Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   AHS can't be accessed via handphone (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119867)

CoriKaru 10th April 2014 03:05 AM

So if I can still see my avatar does that mean everybody else can too?

truehappiness 10th April 2014 04:13 AM

Not sure... you and owlflight both have avatars at the moment along with Koumori and orangeakira for me.

Bigtop 10th April 2014 06:24 AM

truehappiness
I'm kind of wondering...do you have a Twitter account?

Αyumi 10th April 2014 06:27 AM

I'm so happy to see how much you guys love AHS!

The reason only some of the avatars are working, is most likely because you used the same avatar before the backup used. Meaning, if the backup was from February 1st and you changed your avatar after that date, it won't be displayed now.

Mind you, I'm just making a guess, so I could be wrong!

(I also tried to find a way to refresh/re-upload your avatars but the server won't accept new files..) I'm just glad the forum is back.. with or without avatars. :<

If you don't want to see that ugly big box, you can just click "Don't display any avatar" from your avatar settings. You can also choose one of the provided avatars in the settings. I know it's not exactly what you wanted, but it could be a decent temporary option. :3

Minttulatte 10th April 2014 10:33 AM

I noticed that I can see everyone's avatars perfectly when I'm here with my laptop but whenever I use my iPad, I see nothing. I have no idea why it does that. o.O

Sandy 10th April 2014 11:13 AM

I personally want to thank Ayumi as well, it was a bold move on your part imo :)
I'm starting to see the light at the end of this long tunnel we've all been in ~~~

Αyumi 10th April 2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdolce (Post 3070522)
I noticed that I can see everyone's avatars perfectly when I'm here with my laptop but whenever I use my iPad, I see nothing. I have no idea why it does that. o.O

Hmm.. The avatars might be cached on your browser.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 3070526)
I personally want to thank Ayumi as well, it was a bold move on your part imo :)
I'm starting to see the light at the end of this long tunnel we've all been in ~~~

Thank you! T__T <3 <3
I'm happy you're all staying despite the stupid issues.

douggn 10th April 2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Αyumi (Post 3070385)
Hi again!

Thanks to those who cleared up some things for me (truehappiness/Koumori).

Since people have been wondering, I'll let you know that ZeF actually handed me the domain himself. I noticed it expired, and asked him about it.

It's on my account now, and I have no intentions of letting it expire again!

But in short, I only have access to the URL name, and not the actual forum software. :(
(Which means I cannot fix the avatar issue..)

I don't want to call myself owner. I want to make it clear that I believe the staff and moderators on AHS are what should be considered as owners.

The only reason I haven't handed the domain over, is because I don't actually know anyone enough to decide on where it would be safe from expiring.. I don't want the domain to die again, and if I can prevent it, I will do so. Because seeing how the downtime affected people made me sad.

If I could just take the whole forum and move it to a new server where it would be safe, I really would've done that already. But like I said.. no access, so no fix for now. :( Hopefully that can be done soon though!

:thanks2:

bluegie 10th April 2014 12:44 PM

Thanks so much Ayumi :D. You're the angel of AHS ;).

NintendoHTF1242 10th April 2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoriKaru (Post 3070473)
So if I can still see my avatar does that mean everybody else can too?

I can see your avatar still lol

I couldn't see mine, so I just got rid of it altogether.

Livey~ 10th April 2014 11:11 PM

^ Same here XD

And thank you, Ayumi, for saving AHS~ :shughug

Αyumi 11th April 2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 (Post 3070608)
I can see your avatar still lol

I couldn't see mine, so I just got rid of it altogether.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livey~ (Post 3070632)
^ Same here XD

And thank you, Ayumi, for saving AHS~ :shughug

You guys can still choose from the pre-set avatars, if you want!

XFER 11th April 2014 02:55 AM

I visit this forum every single day... and somehow, I always was able to get in, never seeing anything different or wrong. Still, I am glad, or I would have panicked lol Thanks Ayumi for saving the forum!! <3