Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Artists & Bands (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [KAT-TUN] WATER DANCE -the KAT-TUN thread XII- ♫ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89593)

ll moments ll 3rd May 2009 08:10 AM

WATER DANCE -the KAT-TUN thread XII- ♫

welcome to the 12th thread!

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...TBLUEGROUP.jpg
KAT-TUN

KAT-TUN. this group under Johnny's Entertainment was formed in the spring of 2001 & was originally set to be an 8 member unit group as a temporary backdancing support team for the KinKi Kids' Domoto Koichi. however, 6 individual members were chosen. these members include Kamenashi Kazuya, Akanishi Jin, Taguchi Junnosuke, Tanaka Koki, Ueda Tatsuya, & Nakamaru Yuichi.

the unit remained, however, due to their rise in popularity. KAT-TUN began touring in 2002 as a unit. since then, they remain as JE's most successful Johnny's Junior unit to ever emerge from the Jimusho. they've broken the DVD record for best-selling DVD concert with their 2005 release of "KAT-TUN Live Kaizokuban". it has sold over 400,000+ units.

it was not until 2006, when KAT-TUN really took over the music scene. JE finally gave them the green light to make a nationwide debut, with a multiple release of a single "Real Face", album "Best of KAT-TUN", & DVD "Real Face Film". all three shot up to #1, making them the 2nd artist after Hamasaki Ayumi to grab all 3 #1 chart positions on the ORICON charts in the same week. since then, all their releases have reached #1 on the singles, albums, & DVD charts. their upcoming concert at Tokyo Dome will break the record of having the most consecutive Tokyo Dome performances with a popping 78 days.

KAT-TUN often stands out from their other peers in JE. they have a rather hard & heavy image to them, with their music being more rock-influenced than typical idol-pop. KAT-TUN is also very independent from one another, as they are all very opinionated. they often talk bluntly about the fact they do fight and have disagreements. if you're expecting another lovey-dovey group like Arashi, KANJANI8, or KinKi Kids, you're in the wrong thread, my dear. that's not how KAT-TUN handles business.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...KTBLUEKAME.jpg
亀梨和也
* Kame is probably the most recognized member of KAT-TUN. unlike his fellow group-mates, he has another million-selling single under his belt (he was Shuuji in the temporary JE group, Shuuji to Akira. their single "Seishun Amigo" has sold 1.6 million). He is noted for his maturity, despite being the youngest of the group.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...SKTBLUEJIN.jpg
赤西仁
* Jin is the other most recognizable member in the group. However, unlike Kame, it's probably because he looks good. Jin constantly charts the "Most Wanted Lover" charts. He left the group temporarily to study abroad in 2006 and caused a ruckus within the fandom. He might look intimidating, but he's actually quite shy.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...TBLUEJUNNO.jpg
田口淳之介
* Junno is the most light-hearted & naturally good-looking lad in the group. He loves to make puns & tell jokes. Whether they are good jokes or not is up you. He is also the group's best dancer and is specialized in tap-dancing and acrobats. He also enjoys getting beat up, making him the group's Masochist. He's also very positive.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...KTBLUEKOKI.jpg
田中聖
* Koki looks tough & scary, doesn't he? However, he's quite the charmer and a sensitive soul. He serves as the group's rapper, writing under the pen name JOKER. Koki initially didn't like being in KAT-TUN and wanted to quit, but changed his mind after KAT-TUN started touring. He also has a younger brother, Tanaka Juri, in Johnny's Junior.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...KTBLUEUEDA.jpg
上田竜也
* Ueda Tatsuya was initially KAT-TUN's group leader. However, due to the pressure, he stepped down & now KAT-TUN is leaderless. He is the quiet one in the group, but probably the most musically talented one. He writes all his solo material and composes as well. He also enjoys boxing and is dedicated to the sport.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...KTBLUEMARU.jpg
中丸雄一
* Maru-chan is the group's beatboxer. He decided to do beatboxing in order for him to stand out in JE. he's also the group's only member enrolled in college, currently attending the prestigous Waseda University. He's majoring in Environmental Studies. Maru is also the neutralizer in KAT-TUN, often breaking up fights.

_THREAD TRIVIA
"WATER DANCE" is ll moments ll favorite song off "Break the Records -by you & for you-" album. it is track #4. :D

_DISCOGRAPHY

AHS' KAT-TUN DISCOGRAPHY THREAD

SINGLES
01. Real Face | #1 | 1,045,738 | #1 YEARLY SINGLE - 2006
02. SIGNAL | #1 | 569,527
03. Bokura no Machi de (僕らの街で) | #1 | 558,491
04. Yorokobi no Uta (喜びの歌) | #1 | 373,965
05. Keep the faith | #1 | 459,919
06. LIPS | #1 | 421,902
07. DON'T U EVER STOP | #1 | 447,971
08. White X'mas | #1 | 291,184
09. ONE DROP | #1 | 331,248
10. RESCUE | #1 | 377,097

ALBUMS
01. Best of KAT-TUN | #1 | 743,359
02. cartoon KAT-TUN II You | #1 | 354,973
03. KAT-TUN III -QUEEN OF PIRATES- | #1 | 282,402
04. KAT-TUN IV Break the Records -by you & for you- | #1 | 240,944* STILL SELLING

SINGLE/ALBUM SALES: 6 MILLION+ SINCE DEBUT (3 YRS)

DVDS
01. Okyakusama wa Kamisama - Concert 55 Man Nin Ai no Request ni Kotaete!! (お客様は神サマーConcert 55万人愛のリクエストに応えて!!) | 172,926
02. DREAM BOY [Takizawa Hideaki, KAT-TUN, & KANJANI8] | UNKNOWN
03. SUMMARY of Johnny's World [KAT-TUN & NEWS] | UNKNOWN
04. KAT-TUN Live Kaizokuban (KAT-TUN Live 海賊帆) | BEST-SELLING JAPANESE MUSIC CONCERT DVD/VIDEO OF ALL TIME | 400,758
05. Real Face Film | BEST-SELLING JAPANESE MUSIC DVD OF ALL TIME | 475,507
06. DREAM BOYS [KAT-TUN vs. KANJANI8] | 178,350
07. Live of KAT-TUN "Real Face" | 240,627
08. TOUR 2007 cartoon KAT-TUN II You | 227,640
09. DREAM BOYS 2007 | UNKNOWN
10. KAT-TUN LIVE TOUR 2008 QUEEN OF PIRATES | 209,604

DVD SALES: 1 MILLION+ REPORTED

SALES CREDITS TO: KAT-TUN'S WIKI.THEPPN PAGE! | LUVJIN BLOG

_WHAT ARE THEY DOING NOW? / FUTURE EVENTS
01. cartoon KAT-TUN (カートゥンKAT-TUN) : NTV Variety Show : AIRS EVERY WEDNESDAY 11:55 PM - 12:26 AM.
02. CONCERT : TAKING OVER TOKYO DOME FOR 78 DAYS : KAT-TUN Break the Records : 東京ドーム10 days ・ 京セラドーム大阪3 days : MAY 15 2009 - MAY 21 2009. JOHNNY'S NET INFO : each day will have a different setlist and costume changes. KAT-TUN HOLDS THE RECORD FOR CONSECUTIVE TOKYO DOME DAY PERFORMANCES. [TOKYOGRAPH].
03. SPRING DRAMA 2009 : 婚カツ! : 上田竜也 : FUJI TV - MONDAY - 9PM.
04. CONCERT UPDATE! : DOME CON TO BE EXTENDED!! TOKYO DOME DATES = 05.15.2009 - 05.21.2009 + 05.22. 2009 + 06.14.2009 - 06.15.2009 || OSAKA KYOCERA DOME DATES = 05.29.2009 - 05.31.2009 | GRAND TOTAL : 13 DAYS (8 CONSECUTIVE)
05. CAST ADDITION! : 必殺仕事人2009 : 田中聖 : TV ASAHI - FRIDAY - 9 PM.
06. MOVIE 2009 : ごくせん THE MOVIE : 亀梨和也 : 07.11.2009 OUT!
07. MOVIE 2010 : BANDAGE : 赤西仁 : DATE TBA
08. SPRING DRAMA 2009 CAMEO : MR. BRAIN : 亀梨和也 : EPISODE 3
09. PHOTOBOOK : LIVE DOCUMENT PHOTOBOOK "BREAK the RECORDS" : SOMETIME IN THE SUMMER.
10. CONCERT : KAT-TUN SUMMER '09 Break the Records Tour : OKINAWA 07.22.2009 START! - HOKKAIDO 08.23.2009 FINISH : 17 concerts total
11. MUSICAL : DREAM BOYS : 亀梨和也 : TOKYO 09.04.2009 START! - OSAKA 10.25.2009 FINISH!
12. FALL DRAMA SP : 母の贈物 : 中丸雄一 : DATE TBA

_USEFUL SITES
01. OFFICIAL WEBSITE: J-ONE RECORDS
02. OFFICIAL WEBSITE: JOHNNY'S NET
03. LJ COMMUNITY: KATTUNLOVE
04. LJ COMMUNITY: JONE_RECORDS
05. LJ USER: TSUYAKA
06. LJ USER: FUTARI_LOVE
07. BLOG: LUVJIN

GFX: © ll moments ll. scans from jone_records.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...GOSHISMALL.jpg
this thread is brought to you by Akanishi Jin hating on NEWS' Tegoshi Yuya.
GFX → ELINDAR @ EPIC POST

~BEAUTIFUL FAN-LYRIC RAP "White X'mas" EDITION~
by the amazing Aga-chan

「Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle bells, yo baby
Do you hear tha bells jingle
Konya gonna make U lady
Don't be shady Lucky lady
Futari dake no Christmas Eve
Have tricks up ma sleeve
yo uh Don't say maybe
Ima kara wa ore no lady」

happy posting! :)

KarenPang 3rd May 2009 08:14 AM

WATER DANCE's 1 of my fave tracks on Break the Records , glad you named it as so :D

even though I was hoping for either 1582 or MOON :innocent

ll moments ll 3rd May 2009 08:21 AM

.....DARN I TOTALLY WAS NOT THINKING "1582" DURING MY TITLE BRAINSTORM. LOL!! :laugh but whatever, "WATER DANCE" is totally awesome, anyway. haha. i was thinking of unit songs to name the title with. :dead2

i'll be making new graphics, so check back laterrrrr. :D

EDIT;; my photoshop's being dumb right now. :grumpy so just a group & obligatory "this thread is brought to you by Jin" gfx for now. ;)

~Inori~ 3rd May 2009 01:13 PM

89,677 + 59,350 + 17,603 + 10,569 + 8,622= 185,821

Guess they won't pass 200k in their first week.

KarenPang 3rd May 2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolongi (Post 1926550)
89,677 + 59,350 + 17,603 + 10,569 + 8,622= 185,821

Guess they won't pass 200k in their first week.

:(

*shrugs* I long ago accepted that anyway

+ all the fangirls in Japan are super broke no thanks to their upcoming tour too

futari_love updates - http://futari-love.livejournal.com/72140.html

god , the 1st few pics preview of them are HOT O_O , looking forward to the more HQ scans of it

& AHAHAHAHA at the last few Kame pics xD xD

ll moments ll 4th May 2009 12:54 AM

yeah, it's nothing to really cry about. lol. there was virtually no promotion for it other than TV CMs, so numbers were to be expected. K8 actually went to Heyx3 & other TV stuff to promote PUZZLE. & sales might go up a little bit once the cons start.

LOLOL. those scans are awesome.

KarenPang 4th May 2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ll moments ll (Post 1927302)
yeah, it's nothing to really cry about. lol. there was virtually no promotion for it other than TV CMs, so numbers were to be expected. K8 actually went to Heyx3 & other TV stuff to promote PUZZLE. & sales might go up a little bit once the cons start.

:yes

it's always like that whenever a Johnny's band released a new album , either little or no promo's done on their end to spread the word on their new record

Quote:

LOLOL. those scans are awesome.
:roflmao I know

especially the last few preview pics of Kame :laugh

Beauty4123 4th May 2009 03:32 AM

so i FINALLY listended to the album! :laugh first, i gotta say that queen of pirates was definately much better and enjoyable for me. :yes but "break the records" still wasn't horrible or anything.

my favorite album tracks are: SADISTIC LOVE, WATER DANCE, care (jin seriously did a beautiful job, i really love this song) 1582 (really liked it, too. good job kame! :smitten), PIERROT (i love this solo by koki because it's not all screaming like his solo from DUES. i forgot the name :laugh) and i love ueda and junno's solos. especially ueda's. the music is really beautiful. i can't remember too much of the other tracks, though. :laugh

i think i basically just enjoyed all the solos, the 4 singles (RESCUE :love) and like, 2 album tracks. like i said, it really was a good album, but i think QoP is much better :yes

ll moments ll 4th May 2009 03:43 AM

i agree with all the tracks you like, Lisa. especially "WATER DANCE". :heart it seems like the main problem with the album comes with the end/2nd half, which is what i think is the album's weak point as well (like Kimi Michi...etc. LOL).

& yeah, Karen. i totally agree with the promo for albums. they have the potential to sell well, but JE never puts in the effort. :\

KarenPang 4th May 2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty4123 (Post 1927489)
so i FINALLY listended to the album! :laugh first, i gotta say that queen of pirates was definately much better and enjoyable for me. :yes but "break the records" still wasn't horrible or anything.

my favorite album tracks are: SADISTIC LOVE, WATER DANCE, care (jin seriously did a beautiful job, i really love this song) 1582 (really liked it, too. good job kame! :smitten), PIERROT (i love this solo by koki because it's not all screaming like his solo from DUES. i forgot the name :laugh) and i love ueda and junno's solos. especially ueda's. the music is really beautiful. i can't remember too much of the other tracks, though. :laugh

i think i basically just enjoyed all the solos, the 4 singles (RESCUE :love) and like, 2 album tracks. like i said, it really was a good album, but i think QoP is much better :yes

:laugh

that will be PARASITE , Lisa but I will not blame you for forgetting it because it's my least fave solo on the DUES single & that goes for Break the Records too (sorry JOKER)

EDIT - YES YES YES someone from the local HMV earlier on called me & said that both editions of Break the Records have arrived :yatta

Dila's going yay now :laugh & it's funny that we ordered different editions online & we're going to get different editions locally xD xD

ugh it sucks that I will not be seeing the limited edition that I ordered til tomorrow :grumpy but at least I will make do with the regular edition later on when I get a copy of it alongside with NEWS's Koi no ABO <3

KarenPang 4th May 2009 11:25 AM

sorry to double post but :

6th day sales : 8909

Total sales : 89,677 + 59,350 + 17,603 + 10,569 + 8622 + 8909 = 194,730

a bit more to crack 200K !

I will post a pic of the normal edition of Break the Records in which both editions are already being sold at the local HMV :D & I will be collecting the limited edition from the post office's headquarters tomorrow after school :grumpy

& oh check your PM inbox Eirynne :D

Neyvaa 4th May 2009 12:08 PM

A new KAT-TUN thread ^^

As for the CD I'm still planning on making a review, but I've been to busy >< I love the album though, so I guess you'll only hear good words from me XD

About this
http://futari-love.livejournal.com/72140.html

Do you see the picture from a Gokusen idk get together? I know there's been rumors about Kame and Jin joining to make a movie together with the others. But it's official? Or...? please enlighten me XD

KarenPang 4th May 2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neyvaa (Post 1927922)
A new KAT-TUN thread ^^

As for the CD I'm still planning on making a review, but I've been to busy >< I love the album though, so I guess you'll only hear good words from me XD

:laugh but of course :innocent

Quote:

About this
http://futari-love.livejournal.com/72140.html

Do you see the picture from a Gokusen idk get together? I know there's been rumors about Kame and Jin joining to make a movie together with the others. But it's official? Or...? please enlighten me XD
it's confirmed that Kame will be acting as a erm trainee teacher in the movie & this's his official movie debut

I don't know for Akanishi since he's busy fliming Bandage but you never know

& as promised :

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/829/img1231u.jpg

:D

the pics of the guys in the booklet are surprisingly good & that goes for Kame & Ueda :innocent

scans of the regular edition can be downloaded via my jpop scans thread & I can't wait to collect the limited edition tomorrow from the post office headquarters <3

ayumisrael 4th May 2009 02:28 PM

LOL sorry people but I have to make a correction (and sorry Jin too).
This whole time when I said I favor Jin (specially in looks) I always meant to junnosuke, I mixed their names for some reason :P.

So junnosuke and koki are my favorites :love

T∀BOO is still my favorite song of KAT-TUN. xD

KarenPang 4th May 2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayumisrael (Post 1928034)
LOL sorry people but I have to make a correction (and sorry Jin too).
This whole time when I said I favor Jin (specially in looks) I always meant to junnosuke, I mixed their names for some reason :P.

So junnosuke and koki are my favorites :love

T∀BOO is still my favorite song of KAT-TUN. xD

:roflmao

dude Junno & Akanishi are like polar opposites of each other man :lmfao

Junno's a DoM

I don't know for Akanishi's case , I say a DoS just not as lethal as Ueda xD

EDIT - I have posted the 320kpbs rip of Break the Records via the KT discography thread Eirynne (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...1&postcount=36)

since I already gotten my copy while you haven't yet , I thought I helped out in expanding the discography in whichever way I can possible :cool

ll moments ll 4th May 2009 11:04 PM

LMAO. it's okay, ayumisrael. i'm pretty sure got the members mixed up in one point in life or the other. xD but wow! great choice. Junno is awesome. :cool

& yes, Kame will be in the Gokusen movie. not sure about Jin though. & take your time with the review Neyvaa. :)

...WHERE IS MY ALBUM. :eyes
i didn't check the mail today though. it should be coming today or like, tomorrow.

ayumisrael 4th May 2009 11:15 PM

^Oh did you orders -Break the Records-? (silly question for you and Karen LOL).
QUEEN OF PIRATES will have to wait to be bought buy me since I have TONES of albums I didn't order yet from my favorite artists (and some others I really like) though I hope I can put it in one of the orders.
This album is good.
Will check the new one in this week. ^^

ka♡ri. 4th May 2009 11:16 PM

:lmfao ayumisrael!!!
Junno is still my second least fave... DX

And I can't wait to see Kame in the movie.
He totally made the second season. I barely even watched it since it was such a repeat of the first one.
But he did great so I continued it. :yes
Jin...:shrug It could do without him tbh.

BUT THERE NEEDS TO BE SAWADA SHIN ALSO!!!!!!!! :grumpy

ll moments ll 4th May 2009 11:21 PM

LOL YUP I ORDERED IT. xD
i think me & Karen here have all their music discography. but Karen's the psychotic one & has all the editions (Normal, First Press, CD+DVD, etc.) of everything. LMAO. :laugh i just have the editions with the most music on them.

i hope you manage to get QUEEN OF PIRATES. it's such a goooood album. :cool

ayumisrael 4th May 2009 11:24 PM

LOL
Karen, do you admit you are one of JE's fangirls that we withness in oricon (their sales)? xD

Junnosuke is really cute, I love his gags :roflmao
I think he will be a great dad to our adopted children.
I just hope he wants 2 boys and a girl. :love