Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ayu to appear at MUSIC FAIR on 11th August (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124151)

SunshineSlayer 13th August 2018 12:57 AM

I thought she did excellent on all the songs, including To Be. Hope she can keep this up!

summerain 13th August 2018 04:23 AM

About the æternal thing:

I don't know what she said in MUSIC FAIR, but the "æ" is "a" and "e" together, but at the same time are two "e"s glued, one of them flipped upside down, inverted, just like the different track list orders.

I think the double reading through different track lists shows how she deals with the same problem (her deafness, her trouble) in different perspectives.

tokyoxjapanxfan 13th August 2018 06:36 AM

She said something along the lines of “a” (Ayu) is turning it’s back to “eternal”

And that the trick/answer is in the lyrics.

So, she doesn’t need someone for eternity. “Someone” being the subject of the song’s lyrics. (Or what many are saying is Nagase.)

“Need” might be the wrong word. But that’s the gist I got from it.

But basically, it was great, but it’s now a memory.

maxikot 13th August 2018 06:42 PM

Here is a link to a twitter thread, this guy is doing an amazing job translating more interesting parts of the interview (and many other things).
https://twitter.com/ayutranslations/...53699161817088

cosmicfirefly 13th August 2018 08:08 PM

^ I'm so glad they translated those parts, I always like reading about her interviews. Now I'm imagining rice farmer Ayu XD

Aokani 13th August 2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3283107)
Here is a link to a twitter thread, this guy is doing an amazing job translating more interesting parts of the interview (and many other things).
https://twitter.com/ayutranslations/...53699161817088

Thanks for the link!
I see that he posted something about Koda Kumi talking about Ayu on a TV show (he doesn't know which one though), sounds interesting.

mi|kshake 13th August 2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3283107)
Here is a link to a twitter thread, this guy is doing an amazing job translating more interesting parts of the interview (and many other things).
https://twitter.com/ayutranslations/...53699161817088

Wow, thanks for letting us know - this is a great Twitter account! Definitely going to start following it.

nalini-dahlia 13th August 2018 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerain (Post 3281583)
While doing a lap dance at Kazuma during a touching performance of how beautiful you are.

That sounds great.

Calico 13th August 2018 11:45 PM

"When it's just her and the camera, she can get anxious."

That explains a lot about the performance, tbh.

maxikot 14th August 2018 12:03 AM

^ Yes, I find this part very explanatory as well. It goes well with Ayu as the artist that is born for stage with real audience, people empower her.

Taishaku 14th August 2018 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prussian blue (Post 3282969)
I was expecting another vocal disaster but she blew me away. She almost sounds perfect in voyage, and I don't mind a few miss spot in TO BE as well. She sounds to be harsh in aeternal though, which I think is the only thing worth to be mentioned, but other than than it is well done.

I agree! I wasn't expecting too much but it was a pleasant surprise to listen to her voice, she has improved so much! Oh, and I love your hitomi avatar. :love

tsumekaze_ 14th August 2018 10:13 AM

didnt really read the other comments but i wanna jump in here saying she sounded amazing.
amazing!!!!! voyage was so perfect and finally so... "effortless" like in the old days.
I am very impressed and so so happy I actually shed a tear of two.
Hope she can keep this up. I knew she still got it in her!

edit: also the way she smiles at the end when finishing the song is so honest and sweet.
It gives me the feeling as if she's thinking she did it good after a long time struggling.
Maybe it's just me tho.

SunshineSlayer 14th August 2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calico (Post 3283133)
"When it's just her and the camera, she can get anxious."

That explains a lot about the performance, tbh.

Which is odd because she didn't seem to have a problem with it at all when she was younger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmicfirefly (Post 3283117)
^ I'm so glad they translated those parts, I always like reading about her interviews. Now I'm imagining rice farmer Ayu XD

They mistranslated that pretty badly, actually. lol. She didn't say anything about rice farming. She said she wanted to become Tamori-san, as in the host of Music Station. She kind of didn't understand the question completely and gave an unrelated answer, lol

melissalove 14th August 2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3283265)
Which is odd because she didn't seem to have a problem with it at all when she was younger.

It’s been years since she’s been on tv. She’ll need time to get used to it.

maxikot 14th August 2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3283265)
They mistranslated that pretty badly, actually. lol. She didn't say anything about rice farming. She said she wanted to become Tamori-san, as in the host of Music Station. She kind of didn't understand the question completely and gave an unrelated answer, lol

In later tweets it was corrected.

SunshineSlayer 14th August 2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissalove (Post 3283266)
It’s been years since she’s been on tv. She’ll need time to get used to it.

She's been on TV several times this year, last year etc. Of course not as much as she used to in her heyday though. It's obvious that she is less confident about being able to give a good performance on live TV these days as compared to then. I think that's the difference, not the number of times she is on TV cause you would think after what are probably hundreds of tv lives, you'd be used to it. :)

primavera♥ 14th August 2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3283274)
She's been on TV several times this year, last year etc. Of course not as much as she used to in her heyday though. It's obvious that she is less confident about being able to give a good performance on live TV these days as compared to then. I think that's the difference, not the number of times she is on TV cause you would think after what are probably hundreds of tv lives, you'd be used to it. :)

Yeah I think she is pretty aware that her voice is damaged/she struggles to sing very well live. And she understands the criticism she gets for it.

So it seems like she gets genuinely happy sometimes when she can pull it off. And so it's also not too surprising hearing that she gets anxious without the fans there. It seems to relate to her looking at the background singers as well.

oaristos 15th August 2018 02:37 AM

I just watched the show and she looked incredibly pretty! :heart didn't understand much of the interview, but the way she communicates and behaves is so elegant. <3 She sang pretty well overall, I thought there was a bit too much shouting in TO BE but definitely better than her last performance on Music Station.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.