Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Thoughts on PCDL '08-'09 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84469)

Chibi_Venus 30th December 2008 09:39 PM

Thoughts on PCDL '08-'09

Well, there is a thread made by truehappiness in the News section. Even though not much is out, what do you think of everything so far?

All I can give for now is my opinion on the track list. :)

Spoiler:
Mirrorcle World (interlude edit) -- Seems like an ominous way to open up the concert. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like!
GREEN -- A wonderful song to open the concert with! It has that perfect sound and being that she hasn't performed it before, it's very... I don't know, the anticipation is great!
Will -- Oh, my gosh. I am super excited to see this in here! It's a beautiful song and a great way to connect with the oriental sound of "GREEN." I can't wait to hear it! It fits perfectly in her range, so I expect outstanding vocals!

vogue -- How cute! The last time this was performed was in 2003, and it fits perfectly with "GREEN" and "Will" being performed right before it.
HONEY -- Looks like she's going with a cute theme, no? I'm excited to hear this. She did a fabulous job with it in 2005, so I expect it will be very entertaining!

ANGEL'S SONG -- I'm neither excited nor disappointed about this song. I mean, she doesn't perform it much, but it was performed recently. I don't know, this isn't my favorite song of all time. However, I do love it enough!
End of the World -- Oh. I am really excited to hear this song! It hasn't been performed since 2000 and I expect she did a great job with this!
Heartplace -- One of my favorite songs of all time! I bet she put everything into this. And it's been a while, too!
Real me -- I never go crazy when I see this song in a setlist, but she always does a fabulous job with it! And to hear that all of the original choreography is used makes me happy.
And Then ~ Naturally -- Two of my favorite songs! "And Then" hasn't been performed since 2000 and I thought she did a great job then. I bet she did wonderfully now! And "Naturally" is such a wonderful song. I don't know, these two songs have a great sound that mesh perfectly together! I can't wait to hear it!
In The Corner -- I'm actually excited to hear this. Like "Will," it's perfectly in her range and it hasn't ever been performed before.

POWDER SNOW -- When was the last time we saw Ayu touch this song? I can't wait to hear her emoiton for this.
HOPE or PAIN -- Not a bad song, actually, but I'm surprised to see it in the tracklist. :)
Over -- This is going to be AMAZING! I just know it! "Over" is such a beautiful song...
SCAR -- Never been performed, right? I bet she did amazing with this song.

SIGNAL ~ Hana ~ too late -- This is exciting! An old song medley, kind of like at Stadium Tour 2002. I bet it's cute and fun.
UNITE! -- Perfect! It's a classic.
SURREAL ~ evolution ~ SURREAL -- I'm quite fond of this medley. I'm excited to see it again!
Who... (rock arrangement) -- This is really interesting! I'm anticipating to hear this.
Trauma -- Great classic song!
independent -- Another classic song.
everywhere nowhere -- This is really exciting! I LOVE this song! I can't wait to hear her vocals for it.
Mirrorcle World -- I'm beginning to like seeing this as the closing song for her concerts. ;)

Days -- Perfect! A new song to start off with the encore, and it's a beautiful ballad at that.
For My Dear... -- Ooh, this'll be good. I'm surprised it's actually not a rerecorded song, but I think the performance for CDL is good enough.
+ -- Yes! I'm glad she picked this song up again!
flower garden -- I love it when she performs this song! I bet the energy was very high!
Boys & Girls -- Just when you thought it couldn't get any better. :D
MY ALL -- A wonderful closing song, even better than "Who..." in my opinion.

dreamland2.0 30th December 2008 09:50 PM

I think I agree with you on everything!
The opening set is amazing and then with End of the World, Heartplace, Real me, And Then - Naturally, in the corner! All amazing! And I'm so excited to here Who rock version! And all her cute dancing songs! I can't wait to sit in front of my computer and do the dances! haha
I'm so excited!
I hope her costumes are good!!

kirei_ayumi 30th December 2008 10:05 PM

I think that this is gonna be one of the best CDLs from ayu.
I get happy when I think about her singing about Will, Naturally, and Over =]
can't wait to see the costumes!

mikecavs11 30th December 2008 10:32 PM

It was her best concert ever in my opinion, GREEN was an amazing way to open up, especially the dragon dances, and Maro taking centre stage.

When it Will started to play, it did not disappoint and i recalled someone on AHS saying that they hoped Will would be sung :)

Then came the rock songs and they were soooooooooo......whats the word...stunning and i was just speechless, half the time though i was trying the remember the title of the songs

Then came the slow songs, i thought that she was gonna sing Days here, cuz Shuya and her costume were almost like in the video....or something that fits winter. My favourite songs here were Hope and Pain, and Over. I was waiting for Days here, cuz she was taking forever to get accross the stage, haha Then when SCAR was over the quickly walked off the stage and Kaeru was doing her sheet hanging dance thing

After that the songs the gets the crowd going were sung, Unite! really got the crowd going, everyone was doing the fist the the air.

Then came the 10th anniversary video followed by Who...

When Who... was sung next, I wasnt expecting her to sing this, and for a second, I thought to myself. What? the concerts already over??!! I thought this was one of the best performances of Who..., I was singing along to it the entire time, it was really amazing...made me speechless

Trauma was really fun, its my first live ayu concert so i wanted this song to be performed and see the crowd dance to it. and everyone did, and it she forgot her lyrics haha. actually twice. First time she just went like la la la la la and laughed it off and walked across the stage and the part came again and i think she just didnt bother singing it and just went like la la la la la la again and said sorry hahaha it was cool though

Independent was a classic performance, with the dancing and ball throwing. I was so close the catching one that Ryoji threw, it landed two seats beside me. ayu was throwing with her left hand, i guess due to her injury

Everywhere nowhere was sung, but i cant really remember it lol sorry

Mirrorcle world was a great performance, the was the end of the first half, before the encore, so the violin players, dragon dancers, and choir all came out onto the stage and danced. the performance was like the one in a-nation 08

Then came the encore, Days was performed and i was really looking forward to this, it was just a nice performance and For my dear... was great too, i really liked her vocals and when she did the vibrato thing

Then Zin came and taught the MY ALL dance and that was the only talking part of the encore, none of the band members talked except for the keyboarder cuz him and Zin couldnt get the timing right to the song when Zin was teaching

+ was the same as last years, really fun

flower garden - im not a big fan of this song, but it was still fun to see ayu....i think she was rhyming in the middle of it...

Boys and Girls was a great performance, a classic one, ayu sings/yells at the fans, the fans sings/yells back

then MY ALL started playing, and i was like aww its over....? this was an awesome performance. Everyone was dancing to it

Ayu didnt cry once, except a bit during Days, she seemed really happy

She gave a wonderful show, and i really want to go to her concert again.

I was sitting on the side, in the 5th row, so i was pretty close and could see pretty clearly

Melrose 30th December 2008 10:48 PM

Maybe if I go over each song seperately I'll like it more. Let's see.~

0. Mirrorcle World (interlude edit) interlude..ok
1.GREEN LOVE
2.Will HATE

3.vogue (side stage) ok, as long as she has cool costume
4.HONEY LOVE

5.ANGEL'S SONG LOVE
6.End of the World HATE
7.Heartplace LOVE
8.Real me LOVE
9.And Then ~ Naturally ok, I guess
10.In The Corner HATE

11.POWDER SNOW (rear stage) HATE
12.HOPE or PAIN LOVE
13.Over HATE
14.SCAR LOVE

15.SIGNAL ~ Hana ~ too late ok
16.UNITE! ok
17.SURREAL~evolution~SURREAL again this format? it's OK.. seperate they'd be LOVE

18.Who.. (rock arrangement) LOVE
19.Trauma HATE
20.independent HATE
21.everywhere nowhere HATE
22.Mirrorcle World LOVE

ENCORE
23.Days LOVE
24.For My Dear... HATE
25.+ HATE
26.flower garden HATE
27.Boys&Girls HATE
28.MY ALL LOVE

Hate: 11
Love: 11

I guess it's an OK set list.

I just hope that not all the songs are just her with the band members. I hope she's come up with interesting backgrounds and videos like Kumi and Hikki. Or else it'll be really boring.

@mike: Ayu didn't cry? Truehippo said that at mixi's or w/e they said (lol) Ayu cried a LOT. :S

elepop 30th December 2008 11:00 PM

There's a lot of songs that Ayu usually doesn't sing so I'm excited about this. Most are songs that I really like also. I can't wait to hear more about the "Who..." rock version.

mikecavs11 30th December 2008 11:10 PM

i didnt think she cried a lot, only after Days or For my dear... cant remember

i didnt expect her to cry in this concert, only the 2nd one cuz its new years and all and its gonna be more emotional then this one

Bad Wolf 30th December 2008 11:18 PM

I'm really excited to see this--though I obviously didn't attend the dates, I'm definitely going to buy the DVD when it is released. I've made a playlist with the songs just to get a feel of how they flow, and I have to say it really does sound amazing. The transition from powerful songs into upbeat or "dance" kinda songs is really interesting, and it must have been AMAZING to see it live.

I know that a few people thought she should have re-recorded her ASFXX songs during her 10th anniversary year, and I guess this as close to a re-recording as we're going to get, even if she only did a handful of songs from that album--still, that's more love than the songs have had in a long time! Some of them never even performed~ Seeing POWDER SNOW is like a dream come true for me. I can't WAIT to hear it.

I love that she opened with GREEN, too! People have said that that song has been kind of put to the side, what with Days and all, so it's great that she started off the set with that song. I remember how excited I was when I first heard the clip in the background of the CM.

Ahh, I love that she pulled out some of her really powerful, older songs. SCAR, End of the World, Over, For my Dear... It's so great to see them on this list! And I'm REALLY interested to hear this rock version of Who...

Ayu really spoiled us fans this year :3

Kazeyomi 30th December 2008 11:38 PM

I'm not a really fan of her lives.
Well, they're beautiful and she's awesome *_* (she's Ayu!) but It's sad see they only through DVD >_< I want to enjoy the performance for real :yes but Japan is soo far ;__; I'm envy of AHS'users that they has been in CDL!

btw I :heart THIS CDL.

The setlist is pure love :heart and I'll buy the DVD è_é9

AyuGAME 31st December 2008 12:14 AM

mikecavs11 - you watch PCDL live? wow...that's cool

Kikaru 31st December 2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

I just hope that not all the songs are just her with the band members. I hope she's come up with interesting backgrounds and videos like Kumi and Hikki. Or else it'll be really boring.
OT, but I think one of the reasons Ayu doesn't really do that during the songs is because her performances are elaborate and theatrical enough as it is, add a background music video and it would actually distract the audience. Especially for the Arena Tours.

As with CDLs? It's 2 days live. Making a background music video means more investment in terms of money and the tours are not really long enough to really put in that budget.

Melrose 31st December 2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecavs11 (Post 1764153)
i didnt think she cried a lot, only after Days or For my dear... cant remember

i didnt expect her to cry in this concert, only the 2nd one cuz its new years and all and its gonna be more emotional then this one

Hmm, okay, thanks. ^^ I think she will also cry more than on the 2nd day as it's recorded for DVD, too.

@Kikaru: Well, standing with a band isn't theatrical. I mean those perfs, of course. ^^ Not things like (d)Lma or Marionette or Mirrorcle World from Asia Tour 2008. But more like.. No way to say, Heartplace, etc. It'd be pretty cool to have a fire video at the background of Heartplace, or w/e.

I see your point on the 2-days. Though I don't think making a video would be that expensive. Basically any art student can do something relatively good, as it doesn't need to feature actual people. It could be abstract like Hikki's. ^^

The advantage of 2 days is though that you can hire more stuff for the concert, like an orchestra and more dancers. :3 She should do that~~ Like with the dragon dancers.

truehappiness 31st December 2008 12:47 AM

Quote:

Yeah, for a concert that lasts two days.. NO. It just logically doesn't make any sense.

I really don't think you get what CDL is about. And stop referring to me!

emi♡ 31st December 2008 01:04 AM

I usually don't care for her CDLs so, this one should be very good :)

I just wanted Ayu to sing songs she doesn't usually sing.

"Surreal~evolution~Surreal" I really hate that. Surreal deserves it's own time and it's own theatrics...evo...needs to resign from it's post and rest already.

Kikaru 31st December 2008 01:04 AM

@Melrose: I get what you mean. But I guess we have to agree to disagree about this then. I find the backgrounds really distracting, so I don't really mind her not having it. I'm actually glad she doesn't have it.

And Hikki's use for it was in a tour, so it's a lot longer. And making those backgrounds take a lot longer than you might think. Especially on the artist's part.

And for me, CDL was always more of a concert where she celebrates New Years with her fans. Yeah sure, the costumes get elaborate, but at heart it's not really a tour.

prussian blue 31st December 2008 01:10 AM

the setlist was awesome! this will be the best CDL ever! HOPE or Pain is the most exciting song for me! because it's one of ayu's song which attract me to her music world

terra 31st December 2008 01:43 AM

Whew I'm really surprised and excited for the setlist she performed!!! :luv2:love
I'm totally LOVE it!!!

Though I wish she could perform It was, but nah it's OK with those super neglected songs being performed live!

Yay for Ayu's effort this year!!!!!! :yes:yes:yes:yes:yes:D

AyUta 31st December 2008 02:23 AM

It's going to be amazing, that's all I can say :heart

freedreamer 31st December 2008 03:14 AM

im so sad because I was really hyped about seeing the tracklist and when I saw it...I didnt feel a thing!

dont get me wrong, i think its probably because I havent been listening to LOVEppears and A SONG FOR XX and some of the songs are really unfamiliar to me...

But its definitely an Epic setlist

GREEN-Will-vogue is gona be such a great opening! Very Oriental.

I dun like SURREAL~evo~SURREAL again...too many this year hahaha

Who... ROCK seems very cool since its gonna prelude to Trauma..

And im very happy with Will, everywhere nowhere, Naturally, SCAR, HOPE or PAIN, In The Corner..

she could have done teddy bear, WE WISH!!!!!!, momentum, HEAVEN (Ayu should just PERFORM that)

SURREAL__RAINBOW 31st December 2008 03:38 AM

this concert seems epic!

I really can't wait to watch it xDDDD I love the tracklist (even that I missed HANABI epII, WHATEVER, monochrome), ayu seemed happy too!!