hamasaki Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 2018.2.20 Okinawa Convention Center

01 I am...
02 Moments
03 A song for ××
04 RED & BLUE
05 Shake It♥
06 STEP you
07 Memorial address
08 Last minute
09 Pieces of SEVEN
10 Bold & Delicious
11 progress
12 FLOWER
13 ourselves
14 Ivy
15 Feel the love ~ XOXO ~ Lelio ~ You & Me ~ AUDIENCE
16 Boys & Girls
17 Love song
18 SEVEN DAYS WAR

https://s2.imagebanana.com/file/180724/thb/PU8Hk11H.jpg
Type A + Blu-Ray + Goods
AVC1-93969/B
¥10,368
★ Tour logo rubber key ring

CD

未定 (全5曲収録予定)

Blu-Ray

ayumi hamasaki Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 2017.7.17 Osaka-Jo Hall

01 ourselves
02 WARNING
03 NEVER EVER
04 Because of You
05 Pieces of SEVEN
06 Virgin Road
07 Distant Memories
08 my name's WOMEN
09 appears
10 RED & BLUE
11 Fly high
12 UNITE!
13 talkin' 2 myself
14 Mirrorcle World
15 Voyage
16 Movin' on without you
17 You & Me
18 SURREAL ~ evolution ~ SURREAL
19 Boys & Girls
20 Who...
21 Love song

https://s2.imagebanana.com/file/180724/thb/0RROViwe.jpg
Type B + Blu-Ray + Goods
AVC1-93970/B
¥10,368
★ Signed (Print) Heart Shaped Clear Keychain

CD

未定 (全5曲収録予定)

Blu-Ray

ayumi hamasaki Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 2018.2.20 Okinawa Convention Center

01 I am...
02 Moments
03 A song for ××
04 RED & BLUE
05 Shake It♥
06 STEP you
07 Memorial address
08 Last minute
09 Pieces of SEVEN
10 Bold & Delicious
11 progress
12 FLOWER
13 ourselves
14 Ivy
15 Feel the love ~ XOXO ~ Lelio ~ You & Me ~ AUDIENCE
16 Boys & Girls
17 Love song
18 SEVEN DAYS WAR

[TeamAyu original 2 form simultaneous purchase set]
Vinyl slide pouch (1 piece)
https://s1.imagebanana.com/file/180724/thb/WZypa0Ib.jpg
<Size> about 182 mm × about 128 mm
<Material> PVC

[TeamAyu / mu - mo shop original 2 form simultaneous purchase set]
Extra large postcard (2L size) (1 sheet)
https://s1.imagebanana.com/file/180724/thb/9wqO4BZB.jpg

Pre-Order Links:

https://s1.imagebanana.com/file/180722/thb/RCnBDUKZ.jpg

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1063692

Zeke. 25th July 2018 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia (Post 3279593)
I'm still loving everything about this release so far. I can't wait to listen to it straight through.

The covers are very interesting to me, and I like the "color" scheme.

Yeah, that’ll be the best blink of my life too.

AyuCanada 25th July 2018 06:18 AM

is there a special box for the 2 DVD-BlueRay bundle, or they send you 2 deluxe boxes?

jbrat2219 25th July 2018 06:18 AM

I really want the box set but you can only get it through mumo, right? Doesn't that require a Tenso account?

love in music 25th July 2018 06:32 AM

Wow so I was reading the rest of the previous thread and if that's really Max grabbing her breast.. I just.. can't understand why. There has to be some deeper meaning if that's the case? I'm disturbed and curious.

I am one that doesn't care that she is wearing CK on the cover. Come on, she has to support her lifestyle and she doesn't make as much as she used to. Good for her for grabbing some extra cash by promoting some ugly underwear on one of her CD covers.

I'm curious about these new songs from the titles. I really like æternal and W as titles. Honestly this release has been a success at getting fans curious and talking. I'm normally not this involved when ayu's about to release something anymore but this is just really interesting to me. It's nice to see AHS more active, reminds me of how it was years back before a release.

URANUS 25th July 2018 06:34 AM

This new CD is so exciting, especially the fan responses. It's been a while since we have had this kind of reaction.

freedreamer 25th July 2018 06:41 AM

æternal as a title is SO COOL!!

and Track 4 being potentially just W is like....W FACE HELLO?! LOL

truehappiness 25th July 2018 06:43 AM

W is a really normal way of saying double in Japan. I think you even see it on fast food menus, lol.

I think the songs we have heard are the last two and the one after We are the QUEENS has yet to be heard at all.

freedreamer 25th July 2018 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3279625)
W is a really normal way of saying double in Japan. I think you even see it on fast food menus, lol.

I think the songs we have heard are the last two and the one after We are the QUEENS has yet to be heard at all.

Really? I actually think we've heard aeternal and the last song. I mean, I just felt that W is such an impactful title which doesnt suit either of those midtempos hahah

theres a lot of W going on in this album

truehappiness 25th July 2018 06:52 AM

Well, the reason why is that what we've heard are both kind of midtempo songs and coming after WORDS, I don't think there's a place for a 'girl power anthem' other than inbetween We are the QUEENS and WORDS.

You also wonder why she skipped W for one song... or maybe it's æternaw.

cosmicfirefly 25th July 2018 07:19 AM

It seems like it might be similar to FIVE in structure, where progress was the upbeat song, then 2 midtempos, a ballad, and finally BRILLANTE. For this release so far, WATQ is upbeat, then the other three songs we've heard sound more midtempo/ballad range, so hopefully the last track will be more unique and different.

kotora 25th July 2018 07:36 AM

I am satisfied this release. I would look at this release in this way. This is more a release for Just the beginning tour. She did the longest tour in her career. She doesn't want the whole tour chapters cutting off into one DVD/Blu Ray release. Every chapter from Just the beginning is different.
(I am sure she will release chapter 2 with the future release.)

The new five songs are connected and they are in a theme.

Fuck the haters. She does what she wants.

tokyoxjapanxfan 25th July 2018 07:57 AM

Maybe W stands for woman/women
And it’s the girl power song

MissElin_ 25th July 2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3279625)
W is a really normal way of saying double in Japan.

Exactly. Koda Kumi W FACE is one example.

Anyway, this album release is (for me) a clear case of bad marketing. This should have been advertised as a two part 20th anniversary DVD release of two concerts from the pre celebrations. The CD with total 5 songs, 3 new being a bonus/secondary release to the DVD release. The CD should not be called an album but just a bonus CD or at it's very stretch, mini-album to support the DVD sales.

Just imagine the difference of reception if they marketed like that.
This way they would still keep in line with the 20th anniversary. Fans would feel the 20th anniversary presence. Fans would probably feel grateful to get a small mini-album to a DVD release as a commendation for the anniversary. Even the small tour goods added to it would tie together the theme. The CD having the same versions on both DVD wouldn't bother the fans too much since the CD would be a secondary release, a bonus. They would already be happy about it. Probably very excited getting new songs and this DVD release would feel extra, new and special. More worthy a 20th anniversary.

Instead they primary put this release as an album release (most fans feeling disappointed that there's too little songs to be named a regular album), they put the DVD's as some secondary release and the small rubber key chain is like just thrown in there to jack up the price. The concept isn't really mentioned because it's such a heavy focus on the new album instead of the anniversary of the DVD releases. Of course many fans are bound to be disappointed and feel like this release is lazy. I totally get it too.

Since I'm in marketing and brand marketing I might think overthink this, but imho I think this such a horrid marketing misstake they easily could have avoided with the same products. It's quite a stretch for a marketing team to think of this as a success if fans have to reset their own mindsets to feel at ease with this release (I've read too many people stating "I will think if this release like "this" or "that" and then I feel more satisfied"). Know your audience, listen to them, adapt after them, create products for them, not the brand you think you are god damn it.

Edit:
Btw, love the covers minus the CK add (for many obvious reasons). One of my favorite Ayu haircuts is the RAINBOW one and this takes me back to it. Lovely. I will maybe buy one of the CD only for the cover is gorg but I'm really not excited about the album. Excited about the 3 new songs, but not the album. Thank god for Spotify premium. :heart

Chibi-Chan 25th July 2018 08:28 AM

^actually I think this is a pretty good point and wouldn't have been a bad idea at all!
Too be honest I somehow feel as if Ayu and her marketing team actually really think that they had a good idea back then when selling LOVE and again as minis and that's why they are kind of doing it again. When in reality the marketing team just sucks.

Zeke. 25th July 2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissElin_ (Post 3279640)

Anyway, this album release is (for me) a clear case of bad marketing. This should have been advertised as a two part 20th anniversary DVD release of two concerts from the pre celebrations. The CD with total 5 songs, 3 new being a bonus/secondary release to the DVD release. The CD should not be called an album but just a bonus CD or at it's very stretch, mini-album to support the DVD sales.

This way they would still keep in line with the 20th anniversary. Fans would feel the 20th anniversary presence. Fans would probably feel grateful to get a small mini-album to a DVD release as a commendation for the anniversary. Even the small tour goods added to it would tie together the theme. The CD having the same versions on both DVD wouldn't bother the fans too much since the CD would be a secondary release, a bonus. They would already be happy about it. Probably very excited getting new songs and this DVD release would feel extra, new and special. More worthy a 20th anniversary.

Instead they primary put this release as an album release (most fans feeling disappointed that there's too little songs to be named a regular album), they put the DVD's as some secondary release and the small rubber key chain is like just thrown in there to jack up the price. The concept isn't really mentioned because it's such a heavy focus on the new album instead of the anniversary of the DVD releases. Of course many fans are bound to be disappointed and feel like this release is lazy. I totally get it too.

Since I'm in marketing and brand marketing I might think overthink this, but imho I think this such a horrid marketing misstake they easily could have avoided with the same products. It's quite a stretch for a marketing team to think of this as a success if fans have to reset their own mindsets to feel at ease with this release (I've read too many people stating "I will think if this release like "this" or "that" and then I feel more satisfied"). Know your audience, listen to them, adapt after them, create products for them, not the brand you think you are god damn it.

Edit:
Btw, love the covers minus the CK add (for many obvious reasons). One of my favorite Ayu haircuts is the RAINBOW one and this takes me back to it. Lovely. I will maybe buy one of the CD only for the cover is gorg but I'm really not excited about the album. Excited about the 3 new songs, but not the album. Thank god for Spotify premium. :heart

Very true. You don’t just presume and/or expect your consumers to adjust their way of thinking. Like there is no logic for even calling this an album. You already set your audience up for disappointment. It’s like saying “dishwasher for sale” when in reality it’s just a sponge. “Oh, well I guess technically this is a dishwasher in the sense that you wash dishes with it... also it serves the same purpose.” Really, how they can’t be sensitive to these very rudimentary concepts in marketing and advertising and still have a job is beyond me!! And here I am TRYING to find a job, lmao.

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissElin_ (Post 3279640)

Edit:

You are basing the success of the maketing strategy on a group (AHS) that is mostly formed by people that aren't the product target (Japanese people).

Do the Japanese care about this not being called a mini album? Love and again generates a huge meltdown around here and I remember reading her japanese public didn't find anything wrong with the release.

truehappiness 25th July 2018 08:53 AM

I think track 2 is still the one we have not heard yet since we've at least got a rough idea of lyrics for the other two and it seems most like AX WAT(ANABE) with all the references to 'two people' could be W and AX YUKU(MI) could be something like "The way I am" since the lyrics seem to just be Ayu reassuring people who have supported her.

This was the rough transcription someone did with a few missing parts:
Quote:

ひとつずつ 返したい
たくさんのありがとう達を
ひとつずつ 許したい
置き去りにしてきた過去達を
泣いたりしたね 憎らしいほど
それでも最後の小指外せなかった

輝く未来が この腐敗の中に
もしもあるのなら 君と見ていたい
こんな願いが まだ許されるのなら
なんとかもう少し 歩き続けるよ
こんな時代を

ひとつずつ 並べたい
???? ???
やっと笑えた あとは決まって
残酷な現実が頬を叩きに来るね

それでも未来は 明るいものだって
君が信じてないと言うなら
僕はここにいて 叶え続けるから
必要なくなった時にはどうか
きっぱり捨てて
Also a few lyric sites put up the full lyrics for the other song, still titled AX_WAT_516 SMZ_ATS, lol.

Quote:

出会ったあの頃の2人
まだ子供すぎて 傷つけて
それさえ全て 仕方ないと諦めたね

いつまでもいつまでも君は
側にいると思っていた
くりかえしくりかえし
呟いてる君の名を
最後に見た寂しげな君の
横顔が焼きついている
ねえどうしてバカだねって
笑い合えなかったんだろう

君との思い出なんて消えてしまえばいい

なんて思ったこと
何でなの一度もないまま
時間だけ通り過ぎるよ 2人を追い越す様に

さよならもうまく言えなくて
ありがとうも言えなかった
どうしてもどうしても
言葉には出来なかった
君といたあの夏の日々を
夢に見て目覚めて泣いた
思い出に変わっていく
僕たちは大人になる

もう2度と戻ることない日々だと
そう2人はお互いにわかっている

ならせめてどこかですれ違ったら
不器用な笑顔見せて欲しい

願ってるよ...

さよならもうまく言えなくて
ありがとうも言えなかった
どうしてもどうしても
言葉には出来なかった
君といたあの夏の日々を
夢に見て目覚めて泣いた
思い出に変わっていく
僕たちは大人になる
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3279655)
You are basing the success of the maketing strategy on a group (AHS) that is mostly formed by people that aren't the product target (Japanese people).

Do the Japanese care about this not being called a mini album?

They did it with sixxxxxx and people didn't really care then.

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 09:01 AM

^Yeap. We aren't really those they are aiming for with their strategies. Were we the focus, her career would be over considering she never had enough international following to make enough money of it and that we tend to hate a lot of stuff her japanese public loves and love a lot of shit she does that don't really work there.

freedreamer 25th July 2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3279657)
I think track 2 is still the one we have not heard yet since we've at least got a rough idea of lyrics for the other two and it seems most like AX WAT(ANABE) with all the references to 'two people' could be W and AX YUKU(MI) could be something like "The way I am" since the lyrics seem to just be Ayu reassuring people who have supported her.

This was the rough transcription someone did with a few missing parts:

Also a few lyric sites put up the full lyrics for the other song, still titled AX_WAT_516 SMZ_ATS, lol.

Time for a translation so we can put the title onto the songs :D

MissElin_ 25th July 2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3279655)

Do the Japanese care about this not being called a mini album? Love and again generates a huge meltdown around here and I remember reading her japanese public didn't find anything wrong with the release.

Yes you are very correct. I am basing my statement on the target audience I know, AHS and the smaller Japanese fanbase I personally know here in Japan. :yes

That being said, I still hold on to my point of view. I still believe there's so many marketing blunders in this release.

truehappiness 25th July 2018 09:22 AM

Well, it's been a thing for Ayu's marketing team to kind of not do that great of a job for a while now. This release is at least gorgeous looking but I think promotion and marketing has been sort of wonky for years maybe since after FIVE?

There's a lot of unique things they've been trying out though with each release since then which is... interesting, I guess? But nothing has stuck so they always try some other method(s) for the next release. TROUBLE has had the strangest of all these with the streaming sites + social media + live DVD forced in the album + Tower Records blitz among other things.

280301 25th July 2018 09:31 AM

I think putting We are the QUEENS and WORDS on this release as main tracks is probably the most significant mistake of this release (as opposed to the promotion and marketing). If there were 5-7 brand new tracks present, I would care a lot less about the semantics (album, rather than mini-album). Both previously released tracks should have been included as bonuses, or should be differentiated from their original releases in some way (album versions, for example).

Yoake 25th July 2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3279638)
Maybe W stands for woman/women
And it’s the girl power song

Oh that's an interesting interpretation.

Regarding how we already got a new thread so fast (it didn’t happen since years) and how many old members appeared suddenly to share their views, I doubt the marketing is wholly bad. One of the purpose of marketing is that people talk about the product. Even bad comments are better than none comments and indifference. That’s why most of the brands are using the bad buzz in the past years. And their sales didn’t tumble because of that bad image because people talked about them and there are always people who don’t care of that image.
What's odd and sad in this world is people talk mainly about the negative things and not about the positive things. It's like an outlet in their life. For instance, in reading comments on newspapers, I noticed that the most commented articles are always the ones people can complain and articles that present something good and positive don't have a lot or none comments. So maybe using this behavior is the best way to promote something nowadays? It’s sad but we live in a mad world.

truehappiness 25th July 2018 09:50 AM

Regardless of the methods they used, people come out of lurking usually to post about a new release no matter what. Often I find people still come to AHS but don't post unless something is happening like an album or something aka right now.

tokyoxjapanxfan 25th July 2018 09:50 AM

Most japanese fans I’m friendly with are annoyed that it’s being promoted as an album, because universally, an album has a lot of tracks.

So when it was first announced, everyone was excited, finally getting an album after 2 years, and then the album ended up being 5 tracks, and then it ended up including 2 songs already released.

There are going to be fans everywhere that’ll continue to defend this release, and that’s fine.

But announcing this as an album essentially set it up as a failure. It’s not an album. It’s a mini album or EP.

If this is an album, why isn’t FIVE? Why isn’t Love and again?

Albums and mini albums are separate entities in her discography based on how they’re labeled. This will forever be treated as an album.

It’s the way that it was announced that caused the issues. She’s been promoting a new album in her social media for awhile now, so most people were expecting an album. A true album. Like what most artists all around the world mean when they say they’re releasing an album.

Zeke. 25th July 2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoake (Post 3279672)
Oh that's an interesting interpretation.

Regarding how we already got a new thread so fast (it didn’t happen since years) and how many old members appeared suddenly to share their views, I doubt the marketing is wholly bad. One of the purpose of marketing is that people talk about the product. Even bad comments are better than none comments and indifference. That’s why most of the brands are using the bad buzz in the past years. And their sales didn’t tumble because of that bad image because people talked about them and there are always people who don’t care of that image.
What's odd and sad in this world is people talk mainly about the negative things and not about the positive things. It's like an outlet in their life. For instance, in reading comments on newspapers, I noticed that the most commented articles are always the ones people can complain and articles that present something good and positive don't have a lot or none comments. So maybe using this behavior is the best way to promote something nowadays? It’s sad but we live in a mad world.

You bring up good points.

I also understand your frustration with people always concentrating on the bad, but the way I see it is that maybe those people are those who constantly seek out ways to make improvements. I think having a thirst for making things better can manifest and present itself through things such as complaints, and then said person's attitude is misinterpreted as "negative." In actuality, they are just married to the idea of a positive that does not even exist yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3279674)
She’s been promoting a new album in her social media for awhile now, so most people were expecting an album. A true album. Like what most artists all around the world mean when they say they’re releasing an album.

lol!

Uknow! 25th July 2018 10:01 AM

I'm hoping for a remastered version of WatQ, I love that song but when I listen it with earphones is... urgh.

freedreamer 25th July 2018 10:02 AM

Maybe she can keep going on with a streak of bad buzz and then BAM, suddenly things become right one day and everyone will be OMG IS THAT FOR REAL? LOL...yea

And as Yoake pointed out, bad buzz. But I wonder if its intentional lol..
imagine releasing a brand new album with nothing anyone previously knows vs an album with these two tracks release long ago. People are BOUND to talk about it. And it's never Ayu's pattern to not release B-sides/random tracks in albums. I mean she even took Movin' on without you to release it in her own LOL

Chibi-Chan 25th July 2018 10:05 AM

I wonder why some people here seem to know what her Japanese fanbase thinks and are like "yeah but it's not aimed at international fans", even though they say about themselves that their Japanese is very limited, somehow know exactly what everyone in Japan likes.
I sure only have access to a limited group of her fanbase, and can't speak about her fanbase in general, but the handfull of Japanese people I know, who are fans or like her, actually don't like this whole thing. One friend messaged me in excitement over the album announcement just to be really disappointed, when I told her that it's just a mini. She won't buy it btw, since she fears it will be the LOVE again disaster all over again.
Speaking of LOVE again, some of them even thought, until I told them recently, LOVE and again where singles, since they only buy full albums by her and thought from the content that those must be singles. I mean, that's the state some of her fans are in. They like to go to her tours, but don't really care to pay attention what she's releasing anyway, so that buy looking at a tracklist they assumed it must be a single and decided not to buy it. Even though the same people still like to keep up with other older artists. They like Ayu and also her new music, it's not as if those people would only care about her old stuff. But the excitement for a release for them is pretty much gone, so that they mostly just rent her newer albums, rip them and that's it.
This marketing strategy, that is just a cheap rip off of how K-Pop artists are promoted, might work aimed at and not bother a younger audience. My guess is, that since Ayu's fans aren't that young and used to a "normal" release schedule with "normal" releases, they also aren't really liking that release. At least that's the impression I got while talking to people I know, if this is true for the majority of her fanbase, I of course can't say.

Zeke. 25th July 2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3279680)
I wonder why some people here seem to know what her Japanese fanbase thinks and are like "yeah but it's not aimed at international fans", even though they say about themselves that their Japanese is very limited, somehow know exactly what everyone in Japan likes.
I sure only have access to a limited group of her fanbase, and can't speak about her fanbase in general, but the handfull of Japanese people I know, who are fans or like her, actually don't like this whole thing. One friend messaged me in excitement over the album announcement just to be really disappointed, when I told her that it's just a mini. She won't buy it btw, since she fears it will be the LOVE again disaster all over again.
Speaking of LOVE again, some of them even thought, until I told them recently, LOVE and again where singles, since they only buy full albums by her and thought from the content that those must be singles. I mean, that's the state some of her fans are in. They like to go to her tours, but don't really care to pay attention what she's releasing anyway, so that buy looking at a tracklist they assumed it must be a single and decided not to buy it. Even though the same people still like to keep up with other older artists. They like Ayu and also her new music, it's not as if those people would only care about her old stuff. But the excitement for a release for them is pretty much gone, so that they mostly just rent her newer albums, rip them and that's it.
This marketing strategy, that is just a cheap rip off of how K-Pop artists are promoted, might work aimed at and not bother a younger audience. My guess is, that since Ayu's fans aren't that young and used to a "normal" release schedule with "normal" releases, they also aren't really liking that release. At least that's the impression I got while talking to people I know, if this is true for the majority of her fanbase, I of course can't say.

Good points. I would think that since her fanbase is older now, with fully developed brains, many fans are able to see a "trap" or "trick" like this and refuse to be roped into it or taken advantage of. When I was younger I could never had imagined the day when I would give up buying her albums. I thought to myself I will always buy the one "gold" version of the album. But one day it's like I woke up and just saw it for what it really was, a bunch of shit added into the mix that I didn't need or even want. I think as you become an adult you begin to look at things in a more practical light as a way of decluttering your life. At least that's what I realized about myself.

Yoake 25th July 2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3279676)
You bring up good points.

I also understand your frustration with people always concentrating on the bad, but the way I see it is that maybe those people are those who constantly seek out ways to make improvements. I think having a thirst for making things better can manifest and present itself through things such as complaints, and then said person's attitude is misinterpreted as "negative." In actuality, they are just married to the idea of a positive that does not even exist yet.

Lol Fustration is a too strong word to describe how I feel :laugh. It's just the outcome of a sociological analysis based on what I read through Internet and social media and what I hear when I’m walking in town and keep my ears open ;)
Yes there are some persons who bring solution in their comments. Unfortunately, I saw more venom than real and constructive solutions at least on social media. As this is a different topic I won't carry on here to avoid to be out of topic.

njanjayrp 25th July 2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3279681)
Good points. I would think that since her fanbase is older now, with fully developed brains, many fans are able to see a "trap" or "trick" like this and refuse to be roped into it or taken advantage of. When I was younger I could never had imagined the day when I would give up buying her albums. I thought to myself I will always buy the one "gold" version of the album. But one day it's like I woke up and just saw it for what it really was, a bunch of shit added into the mix that I didn't need or even want. I think as you become an adult you begin to look at things in a more practical light as a way of decluttering your life. At least that's what I realized about myself.

As you get older you also learn to appreciate the value of your hard-earned money and the time you took to earn it. The only way that I am buying this is for these to be a 2 x 5 DIFFERENT track releases. The odds of that are slim. If it doesn't turn into LOVE again I might buy it next year when I go see her.

rainbow_smile 25th July 2018 11:09 AM

æternal is just an old spelling of "eternal", so I think it fits a midtempo song. If that yukumi song is about reassuring people who support her, then she could be saying that the bond with her fans is eternal. And I don't think this title really fits a women empowerment theme.

The way I am (if that's the title) reminds me of things like WARNING, so it's more fitting for something feminist: I won't bend to the expectations of the society and I'll do whatever I want, I'll stay the way I am. Although W could be the feminist song too, if it stands for women

Zeke. 25th July 2018 11:12 AM

^ Someone mentioned the possibility of that track being æternum or something, which could make sense given that the letter m is merely an upside down W.

SKYia 25th July 2018 11:25 AM

So the vinyl pouch and card are only for those who order both versions or for anyone from TA/mumo? Not sure what "2 form simultaneous purchase set" is...? It's the first time I'm in TA and I'd actually like to order the CD+DVD ver B but I'm wondering if I can get the bonus items or no.

~angel*ayumi~ 25th July 2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3279696)
^ Someone mentioned the possibility of that track being æternum or something, which could make sense given that the letter m is merely an upside down W.

æternum is not possible, and now that I look closer I think it is æternæ or æternæl because the letter after n looks not like a normal a but the æ sign.

@Sofia
simultaneous means at the same time, so yes the pouch/postcard you only get if you buy the Double package for 20k

Chibi-Chan 25th July 2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3279681)

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3279687)
As you get older you also learn to appreciate the value of your hard-earned money and the time you took to earn it. The only way that I am buying this is for these to be a 2 x 5 DIFFERENT track releases. The odds of that are slim. If it doesn't turn into LOVE again I might buy it next year when I go see her.

Yes, exactly. As a teen I could have never imagined not to buy an Ayu release, but now I honestly don't want to spend my hard-earned money on something like this. I mean, I would have to work 20 hours to afford those box sets and this would mean no money for food nor rent earned. Realistically speaking, I would have to work a whole month and would not be able to buy anything else or go out with friends to buy that.
I think a lot of her fans nowadays feel like that, too. My one friend would have loved to buy a full album, like Ayu promised it to her fans via social media since quite some time now. But since Ayu fooled us with LOVE and again already, she definitely won't buy it and just rent it later to rip it.

Zeke. 25th July 2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3279703)
Yes, exactly. As a teen I could have never imagined not to buy an Ayu release, but now I honestly don't want to spend my hard-earned money on something like this. I mean, I would have to work 20 hours to afford those box sets and this would mean no money for food nor rent earned. Realistically speaking, I would have to work a whole month and would not be able to buy anything else or go out with friends to buy that.
I think a lot of her fans nowadays feel like that, too. My one friend would have loved to buy a full album, like Ayu promised it to her fans via social media since quite some time now. But since Ayu fooled us with LOVE and again already, she definitely won't buy it and just rent it later to rip it.

Me as well! Being in Japan I thought it would have been great to buy Ayu's new album the week before I close off my year in Japan, and I have not purchased an ayu album since R'n'R Circus! However I will not be buying this.

Chibi-Chan 25th July 2018 11:54 AM

^before I went to Japan, I said to my friend how excited I will be to go into the store and finally buy an album directly and not via the internet. But I also think I will pass on this one.

EndOfTheWorld 25th July 2018 11:57 AM

I'm feeling this too. I have never preordered an Ayu release despite being a big fan for many years now. But I was totally prepared to do it for Ayu's 20th anniversary album. But this product really wasn't made with the fans in mind. It feels like a total cash grab from avex that Ayu seems to be okay with. I have not enjoyed the promotion/marketing for this release so the only chance of me buying this is if the music is good. Otherwise I will buy this release at another time.:shrug

Koumori 25th July 2018 12:04 PM

Same, actually. The last release I bought was You were.../BALLAD, and I was planning on supporting her 20th anniversary releases. But I'm not sure I'd like to buy this. I'll wait to see what it all sounds like in full but I'm disappointed.

rainbow_smile 25th July 2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3279696)

Even if that were the case, æternum is just a conjugated (adverb?) form of æternal, so still, the meaning is very similar, i think it means something like eternally. But yeah as someone has already mentioned, it can't be that because it clearly looks like an "a", not a "u" on the HQ pic

thomas 25th July 2018 12:33 PM

I've never listened to We Are The Queens in full nor Words so I'm really excited for this new album. :)

So since Ayu has said she had a lot of inspiration and has been in the studio for many times, I just figured this is a collection of songs that didn't fit on the actual album but were too good to just ignore without any release of some kind. So maybe there will be a full album soon with a completely different sound. Although that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

dumbellz 25th July 2018 12:38 PM

Could the song, W be a similar song as M?

rainbow_smile 25th July 2018 12:39 PM

I really want to pre-order this, but I'm not sure if I can afford at this time lol Since I'm currently supporting another artist and they've been releasing lots of stuff recently too, and there's also other stuff I need money for :(

CeReSu 25th July 2018 12:45 PM

Same as a lot of you, the last time I bought an Ayu's album was Party Queen, mostly because it was a little sentimental, I went to see her in London while she was recording it so it reminded me this moment.
Since then...
I was willing to buy this one, if it was a proper 20th anniversary album but hell...
This is Ayu, come on! 3 new songs is nothing in two years. I know some of the fans are happy because we have a least something but I feel like this release is a big joke, a big excuse for another big tour.
I know that her first fans are Japanese but come on, Ayu is aware that her fanbase is all arround the world! And not everybody can fly in Japan to see her.
I did once, it was 8 years ago (day for day! It was the final for R'n'C Tour!) but it took me a lot of work to afford this trip.
So having a full album would be great for her fans who can't see her touring.
Touring is great (and I'm grateful I can watch her concerts thanks to TV version) but new music is even better imo.

njanjayrp 25th July 2018 12:55 PM

I purchased every studio/legit mini album she's released over the years. I stopped buying singles after MOON/blossom as they didn't have much of a value.

rainbow_smile 25th July 2018 01:08 PM

Tbh it's up to her to decide whether she prefers releasing new music or touring, she doesn't owe us new music just because we want it. Yes, it's sad for international fans (which are a minority of her fanbase by far), but there's nothing we can do if she likes touring more than making music these days :shrug

dreamalley 25th July 2018 01:11 PM

This "new album" is extremely underwhelming for a 20th anniversary release.

Will there be a new song/MV released before the album?

ayuuk 25th July 2018 01:32 PM

Was the price of Five's CD only version 1800yen?

rainbow_smile 25th July 2018 01:34 PM

^ FIVE CD-only version is currently selling for 1800 yen on CDJapan

!Lawi! 25th July 2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumbellz (Post 3279714)
Could the song, W be a similar song as M?

I was wondering too! I am not expecting similarities in the music or anything, but it would be cool if it referred to M in the themes. If M is about a guiding entity, what if, with the whole Max conspiracy theory, W was about being played?

As for the conversation going on I can only agree. I consider myself a big fan but I've only ever bought albums and minis. I purchased her last few releases digitally and was honestly happy to do so, but I don't think I'll be putting any money on TROUBLE. I'm willing to give it good numbers on Spotify though, so she better not make it an AWA exclusive again !

voltron 25th July 2018 02:41 PM

Can we all just focus on the good here? The album (and/or a song) could have been called "Just the Beginning" lol

owlflight 25th July 2018 02:41 PM

Still not a huge fan of the covers (though they do look nice!). It’s about the music for me anyway. I just wish we were getting more than 3 new songs. Or maybe I’ll just keep hoping for a remix album set. At least the release date isn’t too far away!

wednesday 25th July 2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3279733)
Can we all just focus on the good here? The album (and/or a song) could have been called "Just the Beginning" lol

If that's the only good thing then this release is more than just a little sad. :laugh

I actually haven't listened to the previously released tracks, so there are only new songs for me. And I find myself more inclined to listen to this release, because it will be easier to digest. A full album would be intimidating.

inspire_rmx 25th July 2018 03:25 PM

love all 3 covers! if only its a proper full length album

My Rainbow 25th July 2018 03:33 PM

I'm sure the one who told ayu this release is ok with 5 miserable songs is the same one who chose the covers for Sunrise/Sunset single and A SUMMER: HER WORST ENEMY.

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissElin_ (Post 3279663)
Yes you are very correct. I am basing my statement on the target audience I know, AHS and the smaller Japanese fanbase I personally know here in Japan. :yes

That being said, I still hold on to my point of view. I still believe there's so many marketing blunders in this release.

Yeah, I'm not really deffending the strategy of calling it an album. Just pointing out AHS isn't the best way of getting an overall view of how successful any strategy she comes out with is.

roxaskh2fm 25th July 2018 03:45 PM

I think that i'll buy only the chapter 3 version and hope to found the chapter 1 version in a bookoff (even if in 2020) XD

MissElin_ 25th July 2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3279751)
Yeah, I'm not really deffending the strategy of calling it an album. Just pointing out AHS isn't the best way of getting an overall view of how successful any strategy she comes out with is.

No no and you're right. But I also live in Japan, have lived here for three years now so I also speak from the little Japanese fan base I do know of. Not only AHS. :)

Surreal17 25th July 2018 04:14 PM

I wonder what is the mystery behind the feather pic that she posted on instagram back in April. Because it's clearly not used for Trouble.

~angel*ayumi~ 25th July 2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surreal17 (Post 3279777)
I wonder what is the mystery behind the feather pic that she posted on instagram back in April. Because it's clearly not used for Trouble.

It is the back Cover from PoM2018 Pamphlet

Surreal17 25th July 2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3279781)
It is the back Cover from PoM2018 Pamphlet

Ohh, I see. Wasted potential.

Party_King 25th July 2018 05:06 PM

After the first shock I tend to like this release more and more...
Even if I end up listening just to WatQ lol ��

The only problem is how it's labeled as an album,
but c'mon, get over it... it could've been worse, right?

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 05:12 PM

Naming it an album would bother me if it was priced like one

hud 25th July 2018 05:27 PM

"I don't buy an album since 2012 and I'm not buying this one too!"

lol... okay?

primavera♥ 25th July 2018 05:42 PM

Honestly, I like Words, and it sounds like I will like the other two similar songs. And the last one is up in the air. I just think I would enjoy those songs a lot more if there were many others to surround them.

I even think some of these songs would be received better if released much earlier in her career because fans would be less worn. But right now, even if she releases amazing tracks, if they are in a certain style, it's just not what everyone is interested in. I guess that's the reality right now.

Zeke. 25th July 2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowo (Post 3279814)

lol... okay?

Lmao, the thing is that it had the potential of converting many now non-buyers back into profits. Many of us it seems were ready to hand over the cash for a release for the first time in 8 years; that says a lot. And the fact that once the details were released it pushed us away from essentially a decision we had already made to support the release is a problem. They using all kinds of gimmicks to lure people into supporting this release except the one thing that the fans really want - MUSIC.

They are always trying to "distract" you with things to make up for or mask the fact that something at the core of the matter is missing.

"Let's add more dancers."
"Let's add more photos."
"Let's add more goodies."

It's like just fix the core issue and stop trying to put smoke and mirrors around it.

nalini-dahlia 25th July 2018 05:56 PM

I have no money, and no expectations of buying this release at least for another year.

However, for those who were hoping to make this purchase in person, I do see why this must be very dissapointing.

Yoake 25th July 2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surreal17 (Post 3279794)
Ohh, I see. Wasted potential.

Don't say that! the pamphlet is amazing!! ♥

nalini-dahlia 25th July 2018 06:21 PM

Seriously, though, the pamphlet she used for her tour was good enough for an album. Even if she had recycled it, it could've been good!

Now the critiques of this new release are chipping away at my chipper attitude. :weep

Gustavopc 25th July 2018 06:37 PM

What was that shooting with the feathers for btw? Were those pics in the pamphlet? I expected them to be an album shooting...

sitara 25th July 2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Rainbow (Post 3279746)
I'm sure the one who told ayu this release is ok with 5 miserable songs is the same one who chose the covers for Sunrise/Sunset single and A SUMMER: HER WORST ENEMY.

hahahaha!!! :D

man, this 20 years in the business release is really depressing! not even a pv? just a lot of extras packaged for a glorified single. with each year the releases (if any) get more lacklustre. i wonder how this will do on the charts.

KittyKathy 25th July 2018 07:27 PM

Maybe 30k, or maybe even less. :(

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 07:33 PM

Part of me wish Ayu would retire so she wouldn't have to deal with haters and her toxic as fuck fandom :P

Mirrorcle Monster 25th July 2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3279818)
Lmao, the thing is that it had the potential of converting many now non-buyers back into profits. Many of us it seems were ready to hand over the cash for a release for the first time in 8 years; that says a lot. And the fact that once the details were released it pushed us away from essentially a decision we had already made to support the release is a problem. They using all kinds of gimmicks to lure people into supporting this release except the one thing that the fans really want - MUSIC.

They are always trying to "distract" you with things to make up for or mask the fact that something at the core of the matter is missing.

"Let's add more dancers."
"Let's add more photos."
"Let's add more goodies."

It's like just fix the core issue and stop trying to put smoke and mirrors around it.

Since 2012 you had so many chances of buying albums, EPs, singles, DVDs etc So don't make such a big deal out of this. Yes, it's an unfortunate decision to release a 5 song project and call it an album, but if you haven't bought a single thing in 6 years don't act like it's THIS release what has pushed you away.

nalini-dahlia 25th July 2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirrorcle Monster (Post 3279846)
Since 2012 you had so many chances of buying albums, EPs, singles, DVDs etc So don't make such a big deal out of this. Yes, it's an unfortunate decision to release a 5 song project and call it an album, but if you haven't bought a single thing in 6 years don't act like it's THIS release what has pushed you away.

Just because he hasn't purchased a new album of hers since 2012 does not invalidate his opinion, though.

ayumi_croatia 25th July 2018 08:17 PM

Two things I dislike about this project:

1. It being teased as an album and promoted as an album, while having only 5 tracks

2. It having only 3 new songs, and the other two being subpar for her standard

And no amount of guilt tripping can convince me than they aren't foul AF for doing it this way. And by "they" I mean Ayu, her team, Max Matsuura, Avex etc.

njanjayrp 25th July 2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia (Post 3279848)
Just because he hasn't purchased a new album of hers since 2012 does not invalidate his opinion, though.

Nobody said that though.

Chris_Duvall 25th July 2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3279844)
Part of me wish Ayu would retire so she wouldn't have to deal with haters and her toxic as fuck fandom :P

Although I don't wish for her to retire, I fully agree with you about the haters and toxic fandom... No wonder Ayu disabled the commenting function on IG... I

summerain 25th July 2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowo (Post 3279814)

lol... okay?

:roflmao

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayumi_croatia (Post 3279850)
Two things I dislike about this project:

1. It being teased as an album and promoted as an album, while having only 5 tracks

2. It having only 3 new songs, and the other two being subpar for her standard

And no amount of guilt tripping can convince me than they aren't foul AF for doing it this way. And by "they" I mean Ayu, her team, Max Matsuura, Avex etc.

I'm not excited about the release itself either, but people don't need to act like Ayu invented cancer because they don't like something a popstar is releasing.

summerain 25th July 2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3279856)
I'm not excited about the release itself either, but people don't need to act like Ayu invented cancer because they don't like something a popstar is releasing.

YASSSS and

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3279844)

I'd be very pleased to see these people making another hell of drama because of her retirement. Pure quality entertainment.

Coelacanth 25th July 2018 08:53 PM

the entire thing is a symptom of her becoming more focused on her tours than being, you know, a recording artist. i've been saying for a LONG time that she can't realistically direct her energies towards both equally. she's not in her twenties anymore. touring is both mentally and physically exhausting.

and you know, to her credit, maybe she doesn't want to release an album full of 15 tacky kpop rejects a la koda kumi. the landscape of pop music is so piss poor, she's likely receiving tons of trash demos. A stellar quality pop album like A ONE being released in 2015, is the exception, not the rule.

Machiko 25th July 2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

"Ayu invented cancer" :roflmao

jbrat2219 25th July 2018 09:01 PM

I wonder if the amount of songs have to do with time constraints or more with her physical constraints? I mean, she had two years, so she theoretically had the time but I wonder if her ears are limiting her in some way and this is the best she can do for now?

indigochild 25th July 2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3279867)
the entire thing is a symptom of her becoming more focused on her tours than being, you know, a recording artist. i've been saying for a LONG time that she can't realistically direct her energies towards both equally. she's not in her twenties anymore. touring is both mentally and physically exhausting.

and you know, to her credit, maybe she doesn't want to release an album full of 15 tacky kpop rejects a la koda kumi. the landscape of pop music is so piss poor, she's likely receiving tons of trash demos. A stellar quality pop album like A ONE being released in 2015, is the exception, not the rule.

this is kinda the tea though ngl. (I say that while still remaining perched to bop to DNA lol)

love in music 25th July 2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrat2219 (Post 3279869)
I wonder if the amount of songs have to do with time constraints or more with her physical constraints? I mean, she had two years, so she theoretically had the time but I wonder if her ears are limiting her in some way and this is the best she can do for now?

That could be true, and she also could just have writer's block and is not trying to force herself to write lyrics that may not be true to her just for the sake of having more songs. I know it is her job but writer's block can be a difficult thing to overcome and can sometimes take a long while.

KittyKathy 25th July 2018 09:51 PM

If that's the case, then she should not even release a new album.

PinkShinigami 25th July 2018 09:51 PM

Am I the only one who sees something very wrong with the box cover? First off, her posture does not at all look like she's leaning on that couch. And even more importantly, her hair is very badly photoshopped and as you can see through it, the picture is clearly taken on a white background!

All that drama about Max and the watch, I wonder if there were even a man in that photo shoot.

jbrat2219 25th July 2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love in music (Post 3279880)
That could be true, and she also could just have writer's block and is not trying to force herself to write lyrics that may not be true to her just for the sake of having more songs. I know it is her job but writer's block can be a difficult thing to overcome and can sometimes take a long while.

That's interesting! Maybe she felt pressured to say something profound for her anniversary and got writer's block, haha.

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 10:02 PM

She has been releasing music non stop for the last 20 years. I don't think I can think of any pop star around there who worked as hard as she did, maybe only Seiko Matsuda. Seen people complaining about "not doing enogh" in a world where Utada just didn't work for 8 years straight and Namie pretty much just had the effort to record vocals is kinda sad.

Maybe there just wasn't anything for her to say.

truehappiness 25th July 2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkShinigami (Post 3279883)
Am I the only one who sees something very wrong with the box cover? First off, her posture does not at all look like she's leaning on that couch. And even more importantly, her hair is very badly photoshopped and as you can see through it, the picture is clearly taken on a white background!

We saw the 'venue' and what backgrounds were used. It looks as though the guy is on the edge of the couch and she's more leaning on him.

roxaskh2fm 25th July 2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

THIS

Maemi 25th July 2018 11:19 PM

Wait... this is a mini album or??

p.s. this cover is so distasteful... :tired:dead2

Especially the "Calvin Klein" part.

summerain 25th July 2018 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3279867)

I agree with you, but I think there is another factor, like Andrenekoi said. Maybe she doesn't have a lot of things to say for now. I can't recall another pop artist who wrote down her life so intensely through words in 20 years.

First, I think she sees herself as a performer AND a storyteller. She and her team prepare scripts for the shows, based on songs that most of the times rely on telling a story, more than creating an atmosphere (like Utada songs).

Machiko 25th July 2018 11:34 PM

^ But didn't she say a while ago around the time she told us about her right ear getting worse that she has a lot to say? I may remember incorrectly though

nalini-dahlia 25th July 2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3279851)
Nobody said that though.

Sorry if I misunderstood it, but that was how it came across to me.

I personally am still optimstic about this release, but I can understand the frustrations.

rainbow_smile 26th July 2018 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machiko (Post 3279914)
^ But didn't she say a while ago around the time she told us about her right ear getting worse that she has a lot to say? I may remember incorrectly though

maybe she hasn't been able to put these feelings into words that could fit the lyrics yet, or maybe like someone has mentioned she hasn't received any good demos...