Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition- (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124631)

Aderianu 4th September 2019 12:16 AM

LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition-

LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition-
on sale 2019.11.10

20 years after November 10, 1999.

Anniversary edition commemorating the 20th anniversary of the release of the hit album "LOVEppears" and "appears" single that was released simultaneously with 300,000 copies limit!
All the songs are remastered from the master tape, re-packaging an album and a single.
Also includes an access card to the special site where you can see the content that was released as the CD-EXTRA of DISC-2 of the album “LOVEppears”.

First press limited edition is 4CD + DVD.
4 CD contains total number of 46 tracks (planned): 2-disc album "LOVEppears", single "appears" and bonus disc with collection of all versions of "appears" song released so far. In addition to the PVs of the songs, included in the album, "Who..." live lyric video, that perviously was published only on YouTube, come on the DVD together with ayupan Trauma choreography video.

Also, the whole-body photo shocking visuals, that was a big topic at the time, will be used as the cover artwork for vertical sleeve specification!

http://i.imgur.com/Z0lNfohm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/h80y9iPm.jpg
[4CD+DVD+Sumapura]
¥6,800

<Limited Edition>
★ Vertical Digipack transparent sleeve specification
★ Special site access card included

CD (DISC-1)
01 Introduction
02 Fly high
03 Trauma
04 And Then
05 immature
06 Boys & Girls
07 TO BE
08 End roll
09 P.SII
10 WHATEVER
11 too late
12 appears
13 monochrome
14 Interlude
15 LOVE ~refrain~
16 Who...

CD (DISC-2)
01 ayu's EURO MEGA-MIX "Y&Co. Mix"
02 ayu's HOUSE MEGA-MIX "N.S House Mix"
03 A Song for ×× "MILLENNIUM MIX" from 1st Album
04 POWDER SNOW "Acoustic Orchestra Version" from あゆ・み・っくす
05 FRIENDⅡ "MAKE MY MAD MIX" from ayu-mi-x

CD (DISC-3)
01 appears (99 Greeting Mix)
02 appears (Scud Filter Mix)
03 appears (Dub's Eurotech Remix)
04 WHATEVER (Ferry 'System F' Corsten dub mix)
05 appears (JP's Sound Factory Mix)
06 appears (HΛL's Mix)
07 immature (D-Z DUAL LUCIFER MIX)
08 WHATEVER (Ferry 'System F' Corsten vocal extended mix)
09 appears (Keith Litman's Mix of Truth)
10 immature (JT Original CM Version)
11 appears (99 Greeting Mix -Instrumental-)
12 immature (JT Original CM Version -Instrumental-)

CD (DISC-4)
01 appears (HΛL's Progress)
02 appears (Acoustic version)
03 appears (Armin van Buuren's remix)
04 appears (Junior's Appears On The Air)
05 appears (HW Club Mix)
06 appears (DJ-TURBO remix)
07 appears (Junior's Club Mix)
08 appears (HW Tokyo Hard House Mix)
09 appears (Armin van Buuren's Sunset Dub)
10 appears (Aggressive Extended Mix)
11 appears (Melodic Extended Mix)
12 appears (Shinichi Osawa remix)
13 appears (Inst melo version)

DVD (DISC-5)
01 Fly high
02 Boys & Girls
03 TO BE
04 WHATEVER
05 appears
06 kanariya
07 LOVE ~Destiny~
08 Who... (Live Lyric Video)
09 Trauma (ayupan choreography video)

http://i.imgur.com/40FEbZxm.jpg
[3CD+Sumapura]
¥4,300

<Normal Edition>
★ Special site access card included

CD 1-3 is the same

※Preorder start from 4th September 11:00.
※Products will start selling from 7th November

Cahz- 4th September 2019 12:18 AM

『LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition-』to be released on 11.10

ご予約はこちらから♪

2019年11月10日発売
『LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition-』

1999年11月10日から20年。
ダブルミリオンを記録した大ヒットアルバム『LOVEppears』と、30万枚限定で同時発 売されたシン グル「appears」の発売から20周年を記念したアニヴァーサリー・エディション!
全曲マスターテープからリマスタリングし、アルバムとシングルをひとつにリパッケージ。
また、当時アルバム『LOVEppears』のDISC-2のCD-EXTRAとして収録されていたコンテンツを閲覧できる特設サイトへのアクセスカードを封入。

初回生産限定盤は、4CD+DVDの5枚組スペシャルデジパック仕様。
CDは、2枚組アルバム『LOVEppears』、シングル「appears」に、これまでにリリ ースされ た「appears」全ヴァージョンを集めたボーナスディスクを加えた、総収録トラック数46 曲(予定)の 4枚組。DVDには、アルバム『LOVEppears』に収録されている楽曲のMVに加えて、Y ouTub eでのみ公開され600万回再生を記録している「Who...」のLive Lyric Videoと、初商品化となる「Trauma」のayupanによる振り付け映像を収録。
また、当時その衝撃的なビジュアルが大きな話題となった全身写真を、縦長スリーヴ仕様でカバー アートワーク に使用!

今も歌い継がれる名曲に彩られたJ-POP史に残るマスターピース。ここに蘇るー。

詳細はこちら

Thanks to EndOfTheWorld for posting it on Ayu's social network thread.

EndOfTheWorld 4th September 2019 12:22 AM

:luv2:luv2:luv2

Party_King 4th September 2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3306151)

They using this pic for the Cover of the 4CD+DVD.
So I can imagine they use it like Mirrorcle World or Days/GREEN limited edition which would be super awesome!
The 4th Disc is just a compilation of all other versions of appears... lol :rolleyes

I'll buy it for sure!:luv2

Norrel 4th September 2019 12:30 AM

Does this mean we could possibly get a very Loveppears-heavy setlist for CDL this year? So random but that trailer has me so excited!

Party_King 4th September 2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Party_King (Post 3306152)
They using this pic for the Cover of the 4CD+DVD.
So I can imagine they use it like Mirrorcle World or Days/GREEN limited edition which would be super awesome!
The 4th Disc is just a compilation of all other versions of appears... lol :rolleyes

I'll buy it for sure!:luv2

Ohhh it is actually a vertical cover and all tracks are remastered! :luv2:luv2:luv2

Ryusei 4th September 2019 12:46 AM

I wonder why they never release like an unreleased song along with anniversary editions like this. I don't believe that she only recorded these 16 songs for this album. imagine how amazing it would be to have a new song recorded in that era.

Anyways having the legendary picture in such amazing quality alone is already worth this release. + it's a legendary masterpiece that never gets old.

Aderianu 4th September 2019 12:49 AM

I would like to see "appears (20th Anniversary edition)" as track 14 on disc 4

ayuPanda 4th September 2019 01:02 AM

I hope I can buy it at CDJ. Or I need to find someone who can order it for me XD

njanjayrp 4th September 2019 01:05 AM

One of the most iconic albums ever. I am definitely getting this!

Taishaku 4th September 2019 01:19 AM

Finally a proper official release of appears (Armin van Buuren's Sunset Dub), and also the iconic cover art without any text. :)

EndOfTheWorld 4th September 2019 01:21 AM

I am very curious about the packaging. If it is going to be released with the full vertical photo it will probably be a pretty large package. I am thinking it will resemble the old "long box" packaging that CDs used to be released in many years ago.
The number of tracks included is certainly generous but it would have been nice to include demos or unreleased tracks. Or perhaps a new track or remade track. I also wish that it was a blu-ray instead of DVD. But then the price would be even more unreasonable.
I have been wanting her to release anniversary versions of her past albums for years now. I wonder why A Song For xx was skipped over and if this is just the beginning of a 20th anniversary re-release series.:think
The high resolution Loveppears photo is a great gift by itself. I was able to pull it right from the avex website. I never noticed the slight sparkle of Ayu's makeup on her face before.

pedronekoi 4th September 2019 01:24 AM

I guess from now on we will see a lot of those re-releases just like the labels do with other acts (Matsuda Seiko, Nakamori Akina, etc etc). I wasn't expecting that but YES for the iconic jacket being back again! Hope they do a nice billboard with the jacket again. <3

DogboyShugo 4th September 2019 01:30 AM

I guess I'm just not excited for re-releases...It's nice to have remastered tracks, but i can't deny the lack of excitement i am feeling

Isicio 4th September 2019 01:57 AM

I want the límited edition package

Party_King 4th September 2019 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taishaku (Post 3306161)
Finally a proper official release of appears (Armin van Buuren's Sunset Dub), and also the iconic cover art without any text. :)

The remix was released also on the german appears single, so we've got that in 2005. :D

LOGMAN 4th September 2019 02:34 AM

Gah I want a 20th Anniversary "A Song for xx"!
That album needs a remaster.

Ayufan11 4th September 2019 02:48 AM

They should've released it on vinyl :(
What a missed opportunity

hud 4th September 2019 03:09 AM

mess

xLuna&1LOVE 4th September 2019 03:21 AM

I like the cover art. It was great back then, it is still great and iconic.

But honestly, I don't really get why this is happening. Is it really going to sell well?
I found the A BEST 15th anniversairy just as... pointless.

ayuinh.k? 4th September 2019 03:41 AM

I guess they are releasing it with the hype about the book between her and Max’s relationship and a few of the songs on LOVEppears is about him

ExodusUK 4th September 2019 03:43 AM

Literally gasped 5 times when I saw her Instagram post...literally just rolled my eyes the same amount of times when I realized it was just a repackage of everything we have before. We know you have alternative versions/demos, etc or you could pay for some fresh interesting remixes/interpretations but no. Give us a TK remix of WHATEVER or a Sakanation remix of Appears.

I hope they'll have something better for Duty's 20th Anniversary including a proper release of that Duty PV and the original version of Key.

LOGMAN 4th September 2019 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 3306171)
I like the cover art. It was great back then, it is still great and iconic.

But honestly, I don't really get why this is happening. Is it really going to sell well?
I found the A BEST 15th anniversairy just as... pointless.

Especially when it's not really including anything new. Or even the b-sides.
The MVs have been released multiple times already. A concert or some various live clips from that period would have been more interesting.

surrealA 4th September 2019 03:47 AM

ICONIC

minkAYuko 4th September 2019 03:56 AM

Again ayumi appealing to the sentiments of the past that neither she or her fans can't let go. She's going to continue re-realsing stuff from the past before she makes somehting new lol.

krtman2002 4th September 2019 04:07 AM

I have the feeling that the ayu I love is missing. I remember being excited about new songs avery year, but those days are really gone.

I can understand that she has hearing problems and that she enjoys singing in concerts but I feel she has to keep on releasing NEW music at least once every 2 years (a full album, not like trouble) if she wants to keep her fans on her side.

C'mon ayu. It would have been as easy as rerecord this album or a song for xx to make us feel you want to go back to the studio again.

Pleasw don't release rhings like this.

tokyoxjapanxfan 4th September 2019 04:59 AM

She’s at a point in her career where this will be normal.

Also, take my money because I love this album.

hidekirby 4th September 2019 05:08 AM

Boring...
This is all her marketing team can come up with?

It would have made sense for her 1st album but we have the second instead... Not even her best selling one.
It seems kind of random even if ok it's one of her most popular album and we know now she must talk about Max in it.

Not even a single new track, demo, retake... It's so lazy.

tokyoxjapanxfan 4th September 2019 05:14 AM

I think they’ll most definitely do something for Duty and Surreal too. We could even get a Seasons 20th re-release next summer.

If her drama is coming out in early 2020, this could potentially sell well over a few months, since the original album is presumably out of print?

Sales wise I’d say this is a smart move. Interesting, not really. But it’ll capitalize on the interest generated from the drama.

primavera♥ 4th September 2019 05:58 AM

I just wanted some demos or something else interesting *sigh*.

This is also a reminder that I love that cover so much.

adrtwb 4th September 2019 06:03 AM

Sorry, what is this??

ayuinh.k? 4th September 2019 06:16 AM

Should've added the 1999 secret live as a bonus disc
http://eneabba.net/ayu/video/other/0...et_live_99.htm

Chris85 4th September 2019 06:27 AM

Gotta milk that cow.

Yagami Raito 4th September 2019 07:15 AM

I am definitely getting this release however they waste a great opportunity to promote Ayu to the youngest generation...
As someone else said, I think they could have included a tribute single/album with current mainstream singers re-arranging/re-singing some songs. Even if they have not a great budget on this release they could for eg. only have used artists from Avex management.
Besides Ayu's core fans I don't know who's gonna buy it...

Personally as a fan, I would have like to have a re-sung songs and/or new (unreleased) song.

I like the idea anyway, the timing with the book is not that bad neither
and am looking forward for the package.

jbrat2219 4th September 2019 07:21 AM

Lol why? No A BEST 3 because all her greatest hits are on LOVEppears? I'm not interested but I'm happy for those who are, I guess lol.

cosmicfirefly 4th September 2019 07:51 AM

This is my favorite album so I'm excited regardless, but I would have loved if they had added unreleased songs or something new to it, even a Bluray instead of just the DVD would've been nice. Still, having that larger cover is great!

And I would love anniversary versions of the other albums as well - especially A Song for xx should've gotten a new release too, a lot of those songs could be updated to sound more modern.

RealLight 4th September 2019 08:06 AM

LOVEppears is top 3 on my favorite albums but this is pretty underwhelming. I was expecting something like re-recordings or instrumentals (like what Hikki did with First Love), but yeah, no surprise here, it's been ages something from her had me excited for.

Like Chris85 said, gotta milk that cow.

AJFmzk 4th September 2019 08:28 AM

I actually really like the Loveppears album and I’m a total sucker for first press collectible stuff so I did the pre-order. I’ll probably ignore most of the remix stuff just like with the original Loveppears, except maybe the orchestra ones. I'm curious to see how the remastered songs sound. It would've been nice if they included some acapella stuff like on A Best 15th Anniversary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? (Post 3306190)

Does that footage even still exist besides those screenshots? I feel like they’re holding out these footages/concert releases for the Hamasaki Ayumi ~Super evolution box set~

DonkeyKongRemix 4th September 2019 08:47 AM

So freaking excited. Omg omg omg

OMG

This album is my absolute favorite of hers. It is a pure masterpiece and I am so thrilled by this.

LOGMAN 4th September 2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? (Post 3306190)

Exactly!
Put that in the limited edition and watch it sell out.
Maybe we'll get a 25th Anniversary edition of A Song xx and it can be included in that?
I mean, not likely at all, but seriously. How can they be sitting on such amazing things in the vault and choose to just release the same things over and over??

Taishaku 4th September 2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Party_King (Post 3306167)
The remix was released also on the german appears single, so we've got that in 2005. :D

I'm aware of it, but Drizzly doesn't upload their stuff on Spotify. This re-release means Avex will share it on every streaming platform! :love

visionfactory 4th September 2019 09:08 AM

I was just about to buy LOVEppears or (miss)understood

I don't know if I can wait till November to buy LOVEppears for triple price..

But don't get me wrong I'm all excited for this!! Just 6,800yen is a bit too much!!

ayujarl 4th September 2019 11:20 AM

wow this is lovely

Toniayu123 4th September 2019 11:25 AM

This would had been interesting if it actually included new or unedited material. I mean...they sure have demos or even unreleased tracks. This is pointless imo.

Andrenekoi 4th September 2019 11:40 AM

Every other popstar who is lucky enought to actually have a 20th anniversary celebration releases a 20th edition of a iconic release. Fandom: Oh, that's nice! They are showing off their legacy.

Ayumi Hamasaki releases a 20th anniversary edition of one of her most iconic albums.
Fandom: *drama*

I... just... can't... lol.

Also, nobody is pointing a gun over anyone's head and forcing to buy this. It's clearly a collector item that could pretty much just be ignored by anyone not interested on it.

owlflight 4th September 2019 11:56 AM

If it’s released digitally, I’ll buy it!

~angel*ayumi~ 4th September 2019 12:09 PM

TA/mu-mo Bonus will be "Original paper shopper (1 sheet)"
Limited Edition: Vertical Digipack / Transparent sleeve

Sky High 4th September 2019 12:39 PM

Really not interested. Only if she releases something new.

~angel*ayumi~ 4th September 2019 12:55 PM

*roar* I am getting rly mad....
First Pokemon Center Online Shop and now mu-mo not accepting my card anymore ><
Anyone from Germany/EU has the same problem? I think it´s because the of new stupid online shopping security stuff, but I thought this will start on 14th September...

Yoake 4th September 2019 12:56 PM

Nice. I think this release is so much more interesting than releasing a best album or single collection during her 20th Anniversary. It's a good choice that they didn't do as everyone does during that time and waited the anniversary of one of her most iconic album. It's unexpected and it's good.

Aderianu 4th September 2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3306213)
TA/mu-mo Bonus will be "Original paper shopper (1 sheet)"

What is it?.. Google shows me simple paper bag
If that's all, I better buy it at CDJapan

Aderianu 4th September 2019 01:30 PM

I think it was smart move to announce this release at the day of Power of A3 release. All news sites talk about Loveppears and also show DVD as recent release

njanjayrp 4th September 2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3306208)
Every other popstar who is lucky enought to actually have a 20th anniversary celebration releases a 20th edition of a iconic release. Fandom: Oh, that's nice! They are showing off their legacy.

Ayumi Hamasaki releases a 20th anniversary edition of one of her most iconic albums.

Also, nobody is pointing a gun over anyone's head and forcing to buy this. It's clearly a collector item that could pretty much just be ignored by anyone not interested on it.

Yup. A totally common thing. Suzanne Vega did a tour last year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of her Solitude Standing album and the 25th anniversary of 99 F. Tori Amos has had her old albums re-packaged/remastered, Alanis Morissette and many others too.

I’ve ordered my copy~

mizuki-7 4th September 2019 02:42 PM

Quite clever coupling with the book and the drama lol New contents like unreleased songs or old footages or even some re-recorded version with modern arrangements would bring more interest though !

I hope after all this strategy of bringing Ayu in the *spotlight* we will finally getting new contents ...

A-TeensFan 4th September 2019 03:18 PM

messs!
i want it on vinyl! Avex pls!!!

baby_blue 4th September 2019 04:32 PM

one of the great album of her and now... will be limited on sale again.... huuaaaaaa want it too...

aliceshields 4th September 2019 04:48 PM

From CDJapan:

Quote:

External Bonus "LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition-" original greeting card

Gustavopc 4th September 2019 04:51 PM

There was drama over xtina's 20th anniv edition of her debut album, there was some over Hikki's First Love, gosh there were even people complaining about Kuu recreating the Best second session cover for third universe lol All fanbase have their moments of drama, you guys sometimes take things on ayu too personally. As mentioned, you can easily ignore the drama.

Either way, my issue here has already been pointed out which is the lack of new content, that makes the release a bit less appealing (I had to hold myself to not say LOVEppealing). idk even if they weren't into releasing unreleased demos/songs maybe due to copyrights or whatever there could be new pics from the shoot, like A COMPLETE had. And tbh with this price I don't think this is targeted at a younger audience, this is just a collector's edition.

It's not a bad release, it just lacks a must have feeling to me other than buying it just cause I love the original album /:

Wonder how big the vertical jacket is, I'm already imagining the shipping fees in my head lol

aliceshields 4th September 2019 04:56 PM

^ I would guess just like DAYS/GREEN size, just thicker

relmy 4th September 2019 07:46 PM

I want this but feel conflicted because I'm literally buying the same thing I already own with a bunch of appears remixes.

hud 4th September 2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3306208)

garoto deixa as pessoas expressarem as opiniões delas sem ficar zombando delas. eu hein. maioria dos re-releases tem PELO MENOS demos da era de bonus

I'm sure the remastering will make the album a lot more enjoyable, but some people don't care about it, some can't even hear differences. so a re-recording, some kind of demo, would make this a lot more appealing to a lot of us

Andrenekoi 4th September 2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud (Post 3306258)
garoto deixa as pessoas expressarem as opiniões delas sem ficar zombando delas. eu hein. maioria dos re-releases tem PELO MENOS demos da era de bonus

I'm sure the remastering will make the album a lot more enjoyable, but some people don't care about it, some can't even hear differences. so a re-recording, some kind of demo, would make this a lot more appealing to a lot of us

It's a forum were you put your opinion in public. If you can't handle people disagreeing about your opinioj, doesn't post it. And several of those celebratory re-releases have only a remaster as the nee feature, so this is not uncommon practice. ;)

IMO is way better to have a remaster instead of gimmicky bonus tracks and shitty re-recordings that are almost always worst than the original tracks.

No mais, vai catar coquinho.

Justex 5th September 2019 12:10 AM

Honestly, I‘m more excited about this re-release than about anything Ayu‘s released over the last 6 years. LOVEppears was my first Ayu-album and with the remastering and the nice packaging I‘m already sold.

JackieRos 5th September 2019 01:26 AM

I don’t have this album so heck yes!
I do hope that the album packaging is vertical as well.

It would be so awesome if she recreated the cover too.

mi|kshake 5th September 2019 01:38 AM

It's nice she's doing a 20th anniversary edition of Loveppears but...controversially I don't really rate this album even if there are a lot of tracks I really enjoy on it lol. I hope this does well for her. It's a good release for collectors.

I wouldn't mind if Avex put a remix album our way.

kaled kalil 5th September 2019 01:57 AM

To me remastering an album to release into the same format is so pointless. If it was for a mora high res release, it would make more sense. This is like a game company remastering a game to release for the same console... I know the remastering process is probably gonna make the songs have some what of a crispier sound, but the same limitations of a CD are still gonna apply.

I understand the celebration behind this release, and I already own the original so it's not something for me.

Calling a bonus track / old demo a gimmick for a release like this is... a choice. Lol specially since it's from the artist who always had something extra to offer (many hidden tracks and other things).

Cahz- 5th September 2019 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaled kalil (Post 3306277)
To me remastering an album to release into the same format is so pointless. If it was for a mora high res release, it would make more sense. This is like a game company remastering a game to release for the same console... I know the remastering process is probably make the songs have some what of a crispier sound, but the same limitations of a CD are still gonna apply.

I understand the celebration behind this release, and I already own the original so it's not something for me.

Calling a bonus track / old demo a gimmick for a release like this is... a choice. Lol specially since it's from the artist who always had something extra to offer (many hidden tracks and other things).

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a High Resolution version tho.

ExodusUK 5th September 2019 02:53 AM

She should re-record the songs with her beautiful experienced voice.

AyuCanada 5th September 2019 03:27 AM

I too wish there was a vinyl press of this remastered album, but there isn't. It is still a nice content and a very affordable price for a box (compared to Trouble or made in Japan Tour who cost more than the double)

LOGMAN 5th September 2019 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3306223)
Yup. A totally common thing. Suzanne Vega did a tour last year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of her Solitude Standing album and the 25th anniversary of 99 F. Tori Amos has had her old albums re-packaged/remastered, Alanis Morissette and many others too.

I’ve ordered my copy~

I have no problem with people re-releasing works to celebrate a milestone such as this. But most artists use that re-release to include unreleased works. Just look at what Alanis did for the anniversary edition of Jagged Little Pill.

Nothing in this release is unavailable elsewhere, so I see this as a missed opportunity.

chocopockymaster 5th September 2019 03:47 AM

Don’t @ me AHS; I never got around to buying the original press so I’m all over this.

I preordered the 4-disc set from Amazon.jp and it says there’s a vendor-exclusive greeting card attached? yay.

hud 5th September 2019 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3306270)
It's a forum were you put your opinion in public. If you can't handle people disagreeing about your opinioj, doesn't post it. And several of those celebratory re-releases have only a remaster as the nee feature, so this is not uncommon practice. ;)

IMO is way better to have a remaster instead of gimmicky bonus tracks and shitty re-recordings that are almost always worst than the original tracks.

No mais, vai catar coquinho.

nossa, muito maduro da sua parte essa última frase. lol

it's not about only disagreeing, it's about how every time you make us sound like whining babies and yeah, that happens sometimes, but not like you make it sound. it's super normal for re-releases to have a "gimmicky" bonus, more normal than having nothing. this "drama" you're talking about making it sound only Ayufans do - it happened last month with Xtina's debut re-release, for example. her fans weren't satisfied AT ALL.

anyway if I can I'll obviously buy this, but please quit this "if you're not going buy then shut up!!1!!" narrative. every fan has their right to complain about something the artist do that they don't agree.

JinHamasaki 5th September 2019 05:59 AM

I'm super excited for this! I hope the remasters shine some new light on this iconic album.

I'm sort of happy that it's not re-sung since it can be hit or miss. I liked all the resung tracks on A BEST but only liked A Song for XX on A BALLADS.

Andrenekoi 5th September 2019 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud (Post 3306288)
nossa, muito maduro da sua parte essa última frase. lol

it's not about only disagreeing, it's about how every time you make us sound like whining babies and yeah, that happens sometimes, but not like you make it sound. it's super normal for re-releases to have a "gimmicky" bonus, more normal than having nothing. this "drama" you're talking about making it sound only Ayufans do - it happened last month with Xtina's debut re-release, for example. her fans weren't satisfied AT ALL.

anyway if I can I'll obviously buy this, but please quit this "if you're not going buy then shut up!!1!!" narrative. every fan has their right to complain about something the artist do that they don't agree.

Você vestiu uma carapuça que nem era pra vc. A questão nem é achar o lançamento ruim, é o bando de gente que começa os papos de irrelevância, de preguiça, de desleixo, sempre que ela faz qualquer coisa.

Not liking something isn't drama... "Oh well, I guess she will never release something new anymore because she is a has been milking her past" is drama. Not liking something is totally ok.

summerain 5th September 2019 06:38 AM

@hud @Andrenekoi

kkk amadas??? UFC perde os talentos

It's not a release made for me at all, I really want her releasing new stuff, but it's really great see they showing off her legacy, sometimes people forget her actual impact in the industry.

Andrenekoi 5th September 2019 06:39 AM

Quote:

To me remastering an album to release into the same format is so pointless. If it was for a mora high res release, it would make more sense. This is like a game company remastering a game to release for the same console... I know the remastering process is probably gonna make the songs have some what of a crispier sound, but the same limitations of a CD are still gonna apply.

Considering the pace of her releases at the time and the lenght of her albums during thar era and amount of different mixes on the singles, I wouldn't be surprised if it just doesn't have much more stuff from that period to release.

j.graziano 5th September 2019 06:59 AM

I can't wait for this release. Someone mentioned on Twitter that the "paper shopper" bonus from TA may be a bag that people got when buying LOVEppears in 1999.

minkAYuko 5th September 2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

:yatta:yatta:yatta:vbhappy

kaled kalil 5th September 2019 07:36 AM

@Andrenekoi Nah, I don't believe it's the only material she had from that time. Wasn't Love again basically made with old songs? I know they are two very different projects, but what I'm saying is that even when she was "past" her prime, she had things in storage from some other time.

Even raw demos would be good, since the lyrics could be different. Well, even LOVE ~since 1999~ would be something to look forward since not everyone has the original LOVE ~Destiny~ single.

Whatever, as I said this is not something for me. I'm happy for those who can finally have a copy of it, because it is a pretty good album.

On a side note, I wonder why they are not using the "Black Ayu" for promoting this release, since it is tie-in with appears... Well, I guess it would be too much controversy for today's standards.

rainbow_smile 5th September 2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3306217)
What is it?.. Google shows me simple paper bag
If that's all, I better buy it at CDJapan

A shopper is indeed a bag ^^

jbrat2219 5th September 2019 10:40 AM

I was listening to it today and I really think it is one of her most unique albums as far as music style. Her discography is so massive and each album has its own charm but LOVEppears stands out. What other albums do you think compare in style?

axmish87 5th September 2019 12:59 PM

I was surprised when I saw the teaser trailer and since I haven't bought the original release I will buy this as soon as I can. I noticed that some people here mentioned other artists and how they handled their own anniversary releases I have to say that I was hoping for something a little more substantial from this release since it is a great opportunity but in the end beggars can't be choosers.
For example I think that Alanis Morissette did a great job with her own anniversary release and even though I have all of her albums I haven't bought Jagged Little Pill anniversary edition

TeamAyu2004 5th September 2019 01:53 PM

I wonder if I can get this local.
Also, Im hoping they do something like this for I am...
that was my album!

tokyoxjapanxfan 5th September 2019 06:24 PM

I want it for rainbow
With track 00 actually included.
Or at least remake the website to listen to it. :-p

But I preordered this. Since I skipped out on trouble this is the first music related product I’ve purchased in a while from her.

RealLight 5th September 2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerain (Post 3306291)
@hud @Andrenekoi

kkk amadas??? UFC perde os talentos

Morta

Andrenekoi 5th September 2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaled kalil (Post 3306300)
@Andrenekoi Nah, I don't believe it's the only material she had from that time. Wasn't Love again basically made with old songs? I know they are two very different projects, but what I'm saying is that even when she was "past" her prime, she had things in storage from some other time.

Even raw demos would be good, since the lyrics could be different. Well, even LOVE ~since 1999~ would be something to look forward since not everyone has the original LOVE ~Destiny~ single.

Whatever, as I said this is not something for me. I'm happy for those who can finally have a copy of it, because it is a pretty good album.

On a side note, I wonder why they are not using the "Black Ayu" for promoting this release, since it is tie-in with appears... Well, I guess it would be too much controversy for today's standards.

But overtime her albums and singles became shorter. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually did get some tracks closer to the demos in the form of alternate versions, as it was pretty usual for her to release 2, 3 different versions at the same track back them.

fancycar 5th September 2019 10:04 PM

Why not remaster all tracks to 96/48???

"I just can't remember how small my boobs were at that time!" said by ayu.

Aderianu 5th September 2019 11:55 PM

https://i.imgur.com/wcybmzL.jpg

ExodusUK 6th September 2019 12:06 AM

Anyone else think it's interesting that they've avoided using the appears cover anywhere? Maybe Ayu/Avex is woke and unproblematic queens.

visionfactory 6th September 2019 12:11 AM

For globe Avex released DELUXE edition albums (original tracks+all instrumental tracks including unreleased ones) and Master Tapes.

DELUXE albums were not released physically but I think that was because of globe scandal and tragedy.

gustavismo 6th September 2019 01:08 AM

I'd LOVE to listen to LOVEppears demos/different mixes, some of her songs in their earlier stages sounded very different when they were used in CMs back then (immature on the appears disc being one of them), it would've been amazing to experience this album through another perspective, such a shame it won't happen this time :(

jbrat2219 6th September 2019 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3306336)

Ayu's still got it! I hope this re-release does well.

henrique 6th September 2019 03:26 AM

ANy news about a Oversea Version?

jean-baptiste 6th September 2019 04:06 AM

I think this is an interesting release! I personally don't think the price range is justified, and as I have the original press, I'm not interested in purchasing it myself, but if I had extra cash to throw around I'd consider getting this.

tokyoxjapanxfan 6th September 2019 05:02 AM

In a perfect world they’d have the poster plastered everywhere. I wonder if there’ll be promotion?

aliceshields 6th September 2019 06:59 AM

I would love to see her current HER to pose the same cover pose for this 20th Anniversary release, under the original cover slip-case... the 20 years ago Ayu, and the 20 year later Ayu, I want this 🥰 would you?

extepan 6th September 2019 07:24 AM

I hope there will be an affordable Taiwan version of the 4CD + DVD!

Evan Odinson 6th September 2019 08:13 AM

Already pre-ordered the limited edition because is going to look good next to my original edition :P

LOGMAN 6th September 2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliceshields (Post 3306349)
I would love to see her current HER to pose the same cover pose for this 20th Anniversary release, under the original cover slip-case... the 20 years ago Ayu, and the 20 year later Ayu, I want this 🥰 would you?

Yes that would be very cool

visionfactory 6th September 2019 09:16 AM

I think it's more likely we get appears (single) cover at the back