Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A ~サイゴノトラブル~ III (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124725)

rainbow_smile 5th May 2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner (Post 3318848)
Is there anyone here that had tickets to a cancelled show, and had any luck with refunds etc?
I keep getting the emails about "we'll update you soon" but, well, it's been two months now, and I won't be going to Japan anytime soon unfortunately, and AU$150 is money i could really do wit having back at the moment...

Try to contact your bank and ask for a chargeback

SunshineSlayer 6th May 2020 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizuki-7 (Post 3318694)

By the way I love this performance she is a bit stiff but you can see she already has it despite being a nobody lol

Speaking of the Idol on Stage performances, I actually was able to get high quality versions of three of her performances years ago from someone in Japan. Haven't really seen them floating around online since; it's always just really low quality versions.

Old performances on my google drive

Feel free to grab them everyone! And yeah, she clearly had stage presence back in '94 and '95 waaay before Avex came along. I also prefer her voice back then too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3318714)
One performance was part of "TK Music Clamp" and iirc, TK is the one playing bass and doing background vocals. At least that's what I read but don't quote me on that.

I've got a clearer version of it, and yes, it is TK. So even way back then she had at least some sort of a connection to TK. Just interesting to see how much of her pre-official avex debut has been kind of muddied and swept under the rug even with the info about Ayu and Max's relationship and whatnot coming out.

RealLight 6th May 2020 03:15 AM

So, assuming this was her style of singing before being signed by avex, this is what Max thought as "she can't sing well"?

SunshineSlayer 6th May 2020 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLight (Post 3318921)
So, assuming this was her style of singing before being signed by avex, this is what Max thought as "she can't sing well"?

It's not what was popular at the time in terms of singing style. It was more reminiscent of idols in the 80s. But personally, I think they are more kind of white washing and milking the story a bit and it's a much better story if she couldn't sing and suddenly took lessons and learned how. :rolleyes

truehappiness 6th May 2020 03:45 AM

I always thought the story was more that Max heard her sing a lot of karaoke and said it was "not good but the voice was nice" which is why the deal came about to begin with. I would say her voice back then was nice sounding too but it's very much like someone who goes to karaoke a lot and sings for fun rather than being a "good singer", you know? They've pretty much said the same thing back during ASFXX too.

Quote:

(A) Do you know? I've known the man since I was sixteen.
  (U) Really?
  (A) Yes, I've known him for about four years. And when we went to a Karaoke house together, I was told by the man, "You are poor at singing."
  (U) What?
  (A) And he said to me, "Poor at singing, but you have a good voice", and "Go to take lessons." I didn't go to school nor do any jobs then.
The lack of attention of her idol days I think is probably because Ayu herself did not like those days. I recall her 'first swimsuit shoot' was for Deji Deji Diary's book but we all know she did a photobook in Indonesia during the idol years. However, she did address it in a few interviews even when she was huge back then so nowadays it seems she distances herself from mentioning it at all.

Quote:

(S) Had you already moved to a talent office in Tokyo then?
  (A) I belonged to SOS (a talent office mostly for models) in Tokyo at first. And a man of the office, who was on friendly terms with a person of Sun Music, said to me, "As Ayu is small and can't do the model job, I think it's better for you to appear on television." Then I moved to Sun Music. As it was the reliable talent office, I was sure I would be able to pass. And I took the written examination and entered Horikoshi Gakuen.

juanes6 6th May 2020 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner (Post 3318848)
Is there anyone here that had tickets to a cancelled show, and had any luck with refunds etc?
I keep getting the emails about "we'll update you soon" but, well, it's been two months now, and I won't be going to Japan anytime soon unfortunately, and AU$150 is money i could really do wit having back at the moment...

I'm still waiting for new dates... I'm not sure if I'm being too optimistic (and I have 4 tickets... 2 of them are mine, and the other for a friend) :/

glowlydays 6th May 2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juanes6 (Post 3318935)
I'm still waiting for new dates... I'm not sure if I'm being too optimistic (and I have 4 tickets... 2 of them are mine, and the other for a friend) :/

I think they will only process refunds once new dates are announced so people can decide whether they can go or not... I've seen some gigs in Ireland being postponed from May 2020 to October 2021 though...

AJFmzk 6th May 2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3318920)
Speaking of the Idol on Stage performances, I actually was able to get high quality versions of three of her performances years ago from someone in Japan. Haven't really seen them floating around online since; it's always just really low quality versions.

Feel free to grab them everyone! And yeah, she clearly had stage presence back in '94 and '95 waaay before Avex came along. I also prefer her voice back then too.

Thanks for the clips!

attractive nausea 6th May 2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3318920)

I've got a clearer version of it, and yes, it is TK. So even way back then she had at least some sort of a connection to TK. Just interesting to see how much of her pre-official avex debut has been kind of muddied and swept under the rug even with the info about Ayu and Max's relationship and whatnot coming out.

Thanks so much for sharing thse!

SunshineSlayer 7th May 2020 07:19 AM

^ Yeah, no problem. They've just been sitting on my drive collecting dust. :) Wish I could have gotten them all in that quality though.

DavidChaiLatte 8th May 2020 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizuki-7 (Post 3318694)
Thank you it was a great reading you don't have to feel sorry :)
I agree with you she could have been a better singer if Avex didn’t tried to make her sing as High as possible for marketing purpose... her pre avex voice was definitely lower, clearer less nasal ...

Fun fact, Nokko, the lead singer of the band who made that song, ended up covering an Ayu song only a few years later. How the table has turned :D

Not gonna lie tho... it sounds kinda bad lol

SunshineSlayer 8th May 2020 06:09 AM

^ Nokko completely ruined her vocal chords from overuse. Definitely an example of what not to do. She used to be an amazing singer.

attractive nausea 8th May 2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte (Post 3319089)
Fun fact, Nokko, the lead singer of the band who made that song, ended up covering an Ayu song only a few years later. How the table has turned :D

Omg this sounds so bad :shakehead

hidekirby 8th May 2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3319098)
^ Nokko completely ruined her vocal chords from overuse. Definitely an example of what not to do. She used to be an amazing singer.

I didn't know about her (not really into jpop besides ayu of course). This video is really painful to watch. Must be terrible for her if she used to be an amazing singer : /

RealLight 8th May 2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

"Kinda bad" is an understatement, that was terrible x-x

ayuinh.k? 8th May 2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

The look on the two girls face at 2:00 summarize the entire performance

Andrenekoi 9th May 2020 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidekirby (Post 3319133)
I didn't know about her (not really into jpop besides ayu of course). This video is really painful to watch. Must be terrible for her if she used to be an amazing singer : /

Ayu covered her band (Rebecca) a few times during her idols days. I would say she is a big influence.

DavidChaiLatte 11th May 2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3319098)

One thing that she has in common with Ayu, unfortunately :(

SunshineSlayer 12th May 2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte (Post 3319336)
One thing that she has in common with Ayu, unfortunately :(

Yeah, I mean, Ayu isn't quite there yet but she really does need to rest her voice more.

Compare to a TV performance from 1988 - tenish years prior to the Love Destiny tv performance; it's a completely different voice.

https://youtu.be/CVAu7EkbXco

DavidChaiLatte 12th May 2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3319406)
Yeah, I mean, Ayu isn't quite there yet but she really does need to rest her voice more.

Compare to a TV performance from 1988 - tenish years prior to the Love Destiny tv performance; it's a completely different voice.

https://youtu.be/CVAu7EkbXco

I don't know man... A^3 (tv version esp) was a pretty obvious indication that Ayu's voice is worn beyond repair at this point, if not worse than Nokko. Even though she's recovered a bit since then as shown in CDL 19-20, her voice now is definitely unrecognizable to anyone who's heard her songs from even 10 years ago.