Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TBS 音楽特番 Audience wanted! (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124010)

thinkingoutloud89 8th April 2018 10:28 PM

^mostly my point, it just felt really out of place in this particular performance (besides the fact that I do think that there are some parts of her shows where it does too).

and I do think Corvina is right. Explain what exactly is there not for me to get as a non-japanese person? I stated before that I respect her choice since, at it was just said, Japanese culture and gay culture do not go well together yet - that still does not take away that it is unfitting in certain areas of her performance and not because it is "gay" which it isn't by the way, its pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~

and why the fuck is gay allowed but not q ueer on here?

Machiko 8th April 2018 10:58 PM

yabieru, the talk was about his outfits in general, not only her TV performance :D

thinkingoutloud89, I explained why in my previous posts! Also, q*eer is a slur word (just like the c word), which is probably why it's sensored.

Gorgonia 9th April 2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machiko (Post 3269200)
yabieru, the talk was about his outfits in general, not only her TV performance :D

thinkingoutloud89, I explained why in my previous posts! Also, q*eer is a slur word (just like the c word), which is probably why it's sensored.

pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~ has many other meanings besides the offensive one. It shouldn’t be censored.

As for Timmy’s outfit... considering the fact that the songs carry a meaning, his heart-shaped nipples were out of place. Like he was dressed for Party Queen. I think Ayu needs to review these decisions more thoroughly.

Andrenekoi 9th April 2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 (Post 3269197)
^mostly my point, it just felt really out of place in this particular performance (besides the fact that I do think that there are some parts of her shows where it does too).

and I do think Corvina is right. Explain what exactly is there not for me to get as a non-japanese person? I stated before that I respect her choice since, at it was just said, Japanese culture and gay culture do not go well together yet - that still does not take away that it is unfitting in certain areas of her performance and not because it is "gay" which it isn't by the way, its pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~

and why the fuck is gay allowed but not q ueer on here?

If japanese culture and q*eer culture went well together that would be no point on Ayu being a lgbt activist.

SunshineSlayer 9th April 2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3269142)
^My point is: Blame Ayu, not Timmy. It's not his fault. It's annoying as fuck always reading people complaining and name calling people from Ayu's team about stuff that Ayu is the only one to blame.

She is the one picking and aproving the outfits. And setlists. And arragments. And choreography. And how much spotlight everyone gets. And concepts.

If Timmy looks like this or that, if he is distracting, if he is too pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~, whatever, its not like he just got into the stage and did whatever he felt like.

I think people, in general, understand that though and don't blame him. At least, I didn't. I just think it's a poor decision for him to stand out so much when it should be about her and her music, imo.

Sometimes I wonder if Ayu intentionally wants to pull attention away from herself and uses him to do so? Like her flaws won't be as obvious if all people can think about is the shirtless guy with hearts on his nipples? I honestly have no idea, but it's pretty obvious that he pulls focus sooo much, so why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machiko (Post 3269184)
The whole look is for the Japanese fans, not for you.

If that's true, then they are so far off the mark it's not even funny.

~*Mabushii*~ 11th April 2018 08:59 AM

Wow, I didn't realize Ayu had gained weight, the way the first outfit looked made it seem like a bit more than it really is. The second version of the outfit went fine. I was actually really surprised at how her voice sounded, I was really worried since I heard she's going deaf in her only good ear now too.

YUKARI 12th April 2018 09:26 PM

I watched this performance on YouTube. lol and it's been like 5 days? it's still there. amazing :)

I enjoyed it! She sounded great and looked great. But the hair color doesn't fit her much. She looked great during RAINBOW era when she also had partially pink hair. I wish she looked like that again haha.

omg it's been 15 years since she performed RAINBOW at CDTV's 10th anniversary.

Sky High 14th April 2018 09:45 AM

I miss RAINBOW, I am hoping that she will perform it again someday.

hidekirby 14th April 2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 3269739)

omg it's been 15 years since she performed RAINBOW at CDTV's 10th anniversary.

She seemed so mature/in control back then...

douggn 16th April 2018 05:22 AM

The whole Timmy think I think is just ayu using her tour band outfits. It promotes her tour in the way and it saves money. All her band is wearing their pom18 outfits. And do they forget how we were first introduced to Timmy lol, dressed up in BRILLANTE :P its not new, just has hearts on his nipples this time lol