Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] New Album TROUBLE on 15th August (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124166)

LOGMAN 24th July 2018 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3279218)
Can't wait to watch all these concerts though.. Especially CDL16-17 and chapter 3... Really loved the CDL, so, yay!

You going to keep watching your download of CDL16-17? Because no DVD release of that concert

Katsuyuki012 24th July 2018 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3279232)
"TROUBLE" doesn't seem to be one of the title tracks? I can't see too clearly, but it doesn't look like it.

wtf is with this concept?

TROUBLE is the album title because of what this release causes in the fandom... obvious concept! Jk

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOGMAN (Post 3279233)
You going to keep watching your download of CDL16-17? Because no DVD release of that concert

Oh god, totally misread that in the article! Oh well then!

tokyoxjapanxfan 24th July 2018 02:52 AM

Part of me feels like in August we’ll get news of another “album” being released in September, with another 5 tracks, and that’s how she’ll be able to fill out a tour starting in October based on the album. Coupled with part 2 of the tour.

Feels? Hopes? Lol

RealLight 24th July 2018 02:53 AM

I really want a HQ pic of the one in the middle of the first row

https://scontent.fcgh8-1.fna.fbcdn.n...d2&oe=5BE3F3F5

Larisa-chan 24th July 2018 02:57 AM

Wow I am so late to the game LOL...

Well I like the title of the "album" but 5 tracks and 2 we've already heard? Haha... hope there is a hidden track there somewhere, at LEAST.

The photos are VERY well done. The regular cover isn't original, but at least it looks awesome. I could do without the photo of Ayu having her breast being groped and laying in between that man's legs on his crotch though........ >.>

Evan Odinson 24th July 2018 03:00 AM

I kinda want to sell my organs and buy the deluxe version one, looks so pretty :laugh but I'm not sure how to get it since I have always bought through CD Japan :rolleyes

se7entheaven 24th July 2018 03:02 AM

The guy is rich, wearing a Richard Mille watch. Is she gonna announce new bf? Or is that... Max.

Xianghua 24th July 2018 03:12 AM

you guys have really good eyesight to spot the tracklist. i didn't even notice it!
The box set is really pretty. If I had gone to JTB tour I'd definitely buy it. But I didn't.
Can't wait to see full size versions of those pictures!

TeamAyu2004 24th July 2018 03:13 AM

HOW DO I GET THE MU-MO VERSIONS?!

//ABEST 24th July 2018 03:17 AM

his hand is on her boob and nobody says anything, wow :D she looks great in those pics :yes

oaristos 24th July 2018 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLight (Post 3279236)

This is too iconic I can't breathe :weep

The cover for the deluxe version is absolutely gorgeous. I think I'm convinced to buy this album even though the really short tracklist makes me feel silly for even spending money on this...

I'll have to figure out how to order from mu-mo so I can get the deluxe version. :yes

indigochild 24th July 2018 03:25 AM

So... I'm really into the second cover lol That screams TROUBLE to me and I'm INTO IT!

Too bad judging by the demos and the recent snippet heard at the concert, the music doesn't seem "troubling" lol. I was hoping we would get some good girl gone bad realness up in this bish :sdevil

LEOyumi 24th July 2018 03:25 AM

WOW THOSE COVERS ARE FLAWLESS
Damn I'm in love! I'm gonna try to buy at least one version... I'm so happy she's releasing something new!

Gustavopc 24th July 2018 03:29 AM

NOW THAT'S A GREAT PHOTOSHOOT SO HAPPY THERR WAS MORE TO IT YAAAAS AYU

TeamAyu2004 24th July 2018 03:31 AM

I wonder if A and B will be different track listings since its 2 different concerts...

EndOfTheWorld 24th July 2018 03:38 AM

I can't believe her album cover is going to be basically a shameless Calvin Klein promo where she is sliding off a couch? between a man's crotch while he grabs her breast. Really??
This release is really testing me honestly. I can't say I am happy about it. I keep trying to enjoy it but...
At least the other covers and pictures seem to be very nice. At this point the only thing that is keeping me going is the hope that the music and lyrics will be very good.

LOGMAN 24th July 2018 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 3279248)
I wonder if A and B will be different track listings since its 2 different concerts...

The concerts have different tracklistings - the CDs do not.

Yagami Raito 24th July 2018 03:58 AM

The cover of the Box would have been great for a fashion magazine... yet for an album...

What bothers me the most about this release is not the fact that there are only 3 news songs but more the fact that it's released as a full-album and that I don't understand its concept at all....

Looking forward for the 3 new songs though!

JackieRos 24th July 2018 03:58 AM

She’s a grown ass woman if she wants to be between the guy’s legs with him touching her boobs then let her, there’s more “taboo” things out there. Did we forget the Party Queen covers?

I’m not complaining, I love the covers. Best covers since NEXT LEVEL.

RealLight 24th July 2018 04:04 AM

generasia put it into the mini-albums category, which isn't odd regarding how many tracks it's got, but officially it is an album...

https://media.giphy.com/media/NORFfJzhC6iPe/giphy.gif

lastminute 24th July 2018 04:04 AM

I'm LOVING the deluxe version's cover, totally fitting with the album's title, can't wait to see this photoshoot in better quality <3

hayasaki 24th July 2018 04:08 AM

Whatever they'll be marketing this as an album, i'll just consider it as a "mini-album" so there's less pain. lol i love the covers though and i'm looking forward for the three songs hope atleast one is a fierce rock or pop

Chibi-Chan 24th July 2018 04:09 AM

The cover for the box set is horrible in so many aspects and I can't believe that she really is advertising so shamelessly for CK on one of her covers.
This release is a fucking joke and I'm pretty mad now.

hud 24th July 2018 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3279258)
I'm pretty mad now.

now? you mean all the time right?

I love the covers! so refreshing

LOGMAN 24th July 2018 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowo (Post 3279259)

LOL!I was legit going to say the same thing

TheRainbow 24th July 2018 04:24 AM

I don't mind the deluxe cover, but if it ends up being a picture for an official CK ad... LOL.

freedreamer 24th July 2018 04:29 AM

NOT BAD!! It's clean, it's modern and definitely can pass off as an ad

and im struggling to see the new titles HAHA

cosmicfirefly 24th July 2018 04:42 AM

Now I can't decide which CD only cover to get, they're both so nice! I like the box set cover, only every time I look at it all I can see are the words Calvin Klein lol I'd prefer it if it didn't look so much like a magazine ad. Either way, it's just the limited box cover so it's not a big deal.

I'm glad we got confirmation on WORDS and WATQ being on the tracklist. I was hoping she'd include them, but not at the cost of other tracks. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

dez0424 24th July 2018 04:43 AM

Now it doesn't quite make sense to me why they have to produce 2 covers instead of 1 for CD Only.
I thought the 2 kinds of DVD/BD would have mirrored the 2 covers.

HilaryDuffFanboy 24th July 2018 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by se7entheaven (Post 3279239)
The guy is rich, wearing a Richard Mille watch. Is she gonna announce new bf? Or is that... Max.

I knew it was Richard Mille!!! :love:luv2

AJFmzk 24th July 2018 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 3279242)
HOW DO I GET THE MU-MO VERSIONS?!

You can use a mail forwarding service such as Tenso. Mu-mo will ship to your personal Tenso address and then Tenso will ship to you. I believe they ship worldwide. They've been very reliable and ship quickly in my experience. It does add to the cost though.

freedreamer 24th July 2018 04:47 AM

Just release the tracklist already Avex. It's such a tease to reveal the lyrics booklet just like that and still say the tracklist is unconfirmed

yamadashun 24th July 2018 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dez0424 (Post 3279264)
Now it doesn't quite make sense to me why they have to produce 2 covers instead of 1 for CD Only.
I thought the 2 kinds of DVD/BD would have mirrored the 2 covers.

Agree! I hope there might be a different bonus track/hidden track at least.

DogboyShugo 24th July 2018 05:01 AM

FINALLY! Looking forward to this! I won't deny, though, that I miss the days of a few singles with remixes and then album. But this is good!

Chibi-Chan 24th July 2018 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowo (Post 3279259)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOGMAN (Post 3279260)
LOL!I was legit going to say the same thing

Keep your passive agressive comments, I'm honestly done being attacked all the time. I have a right to my opinion like everyone else on this forum. If you're that immature that you can't deal with opinions you don't like without lashing out, there is something called a block list. This way you don't have to practice tolerating differing opinions anymore.

RealLight 24th July 2018 05:27 AM

I--

JinHamasaki 24th July 2018 05:41 AM

Do ayu fans in Japan even know about We Are the Queens and Words? To them it might feel like 5 new songs...

kotora 24th July 2018 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3279216)

Brand deal with CK + Expensive Watch?

This photoshoot is <3.

tokyoxjapanxfan 24th July 2018 05:54 AM

The general population most likely has no idea about them,
But the people this release is targeting (ie her “true fans”) most likely do.

kotora 24th July 2018 06:03 AM

Track list is like

1. We are the QUEENS
2. ???
3. WORDS
4. Very short word
5. Something start with S??

Seems like the album title TROUBLE is not in the track list... hidden track? potential next release? No idea.

This album is more like "please watch my Just The Beginning Tour release"

I hope she will release TA tour 2016, Just the beginning CDL 16-17, Just the beginning Chapter 2 at some point.

love in music 24th July 2018 06:28 AM

I never thought I'd see the day where someone is straight up grabbing her breast on a cover lol. It's sort of tacky but it does work with the "trouble" theme. Where are these badass songs to go with the theme of the album because I'm soo ready. Really really love all of the other photos from this shoot, she looks absolutely stunning and natural with her posing and makeup. I love these types of shoots from her way more than the super posed glamorous ones.

Aderianu 24th July 2018 07:25 AM

I can't see any concept here. All 3 covers are completely different and don't match with each over

xLuna&1LOVE 24th July 2018 07:37 AM

However the Deluxe cover is not really my cup of tea, I like the photoshoot that comes with it but holy damn, that is expensive. Google calculated that it is about 142 euros and no please... that is extremely expensive for what you are getting.

Also so what is te difference between jacket A or B? Just the cover?

Edit; oh wait. Apparantly I have the most expensive version calculated. The others are 71 euro. Still expensive, that is food for a month.

KittyKathy 24th July 2018 07:45 AM

I don't like deluxe cover. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. :D

kotora 24th July 2018 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love in music (Post 3279287)
I never thought I'd see the day where someone is straight up grabbing her breast on a cover lol. It's sort of tacky but it does work with the "trouble" theme. Where are these badass songs to go with the theme of the album because I'm soo ready. Really really love all of the other photos from this shoot, she looks absolutely stunning and natural with her posing and makeup. I love these types of shoots from her way more than the super posed glamorous ones.

Wait... that is good to mention.. The theme: #metoo movement???????
Someone who has power used to harass ayu sexually???? Look at that expensive watch.. it symbolizes the guy is wealthy and grab her boobs (deluxe cover) and she pretends she is ok (smile cover) but in deep she is not (serious half face cover)???

If this is theme, it makes sense why We are the QUEENS is in the track list.

aliceshields 24th July 2018 07:52 AM

Thou I don’t have any expectation, but, I really didn’t expect the cover... I’m confused by the deluxe cover when I first look at it, is it for TROUBLE or mag ads or poster at CK store? I don’t know :D

CeReSu 24th July 2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3279216)

Well this one makes me think about an advertising for CK or you know for sport xD The pic is nice but really not fitting for a cover album imo.
I much prefer the CD only version A !

Chibi-Chan 24th July 2018 08:07 AM

Someone here said this release looks like haters would have predicted her releases would look like in the future. Unfortunately this is very true.
This release is a total scam in every aspect and how on earth Ayu can release this without being ashamed is beyond me.

First of all, after two years, there are only three new songs on this so called "album". And no need to compare this to Memorial address, since this mini wasn't released after two years of nothing but with a very tight release schedule.
I couldn't care less about that there is no real theme behind the covers, because let's be honest, the times of great cover art are long long gone. But that she basically did an ad for CK this time is not even funny anymore. It's as if she doesn't respect her music and art at all anymore. I'm sure she gets paid for this kind of advertisement and has some kind of contract. Regarding the price for the box set this is more than just greedy. This is what bothers me most. It's so heavily overpriced I don't even know what to say anymore.
It's common for a lot of artists to release the same album with different DVD editions, so no hard feelings there. I'm always buying both DVD editions for Acid Black Cherry's albums, for example, who is also under avex by the way and who's sales are better than Ayu's (I'm saying this so that no one can say that this is normal for artists less popular than Ayu or has something to do with avex). But normally a full studio album plus a concert DVD plus deluxe packaging plus a normal booklet plus another booklet, with drawn pictures and a story that goes with the album, costs me around 5000¥. TROUBLE, which is a mini album, costs twice as much. Adding a key chain isn't an excuse for another 5000¥.
This is beyond greedy and I'm disappointed that Ayu actually decided to release this.
She could as well release a 3 A-side single, with WATQ and WORDS as different bonus tracks for different versions. That would actually be a normal and fair release.

~angel*ayumi~ 24th July 2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3279235)
Part of me feels like in August we’ll get news of another “album” being released in September, with another 5 tracks, and that’s how she’ll be able to fill out a tour starting in October based on the album. Coupled with part 2 of the tour.

Feels? Hopes? Lol

Now that you say it... I can believe 2nd Mini Album in September with Chapter 2 and CDL, of course splitted up again in 2 expensive box sets....

njanjayrp 24th July 2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3279303)
Someone here said this release looks like haters would have predicted her releases would look like in the future. Unfortunately this is very true.
This release is a total scam in every aspect and how on earth Ayu can release this without being ashamed is beyond me.

First of all, after two years, there are only three new songs on this so called "album". And no need to compare this to Memorial address, since this mini wasn't released after two years of nothing but with a very tight release schedule.
I couldn't care less about that there is no real theme behind the covers, because let's be honest, the times of great cover art are long long gone. But that she basically did an ad for CK this time is not even funny anymore. It's as if she doesn't respect her music and art at all anymore. I'm sure she gets paid for this kind of advertisement and has some kind of contract. Regarding the price for the box set this is more than just greedy. This is what bothers me most. It's so heavily overpriced I don't even know what to say anymore.
It's common for a lot of artists to release the same album with different DVD editions, so no hard feelings there. I'm always buying both DVD editions for Acid Black Cherry's albums, for example, who is also under avex by the way and who's sales are better than Ayu's (I'm saying this so that no one can say that this is normal for artists less popular than Ayu or has something to do with avex). But normally a full studio album plus a concert DVD plus deluxe packaging plus a normal booklet plus another booklet, with drawn pictures and a story that goes with the album, costs me around 5000¥. TROUBLE, which is a mini album, costs twice as much. Adding a key chain isn't an excuse for another 5000¥.
This is beyond greedy and I'm disappointed that Ayu actually decided to release this.
She could as well release a 3 A-side single, with WATQ and WORDS as different bonus tracks for different versions. That would actually be a normal and fair release.

It's really hard to disagree...I don't mind the random product placement that much, but if there are really only 5 tracks this is really showing that they have no respect for their customers, albeit no one is making us buy anything.

Considering the venues she'll be doing, the concert tickets are over-priced as well.

jbrat2219 24th July 2018 08:31 AM

Such flawless covers wasted on only 5 songs...

~angel*ayumi~ 24th July 2018 08:35 AM

I get the complaining about the lack of new songs, I get the complaoning about the CK "AD" (altough it doesn´t bother me that much) but I srsly don´t get the complaining about the price.
1944¥ (Mini Album, normal price) + 7,884¥ (Blu-Ray, took price from MiJ) = 9828¥
So that makes 540¥ for the Box and the goods.

Yoake 24th July 2018 08:38 AM

I'm glad that they released covers and goods. Now I know which version I'll buy. I can't wait to be at home to do it!
I can't wait to get this beauty in my hands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3279298)
Someone who has power used to harass ayu sexually???? Look at that expensive watch.. it symbolizes the guy is wealthy and grab her boobs (deluxe cover) and she pretends she is ok (smile cover) but in deep she is not (serious half face cover)???

Well it might be something like that. Her expression on the box looks as if she is asking herself What should I do? mixing with surprise. She doesn't look happy or look as she like that.

KittyKathy 24th July 2018 08:41 AM

Her face on the Deluxe version is very disturbing. I don't know what to think.

Chris_Duvall 24th July 2018 08:47 AM

Could anyone tell me, if there is a different version for TeamAyu members?
I've been thinking about joining for quite some time now and a special TeamAyu package of the new (mini-) Album would be very nice.

Chibi-Chan 24th July 2018 08:51 AM

I highly doubt that there is any hidden message behind those covers. On the contrary, I think the photographer and Ayu just thought this would be "cool" and "fashionable". The CK ad cover looks exactly as disturbing as most ads out there do. I mean, in most ads women are portrayed as powerless puppets and a lot of fashion ads are rapey af. This is no different.

~angel*ayumi~ 24th July 2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberatio (Post 3279313)
Could anyone tell me, if there is a different version for TeamAyu members?
I've been thinking about joining for quite some time now and a special TeamAyu package of the new (mini-) Album would be very nice.

1st post has a picture of the vinyl pouch you get when you purchase both Boxes through TA, so nothing special that is worth the fee if you are not a member allready.

Faiza 24th July 2018 08:56 AM

It's not gonna do anything to engage anyone but fans, I suspect the general public will just do a collective eyeroll that ayu the obaasan is up to her old tricks again

Aderianu 24th July 2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3279298)

If this is theme, in tracklist would be songs like Warning, not two pale untitled yet demos. I can see "trouble" only on covers

Chris_Duvall 24th July 2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3279316)
1st post has a picture of the vinyl pouch you get when you purchase both Boxes through TA, so nothing special that is worth the fee if you are not a member allready.

Ah super, danke! :-)
It's indeed nothing special... and a tad too pink for my taste anyways lol

njanjayrp 24th July 2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3279318)
If this is theme, in tracklist would be songs like Warning, not two pale untitled yet demos. I can see "trouble" only on covers

Ha ha absolutely. The fourth track seems like it could be trouble however not in caps.

xLuna&1LOVE 24th July 2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3279310)
I get the complaining about the lack of new songs, I get the complaoning about the CK "AD" (altough it doesn´t bother me that much) but I srsly don´t get the complaining about the price.
1944¥ (Mini Album, normal price) + 7,884¥ (Blu-Ray, took price from MiJ) = 9828¥
So that makes 540¥ for the Box and the goods.

Because... that is about 60 euro for a Blu-Ray? Idk, I think that is pricy.
I could understand that DVDs cost more than CDs, but these ones are at another level. Especially... considering that you would probably watch it 3-4 times, to be optimistically.

Quote:

Most likely she shot this, got through all the pics and picked out where she looked great, including this one. Who knows.. maybe it will end up in something conceptual like this, but I believe she just wanna look pretty and badass.

kotora 24th July 2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoake (Post 3279311)
I'm glad that they released covers and goods. Now I know which version I'll buy. I can't wait to be at home to do it!
I can't wait to get this beauty in my hands.

Well it might be something like that. Her expression on the box looks as if she is asking herself What should I do? mixing with surprise. She doesn't look happy or look as she like that.

I am just bored and created storytime. Since people don't see the connection between each cover and I create the connection.

LOGMAN 24th July 2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3279307)
It's really hard to disagree...I don't mind the random product placement that much, but if there are really only 5 tracks this is really showing that they have no respect for their customers, albeit no one is making us buy anything.

Nah pretty easy to disagree; 1900 for a mini-album isn't that over-priced. 8000 for a concert blu-ray in a deluxe box is fairly standard. I've paid more for about the same.

We're not dealing with a rational fan, though. This is someone who has already said they hate the music, the photos and declared the whole release a fail before any of these details were even announced. Yet she'll still spend 20,000 on it all, then when it arrives she'll barely listen to it or look at the photos and then come here to complain about how awful it all is and how mad she is at Au for making her spend so much money on something she never wanted.

This is not 10,000 for 5 songs. No one is being forced to spend that much on something they are't interested in. If someone buys this with good intentions and then finds when it arrives they are disappointed with the quality of the workmanship, the video/audio quality of the DVDs/blu-rays, then for sure they can complain about spending so much and getting a subpar item. But until, complaining about the price and contents just seems redundant.

Yoake 24th July 2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3279328)
I am just bored and created storytime. Since people don't see the connection between each cover and I create the connection.

And that's good. ;)
I felt something similar to what you explained before to read you. Ayu is an engaged artist and that's why I think there is more behind that cover than only a beautiful photo. Playing with the codes that rule something is the best way to convey a message. On CK ads the girls on couple photoshoot have a sexy or/and pleasure pose and expression and most of the time their eyes look the camera/spectator to share that she like that and seduce them. Here the darkened eyes of Ayu and the fact that she doesn't look us break those marketing rules and point that something is wrong.

There are so many things that can cause trouble and so many way to express them. An angry rock isn’t the only way to share a problem or a bad thing. The world is wider than that. I'm waiting to read her lyrics and to hear the melodies to understand how she succeeded to portray them.

Sky High 24th July 2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3279315)
I highly doubt that there is any hidden message behind those covers. On the contrary, I think the photographer and Ayu just thought this would be "cool" and "fashionable". The CK ad cover looks exactly as disturbing as most ads out there do. I mean, in most ads women are portrayed as powerless puppets and a lot of fashion ads are rapey af. This is no different.

I totally agree with you. To me this is not cool, it is disturbing and tacky. :(

Uknow! 24th July 2018 10:04 AM

M(A)DE IN JAPAN was pretty conceptual, there was a connection between the titles, covers, lyrics, music and order of the songs.

I agree that this time doesn't seem the case but maybe we should wait to have the final product. I'm dissapointed at the moment, I love the covers but not as a musical product, I don't like WatQ and WORDS being in the mini (I like these two songs though), but who knows what Ayu is going to do after this release, maybe she has something in mind, I want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

xLuna&1LOVE 24th July 2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOGMAN (Post 3279333)
We're not dealing with a rational fan, though. This is someone who has already said they hate the music, the photos and declared the whole release a fail before any of these details were even announced. Yet she'll still spend 20,000 on it all, then when it arrives she'll barely listen to it or look at the photos and then come here to complain about how awful it all is and how mad she is at Au for making her spend so much money on something she never wanted.

I don't feel personally attacked, even though I have written as well that I think this release is really expensive. But this post is clearly directed towards a certain member, and I can guess who. I just want to say, that this post has a very mean untone towards her, (calling her out as a being a not-rational fan already set that tone) which I find completely unnecessairy, especially since she never did anything to you. So, please... keep it friendly?

junshen 24th July 2018 10:42 AM

https://image.ibb.co/mJPQto/IMG_6286.jpg

The hand of the man is max matsuura BTW

se7entheaven 24th July 2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junshen (Post 3279344)

I KNEW IT!
Kind of disturbing though but then again they both probably had something going on back then

Uknow! 24th July 2018 10:48 AM

max matsuura? OMG, if we add the rumours about their romance at the start of Ayumi's career and kotora's analysis (who is a visionary) we have a great story here hahahaha

Sky High 24th July 2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uknow! (Post 3279336)
M(A)DE IN JAPAN was pretty conceptual, there was a connection between the titles, covers, lyrics, music and order of the songs.

I agree that this time doesn't seem the case but maybe we should wait to have the final product. I'm dissapointed at the moment, I love the covers but not as a musical product, I don't like WatQ and WORDS being in the mini (I like these two songs though), but who knows what Ayu is going to do after this release, maybe she has something in mind, I want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

MIJ had perfect concept, but I agree we should wait for final product. I thought that this time she would focus more on the quality of music than on the presentation of the product. I really expect more music, I do not mind that there are no PVs. I have impression that she is just sick and tired of all this.

LOGMAN 24th July 2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 3279339)
I have written as well that I think this release is really expensive.

I agree it is expensive - I find blu-rays and box sets like this in Japan are generally far more expensive than most western releases (I say most, because I often see some absolutely obscenely priced releases in other countries).

Certainly, I had hoped for more. I think most of us did.

Recently, I purchased a box that contained one concert on blu-ray and the concert again on CD (plus another concert on CD) - all for 11,000. Felt like a bit of a fool spending so much, but the quality of the set really made up for it and that's the hope I have for this, right now.

Yoake 24th July 2018 10:53 AM

Seems Kotora was right :D

KittyKathy 24th July 2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

This is even more disturbing.

!Lawi! 24th July 2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uknow! (Post 3279336)

Off topic but is there anywhere I can read about these connections in MIJ?

The main thing that bothers me so far with Trouble is the relation between the '''''edgy''''' title and provoking cover, and the fact 3 out of the five songs are generic sounding mid tempo tracks. I guess that's what you get for hyping yourself but when I read trouble I heard WARNING, (don't) leave me alone and a bit of Microphone, not Summer diary!

Still excited for new songs I can't lie, but I'm pretty positive that I won't be putting money in this release, which would be the first time since love again that I don't purchase a new album.

BlackSilence 24th July 2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

I love the covers, or more like the crop of the pictures that they used, and i'm not mad with the text either.

But that full body shot is just plain out disturbing and even more so when you know who's on that coutch....makes me cringe. But i like the way the image looks from the composition aspect. Man it gives me mixed feelings :tired

xLuna&1LOVE 24th July 2018 10:59 AM

OMYGOD I am glad I am not the only one going overboard with this. I am so uncomfortable right now.

Edit: well I am glad I know it, because I was twisting whether I should buy the deluxe set anyway... but this saves me 70 euros.

kotora 24th July 2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

She means the watch is from Max. I used to work for luxury watches industry. That god damn watch on the album cover is over USD10,000. Special version could go up to USD100,000. No wonder Max has one.

Katsuyuki012 24th July 2018 11:01 AM

^^same

BlackSilence 24th July 2018 11:02 AM

I hope you guys are right... cuz it would take the whole thųng to the next level of cringyness lol

280301 24th July 2018 11:03 AM

The fact that she has revealed the person as Max Matsuura is so interesting. I wonder if she's harkening back to the whole LOVE again fiasco with Maro (and Love songs' PVs with Mannie)? Implicating her work colleagues in her work again. TROUBLE indeed.

I agree with artcika, while I do like the shot...her expression isn't one that screams 'I'm happy with what is happening here'.

EDIT: Just saw the comments about the watch! Makes more sense now hahahaha.

xLuna&1LOVE 24th July 2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3279358)
She means the watch is from Max.

I feel played. I really hope this is the case and we are just being drama queens.

kotora 24th July 2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 3279362)
I feel played. I really hope this is the case and we are just being drama queens.

We are the (Drama) QUEENS.

The photoshoot..
ayu: "omg I need something to present the power of man..."
photographer:..
model: ...
photographer: how about expensive watch?
ayu: "Ohhhhhhhh let's ask Max... his watch is damn expensive and I have a good idea..."

LOL

#spillthetea

Chris85 24th July 2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faiza (Post 3279317)
It's not gonna do anything to engage anyone but fans, I suspect the general public will just do a collective eyeroll that ayu the obaasan is up to her old tricks again

Probably. Well, general public likes to say that she used to be known for her music and now she's known for her scandals. But I doubt there's a goal to target potential fans.

Uknow! 24th July 2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Lawi! (Post 3279354)
Off topic but is there anywhere I can read about these connections in MIJ?

Maybe in the official thread, I don't know. A lot of these connections were thought by myself while talking with friends or thanks to some post and opinions in this forum.

There are some threads in this forum to analyse her albums, maybe we can open one about M(A)DE IN JAPAN.

CeReSu 24th July 2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Lawi! (Post 3279354)
I guess that's what you get for hyping yourself but when I read trouble I heard WARNING, (don't) leave me alone and a bit of Microphone, not Summer diary!

SAME SAME SAME!

When I heard Trouble, I imagined an album like Guilty or songs like those you mentioned!

njanjayrp 24th July 2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Nah pretty easy to disagree; 1900 for a mini-album isn't that over-priced. 8000 for a concert blu-ray in a deluxe box is fairly standard. I've paid more for about the same.

This is not 10,000 for 5 songs. No one is being forced to spend that much on something they are't interested in. If someone buys this with good intentions and then finds when it arrives they are disappointed with the quality of the workmanship, the video/audio quality of the DVDs/blu-rays, then for sure they can complain about spending so much and getting a subpar item. But until, complaining about the price and contents just seems redundant.

Just looking at the pricing of the old singles...The CD+DVDs were set to 1800 yen, the CD only was 1000 yen. So I guess you are right, 1900 yen for 5 songs isn't that much considering we used to pay 1000 for 2.

plainity 24th July 2018 11:19 AM

:love im so excited! its my first comeback as a new ayu fan!!! :love

rainbow_smile 24th July 2018 11:24 AM

I think i can see "æterna" on track 2, so maybe the title is æternal?

Chibi-Chan 24th July 2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

I can't believe this. What is it that you think you got the right to be that mean? Calling me non-rational, as if I'm crazy and stupid.

First of all, like I already said, I have a right to my opinion, like everyone else. I also argued why I think this is overprized. And it is. A DVD only release is more expensive in comparison than a CD+DVD release. Same goes for a CD only release compared to a CD+DVD release. Because the production of two items combined costs less than having to produce them seperately, so the combined product costs less. Also DVDs don't really sell, they even sell worse than CDs, to make more profit, they are sold for more. Because if someone is willing to spend money on a DVD, they will probably buy it anyway. This is why most CD+DVD versions of CDs cost around 5000¥, sometimes 6000¥ to 7000¥, whereas DVDs or Blurays cost the same or more.
Since a lot of artists still sell their DVD versions of their albums with concerts attached, in deluxe packaging as first press, together with other first press stuff, for 5000¥ to 7000¥, it is overpriced.

I never called the release a fail before those details were announced, this is a mean lie to discredit me and you know it. I also never said I'll buy it. What I definitely will not.
The price at which some items, Ayu's included, are sold today, is in my honest opinion immoral, for reasons I don't need to discuss here, because it's not the place. But being disappointed as a fan, that Ayu decided to sell her stuff that overpriced, when there still would be enough money made if she sold it for like 6000¥-7000¥, is my right. I explained why I feel this way in detail. You have no right to respond the way you did.

The way you responded is mean and vile, you should feel ashamed that you thought sitting in front of a screen and treating another person like this would be appropriate. I demand an apology.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 3279339)
I don't feel personally attacked, even though I have written as well that I think this release is really expensive. But this post is clearly directed towards a certain member, and I can guess who. I just want to say, that this post has a very mean untone towards her, (calling her out as a being a not-rational fan already set that tone) which I find completely unnecessairy, especially since she never did anything to you. So, please... keep it friendly?

Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. =)

rainbow_smile 24th July 2018 11:29 AM

Actually, here's an HQ pic I just saw on twitter! Looks like the title of track 3 is either æterna or æternal if there's a letter hidden by the photocard. Track 4 is called "W"?

indigochild 24th July 2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3279375)
I can't believe this. What is it that you think you got the right to be that mean? Calling me non-rational, as if I'm crazy and stupid.

First of all, like I already said, I have a right to my opinion, like everyone else. I also argued why I think this is overprized. And it is. A DVD only release is more expensive in comparison than a CD+DVD release. Same goes for a CD only release compared to a CD+DVD release. Because the production of two items combined costs less than having to produce them seperately, so the combined product costs less. Also DVDs don't really sell, they even sell worse than CDs, to make more profit, they are sold for more. Because if someone is willing to spend money on a DVD, they will probably buy it anyway. This is why most CD+DVD versions of CDs cost around 5000¥, sometimes 6000¥ to 7000¥, whereas DVDs or Blurays cost the same or more.
Since a lot of artists still sell their DVD versions of their albums with concerts attached, in deluxe packaging as first press, together with other first press stuff, for 5000¥ to 7000¥, it is overpriced.

I never called the release a fail before those details were announced, this is a mean lie to discredit me and you know it. I also never said I'll buy it. What I definitely will not.
The price at which some items, Ayu's included, are sold today, is in my honest opinion immoral, for reasons I don't need to discuss here, because it's not the place. But being disappointed as a fan, that Ayu decided to sell her stuff that overpriced, when there still would be enough money made if she sold it for like 6000¥-7000¥, is my right. I explained why I feel this way in detail. You have no right to respond the way you did.

The way you responded is mean and vile, you should feel ashamed that you thought sitting in front of a screen and treating another person like this would be appropriate. I demand an apology.

Of course you have a right to an opinion, but people also have a right to call out your opinion. It goes both ways. Like right now, I think you're taking this a little TOO personally especially with your last paragraph. You said in another comment if people don't like what you say to block you, yet here you are demanding an apology because you don't like what someone said about you. Just block them. It's the internet. Don't take it so seriously. You're not going to meet this person. Live your life. Move on. The fact that this is a thing for you is the very reason why a lot of people seem to take issue with you as of late. Now me? I don't give a fuck. AHS is small little corner of the internet and no one here is "my friend" nor "my enemy". But I'll call people out when the mood strikes and the opportunity arises. It's not an attack on you so don't take it personally, it's an "opinion" through observation.

rainbow_smile 24th July 2018 11:38 AM

@Chibi-Chan: I really doubt ayu is the one setting the prices for her releases. I think avex is to blame. You said the other artist sells more than ayu, so imo it would make sense from business standpoint for avex to jack up ayu's prices to squeeze out more profit from her. By selling more, the other artist covers more of the production cost, so I guess avex can afford lowering the price. I maybe wrong of course, it's just my speculation.

Uknow! 24th July 2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_smile (Post 3279376)
Actually, here's an HQ pic I just saw on twitter! Looks like the title of track 3 is either æterna or æternal if there's a letter hidden by the photocard. Track 4 is called "W"?

Thanks for the HQ version, I love the title, sounds so good, I hope it's not a ballad, I want a rock track.

Sky High 24th July 2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Thanks. I wonder what's the title of the last song.

~angel*ayumi~ 24th July 2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

According to the typography it should be æternal and just W yes.

Aderianu 24th July 2018 11:52 AM

https://i.imgur.com/qQydY9Y.png

Cahz- 24th July 2018 11:52 AM

Interesting that 4 of the tracks have the letter "W"

rainbow_smile 24th July 2018 11:55 AM

Maybe the last track may be something like "The world is yours/mine"? Could be the song she sang at the concert

I think W is the first demo we got