Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2022-2023 A 〜Remember you〜 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125597)

truehappiness 4th January 2023 10:27 PM

I think she can't really hear herself in those cases so she goes with it anyway. I'd guess it's because it would sound worse if she tried to course correct midnote. Might be something her vocal trainer or years of doing this has ingrained in her if vocals ever veer off.

AndyF 5th January 2023 01:29 AM

Watching the concert on yt and she sounds ok/good most part of the time. The rock session is really stunning, she was on FIRE.

andycruize 5th January 2023 11:49 AM

I watch too, she sound great.

ayu_fantasy 5th January 2023 01:32 PM

Yup agreed she sounded good. No more cutesy voice. Glad she’s trying to move away from that

Kuronekomi 5th January 2023 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyF (Post 3356114)
Watching the concert on yt and she sounds ok/good most part of the time. The rock session is really stunning, she was on FIRE.

me too!
the voice was was better than I expected, the setlist have most of my favorite songs and Ayu is stunning

thinkingoutloud89 6th January 2023 09:15 AM

skipped thourgh the CDL on youtube and its not even half bad. I guess Ballads are harder for her now, but the rest was pretty neat.

Irish_Ayu_Fan 6th January 2023 09:37 AM

Watching on YouTube there’s a few songs I’m nearly certain were not sung live, especially decision - did anyone else think this or just me?

AyuCanada 6th January 2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan (Post 3356155)
Watching on YouTube there’s a few songs I’m nearly certain were not sung live, especially decision - did anyone else think this or just me?

I thought maybe M or Moments, but decision is quite off key at the end so I wasn't including this one but honestly I don't care, I think pre-recording the part she can't hit is wise as long as it isn't 100% play back or sound like the CD. If the songs are lipsynced she is quite the master because she sold it as live. it is possible that all songs have pre-recorded parts and live parts and... they are really hard to pin point.

The show was amazing, it reminded me Rock'n'Roll circus (which is one of her best). It is probably her best show since Made in Japan. All that is missing is the band.

Yoshiaki 6th January 2023 04:57 PM

I think i am the only probably still thinking ayu dont lip synced here.
Cause I really dont see the point of her needing to do that.
She doesnt sings well alrdy, off pitched.. why bother doing lip sync and giving ppl opportunity to say her...

Anyway.. it may not be that way, but feel unnecessary..

I find she rocks those rock songs in the concert in general.
Somehow, for those ballad songs, its just weird... It giving me the "out of breath" feel, and seems "rush"... For example, "November".
And i agreed she shouldnt be shouting for "key".

Andrenekoi 6th January 2023 06:21 PM

I'm pretty positive Because of You was lip-synced. The other songs, not as much. I do believe she tends to sing better when there's a backtrack for her to use as a guide, though, considering how things went downhill during the ballads.

truehappiness 6th January 2023 09:41 PM

She was laying down for a lot of Because of You and is this LOVE? sounded very very different compared to BoY. I think that she sang some of Because of You but a lot of it was assisted heavily.

I think the shouting is part of a side effect of being half (or more) deaf along with trying to compensate for new vocal technique in songs that she was normally very nasal for during the high notes. It's not that bad though, there's just some songs she really can't do anymore unless she alters the key or how it's performed.

When it comes to using heavy backing tracks, I think it's more to save the artist's vocals for whatever is to come. I see Celine fans talk about this too because she performs so much and some of the grander parts of songs she has a track she always lips to and then sings other parts of the song seamlessly. It is better to think of it as a break for the artist than being done for other reasons whatever they are thought to be.

chu-lips 7th January 2023 04:24 PM

Any translation lyrics for not remember you.... please...

Andrenekoi 7th January 2023 06:45 PM

@truehappiness
Yeah, not judging or anything. I follow several artists that lip-sync way more without any health issue.

@chu-lips
(Not) remember you translation: https://lyricskpop.net/lyrics/ayumi-...h-translation/

koumori 7th January 2023 07:17 PM

There is also this translation, originally posted in the AHS Discord. Full credit goes to remove-mom.

Surreal17 8th January 2023 06:42 PM

Wow, these lyrics feel so different coming from ayu, but I like them!

natalaxie 16th January 2023 01:53 PM

I love this translation! It's interesting the lyrics turn from criticism to self-criticism :S

URANUS 16th January 2023 02:46 PM

Those lyrics are definitely directed to those dancers that she fired due to the real estate scam. Wow

brener 16th January 2023 03:34 PM

Gotta watch it asap!

SKYia 21st January 2023 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by URANUS (Post 3356378)
Those lyrics are definitely directed to those dancers that she fired due to the real estate scam. Wow

real estate scam? do we have any thread explaining what happened? It's the first time I hear about a scam

visionfactory 22nd January 2023 06:39 AM

Thanks for the translations! This sounds like almost another songwriter from the ayu we are used to, nice for a change ^_^