Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lyrics (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   [Translation] W (lyrics) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124214)

tenshi no hane 5th August 2018 06:48 PM

W (lyrics)

W

Lalalalalala wow wow wow
Lalalalalala wow wow wow

I let my meticulously hair-blown
curled hair dance in the wind
and subtly overline my lips
as finishing touch

My armor is ready. All that’s left to do
is to smile shyly — ready

I’m only letting you make me feel good, you know?
Uh- wow uh- wow
It’s your own fault for taking things seriously, you know?
Uh- wow uh- wow

You’re so cute

Lalalalalala wow wow wow

Intentionally acting like a woman without intentions
is all part of the strategy

The game is won once I make you say
something like “I’ll protect you” — winner

You think this is everything?
Uh- wow uh- wow
Sorry, but this is merely a slice, you know?
Uh- wow uh- wow

You’re so cute

My armor is ready. All that’s left to do
is to smile shyly — ready

I’m only letting you make me feel good, you know?
Uh- wow uh- wow
It’s your own fault for taking things seriously, you know?
Uh- wow uh- wow

You’re so cute

Lalalalalala wow wow wow
Lalalalalala wow wow wow

romaji
Spoiler:
lalalalalala wow wow wow
lalalalalala wow wow wow

nen iri ni buroo shite
maita kami wo nabikasete
shiage ni wa rippu wo
oobaa rain gimi ni hiite

busou wa kanpeki ato wa hikaeme ni
nikkori waratte "ready"

kimochi yoku sasete agete ru dake yo?
uh- wow uh- wow
honki ni shita no wa jibun no sei yo?
uh- wow uh- wow

kawaii anata

lalalalalala wow wow wow

ishi wo motte ishi no nai
onna enjiru no mo kakehiki

mamotte ageru toka iwaseta ra
shoubu wa tsuita wa "winner"

kore ga subete da to omotte ru no?
uh- wow uh- wow
warui kedo konna no honno ichimen yo?
uh- wow uh- wow

kawaii anata

busou wa kanpeki ato wa hikaeme ni
nikkori waratte "ready"

kimochi yoku sasete agete ru dake yo?
uh- wow uh- wow
honki ni shita no wa jibun no sei yo?
uh- wow uh- wow

kawaii anata

lalalalalala wow wow wow
lalalalalala wow wow wow

kanji
Spoiler:
Lalalalalala wow wow wow
Lalalalalala wow wow wow

念入りにブローして
巻いた髪をなびかせて
仕上げにはリップを
オーバーライン気味に引いて

武装は完璧 後は控えめに
にっこり笑って"ready"

気持ち良くさせてあげてるだけよ?
uh- wow uh- wow
本気にしたのは自分のせいよ?
uh- wow uh- wow

可愛いあなた

Lalalalalala wow wow wow

意思を持って意思のない
オンナ演じるのも駆け引き

守ってあげるとか言わせたら
勝負はついたわ"Winner"

これが全てだと思ってるの?
uh- wow uh- wow
悪いけどこんなのほんの一面よ?
uh- wow uh- wow

可愛いあなた

武装は完璧 後は控えめに
にっこり笑って"ready"

気持ち良くさせてあげてるだけよ?
uh- wow uh- wow
本気にしたのは自分のせいよ?
uh- wow uh- wow

可愛いあなた

Lalalalalala wow wow wow
Lalalalalala wow wow wow

Yoake 5th August 2018 07:02 PM

Wow so fast! Thanks

Really like the lyrics. It's light, fun and the message is clear. I like to read the word armor because the introduction make me thinking the drums of a war when the soldiers are rising ready to fight.

Aderianu 5th August 2018 07:47 PM

not sure that I like this message

love in music 5th August 2018 07:50 PM

Thanks! I kind of expected more from the lyrics to this song, I don't really get the woman power vibe here. I get more of an "ayu is a player" vibe here lol. It's interesting though.

Tourian 5th August 2018 08:19 PM

S A V A G E

Uknow! 5th August 2018 08:24 PM

Thank you, I expected more but I like reading this type of message from ayu, I think in a society like Japan, women wanting sex only without seriousness is not good.

Sky High 5th August 2018 08:28 PM

So it is full song, not intro. So happy, lyrics are good :)

Coelacanth 5th August 2018 09:13 PM

great track, shame the lyrics are inspired by the degenerate feminism of the West

Saki-Chan 5th August 2018 09:46 PM

LOVE IT.

Andrenekoi 5th August 2018 09:57 PM

IMO this feels more like "women pretend to be fragile to outsmart men" than "Ayu is a player". What also fits Sexy Little Things and the japanese society view on women as far as I remember.

njanjayrp 5th August 2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3281817)
great track, shame the lyrics are inspired by the degenerate feminism of the West

She can loosen up once in a while.

Uknow! 5th August 2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3281830)
IMO this feels more like "women pretend to be fragile to outsmart men" than "Ayu is a player". What also fits Sexy Little Things and the japanese society view on women as far as I remember.

I agree so much!

primavera♥ 5th August 2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3281830)

Really not seeing the degenerate feminism. I had to laugh a little though.

These lyrics are very reminiscent of Sexy little things. To me, ayu in her lyrics involving women in their relationships or society is good at providing a few different perspectives on what it can be like in reality while sprinkled sometimes with very light social commentary. As opposed to wider, more complex social commentary.

For me in these lyrics, ayu is pretty much using the general not so positive ways some men have engaged with women (in the chorus particularly). It's like the idea that she has toughened herself up and made herself closer to emotionally numb after dealing with toxic relationships unsuccessfully, and now she's choosing to engage in this mindset and these behaviors herself. It's not really any sort of new or innovate concept, but that's how I first took the lyrics.

All in all though, I'm really not sure if that is how she was intending them, so I always like reading other fan perspectives.

cosmicfirefly 5th August 2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primavera♥ (Post 3281838)
Really not seeing the degenerate feminism. I had to laugh a little though.

These lyrics are very reminiscent of Sexy little things. To me, ayu in her lyrics involving women in their relationships or society is good at providing a few different perspectives on what it can be like in reality while sprinkled sometimes with very light social commentary. As opposed to wider, more complex social commentary.

For me in these lyrics, ayu is pretty much using the general not so positive ways some men have engaged with women (in the chorus particularly). It's like the idea that she has toughened herself up and made herself closer to emotionally numb after dealing with toxic relationships unsuccessfully, and now she's choosing to engage in this mindset and these behaviors herself. It's not really any sort of new or innovate concept, but that's how I first took the lyrics.

All in all though, I'm really not sure if that is how she was intending them, so I always like reading other fan perspectives.

Agree. I feel like nowadays when women do something others don't like they derogatorily call it 'feminism' forgetting that's really about striving for equality, but I won't get further into that here. To me the lyrics seem to be suggesting that she wants to view the relationship in a casual way like that will prevent any future possible heartbreak, especially since she uses 'armor.' But there's also not a ton there to form a definite opinion, so it can be interpreted many ways.

Cahz- 5th August 2018 11:49 PM

god I love the lyrics

freedreamer 6th August 2018 01:59 AM

Its actually coy yet flirty at the same time. Not player vibes for me but theres a very teasing aspect about it. And THIS feels like TROUBLE

EndOfTheWorld 6th August 2018 02:16 AM

Actually, a big reason why I enjoy Ayu's girl power themes and messages is that it's not the type of extreme feminism that can be seen over here.
It's hard for me to interpret these lyrics because it seems vague to me. I'm not sure. I think it's about being confident and vulnerable at the same time. She feels sexy and confident when flirting with men but she makes sure to wear her armor so she does not get her heart broken. She will flirt with men but will always be careful to not show weakness or give men her trust so easily.

melissalove 6th August 2018 02:41 AM

Ayu is simply not in love with whoever she’s taking about. “I’m only letting you make me feel good, you know?” Sounds like a booty call to me.

Refix 6th August 2018 06:18 AM

At first I thought it's about her routine as a performer. Then it goes darker, I thought it's about prostitution or something like that Daddy or patron thing.

freedreamer 6th August 2018 06:32 AM

So does W stand for WONDER WOMAN? lolol