Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] Ayu to perform at Music Station 31 March (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123522)

thinkingoutloud89 18th March 2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayasaki (Post 3234718)
OMG Hoping for Seasons, SURREAL, or even SURREAL evolution SURREAL, or M LOL

please, neither

microphone 18th March 2017 10:38 PM

Perform "You were...", ayu!

Refix 19th March 2017 01:05 AM

Close to the event, whatever song she will perform, I hope she'll sing it well and the audio of the studio can make her voice sounds good also.

ShiraJemJem 19th March 2017 04:48 AM

Maybe No way to say, I guess.

YUKARI 19th March 2017 07:11 AM

she will sing vogue or INSPIRE or SEASONS

tokyoxjapanxfan 19th March 2017 07:21 AM

Model Press says that there will be videos about the debuts of the guests. So that'll be fun to see haha.

Honestly I just hope we don't get a medley...

Chris85 19th March 2017 10:35 AM

I hope Ayu will be sitting near JSB during the show. I want to watch their reactions to each other.

aavis 19th March 2017 03:47 PM

GoooooooooooooooooD NEWS

Yoake 19th March 2017 04:20 PM

This TV live is surely a part of the long term promotion strategy for her 20th Anniversary that her team started with the CDL. So it'll be classic songs to remind non fans about that.

TheRainbow 19th March 2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoake (Post 3234915)
This TV live is surely a part of the long term promotion strategy for her 20th Anniversary that her team started with the CDL. So it'll be classic songs to remind non fans about that.

I can understand that for the tour, but she's been doing performing the same few hits for a while now, so I don't see this as a very effective use of the promotion opportunity. I'm only guessing, but given her history I have to assume she'll perform the usual.

Any performance is cool with me, but all her past shows have old songs spanning her career too. She has many great performances she can replicate for Music Station to make an impact--an easier version of kanariya, for example? I just don't see another M, evolution or SEASONS performance making casual listeners curious at this point (as much as I still love these songs!).

ayuinh.k? 19th March 2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoake (Post 3234915)

She's been performing her old hits since 2012. M, SEASONS, evolution has been heard numerous times on TV that ayu's main selling point is nostalgia, but that has been done too many times that its starting to become stale. If she was to promote her tour she would need to perform other songs from her discography like Voyage, Talkin 2 Myself, Mirrorcle World.

EndOfTheWorld 19th March 2017 08:24 PM

Ayu is suffering from the same dilemma that many veteran popular artists have to deal with.
Most people want to hear her most famous songs from her peak years ago.
Only dedicated fans will want to hear specific singles from different eras and hidden gems/under performed material.
I see it all the time here. An artist will play a handful of songs and everyone gets excited for the older big hits and then when they get to the newer songs no one cares anymore. Some people even complain when they play less mainstream songs!:no
So if Ayu performs new songs, there won't be a lot of hype or interest in her appearance on TV. If she performs older songs from her peak popularity, it will draw in more viewers and hype and makes her appearance more relevant to the public. She can't win either way.
She most likely is doing Music Station to support her 20th anniversary era/activities. So it would be wonderful if she would perform songs from a variety of years.:)

pedronekoi 20th March 2017 12:19 AM

Hoping for something like her performance of "Life" in 2011: just her and the band, an unexpected song, no dancers, very raw and natural. <3

TriStar 20th March 2017 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRainbow (Post 3234917)
I just don't see another M, evolution or SEASONS performance making casual listeners curious at this point (as much as I still love these songs!).

You do not consider the digital success of her best-of albums (especially A Best) in the recent years. It is of course a result of this performance strategy. Last year, the 15th anniverary edition of A Best sold nearly half as many copies as her new studio album - with literally no production costs for Avex.

axmish87 20th March 2017 02:29 AM

crossroad acoustic version or original one

TheRainbow 20th March 2017 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriStar (Post 3234940)
You do not consider the digital success of her best-of albums (especially A Best) in the recent years. It is of course a result of this performance strategy. Last year, the 15th anniverary edition of A Best sold nearly half as many copies as her new studio album - with literally no production costs for Avex.

Was A BEST not at a huge discount digitally? There's still some interest in her older music, but that might not translate to paying for a ticket to the show especially when it has a recent tour already attached to it. As for the 15th anniversary, as you said, it did less than half of her new stuff. Her new stuff now can hold its own ground too and help promote her show.

Still, I'm not even asking for new stuff to be performed. She has like 35 other #1 singles. Why not something from the hugely successful A single? If she's going for nostalgia as a selling point, I feel she should show she has a history worth paying a concert ticket for, a history more substantial than 3 songs performed in the same way. I'll happily watch another SEASONS performance if that's what it comes down to, but a little surprise performance is always nice!

js_surrealism 20th March 2017 03:47 AM

she's either gonna perform poker face, or the first song she ever performed on MS (YOU)

tokyoxjapanxfan 20th March 2017 05:33 AM

I also find it weird that she's stuck with the same 3-4 songs for years now.

Granted in terms of impact, M, SEASONS etc. have far more of a cultural impact, but like...doing other number 1 songs could provide a "natsukashii!" moment. Honestly I don't think her current staples do that so much. She performs them so constantly that they're never going to be nostalgic lol. Dearest, Voyage, No way to say, Moments, End roll would be great choices. TV wise they're rarely performed now.

And quite honestly she needs to ditch her dancers on TV. It's become a circus lol.

kotora 20th March 2017 05:47 AM

Love song - Is this LOVE? - Meaning of Love - Shape of Love

Chris85 20th March 2017 06:21 AM

Is the theme graduation songs or is this theme for next program?