Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ayu is now on Spotify (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123351)

OogoeDiamond 23rd December 2016 10:57 PM

Ayu is now on Spotify

Seems like work in progress
Some albums and single are there but it all seems like a total mess
https://play.spotify.com/artist/3Mvc8kRgr8LRYYgvFmlZqn

ExodusUK 24th December 2016 12:12 AM

Uh oh this is driving the sleeping pedantic Ayufag in me wild.

Party_King 24th December 2016 12:34 AM

Great! Thanks for the Info ^^

xLuna&1LOVE 24th December 2016 12:49 AM

O my god yeeeeees!!! Finally!!! This makes me really happy.

hud 24th December 2016 01:01 AM

I'm DYING. this was my wish the ENTIRE year!

merry christmas yall!

edit: lots of her albums are missing from there, but I found them blocked for playing. perhaps they will unlock for us in the future? there's playlists with her music from Spotify Japan from october.

Refix 24th December 2016 01:21 AM

I hope this can make her fanbase grew larger, especially US and Europe... although kinda hard to see that.
Anyhoe, I'm happy for this.

CatGirl 24th December 2016 01:50 AM

Oh my God, about time!!! This is so exciting, thank you!!!

nanomi 24th December 2016 03:14 AM

I'm so so excited! Finally!

Ruan Borges 24th December 2016 03:14 AM

OMG I'Ve BEEN DREAMING BOUT THIS FOR A LONG TIME.

http://i.imgur.com/3PEXpuF.gif

AyuWorld 24th December 2016 03:51 AM

yessssssssss! a good reason for me to log in my spotify again hahah, always dreaming bout this

revolution9292 24th December 2016 09:28 AM

she is also on apple music. However, We are the Queens and A best 15th anniversary are not there.

primavera♥ 25th December 2016 07:13 PM

I found a lot more albums from visual-kei bands before on Spotify that weren't there when I first got a subscription and I just never checked again. But when I stumbled upon them I was so excited to easily relive stuff I really loved.

I would love to see more ayu music on spotify.

desideratum 26th December 2016 02:42 AM

I'm glad they're making some of her back catalog available. The remixes are extra surprising.

Hopefully they plan on having new releases available on the release date in the future.

pedronekoi 26th December 2016 03:48 AM

WOW!!! I thought this time would never come! <3 so happy! Apple Music is shit! Love Spotify.

There's even some singles with full tracjlist :O I'm impressed!

rikku1994 27th December 2016 12:05 AM

It seems like a lot of J-pop artists are being made available which I swear some aren't even there a couple of weeks ago. Mika Nakashima & Koda Kumi are also there... Tho not exactly the complete discography yet.

Kinda weird that Made in Japan album only has Flower and Mad World lol

willytbk 27th December 2016 03:47 PM

OMG...so happy. finally !

hud 27th December 2016 05:20 PM

they just added A Song for xx, LOVEppears, Duty, I am... a bunch of singles and some ayu-mi-x albums. seems like we're getting there! full discography should be up soon I guess.

indigochild 27th December 2016 05:26 PM

This makes me so incredibly happy!! Now if they can hurry up and add (miss)understood and Secret aka my two favourite albums of hers, I will be satisfied <3

hud 27th December 2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indigochild (Post 3226486)
This makes me so incredibly happy!! Now if they can hurry up and add (miss)understood and Secret aka my two favourite albums of hers, I will be satisfied <3

I found Secret but it's blocked outside of Japan... I was able to save it but I can't play album tracks yet. (m)u is really missing lol

chestergringo 27th December 2016 11:43 PM

Finally!

oaristos 28th December 2016 01:26 AM

Finally! That's really good news.

Norrel 28th December 2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowo (Post 3226488)
I found Secret but it's blocked outside of Japan... I was able to save it but I can't play album tracks yet. (m)u is really missing lol

Weird. Apple Music has Secret and (M)U.

hud 28th December 2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norrel (Post 3226538)
Weird. Apple Music has Secret and (M)U.

Spotify is always lazy and slow for these things. they unlocked RAINBOW today but some album tracks are still blocked. I guess they already have her whole discography up there but some things are Japan-only yet. I hope, lol

OogoeDiamond 29th December 2016 02:09 AM

A BALLADS, sixxxx and more remix albums added

EndOfTheWorld 29th December 2016 03:57 AM

It seems that whenever a music service/store adds asian music, it is always a mess. Missing albums/songs, incorrect information, no pictures etc.

Ruan Borges 29th December 2016 03:10 PM

It's not that easy to add a discography so big like Ayu's all at once tho

pedronekoi 29th December 2016 03:58 PM

I really think it's avex problem and not Spotify?!

rikku1994 29th December 2016 06:53 PM

So like some of the songs are blocked? Weird. Here in the Philippines, all singles and songs up until Rainbow are all playable. My Story to LOVE again are still not there (though some singles from that period are already available). MADE IN JAPAN still only has Flower and Mad World.

LEOyumi 29th December 2016 08:40 PM

I hope that, with time, all her discography will be put there correctly, but I'm already happy with what we've got. This is like a dream come true! Now I can listen to her music through an official source!
Spotify is so practical that I don't even use another music player anymore. ayu is the only artist I have the albums on my computer... Guess that won't be needed soon! :D

sakamoko 30th December 2016 10:50 PM

MADE IN JAPAN is only full available in AWA, since the agreement between Avex and AWA for that release.
If I remember correctly the entire discography as some rare songs from Ayu is available in AWA -the free trial was only 30 days so I deleted it-, but you can find almost 99% in Spotify Japan -the free trial is only 15 hours/month so I came back to my EU account...-

AWA made the agreement with Avex, I think is better than Spotify to find Avex music. But Spotify Japan has a very good catalog of Avex.

rikku1994 1st January 2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakamoko (Post 3227182)
MADE IN JAPAN is only full available in AWA, since the agreement between Avex and AWA for that release.
If I remember correctly the entire discography as some rare songs from Ayu is available in AWA -the free trial was only 30 days so I deleted it-, but you can find almost 99% in Spotify Japan -the free trial is only 15 hours/month so I came back to my EU account...-

AWA made the agreement with Avex, I think is better than Spotify to find Avex music. But Spotify Japan has a very good catalog of Avex.

Oh I didn't know that! So like, how much is Spotify Premium in Japan? Kinda curious~ (cause Spotify here is like less than $3 a month)

sakamoko 1st January 2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rikku1994 (Post 3227450)
Oh I didn't know that! So like, how much is Spotify Premium in Japan? Kinda curious~ (cause Spotify here is like less than $3 a month)

980¥ per month and you can't up the account to 6 members like Spotify EU or US.

The same as AWA Premium If I remember correctly, but AWA has a bigger japanese catalog in my opinion.

I don't know so much about LINE Music, but in the past the entire Avex catalog was there.

MissElin_ 2nd January 2017 09:04 PM

Omg YES!

I'm so behind but... BEST NEWS!

Spotify have alot of work on their hands to upload Ayu's disco. I wonder though how the contract with Avex looks like. Since MIJ won't be fully uploaded. Maybe other albums and tracks will be lost in Spotify as well.

Ayufan11 3rd January 2017 01:46 AM

literally died of excitement

AyuConcertinLosAngelesPlease 5th January 2017 03:35 AM

Been waiting for this for a long time!

rossbarney2003 7th January 2017 11:34 AM

There's a few problems with the tracks on the non stop remix albums. They've used the non mixed through track rather than the non stop mixed through track. I have reported the issue to Spotify. It will help if more people do the same.

Fly High on Ayu Trance 2 is the non mixed version.
Fly High on Ayu-mi-x II (Non stop mega mix) is the non mixed version too.

That's what I've found so far.

xLuna&1LOVE 7th January 2017 11:46 AM

^ And the GREEN remix on the Rule/Sparkle single is Sparkle xD

_dandy_ 7th January 2017 04:53 PM

So...I'm old-school. Someone educate me: Given that I have Ayu's complete discography on my computer, and on MicroSD cards on my phone and tablets...what advantage do I gain from creating a Spotify account?

Storage space is not a problem. Typically, bandwidth is however. I've yet to find a compelling argument for streaming services such as Spotify. I don't care about "discovering other artists" and such BS.

(That said, I'm all in favor of having Ayu on Spotify, obviously - the more exposure she gets, the better...I'm only asking what Spotify can do for me)

rainbow_smile 7th January 2017 11:56 PM

^ I personally only use Spotify if I'm too lazy to download the songs I want to listen to lol

xLuna&1LOVE 8th January 2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dandy_ (Post 3228185)
So...I'm old-school. Someone educate me: Given that I have Ayu's complete discography on my computer, and on MicroSD cards on my phone and tablets...what advantage do I gain from creating a Spotify account?

Storage space is not a problem. Typically, bandwidth is however. I've yet to find a compelling argument for streaming services such as Spotify. I don't care about "discovering other artists" and such BS.

(That said, I'm all in favor of having Ayu on Spotify, obviously - the more exposure she gets, the better...I'm only asking what Spotify can do for me)

If it is not needed, then it is not needed. My computer/phone does not have lots of storage, so having Spotify is great to me. I use the 'old school' playlist I made on Spotify for work etc., so it is like a portable version of my music library. I am also a little bit against downloading, since it did lots of damage to my previous computer, so to me it is a great thing. Plus, it is free streaming. You can pay for it, so you can use it offline and skip the commercials, but it is not necessairy.

EndOfTheWorld 8th January 2017 02:32 AM

Quote:

I don't know why people like spotify so much. The audio quality alone is reason enough to avoid it. It only streams in 96kbps to 160kbps. Unless you pay for premium and get 320kbps. So if you care about sound quality, it's not worth it.
It's only good for people who are too lazy to download music or don't want to pay for music.
I will forever advocate buying physical music.:thumbsup

Ayu-me 8th January 2017 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3228208)
I don't know why people like spotify so much. The audio quality alone is reason enough to avoid it. It only streams in 96kbps to 160kbps. Unless you pay for premium and get 320kbps. So if you care about sound quality, it's not worth it.
It's only good for people who are too lazy to download music or don't want to pay for music.

Shareable playlists with every single song you want from whichever artists you want (provided it is in the catalog), listening on mobile devices without having to transfer music, the ability to download playlists for offline-listening, ability to create a radio playlist based on a song or artist, following artists to get notified when new things get added to their catalog, using Spotify on phone to change song playing on computer, supporting the song creators with every listen, and so on (many of these are Premium perks).
While I would certainly want there to be an option for even higher quality, I am very happy with my Premium subscription, especially now that I can put a bunch of Ayu-songs in any playlist I like. It's easy to use and it's an easy way to carry your music with you across devices without the hassle of files or CDs. Additionally, it's a great way to find new music similar to what you like (as Spotify can give you recommendations for that in several different and very unobtrusive ways) as well as keeping up with more recent hits or revisiting old classics.
Supporting Ayu through physical media or paid downloads is naturally preferable (I've done both of those), but Spotify does give an avenue for people to do it in addition to that, or as a cheaper or even free way to do it. :thumbsup

This post is not sponsored by or in any way commercially affiliated with Spotify, just felt I had to say it because I was singing its praises so much

Irish_Ayu_Fan 8th January 2017 06:29 AM

If you guys don't want to wait until Spotify updates with all her discography, Apple Music have all her releases bar "We Are The Queens" for some reason, even full Made In Japan album. Also Today, Flower & Evolution performances from MiJ tour are on her Apple Music page :)

Louass 8th January 2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayu-me (Post 3228219)
Shareable playlists with every single song you want from whichever artists you want (provided it is in the catalog), listening on mobile devices without having to transfer music, the ability to download playlists for offline-listening, ability to create a radio playlist based on a song or artist, following artists to get notified when new things get added to their catalog, using Spotify on phone to change song playing on computer, supporting the song creators with every listen, and so on (many of these are Premium perks).
While I would certainly want there to be an option for even higher quality, I am very happy with my Premium subscription, especially now that I can put a bunch of Ayu-songs in any playlist I like. It's easy to use and it's an easy way to carry your music with you across devices without the hassle of files or CDs. Additionally, it's a great way to find new music similar to what you like (as Spotify can give you recommendations for that in several different and very unobtrusive ways) as well as keeping up with more recent hits or revisiting old classics.
Supporting Ayu through physical media or paid downloads is naturally preferable (I've done both of those), but Spotify does give an avenue for people to do it in addition to that, or as a cheaper or even free way to do it. :thumbsup

This post is not sponsored by or in any way commercially affiliated with Spotify, just felt I had to say it because I was singing its praises so much

I feel like they should hire you, you would do GREAT promoting Spotify :laugh I've never used the app and I kinda wanna use it after reading your post, haha Especially since it also has Ayu music now

rossbarney2003 8th January 2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 3228166)
^ And the GREEN remix on the Rule/Sparkle single is Sparkle xD

Report it! I'll report it too. I'm assuming the more people that report, the more likely they'll fix it lol.

hud 8th January 2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

I don't know why people like spotify so much. The audio quality alone is reason enough to avoid it. It only streams in 96kbps to 160kbps.

I hacked it so I have the extreme quality without paying lol

_dandy_ 8th January 2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayu-me (Post 3228219)

No, thanks, this is exactly the type of response I was looking for.

The conclusion I'm drawing from your post is that it's really targeting those who are into the social aspect of it (I'm not) or can't or don't want to manage their own files (which is something I prefer to do). And maybe technical limitations such as not having enough storage room on your own devices.

EndOfTheWorld 9th January 2017 12:40 AM

Youtube also has all if not most of Ayu's music uploaded that can be listened to for free and decent quality.:yes
Although, I think sometimes it blocks certain countries on certain tracks.

Marurosu 9th January 2017 11:08 AM

That's great! I was wondering when Kumi is going to join it...

CatGirl 10th January 2017 12:29 PM

I wonder why Spotify stopped uploading Ayu's albums. :( I was looking forward to adding some songs from RnRC to my playlist. Also, they uploaded such random albums too. Why two live albums and not studio albums?

Aderianu 10th January 2017 12:40 PM

Spotify doesn't work here. I wish one day ayu will appear at yandex.music

OogoeDiamond 10th January 2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatGirl (Post 3228374)
I wonder why Spotify stopped uploading Ayu's albums. :( I was looking forward to adding some songs from RnRC to my playlist. Also, they uploaded such random albums too. Why two live albums and not studio albums?

Few singles and rainbow got added since treat was made - maybe it just taking a song time :)

me0wie 11th January 2017 03:39 AM

Spotify pays Avex for the number of streams on each song. Also, noticed the messed-up discography, but a friend of mine works at Spotify, she tells me the record companies are the ones who insert the albums/playlists into Spotify themselves. So it's not Spotify's fault that the discography are in a mess..

Also, it only recently went up cos Spotify's Japan office just opened a few months back! Guess they're working hard trying to sign contracts with the record companies!

MissElin_ 11th January 2017 12:07 PM

For anyone who doubts in Spotify, just think that Spotify is like Netflix but have even more good functions. So you use Spotify for the same reasons you use Netflix.They have over 30 million songs in their library and 100 millions active users. That can't be negative.

What Spotify (and Netflix) does for the media industry is an amazing thing itself. The human being is lazy and the general usage of music/videos/movies have always been the easiest way. When downloading entered the world with Napster as the first big site and Napster got the first lawsuits from music/movie companies. This huge problem started with people being illegal rather than going down to the CD store.

Enters Spotify or Netflix. Now it's even easier to access to digital media without the hassle of downloading, downloading fanmade subtitles that might match wrong, listen/watch in your computer or transfer to USB sticks or mobile phones. Now everyone instead got access to music/movies directly to your device (and multiple devices as well). Just start the app. Nothing more.

And with this being easier than downloading (that is easier than going to the physical store) the general public is more than happy to pay for an subscription. Hooray for smart people working with the digital trends and giving the public what they want instead of trying to get everyone to buy physical.

With that being said, I love buying the physical CD's. I got all Ayu's albums (except for some remix), all singles, DVD's etc. I'm a collector and I love to support Ayu. But I love that I don't have to do all the work with taking in songs in my computer and then to other devices, seriously I wan't to spend my time on other things. I love both Spotify and Netflix for the same reasons. Only that Spotify really does have pretty much everything while Netflix lacks in their library. Spotify premium is worth every single penny, it's not even expensive, same as Netflix pretty much even though it's better.

And no I'm not either sponsored by Spotify or Netflix in any way.

CatGirl 11th January 2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OogoeDiamond (Post 3228387)
Few singles and rainbow got added since treat was made - maybe it just taking a song time :)

Yeah, I've already added RAINBOW and such - I was super stoked about that since it's my favorite album by her :)

I guess it's avex's fault, as usual, haha. Thank you for the info, me0wie!

hud 11th January 2017 08:49 PM

they just added NEXT LEVEL, (miss)understood, Secret, GUILTY, MY STORY, Memorial address and some singles today. nice!

also I just saw A COMPLETE (the tags are a mess btw) and ayu-mi-x 6 there. we're almost there omfg

OogoeDiamond 11th January 2017 09:43 PM

I wonder if they gonna fix Made in Japan

LEOyumi 12th January 2017 12:26 AM

I'm so happy we now have MY STORY and (miss)understood! I just need to have Love Songs in there and Made in Japan, so my favorite albums will all be avaliable!
Guys, just remember that Spotify is another way to support ayu! Nowadays it's really hard for me to buy the physical versions of her albums/singles, so at least I'm supporting her in a way. I know it's very little, but it's what I can do right now.

EndOfTheWorld 12th January 2017 12:54 AM

Spotify is good for those who just want to hear their favorite songs. Or have no other ways to get a hold of music.
But people who are passionate about music will want more than low quality streaming like Spotify.

OogoeDiamond 12th January 2017 02:23 AM

For me i just a nice way to have all music from my non japan artist + Ayu in one place. I hope they will add other avex artists

OogoeDiamond 12th January 2017 02:30 AM

AAA got added so its not only Ayu deal

Ayufan11 12th January 2017 04:03 AM

Quote:

no more external hd, microsd, etc.

hud 12th January 2017 02:39 PM

Love Songs, RnRC and ayu-mi-x 7 are there now!

Andrenekoi 12th January 2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OogoeDiamond (Post 3228466)
I wonder if they gonna fix Made in Japan

They released just two songs who got PVs, the promotional tracks. I think they won't upload full album now...

pedronekoi 12th January 2017 05:03 PM

I'm really glad that japanese artists are gettin uploaded on Spotify! It's a great streaming service! I hope Koda and Namie get their discographies uploaded too!

Pieces_of_SEVEN 12th January 2017 06:05 PM

I love that they keep putting stuff up! So awesome. :D

hud 12th January 2017 06:58 PM

so... for studio albums/EPs we just have M(A)DE IN JAPAN and FIVE left? for singles, I guess there's almost everything there. they added Sunrise/Sunset, Bold & Delicious/Pride, Moments, AUDIENCE, Far away, and kanariya today

I already saw FIVE there but it's blocked, so it's a matter of time.

MissElin_ 12th January 2017 09:01 PM

Amazingness, we're not far away from full dicography. :heart I've been busy making four playlists (day, night, dusk, dawn) this evening. This is the best thing eveeeer.

hud 12th January 2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissElin_ (Post 3228578)
Amazingness, we're not far away from full dicography. :heart I've been busy making four playlists (day, night, dusk, dawn) this evening. This is the best thing eveeeer.

same, I've been listening to mine a lot, gotta make themed ones now :P

by the way: http://spoti.fi/2j5CZLl haha

oaristos 12th January 2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

I don't know why people like spotify so much.

I love their curated playlists, it's such a great way to discover new music. It's also good when I need something to listen to while reading or studying and I don't want to waste my time trying to pick what I want to listen. :) Spotify usually has the perfect playlist for whatever activity I'm doing. I did have premium for a while, but nowadays I use their free service and I'm perfectly fine with it. :yes

Quote:

I think that's great, but in my case, I can't afford to buy the physical copy of every release I like because, in most cases, I don't like every single song. CDs also take up tons of space, especially since I already have a huge amount of books, DVD collections, and games at home.

ExodusUK 12th January 2017 11:23 PM

They need to fix Mirrorcle World. "TO BE (Instrumental)" is listed as TO BE.

Ruan Borges 13th January 2017 02:31 AM

I am making a playlist with the classic/orchestra versions, so I still waiting for A Classical to be uploaded xD

But I'm in love with having ayu on spotify! Now just MIJ, FIVE and LOVE again are missing from studio albuns.

CatGirl 13th January 2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowo (Post 3228579)
same, I've been listening to mine a lot, gotta make themed ones now :P

by the way: http://spoti.fi/2j5CZLl haha

Thank you! I went and followed your playlist :) Also, I made an Ayu Rock playlist of her rock/rock-pop songs. If anyone has suggestions for other songs I can add, please let me know! https://open.spotify.com/user/jpopdi...MXmNsAzz94OU6P

LOVE again and FIVE got added as well. FIVE is just listed as a single for some reason

pedronekoi 13th January 2017 12:53 PM

YES! "again" added <3 Now I can jam to "snowky kiss".

I did a playlist with her upbeat songs: https://play.spotify.com/user/226iss...DsahJeW3iDNHso

hud 13th January 2017 05:55 PM

they also added Party Queen, LOVE again and more singles! now we only have MIJ and We are the QUEENS left!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatGirl (Post 3228647)
Thank you! I went and followed your playlist :) Also, I made an Ayu Rock playlist of her rock/rock-pop songs. If anyone has suggestions for other songs I can add, please let me know! https://open.spotify.com/user/jpopdi...MXmNsAzz94OU6P

LOVE again and FIVE got added as well. FIVE is just listed as a single for some reason

thanks for following mine! I'll follow yours too! and Spotify always puts EPs together with singles, so there's that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedronekoi (Post 3228648)
YES! "again" added <3 Now I can jam to "snowky kiss".

I did a playlist with her upbeat songs: https://play.spotify.com/user/226iss...DsahJeW3iDNHso

nice! I'll follow yours aswell!

Ruan Borges 13th January 2017 06:26 PM

A Classical is there, finished my Classical/Orchestra playlist <3 https://open.spotify.com/user/ruanbo...dFUajo7bE2DR78

OogoeDiamond 13th January 2017 07:40 PM

LOVE, Again, LOVE AGAIN and FIVE are up! Do we miss anything other than Loveappears CD2?

hud 13th January 2017 10:47 PM

I've found a theme for my playlists, so I divided them in two. a 1998~2006 one and another, from 2007 to 2016.

if you followed the first one I posted here, it's the 1998-2006 now, so please follow the second one! I think I've put a lot of great songs on them. <3

rossbarney2003 14th January 2017 12:05 AM

Remember to report any tracks that are incorrect. I'm still waiting on Fly High to be fixed on Ayu Trance 2 and Ayu-mi-x II non-stop megamix. I'm hoping the more people that report, the more likely they are to fix it.

pedronekoi 14th January 2017 01:59 AM

The A COMPLETE tags are so weird lol

visionfactory 14th January 2017 03:03 AM

Spotify is shitty platform, I wish ayufans listened to her CDs real music instead

hud 14th January 2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by visionfactory (Post 3228696)
Spotify is shitty platform, I wish ayufans listened to her CDs real music instead

I do both + listen to downloaded iTunes Plus when I'm feeling like it lol. I like having many options to listen to her :P

primavera♥ 14th January 2017 07:45 PM

I love this. I personally love Spotify for most of the music I listen to. So I love having ayu there and making ayu playlists on there

pedronekoi 14th January 2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Why do you think it's a shitty platform?

EndOfTheWorld 15th January 2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

This post gives me hope.:heart:laugh
I totally agree. Don't let the spirit of music die.:thumbsup
But it is good for someone that has no way to access her music. I wish we could all have a balance between physical and digital music one day. That way everyone can have the best of both worlds.

labello 15th January 2017 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3228759)
This post gives me hope.:heart:laugh
I totally agree. Don't let the spirit of music die.:thumbsup
But it is good for someone that has no way to access her music. I wish we could all have a balance between physical and digital music one day. That way everyone can have the best of both worlds.

What kind of balance are you asking for?

To me it seems like we can have the best of both at the moment. People who like to stream music can do that and whoever wants to buy CDs can do so as well. Streaming won't stop anyone who wants the CD from buying them.

I don't really get why you are so against streaming services. Everyone has their preference. Some care about the streaming quality, some don't. Some want to own the CD and some don't.
I think services like Spotify make it easy to listen to music, so even casual listeners get to hear songs they wouldn't buy and instead (possibly) illegally download.

EndOfTheWorld 15th January 2017 04:09 AM

That balance is getting crushed. What happens to the people who want real music releases when more and more people sacrifice values for the convenience of streaming? That is why many of you may not care, physical music is not a threat to you.
The balance I am looking for is a coexistence of digital and physical. But that can't happen if one is supported way more than the other.
Being able to access music online has been extremely beneficial to me over the years. I am not quite against it existing, but more against putting priority of it over cds and vinyl etc. It's a great way to discover new artists and experience what their music is like. Also to try albums out before buying them.
But to only stream music is something I won't understand because to my mind, if you care about music, you would want the actual album. It represents the artists finished product. The manifestation of their creative ideas, brought to life. It's not just a plastic case with a disc inside that "takes up sooo much space".
So long answer short, I am against streaming services taking over, not them existing.

labello 15th January 2017 04:21 AM

No streaming service will stop a person from buying the CD if they want to. Anyone who wants a CD will buy it sooner or later.

I also don't think that one can necessarily say that if you like the music you will want to buy the CD as well. I think you shouldn't assume things just because you yourself would do it like that. I get it, I do that too, but to some having the album or just the download doesn't make much difference. It's about listening to the music itself and you can do that either way.

I don't think streaming will lead to no CDs being release anymore so I don't think there is a missing balance. To me it seems both do coexist already.
I actually think streaming is leading to a lot of people actually supporting artists they might only casually listen to. I've seen it with my friends and myself: instead of downloading songs online they stream it through Spotify/Apple Music/etc. and the artist gets at least some money.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your opinion :)

EndOfTheWorld 15th January 2017 04:36 AM

Well yes, those who want the CD will buy and those who want to stream will stream. But what happens is, as streaming becomes more and more popular, music companies will decide to stop producing physical albums because it will save them money. Then we have to conform to the streaming lifestyle.:no
The only reason things are balanced now is because there are still many people who are old enough to know the value of collecting music. The kids of today and the future will all be born into this streaming format, causing the death of music collecting.:(
But you're welcome, I always like to hear what people think. I'm glad you are optimistic.:laugh

hsienko 15th January 2017 08:20 AM

They still make CDs?

xLuna&1LOVE 15th January 2017 11:00 AM

Agreed with labello

Spotify does not stop people in buying CDs.
I still think everyone sees value in owning physicals copies. When the album is good, people are more willing to buy it. I would not have bought Birdy's Beautiful Lies without streaming first, for example. Spotify gives enough credit to the artist. Also, because of streaming I have discovered lots of new artists I enjoy and really want to see live. Spotify is easy to use, easy to share and a much better platfom to get to know an artist, than buying random CDs, just because you only enjoyed one hit they kept playing on the radio. With Spotify we still support the artist. Streaming does not stop them from releasing new music.

Also, I really won't mind if companies decided to make less physical copies. Producing is expensive and a lot of waste of material. When you see Ayu's physical sales for examply, it is always around 15k. I would say: release first 10k copies and restock when more people want it. It is less production, less expensive, the product becomes more exclusive (maybe even rare) and the 'waste' is well, easier to handle. That why I don't agree with releases like A BEST -15th Anniversairy Version-. I hate it to say, but it is waste. I care much less when I can listen to the album online. In that way, I still support Ayu in making new music.

It comes to mind that not every album is available on Spotify. Taylor Swift and Beyoncé have decided not to stream their latest album. I don't think it effected their sales in any way differently.

Corvina 15th January 2017 11:53 AM

I don't really need streaming services.
I did use Apple Music for a while, and while it is convenient having so much to discover and stream being on the way, my mobile internet just isn't enough to use it for a long time. And if I want to use it more, it gets quite expensive with mobile internet. And for using it at home I don't need it anyway. Besides, new material of Japanese artists always need a lot of time getting uploaded.
So I cancelled my account again and just bought a bigger card for my mobile phone. Like that I have all my favourite music with me.

kaled kalil 15th January 2017 01:03 PM

I can't with people who thinks that streaming with end the physical CD market. CDs killed LPs and they are still being released, netflix killed DVD/Blu-ray and they still a thing. Don't worry, they won't end something that they can still make money out of it from collectors and stuff.

I personally don't care for the music streaming business, but I think it's a valid thing for you to know different styles and artists that you would never know otherwise.

As someone said early, I only use spotify when I don't care about the album enough for me to buy/rip my own copy.

This whole thing "stream vs physical copy" is getting like "you're only a real fan if you listen to her musics with the original copy". Blah.

EndOfTheWorld 15th January 2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaled kalil (Post 3228795)
I can't with people who thinks that streaming with end the physical CD market. CDs killed LPs and they are still being released, netflix killed DVD/Blu-ray and they still a thing. Don't worry, they won't end something that they can still make money out of it from collectors and stuff.

I personally don't care for the music streaming business, but I think it's a valid thing for you to know different styles and artists that you would never know otherwise.

As someone said early, I only use spotify when I don't care about the album enough for me to buy/rip my own copy.

This whole thing "stream vs physical copy" is getting like "you're only a real fan if you listen to her musics with the original copy". Blah.

I don't think anyone here is saying that streaming and exploring music online is without huge benefits. I would not even be such a big fan of Jpop if it weren't for things like Youtube and streaming. Digital music has allowed me to discover music that I never would have access too otherwise. Spotify has it's benefits. Physical and digital both have pros and cons.
The point is that at this current moment, yes CDs still exist. But streaming will only increase. In the future, CDs will be gone unless people like me try to keep it alive. Future generations will not even know what a CD is so why would they buy them. It costs money to produce CDs and they will stop making them when they stop selling enough to make a decent profit. Just look at the gaming industry. Some games are not even released physically AT ALL and this is becoming more frequent. A sign of the future.
If you guys think streaming won't kill CDs, that is a bit of denial. There are people that actually would like CDs to go away they hate them so much.
Some people just can't understand this argument because they don't feel the same way as people who prefer physical. Owning the physical copy or building a collection is an emotional thing. Some people love the feeling of owning and holding the physical representation of an artists work. They feel a sense of pride building a large collection of music they love so much. They want to hear their favorite songs in the high quality that they deserve to be heard in. Having something the artist can autograph. Looking at the pictures and artwork. Having the liner notes/lyrics.
Those who prefer streaming only just don't understand these feelings, so they don't understand what people like me are talking about.
Some people just want to hear the song and that is it. I don't feel that way but there isn't anything wrong with that. Sadly these people have a negative effect on those who love the physical releases.
As for the argument of "only true fans by the CD", I think there is some truth to that. If somebody really is a fan, just pressing play on a highly compressed digital file for free, versus buying the album, holding the artists finished product they worked hard on, reading the lyrics, sitting down and listening to it in their room, listening to all the details in the music, admiring the album on the shelf. Those fans just don't see how the album is an integral part of the artist they claim to love so much.
For example, I think someone who only streams an artist's music when they can easily buy the CD/vinyl shows a lack of passion for the artist since they don't even think their album is worth paying money for or owning. But this doesn't mean they don't qualify as a fan.

indigochild 15th January 2017 02:55 PM

I used to collect CDs especially in the early 2000's when my Jpop craze was at a high point and would purchase both the CD and CD+DVD edition of singles and albums :dead2 As I've gotten older though I realize that I wouldn't even touch the CDs that are displayed on a bookcase anymore after I ripped them on my computer. I was basically just throwing money away collecting CDs that were gathering dust which is why I turned to streaming. I always just use my phone to listen to music now anyways. I get a bluetooth speaker and I'm good to go. Same goes for my car so I just don't have any need to buy albums anymore :shrug I don't think that takes away the "experience". I never just sit down and look through the booklet while listening to an album anyways so that doesn't relate to me. And that goes for all media really. Video games, music, books, movies etc. I've strictly gone digital. At the end of the day, we're all going to die and it's all materialistic things that isn't coming to the grave with us :\ (sorry to make it morbid at the end lol)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3228799)
For example, I think someone who only streams an artist's music when they can easily buy the CD/vinyl shows a lack of passion for the artist since they don't even think their album is worth paying money for or owning. But this doesn't mean they don't qualify as a fan.

Nothing against you at all, but I have a problem with you suggesting that it's "easy to buy" :\ Some people don't have the extra money to buy the CD. Some people live in shoebox size apartments where every space counts. I don't think it's fair to suggest that these people don't "value" an artists work just because they're not physically purchasing it.

Ruan Borges 15th January 2017 04:54 PM

People need to get over with that. Different times, different ways to listen to music! Just choose what is best for you.

EndOfTheWorld 15th January 2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indigochild (Post 3228807)
Nothing against you at all, but I have a problem with you suggesting that it's "easy to buy" :\ Some people don't have the extra money to buy the CD. Some people live in shoebox size apartments where every space counts. I don't think it's fair to suggest that these people don't "value" an artists work just because they're not physically purchasing it.

That's fine. What I meant was that, for those people only. For the people that do have the money and do have the space. I am aware that for some people, buying the CD is not an option for them. I totally understand that. Buying vinyl and CDs is a luxury that not everyone has. In that instance, I was referring to the people that are totally able to but don't. Everyone has a different situation.
For me I don't have a steady income at all. Entertainment media in Japan is ridiculously priced. Even I get fed up with it so I get the money problem for sure. Jpop is not a cheap hobby.:bsigh

LEOyumi 15th January 2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3228799)
As for the argument of "only true fans by the CD", I think there is some truth to that. If somebody really is a fan, just pressing play on a highly compressed digital file for free, versus buying the album, holding the artists finished product they worked hard on, reading the lyrics, sitting down and listening to it in their room, listening to all the details in the music, admiring the album on the shelf. Those fans just don't see how the album is an integral part of the artist they claim to love so much.

Look, I'd rather pay a Spotify subscription and be able to listen to all ayu albums in great quality than saving like, four months worth of subscription and be able to buy ONE physical album of hers that I won't even be able to listen away from home. I love having the album together with my collection, seeing the booklet, looking at the cover, but it's impossible nowadays. I have a very big ayu collection but the last thing I bought was the feel the love/merry go round single when it was released. I guess I would only buy her albums again if I ever go to Japan or sth.
The thing is... streaming is way more accessible than buying physical albums, while also being way more practical. I like buying albums from my favorite artists, but I just buy them for collecting purposes. I'll listen to them using Spotify anyways. lol
We're all fans and every one experiences the songs and their passion in different ways.

MissElin_ 15th January 2017 09:16 PM

We still have books and newspapers even though they come digitally now. We still have newly produced vinyls because people still listen and buy them. So no I don't think streaming sites kills the CD industry. So people can chill, it won't happen. And even if it did I would cheer them on because if we have digital choices in this modern world let's use our evolved technique instead of producing more material things that the world can't break down naturally (see plastic as biggest blame factor). Artists and groups still get their support from fans, they still earn money, they get better promotion and their fanbase usually grows when available on streaming sites. So it's actually a win-win. Look at K-pop - being up on Spotify for years and FINALLY J-pop understands and follows the trend.

And how great isn't it that people actually choses to spend money on sites like Netflix/Spotify instead of illegally download and in no way at all support their idol. It's a great thing that movie and music industry listens to what people want and offer these kind of services that streaming is. Thank you!

And I btw, are one of those crazy collectors that have all Ayu's albums (-some remix albums), all singles e.t.c so I totally understand the emotional value. And I will always support Ayu in both physical CD's, going to concerts and using streaming services. But not everyone can or want to. Totally fine. I'm happy Avex understands that Spotify is great for them and their artists and taking this move into the future instead of fighting against it (because that's loosing).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3228793)
I don't really need streaming services.
I did use Apple Music for a while, and while it is convenient having so much to discover and stream being on the way, my mobile internet just isn't enough to use it for a long time. And if I want to use it more, it gets quite expensive with mobile internet. And for using it at home I don't need it anyway. Besides, new material of Japanese artists always need a lot of time getting uploaded.
So I cancelled my account again and just bought a bigger card for my mobile phone. Like that I have all my favourite music with me.

You can listen to Spotify even if you're offline you know. :D

mi|kshake 15th January 2017 09:28 PM

I'm more a physical buyer myself but I am loving reading the discussion on streaming vs physical. I have actually logged into Spotify again to check out some of the Ayumi playlists. (Although I don't find them easy to find!)