Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Artists & Bands (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [Ai Otsuka] 〓◎She is writing a Love Letter in her 14th thread◎〓 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89871)

KarenPang 4th August 2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarbasil (Post 2046984)
Any news on the new single or a new album or anything? I've been listening to Ai almost completely straight for the last 2 days and I really want more. :weep

nothing man :(

I hope she wouldn't be like Utada Hikaru , take her own sweet time to release something

I would hate to see the day when I completely stopped supporting both artistes @_@

taskinillusion 4th August 2009 01:50 AM

Man, poor Ai. :( I feel like everyone is just going to completely forget who she is and lose interest. I wish she would go back to releasing stuff like her earlier days!

mcluva420 4th August 2009 08:11 AM

any pics, videos, reports, etc on ai in a-nation? :)

agashi 4th August 2009 02:18 PM

oh! im waiting for that too! anyone??

jiarongisme 4th August 2009 02:42 PM

No photos can be found on YAJ so I guess there're pictures just yet. Unless someone who went there took photos. :(

waterballoon 4th August 2009 03:10 PM

I really want to know her current look...

Aga-chan 4th August 2009 03:54 PM

It's kinda weird to don't have a summer single, since she's probably best known for her upbeat crazy-fun songs. Though on the other hand, if she would release something like "ROCKET SNEAKER/OnexTime" people would probably say that she should take a rest.

sugarbasil 4th August 2009 07:16 PM

^^I really don't want another ROCKET SNEAKER/OnexTime. :no It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that it was a very mediocre single. :/ I really want something better than that from Ai. If she came out with something like Bye Bye that'd be different.

Speaking of her LOVE LETTER album, I really wish Shachihata and 360 were their own single. That would have been SO COOL. :luv2

Aga-chan 4th August 2009 08:33 PM

^Well, I was just refering to the situation that occured when the single was released. People want a single, but when it's not up to their standards they wished the person would rest and release something better. Though this time she's already taking a long enough rest. ^^;

I personally kinda liked "ROCKET SNEAKER/OnexTime". But it seems that she's keeping it save when it comes to her singles lately. Though her recent B-sides are more diversed. That's why the release of "360°" and "SHACHIHATA" as singles sure would have been interesting.

maze 5th August 2009 01:21 AM

CARAJO! quiero un nuevo single de ai otsuka AHORA! :irked

OMFG @sugarbasil, i love your second pic on your sig :laugh

KarenPang 5th August 2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarbasil (Post 2047910)
^^I really don't want another ROCKET SNEAKER/OnexTime. :no It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that it was a very mediocre single. :/ I really want something better than that from Ai. If she came out with something like Bye Bye that'd be different.

Speaking of her LOVE LETTER album, I really wish Shachihata and 360 were their own single. That would have been SO COOL. :luv2

to me I find Rocket Sneaker / One x Time OK for my liking

it's the PV & lack of it that really spoiled everything unfortunately :no

Yum!Fruit_Salad! 5th August 2009 06:12 AM

Only thing I didn't care for was OnexTime itself. It reminds me of a less interesting Ticket.

KarenPang 5th August 2009 06:17 AM

it's a shame that One x Time did not got a PV of its own

it should have imo . It will make me like the song even more than ever

Mirai Noah 5th August 2009 05:45 PM

Rocket Sneaker and One x Time were both fine songs, but not my favorites.

sugarbasil 5th August 2009 10:56 PM

Well they've both grown on me since. At times I find ROCKET SNEAKER to be really relaxing and exactly what I need, but OnexTime still has yet to really grown on me. I do find it really relaxing, though. But as someone said, it reminds me of Ticket a lot. :shrug

And personally, if I find that an artist isn't releasing material to my liking I generally don't associate it with needing more time off. I generally associate it with just losing their creativity or the spark they used to have. In Ai's case, her change of songs just feels like to me a change of her personality, and not being as upbeat and maybe creative as she used to be. However, because she releases songs like 360 and shachihata, I know her creativity's not gone. I know she has it in her. On Ayu's case, though, the constant recent releases of not-as-great-as-they-used-to-be (subjective opinion, but I still think her releases are great. I'm still a hard core Ayu fan) may be because she needs a break. She releases so many singles a year, that it's really hard to spend time exploring for something. Though she did take that break when touring last year. :shrug Whatevs. :laugh

waterballoon 6th August 2009 03:49 AM

I don't like that single, lol. Bad songs imo... I mean they sound okay but it's far from what I expect from Ai... I miss songs like PEACH & Sakuranbo lol.

NintendoHTF1242 6th August 2009 02:13 PM

Just make another Katorisenkou and life is all good~

Kaiouforever 9th August 2009 12:31 PM

The singles from the last album really felt mediocre to me. Something's missing from her music!

hopefully she is resting and having new thoughts for materials =D I don't mind if she takes her time, as long as it means great work ahead

*-_Ayu-fan_-* 9th August 2009 02:16 PM

Does anyone know where can I find funny videos from Ai ??

I have only one , she was in Utaban with the magician

YuriChan 9th August 2009 06:47 PM

I want another Sakuranbo! DX