Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ayu ~Anything Goes~ XV (AHS' Ayumi Hamasaki General Discussion Thread) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122615)

Bigtop 15th March 2016 06:58 AM

Ayu ~Anything Goes~ XV (AHS' Ayumi Hamasaki General Discussion Thread)

New thread since the last one reached 500 posts (exactly before I announced it on the previous thread!).

I've also decided to call Ayu ~Anything Goes~ threads "AHS' Ayumi Hamasaki General Discussion Thread" since it's pretty obvious we're chit-chatting with just about anything Ayu here, new or old.

Although I just heard Ayu got another haircut... It seems ironic whenever Sayuri Sugawara (one of my favorite J-pop artists today, as THE SxPLAY today) gets a haircut recently (evidence Sayuri gets a haircut), shortly after Ayu gets a haircut as well... (>_<)

280301 15th March 2016 08:33 AM

I like her bob, but I would love to see the return of blonde Ayu. It feels like she's been brunette forever (by her standards).

Aderianu 15th March 2016 08:40 AM

I like new haircut, it's more girl-next-door and not diva
can't wait to see it on MSta

rainbow_smile 15th March 2016 09:02 AM

Wait, there are HQ downloads of CM versions of blossom and Sparkle floating around??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover (Post 2594723)
^^ there is acapella version of "do it again" as well on chaku-uta site! hopefully someone will upload full version HQ as they did with blossom CM version and Sparkle CM version!

Aderianu 15th March 2016 09:26 AM

I have blossom. It's just cut from the song

truehappiness 15th March 2016 11:36 AM

Sparkle's CM version was a chaku-uta. I think I have it.

rainbow_smile 15th March 2016 03:20 PM

I was just wondering... Can someone list all the Ayu songs that have a special little dance? I know the Trauma chorus dance, and I also noticed there was one for MY ALL and independent when I attended the concert. So, I would kinda like to know what dances I'd have to learn for her concerts because I was so confused XD

jiarongisme 15th March 2016 04:47 PM

You mean dances that include the audience itself yeah? RED LINE ~for TA~ and Sweet season has a chorus dance too. Sparkle has that no no no arm gesture, Fly high has a little dance too. Not sure if AUDIENCE counts, but there's that clapping thing. evolution has that punch in the air during the wow yeahs. Ayu also seem to always include the audience during the July 1st chorus with the swinging. Humming 7/4 during the Everybody GO! Everybody JUMP! parts. Towel swinging in Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~. Not sure if I'm missing out on anymore.

chocopockymaster 15th March 2016 07:38 PM

^ You forgot UNITE! independent has a dance as well.

tokyoxjapanxfan 16th March 2016 01:08 AM

Fly high as well. At the end of Boys & Girls has the hands moving up and down too.

Zeke. 16th March 2016 09:01 PM

I am reading an article on otakuology, and this portion on the importance of criticism really stood out to me. I found it a very fitting commentary on the state of fandoms in general, especially here on AHS.

Quote:

Of course, among creators and people in the mass media, there is a tendency to misunderstand otaku culture as comparable to Western subculture, which leads to such thoughts as 'creators are above the fans in any case'. The message is clear: 'Art comes directly from the creators' heart. Appreciate it gratefully. It's your fault if you don't understand. Go home and do your homework!' It might not be as direct as that, but even creators fall victim to these misunderstandings. There are many otaku who have been overwhelmed by this attitude, but they should not be. If you blindly praise a chef too much, the restaurant will go bad. Only when you evaluate on your own can you hope for better food. In other words, evaluating art leads to the healthy formation of artisan culture.

Andrenekoi 16th March 2016 09:20 PM

^You may be reading a different forum... Over here she is considered superficial if her english isn't perfect and trashed if her t-shirts are too simple...

truehappiness 16th March 2016 11:28 PM

Yeah, I don't really see much blind praise here... if anything, it's more often dissatisfaction with the directions she goes in.

DevilsClap 16th March 2016 11:29 PM

I think other artists get more praise than Ayu here. Sadly.

Zeke. 16th March 2016 11:35 PM

I guess it's not so much the case today as it was 2, or even 1 year ago.

Chibi-Chan 17th March 2016 12:53 AM

I think most artists get waaaaaaaaaa~~~~~~y to much credit for every bullshit they put out. The first time I REALLY hated an Ayu release was A ONE. I get why she released it, because it's the same bullshit most jpop artists release and what the public likes and actually the public and even AHS liked it. But it's a shitty release non the less. It's so bad I would be ashamed to show it to any true music lover who takes the time to REALLY listen to a song and who not just searches for popular tunes. I don't like her social media character anymore, I think it's superficial as fuck. But I always appreciated her tours and album releases. The first time I really criticized an album was LOVE again because as an album it was boring as hell. But despite the production of the songs a lot of the arrangements were pretty creative compared to most jpop. I still really like to listen to the songs seperately. But A ONE is bullshit. It's arrangements are shit, the production is shit, mostly everything is shit. God I'm still so disappointed. That never happened before. I always saw Ayu as more than just a performer. I still see her as an artist and I would love to discuss more deep stuff at AHS about her like analyzing performances/lyrics etc. but sadly most people are just interested in discussing how sexy and young she looks.
I don't know. But often I feel that's also a reason why I'm so harsh on her lately. No one takes the time to appreciate her artistry and everyone is superficial as fuck about her. Only thing that matters is how she looks. I feel as if the only thing people comment about her are her looks. So there isn't much more left to comment than her celibrity life for me.
I don't know, Namie, Kuu, Ayu... everyone released shitty releases that had no musical value to them for 90% of their albums and people still celebrate those releases and mostly talk about how beautiful and sexy they look.
And if you haven't noticed until now, yes I'm bitter about the current state of jpop. lol

truehappiness 17th March 2016 12:56 AM

Many Classic Moments is A M A Z I N G.

I hope she does a concept album of stuff like this.

Personally I am excited for her next album. No idea wtf it's gonna be like.

ExodusUK 17th March 2016 01:13 AM

There's something really special about this song. You can feel her anxiety and nerves building up as the song climaxes. ASFXX really captured the sound of fragility and innocence really well.

I enjoy this version too for the maturity in her voice

axmish87 17th March 2016 01:15 AM

At first I thought that Many Classic Moments is boring but I have to admit that after a few listens I changed my mind. Of topic : I also really loved HYDEs version of DEPARTURES and hitomi's Anytime Smokin' Cigarette from GLOBE's cover album.
And with every spring coming I am totaly enjoying ASFXX album in it's entirety. I know it was released in winter but i am totaly connecting it with spring and I can't explain why:-)

ExodusUK 17th March 2016 01:21 AM

Her voice was so good in 2009!

I don't know what happened because 2008 was sooo sooo unbelievably bad (the AT08 vocals and Together When lives...*shudder*) but she suddenly improved so much after CDL08-09.