Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] New Album TROUBLE on 15th August (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124166)

freedreamer 23rd July 2018 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3279001)
The cover has some ayu-mi-x first album mix with ayu-mi-x 5 vibes. A bit techno vibes.

It also tells a story with her expression. The title under her eyes her hands on her deaf ear = a message to us. Her eyes got trouble lately? I hope not..

I wished they titled the title TROUBLE vertically to REALLY look like the ayu-mi-x cover and also a teardrop
and to add some aesthetics, I do wished the word was glitched...to make it look like a modern rendition of a teardrop

EndOfTheWorld 23rd July 2018 04:50 AM

I also like the cover. It feels like a 90s throwback to me. Plus A Song is Born. To me it looks like she has her hand to her cheek or jaw, not her ear.
After seeing the covers and knowing some of the songs that will be included, I don't see how any of this stuff will relate to the title "Trouble".

dez0424 23rd July 2018 05:06 AM

If that cover is true, it looks like going into a $5 photobooth. It's not even worth a digital single cover. (the photographer is the director of mirrorcle world, green, lady dynamite, sparkle)

It's a wise move to include Live DVD/BD into albums given that her sales is pathetic. This saves DVD/BD printing and promo costs, plus her dvd/bds won't even make it to the charts anyway.

But the hidden rip-off trick is repelling.
Given that the price of 10k yen is quite standard for a cd + live bd purchased separately, they're making fans pay 20k yen for 2 cd + 2 live bd, of which 1 cd is repetitive.
This means they're securing our money of 2 live bds plus a single and a rip-off of 2000yen for nothing, all under the name of a "NEW ALBUM", which it's merely a mini album with old songs.

A cheapskate move we also see is only letting physical shops sell CD only versions. Not placing all versions in shops means less shelf cost, and they don't have to pay commission for cd sales, and no discounted prices on HMV/Amazon Japan. (meaning they're earning a full standard price all for themselves)

LONJJONG 23rd July 2018 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuCanada (Post 3278869)
What is the point of doing 2 versions of CD only if it is the same songs? If in 2 years she only had the desire to write 3 songs... she is truly lacking inspiration.

Also what kind of marketing is this? I'm a not a pro at marketing, but I think the joke would have tasted better if they decided to include those 5 songs as extra on a long due A best 3. The timing is good and the opportunity was there, it would have both fits with the 20 years and just the beginning tour... and it could have justified the price of the bundle because 20,000 yens for 5 songs mini that is ridiculous.

She has released 10 versions of "A", 5 versions of "H", A BEST with 6 different covers and A BALLADS with 4 different covers - all with the same content anyway... it's nothing new. :shrug

Katsuyuki012 23rd July 2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

her dvd/bds won't even make it to the charts anyway.
Exactly! Since her latest DVD totally didn't break the top 5 anyway! While her sales might not be what they once were, let's not exaggerate!

Chris85 23rd July 2018 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xianghua (Post 3278948)
It's so bizarre to build a new tour around 5 songs :o

She's been touring with 2 new songs for 2 years, so why not, if people are coming anyway?

I'm not disappointed in the new release for 2 reasons: 1) she has a huge catalogue of songs, I'm surprised she can still come up with words for new songs. I mean there has to be a point when you have said it all. So I feel good that she's still releasing something every once in a while.
2) I don't have to buy it.

As for leaking demo versions, Ayu, can you please make it a habit?

oaristos 23rd July 2018 05:27 AM

Okay, I really like that cover. It’s giving me some “A song is born” vibes and that’s awesome. I’m still salty about everything else though lol.

Xianghua 23rd July 2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3279024)
She's been touring with 2 new songs for 2 years, so why not, if people are coming anyway?

Yes, but those tours were standalone by themselves where I mean in this situation the tour is based off an album.

Bigtop 23rd July 2018 05:48 AM

I'm confused. Is it going to be two albums with five songs each? 1,944 yen and five songs sound so dumb for an album, or what is Ayu trying to do - split up an album into two mini-albums or something???

(Not to mention Perfume is releasing an album on the same day as well, and the debate on who's getting #1 on that week is another discussion.)

DonkeyKongRemix 23rd July 2018 05:48 AM

I'm ok with this.

Tomoyo 23rd July 2018 06:11 AM

It seems like she’s releasing one piece of the cover every two hours into her IG. it would be nice if we got the track list too. I’m super excited for this.

RealLight 23rd July 2018 06:31 AM

I just noticed they totally ignored CDL 16-17

Chibi-Chan 23rd July 2018 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtop (Post 3279028)
I'm confused. Is it going to be two albums with five songs each? 1,944 yen and five songs sound so dumb for an album, or what is Ayu trying to do - split up an album into two mini-albums or something???

(Not to mention Perfume is releasing an album on the same day as well, and the debate on who's getting #1 on that week is another discussion.)

No, it seems it's just a mini with five songs and two different jacket covers. Two of the songs will be WORDS and WATQ.

jbrat2219 23rd July 2018 07:02 AM

Nothing about this release makes any sense. If you're only going to have 3 new songs, why not make it a single? You could even add the two released songs as bonus tracks or something. The only thing I'm really interested in with this release are the DVD's (which I guess is the point?)

Bigtop 23rd July 2018 07:07 AM

I don't think singles are feasible for Ayu anymore. I believe all of Ayu's future new songs will come in an album, but then again, how well will it perform compared to today's popular artists...

MissElin_ 23rd July 2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLight (Post 3278846)
So, after 2 years and 2 ok songs, she just gives us 3 new songs and, once again, pays alterna dust...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41Yfy...M55m/giphy.gif

x2

I'm so not buying any special edition of this "mini album with desperation included". If I feel nice I might get the CD version. Maybe.

Aderianu 23rd July 2018 07:25 AM

Is it really confirmed that both CD will be the same? I actually think you guys began to whine too early.
For me it looks like new marketing strategy. How to boost sales? Split album in two parts and sale them separately.

relmy 23rd July 2018 07:25 AM

Cover looking good from the small preview! Reminds me of the first ayu-mi-x. Very fitting for the 20th anniversary.

KittyKathy 23rd July 2018 07:27 AM

Just half of her face on the cover. Hmm. Maybe there will be two mini albums. Another album with the other half of her face.

jiarongisme 23rd July 2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan (Post 3278977)
Was this not posted yet? One of the album covers:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DitwrfOUYAA5BTv.jpg

YAS BITCH YAS BITCH YAS BITCH... SLAY.

Wait.

Sky High 23rd July 2018 08:24 AM

On generasia they put TROUBLE in mini-album section with additional information for the album:

"TROUBLE is the sixth mini-album released by Hamasaki Ayumi (seventh overall). It was released in six versions: two CD editions, two CD+DVD+GOODS editions, and two CD+Blu-ray+GOODS editions. The DVD and Blu-ray editions are limited mu-mo Shop editions that come in a luxury box and include an original photo card and a signed heart-shaped clear keychain."

Uknow! 23rd July 2018 08:42 AM

I hate that the DVD and Blu-ray are limited mu-mo, well, she is the one losing money considering that her tours sells a lot in websites like CDJapan.

I can't understand this release, really...

CeReSu 23rd July 2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uknow! (Post 3279065)
I hate that the DVD and Blu-ray are limited mu-mo, well, she is the one losing money considering that her tours sells a lot in websites like CDJapan.

I can't understand this release, really...

So true! Chapter 3 interests me a lot but I can't afford mumo and tenso and so on.

xLuna&1LOVE 23rd July 2018 09:20 AM

From what I can check out on this blurry pic, I actually like the cover.
Also what I could hear from the recording, the new song sounds nice.
So, I am getting over it a little. I still have to wait how this release is unfolding. I hope indeed that it is like LOVE again. Otherwise it means we have got to buy two albums, but hey... we will see.
Someone said it already, but I sense a 'DOUBLE TROUBLE' as well.

But something is working: I check out the forum even more than before. I am really intriged to whatever is happening.

Zeke. 23rd July 2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyKathy (Post 3279053)
Just half of her face on the cover. Hmm. Maybe there will be two mini albums. Another album with the other half of her face.

On second thought, it might be a possibility they each have 5 songs. The term “share; mutual” was used, which if it’s written in English “they each share 5 songs” / “the albums mutually have 5 songs” it would be interpreted as each album has 5 songs. They thing they have in common is the amount of songs, not necessarily the contents of them.

If this is the case, they could tack QUEENS on one and WORDS on the other. Leaving room for 8 new tracks. Put the two minis together to complete her face, as well as the album.

That’s would be similar to Kumi’s W FACE, albeit without each have it’s own subtitle. So I guess it might be a stretch.

ayumi_croatia 23rd July 2018 09:24 AM

Only three new songs after two years? And WATQ is included?

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

xLuna&1LOVE 23rd July 2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3279071)
On second thought, it might be a possibility they each have 5 songs. The term “share; mutual” was used, which if it’s written in English “they each share 5 songs” / “the albums mutually have 5 songs” it would be interpreted as each album has 5 songs. They thing they have in common is the amount of songs, not necessarily the contents of them.

If this is the case, they could tack QUEENS on one and WORDS on the other. Leaving room for 8 new tracks. Put the two minis together to complete her face, as well as the album.

That’s would be similar to Kumi’s W FACE, albeit without each have it’s own subtitle. So I guess it might be a stretch.

I send all my prayers! I really hope this is the case!
Thank you Zeke, for bringing new perspective, and new hope on this forum! haha

EndOfTheWorld 23rd July 2018 09:27 AM

I can't believe it is 8 hours later and the cover still isn't completed.:no

Zeke. 23rd July 2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 3279073)
I send all my prayers! I really hope this is the case!
Thank you Zeke, for bringing new perspective, and new hope on this forum! haha

However that being said, the information from the official site does specify the entirety (complete sum) of 5 full-bodied, single-quality songs... It mentions nothing of “shared” or “mutual”

Corvina 23rd July 2018 09:29 AM

I can understand so many people hope for more, but the offical site as well as that flyer from the tour said 5 songs in total.
There might be coming a second mini later or next year after the tour tho.

KittyKathy 23rd July 2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3279077)
There might be coming a second mini later or next year after the tour tho.

That's what I thought.

BlackSilence 23rd July 2018 09:44 AM

from what i see, i like the cover, but this is way too fast... i don't really have high hopes for this...

Also i wouldn't put any fancy theories into this, Ayu's team is NOT THAT creative lol

njanjayrp 23rd July 2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3279082)
from what i see, i like the cover, but this is way too fast... i don't really have high hopes for this...

Also i wouldn't put any fancy theories into this, Ayu's team is NOT THAT creative lol

This has been proven to be true so many times. If we can think of the worst scenario it is most likely the one that's gonna happen.

I still hope it's 2 x 5 and that essentially what Zeke is saying is true.

Chris85 23rd July 2018 10:27 AM

Japanese fans are under the same impression that there's gonna be 3 new songs and that's it.
They go like I don't need 2 copies of the album, but I'm gonna have to buy them to watch both concerts.

Yoake 23rd July 2018 10:33 AM

I like the cover. That's funny how she changed her hair colour just for this. I wonder why she didn't want to be blond on the cover.

Saki-Chan 23rd July 2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xianghua (Post 3278948)

It's so bizarre to build a new tour around 5 songs :o

This.
It's ok to release something new but after 2 years, this is too poor. Another tour with just 5 new songs and the same tracklist? :dead2:dead2:dead2

rikku1994 23rd July 2018 11:01 AM

It's more like a live DVD/BD release than an actual album. Just kinda sad that there are no new music videos lmao

KittyKathy 23rd July 2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saki-Chan (Post 3279094)
Another tour with just 5 new songs and the same tracklist? :dead2:dead2:dead2

You mean *3 new songs. I'm unpleasantly surprised. I didn't expect this from Ayu, especially for her 20th anniversary.

Uknow! 23rd July 2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeReSu (Post 3279066)
So true! Chapter 3 interests me a lot but I can't afford mumo and tenso and so on.

I've always bought her concerts, every release, and now... I can't afford tenso like you...

kotora 23rd July 2018 12:18 PM

Wondering why no PV in this "album"

Possible hints for next next release connected to this one album?

Sky High 23rd July 2018 12:23 PM

Me when I realized that there will be no pv on new album.

https://i.gifer.com/3rtN.gif

Uknow! 23rd July 2018 12:30 PM

Maybe she is going to release a PV in YouTube that will be included in a DVD of a new album after TROUBLE, if I can dream...

mizuki-7 23rd July 2018 12:46 PM

What’s troubling me lol is that they are not presenting it as a mini album like Five or sixxxx but as an album it’s strange ! Why her anniversaries are never goodly handled ?? And this urgency of making new tour back to back is a bit overwhelming.... I admire her hard work but the years are passing and nothing really exciting happen Beside touring touring and touring again ..m

Aderianu 23rd July 2018 01:07 PM

http://i.imgur.com/WFyMq6bl.jpg

Sky High 23rd July 2018 01:11 PM

Wow i love the cover photo so much :)

Gustavopc 23rd July 2018 01:11 PM

Another pic of her face for an album cover :/ Oh well... I mean, she looks pretty for sure but there's nothing new to this, and I was expecting the shoot from Aderianu's set to be used in this album, so it's a bit of let down
At least the red against the black and white looks good, it gives attention to the title, unlike M(A)DE IN JAPAN

CeReSu 23rd July 2018 01:15 PM

I have to admit, the pic is beautiful!
I didn't imagine that for the TROUBLE title but I like it!

Federica-chan 23rd July 2018 01:29 PM

I love the cover so so so so much! And I'm really happy about this new mini album. I know, it's not an album, but I'm grateful for all she gives to us; also if there are only three new songs.

Cahz- 23rd July 2018 01:50 PM

Instant love for that cover

Chris85 23rd July 2018 02:04 PM

Beautiful cover. Can't helping thinking though that nails will probably leave marks on skin if you press like that. :-D

freedreamer 23rd July 2018 02:06 PM

it has a fierceness to it! BUT 3 OUT OF 5 SONGS ARE NOT FIERCE (and i dun care about WatQ)

relmy 23rd July 2018 02:10 PM

Amazing cover!! There's another cover though, right? This one is so perfect I don't know what they could do for an alternate one. It's just so classic Ayu.

owlflight 23rd July 2018 02:30 PM

The cover is nice but I feel like there could be more.

roxaskh2fm 23rd July 2018 02:35 PM

I'm so in love with this cover *-*

Earth_maiden 23rd July 2018 02:39 PM

I can't help but wish she'd use the shots with the feathers, as in Aderianu's sig and avatar. Seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

tokyoxjapanxfan 23rd July 2018 03:04 PM

It’s nice. I prefer the shot she’s using as a profile pic on Twitter

ayujarl 23rd July 2018 03:08 PM

A NEW ALBUM!!! NEW SONGS FROM AYU!!! I JUST CANNOT WAIT!

evolutionricky 23rd July 2018 03:55 PM

Eh the album cover is okay.

DonkeyKongRemix 23rd July 2018 04:16 PM

I like that cover a lot!

Mirrorcle Monster 23rd July 2018 04:20 PM

I love the cover, hope it turns out to be a good 3-side single!

Party_King 23rd July 2018 04:42 PM

I looove the cover and it seems like I'll only enjoy WatQ (hope it's a remaster) so far...
I'm really sad about how this "album" turned out to be a 3A-Single.

I just need to listen to Winter diary to keep calm... /jk

lumieregrl 23rd July 2018 04:57 PM

If it weren't for the 2 old songs, she could call this a maxi-single. :rolleyes

njanjayrp 23rd July 2018 04:58 PM

Btw the song title on the summer play list seems to have been updated - AX_WAT_516 (poetry reading). Perhaps they added some lyrics too...

EndOfTheWorld 23rd July 2018 05:30 PM

Did the release date get pushed back? The final post on instagram says "TROUBLE girl is Baaaaaack‼️ 8/25 OUT‼️"

Katsuyuki012 23rd July 2018 05:40 PM

^possibly a typo

Sky High 23rd July 2018 05:46 PM

Maybe it is other half of TROUBLE.

supaka 23rd July 2018 05:59 PM

another tour... i hope something different like PREMIUM SHOW CASE...

It's ok that we have only 5 songs but we want quality ! #TROUBLE

kotora 23rd July 2018 07:19 PM

This album cover <3

It has so much old ayu vibes.

Teppei-chan 23rd July 2018 08:23 PM

I like the cover, it is simple but beautiful

DonkeyKongRemix 23rd July 2018 08:36 PM

I like the cover a lot, and I'm pretty optimistic about this release.

Honestly, the main thing I am not into is the title of the album.

ayumi_croatia 23rd July 2018 09:00 PM

The cover looks like A song for xx's mature old sister that also stole her cousin's (A BEST) boyfriend.

In other words, I love it.

rainbow_smile 23rd July 2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3279170)
Did the release date get pushed back? The final post on instagram says "TROUBLE girl is Baaaaaack‼️ 8/25 OUT‼️"

I doubt it, since August 25 is not a Wednesday

truehappiness 23rd July 2018 09:10 PM

I can't believe she typoed the date, lol.

Yoake 23rd July 2018 09:26 PM

It's typical touch-sensitive screen fail.

carlos_ayu 23rd July 2018 09:28 PM

I HATE THE NEW COVER!!! I NEED MORE GLAMOUR!! SO SIMPLE!!

LOGMAN 23rd July 2018 09:54 PM

New cover is gorgeous - love it.

I think we'll see a second mini-album release before the Saitama dates next April.

DevilHunter_04 23rd July 2018 11:25 PM

I know a lot of people are disappointed, which is understandable, but I'm still excited. Her mini albums have always been pretty solid so I'm not worried this one won't be.

The cover is really nice. Simple but I like it. It reminds me of the A Song is Born.

channy 23rd July 2018 11:30 PM

New album cover looks solid and I agree with the assumption that there will be released more music in the future :)

Katsuyuki012 23rd July 2018 11:30 PM

^^agree

love in music 23rd July 2018 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3279116)

Beautiful. The photographer is a huge hit or miss and this time it's a major hit.
It is simple but this is an example of simplicity done right as it's not boring at all. Really enjoy her look, movement in her hair, and the framing here.

ストロボ・EdGE 23rd July 2018 11:56 PM

This entire release is ultimately too familiar to a quip some Ayu-basher would’ve prognostically made a decade ago about her future releases and sales. Like Trumpian jinxing two, three years ago VS reality.

The Queen is dead but it’s so hard to accept the fact.

perfectodub 24th July 2018 12:01 AM

so, in my mind im going to take this released like a new ayu single with 3 songs...
that sound nice inside. :p

Coelacanth 24th July 2018 12:20 AM

it could very well be that ayu is receiving shitty demos. i'd rather her put out three great "ayuish" songs than an album full of tracks that don't really fit her style.

holy_arrow 24th July 2018 01:24 AM

Hi guys, please tell me if there's something wrong.
The album will be released as 2 versions, each version will include the CD album and the DVD tour ( chap 1 or chap 3).
The CD album is only 5 songs, total 10 songs for 2 versions.
Did I recap correctly?

LOGMAN 24th July 2018 01:41 AM

There are only 5 songs - the tracklist on both CDs will be the same, according to what we've seen. The only difference between the two CDs will be the cover.

maxikot 24th July 2018 02:26 AM

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a5&oe=5BE0376B

280301 24th July 2018 02:28 AM

Ayu's Twitter and Instagram pic has also been confirmed as being CD Version B. See Arama Japan's new post for more pics of the Deluxe Edition also. The booklet looks amazing.

Katsuyuki012 24th July 2018 02:29 AM

^^While I love the first one... I can't stand the deluxe one... at all... it could be a nice photoshoot if she'd be doing some ads for Calvin Klein... but for a cover? Makes her look like all these models.. And then that guy grabbing her boob..? It just feels so unfitting.. They could have portrayed it differently (and without Calvin Klein) imo.. oh well!

The "B" vesion is nice too (we didn't have such a smiling* shot on a cover before, did we?) but I think I still prefer the first one.

*ignoring (m)u one

Can't wait to watch all these concerts though.. Especially CDL16-17 and chapter 3... Really loved the CDL, so, yay!

RealLight 24th July 2018 02:32 AM

Not a fan of this one

prussian blue 24th July 2018 02:32 AM

I was hoping that at least the other version will include other version of the 5 songs just like SUNSET and SUNRISE :shrug

Judging from the cover, it looks like an artwork someone who just learned how to photoshop though

280301 24th July 2018 02:37 AM

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Deluxe Version's cover either, simply due to the presence of Calvin Klein. I know that Ayu has worn designer clothing on her covers since forever, but this comes off as very blatant and unfortunately is so centered that I feel my eyes drawn towards the 'Calvin Klein' text.

I do like, however, that she has chosen three different versions of 'trouble', potentially in regard to herself. Another A BEST-esque cover/mimicking the past? Trouble. Presenting herself as progressing beyond her old sound and being happy? Trouble. Striking a sexy pose like she did with the Party Queen covers and other PV/photography shoots throughout her career? Trouble. She can't do anything right apparently, and perhaps this is what she's angling towards with this release.

Admittedly, there are so many other gorgeous cover shots she could have used from the booklet! But this is always the case with Ayu I feel. Overall, I like the covers, and I feel they have meaning.

Evan Odinson 24th July 2018 02:39 AM

"Trouble girl is back", right? I like this risky turn actually, yes, the picture could been so much better but it's really interesting tbh guess we could actually get a fierce song!

Machiko 24th July 2018 02:41 AM

https://i.imgur.com/MhqjGrE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cZUoB7n.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MtHNY0j.jpg

280301 24th July 2018 02:43 AM

It's also worth noting that in looking at that deluxe edition's spread photo, the partially covered tracklist states that We are the QUEENS is the first track, and WORDS is the third. I cannot read the others. So yes, it seems like there will only be three new tracks.

tokyoxjapanxfan 24th July 2018 02:44 AM

I was so ready to buy the cd only
Then she goes and releases that gorgeous pic on the box.

Evan Odinson 24th July 2018 02:46 AM

Ok that looks awesome and that photoshoot is just so damn good! :luv2

TheRainbow 24th July 2018 02:46 AM

Oh God, so We are the QUEENS and WORDS are confirmed (tracks 1 and 3 in the pic).

yabieru 24th July 2018 02:47 AM

@280301: If that's the case, I love the concept

The picture of the booklet shows a bit of the tracklist and we can confirm there are only 5 songs and We are the QUEENS and WORDS are in it. I can read the other titles, only one that says "The..." Here it is the Arama article:
https://aramajapan.com/news/newrelea...st-2018/90108/

EDIT: Ok, nevermind, you posted already hahahahaha

Katsuyuki012 24th July 2018 02:47 AM

^^yep

I'm actually happy about that (but totally understand people being unhappy about them being included) and at least they didn't place WatQ somewhere in between (due to it's opening, it'd feel off imo) .

Coelacanth 24th July 2018 02:48 AM

"TROUBLE" doesn't seem to be one of the title tracks? I can't see too clearly, but it doesn't look like it.

wtf is with this concept?