Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   [contest] The 2011 AHS Ayumi Hamasaki Film Festival (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111446)

AHS Staff 3rd October 2011 01:58 AM

[contest] The 2011 AHS Ayumi Hamasaki Film Festival

The 2011 AHS Ayumi Hamasaki Film Festival

Carefully read the entire announcement before entering.

Description
  1. The objective of this challenge is to create a video featuring Ayumi Hamasaki. You can do anything you want as long as the video features Ayu or an Ayumi Hamasaki song in some way. Be creative, original, and have fun!

Submissions
  1. The size limit for the video file is no more than 100 MB.
  2. The video file must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
  3. Any of the main video formats is acceptable.
  4. All entries must conform to the AHS forum rules. Entries containing offensive content will not be accepted.
  5. Previously released videos are not eligible.
  6. To enter upload your video file to YSI or another hosting site and PM (private message) the links to AHS Staff. Do not send your entry to any other staff email or PM address. If you do not know how to use free hosting sites please ask for help.
  7. Entries must be as anonymous as possible. DO NOT include yourself, your name, or anything else that would identify the entry as yours.
  8. DO NOT post your entry on any sites or forums until after the contest is over.
  9. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM EST 03 December 2011.

Judging
  1. The entries will be judged by the AHS initiates in a poll.
  2. Each AHS member is allowed to place one vote only.
  3. The voting will begin on or about 03 December 2011.

Prize
  1. The winner will receive their choice of any Ayumi Hamasaki CD in stock at Yesasia.

Disclaimers and Rules
  1. Only one submission per person will be accepted.
  2. DO NOT use artwork created/edited by someone else to make your entry. This means that the source materials must be only official TV spots, PV, films, songs, etc. You can't just modify another person's fan art or videos.
  3. The voting should be based on the merits of the entry only, and not on the person who made it. Entrants should NOT identify their work until after the voting thread is closed. If you try to influence another person's vote by disclosing the identity of any entry you will be ineligible to vote in this contest and if the rulebreaker is a participant their entry will be disqualified. This means that you cannot tell your friends which entry is yours. This also means that you cannot post anything that would give away the creator of an entry.
  4. The winner will have to provide us with a valid shipping address when it is time to send the prize.
  5. The prize shall not be exchangeable for money/cash.
  6. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM EST 03 December 2011.
  7. We regret that any late entries will not be accepted.
  8. DO NOT CHEAT. The AHS staff will nullify any vote or entry that we consider suspicious for any reason.
  9. AHS staff may enter but they are not eligible to win the prize.
  10. AHS's decision shall be final and appeals shall not be entertained.

AyuGAME 3rd October 2011 02:10 AM

interesting...
hope i can participate

Gustavopc 3rd October 2011 02:18 AM

This sounds interesting! I'll just wait till I get through my college exams to start making something (I've already got an idea!)

JackieRos 3rd October 2011 03:33 AM

omg I can't wait to seeeee this.

Hopefully more people join this contest.

LONJJONG 3rd October 2011 12:56 PM

Wow another contest!
Hope I could join it <3
Can you give an example for the video?

isthisLOL? 3rd October 2011 12:57 PM

Oh great, I was just planning a new Ayu video :)

MissElin_ 3rd October 2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONJJONG (Post 2764381)
Wow another contest!
Hope I could join it <3

If you want an example I think this contest is something like I did for Key (you'll find it in my signature).

You can do pretty much anything with this! ^_^ As long as your imagination will take you!

AHS Staff 4th October 2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONJJONG (Post 2764381)

For example, you can make a PV, a CM, a movie trailer, an interview, a short fiction, an animation, or a short documentary. Any kind of video clip is okay as long as it involves Ayumi Hamasaki in some way and meets the other requirements listed in the first post.

kinix 4th October 2011 08:17 AM

5mins duration might b a bit of difficulty as most ayu's hit songs overshot 5mins. Maybe a 6mins duration would be better ^^"

AyuGAME 4th October 2011 12:18 PM

^thinking about it..you are right...
the duration need to be a little longer maybe around 6-7 minutes

isthisLOL? 4th October 2011 09:54 PM

Yeah the song I wanted to work with is longer :(

AHS Staff 4th October 2011 11:46 PM

Part of the challenge of this contest is editing and mixing your material to fit the time limit.

Aderianu 5th October 2011 10:10 AM

m... I have an idea.. not sure if I'll be able to do it %)

LONJJONG 5th October 2011 12:05 PM

Thanks for your answers MissElin & AHS Staff!
Sure I'll put some ideas on it!

millie47 5th October 2011 03:36 PM

I wish I could do these kind of stuff.... :scry the prize is pretty awesome...

isthisLOL? 5th October 2011 09:34 PM

So that pretty much means...we can't do music videos unless we take a short song or somehow remix it...ok, I'm out...I'm not gonna bastardize an Ayu song. My concept is a few seconds too long -.-
We ARE allowed to create our video from original video footage though, right? Cause then I could just cut off the last seconds of the song and let people use their imagination for the last part lol

MissElin_ 6th October 2011 09:12 AM

^Like Tim Gunn says it: "Make it work!"
^_^

isthisLOL? 6th October 2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissElin_ (Post 2765365)
^Like Tim Gunn says it: "Make it work!"
^_^

Sometimes "making it work" means making it worse at the same time :/ Well...I'll have to deal with that. I chose a song that got some parts you could take away I think :)

kinix 9th October 2011 04:16 PM

will english songs be allowed for this contest? or will the download forum rules applies to this contest too?

Eewyi 9th October 2011 05:23 PM

Can it be something like this I have made before? :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDQ6-2VkcvU
I mean, AMV which features ayu song? ^^