Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Avatars not working + can't change it (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119891)

koumori 23rd May 2014 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by November4 (Post 3076587)
What effort? All they have to do is e-mail the admin or server host and wait for a reply. xD

Oh, I don't know. There's still a few other things to work on whilst AHS is in its current state. :)

At the moment with the avatar issue, yes, we're still waiting on an update from the admin. We'll post back here once we know more.

Αyumi 25th May 2014 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by November4 (Post 3076587)
What effort? All they have to do is e-mail the admin or server host and wait for a reply. xD

You do realize it's more complicated than that, right?

The people who have full access to the server are MIA, which obviously means they aren't replying to any kind of message.

I think it isn't fair for you to assume anything about the situation unless you actually know more on what happened/what's going on.

munckei 31st July 2014 02:04 PM

Just thought I'd pop a post in and ask about the status of this problem?
Any progress?

koumori 2nd August 2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munckei (Post 3089898)
Just thought I'd pop a post in and ask about the status of this problem?
Any progress?

We'll make an announcement when there's any progress.

orangeakira 2nd August 2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemus (Post 3073528)
No, afraid not. The situation is still the same as last month. We are trying to get in contact with the admin to fix the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by taskinillusion (Post 3076661)
^ The admin has been notified. As far as I know, it's being worked on, but the mods haven't been updated on the situation in a while...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koumori (Post 3076824)
we're still waiting on an update from the admin. We'll post back here once we know more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koumori (Post 3090074)
We'll make an announcement when there's any progress.

Are we still waiting to hear from the administrators? It's been months! Is this some godforsaken forum that they left behind in a past life? I mean jesus fucking christ the forum went down in the beginning of April and we're now in August, an ahs member had to use their own money to buy the forum just so it wouldn't be lost forever. The two people that run this place are isaac hiew who according to his page hasn't logged in since 17th January 2012 and SurrealDreams who according to his page hasn't logged in since 19th October 2011.

We're like that one part in Titanic where the ship is going down and they start sending out flares so hopefully someone will notice and the camera zooms out and it's this tiny little light that lasts for a few seconds in the middle of the ocean surrounded by black nothing-ness for miles and miles.

koumori 3rd August 2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeakira (Post 3090080)
We're like that one part in Titanic where the ship is going down and they start sending out flares so hopefully someone will notice and the camera zooms out and it's this tiny little light that lasts for a few seconds in the middle of the ocean surrounded by black nothing-ness for miles and miles.

It's a forum, not a life and death situation. AHS is an older forum as well with most of the admin team having moved on with their lives, yes. :) It's not been forgotten about, but it's not as if the forum isn't usable right now either.

There isn't much the moderators can do other than stay in contact with the administrators with this issue and wait. Getting angry isn't going to make the process any faster and will just make the situation unnecessarily volatile for no real reason.

Αyumi 3rd August 2014 03:27 PM

Good news, everyone! (I hope you all read that in Professor Farnsworth's voice.)

I'm happy to finally share with you that a solution to the broken features and neglects from lack of administration access is happening! There is A LOT of hard work that needs to be done before we can get everything back on track, so I will have to ask you (once again), to please be as patient as you can.

Things are actually being done now, but it will take more than just a day to fix it.
Things are changing and we hope that you will enjoy the new AHS once it arrives.

I really hope that this message will motivate you to stay even longer at AHS!

Would like to apologise deeply for all the mess that has happened here since April, and I want to thank all of the loyal and cute users, and the great staff that has been around. I know most of you don't know me, but I really hope that we can all have fun on AHS together from now on.

AHS will never die. ♥ ♥ ♥

Machiko 3rd August 2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Αyumi (Post 3090204)
Good news, everyone! (I hope you all read that in Professor Farnsworth's voice.)

I'm happy to finally share with you that a solution to the broken features and neglects from lack of administration access is happening! There is A LOT of hard work that needs to be done before we can get everything back on track, so I will have to ask you (once again), to please be as patient as you can.

Things are actually being done now, but it will take more than just a day to fix it.
Things are changing and we hope that you will enjoy the new AHS once it arrives.

I really hope that this message will motivate you to stay even longer at AHS!

Would like to apologise deeply for all the mess that has happened here since April, and I want to thank all of the loyal and cute users, and the great staff that has been around. I know most of you don't know me, but I really hope that we can all have fun on AHS together from now on.

Aaah, that's so amazing to hear that it's being fixed soon! I don't personally mind it taking time, just knowing something is happening is more than enough! :yes

Αyumi 4th August 2014 03:59 AM

Just hope that everyone knows that this isn't another "We're doing the best we can" thing, but more of a "Hey, things are actually happening because we're finally able to fix it now!" :3

tokyoxjapanxfan 4th August 2014 08:49 AM

Ayumi that's really fantastic news! Thank you and everyone helping in the process!

maneayu 6th August 2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Αyumi (Post 3090204)

:love Thank you for the hard work!
If you need help with respect of software issues, don't hesitate to contact me :)
(I bet I am not the only computer savvy in this forum)

marty 6th August 2014 06:30 PM

Amazing news! ;_; *crying for joy and relief*
Thanks for all the effort you put on this forum!

orangeakira 7th August 2014 12:15 AM

It's a great relief to be proven wrong. (sort of. Still no word from the administrators) Thanks Ayumi. :D

Αyumi 13th August 2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeakira (Post 3090641)
It's a great relief to be proven wrong. (sort of. Still no word from the administrators) Thanks Ayumi. :D

I was given permission to post the update by an admin, which is why they didn't say anything yet. So don't worry!

tsumekaze_ 24th August 2014 11:53 AM

Thanks for the effort, it's so nice to know AHS will soon be fixed♥ I'M HAPPY!

XFER 22nd October 2014 06:53 AM

Any news on avatars working again? I thankfully was able to change my signature (I thought I couldn't) but the avatar keeps being bothersome. In fact, it's the only thing that AHS lacks right now for me lol

Αyumi 24th October 2014 06:51 AM

The admin who told me he was gonna renew everything and fix the problems has just gone MIA again. Sigh.. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Sorry, guys. It doesn't seem like anything will/can be done at this point. :(
I have 0 access to any kind of content, only the domain.

orangeakira 24th October 2014 06:56 AM

I guess this is the end of AHS as we know it.

TeamAyu2004 24th October 2014 09:44 AM

hm. I wonder why the admin just cant give access to another person? This is just strange. Or what about the ability to clone the website and make new admins?

Αyumi 24th October 2014 02:19 PM

I do have a backup of the forum, and I own the AHS domain.

But I don't own the vBulletin license so installing it wouldn't really work.
And to be honest, as much as I want to see AHS live, there is no way I have that kind of money to save a place already as dead as this.

I tried to contact the founder but he never replied.. last time I talked to him, he told me he wanted to fix everything, update the board version and make me admin so I could deal with issues. But he hasn't, so we're stuck. : (

Haven't seen him online in a few months either so..